• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

Tried v1.59, same...I cant edit the comments! Help! :(

I have been unable to find any version of this contribution that has the ability to edit comments. I'll see what I can do.

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I have been unable to find any version of this contribution that has the ability to edit comments. I'll see what I can do.

Stew

Thanks Stew, hope to get an update from you soon. Many thanks and Happy New Year 2006!

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Thanks Stew, hope to get an update from you soon. Many thanks and Happy New Year 2006!

It's not coming so great. The best I've been able to come up with is this:

<?php
$orders_history_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "' order by date_added");
/////why doesn't this work???
$orders_status_history_id = $order->status[$i]['history'][$j]['orders_status_history_id'];
/////////////////////////////
if (tep_db_num_rows($orders_history_query)) {
  while ($orders_history = tep_db_fetch_array($orders_history_query)) {
 echo '  <tr>' . "\n" .
	  '	<td class="smallText" align="center">' . tep_datetime_short($orders_history['date_added']) . '</td>' . "\n" .
	  '	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left" width="10"> </td>' . "\n" .
	  '	<td class="smallText" align="center">';
 if ($orders_history['customer_notified'] == '1') {
   echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'tick.gif', ICON_TICK) . "</td>\n";
 } else {
   echo tep_image(DIR_WS_ICONS . 'cross.gif', ICON_CROSS) . "</td>\n";
 }
 echo '	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left" width="10"> </td>' . "\n" .
	  '	<td class="smallText" align="left">' . $orders_status_array[$orders_history['orders_status_id']] . '</td>' . "\n";
 if ($CommentsWithStatus) {
   echo '	<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="left" width="10"> </td>' . "\n" .
	   /////////////////////////
	 ////HERE THEY ARE ///////
		'		<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_status[$orders_status_history_id][comments]' size='52' value='" . nl2br(tep_db_output($orders_history['comments'])) . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n";
		//'	<td class="smallText" align="left">' . nl2br(tep_db_output($orders_history['comments'])) . ' </td>' . "\n";
 //////////////////////////////
 //////////////////////////////
 }
 echo '  </tr>' . "\n";
  }
} else {
  echo '  <tr>' . "\n" .
	'	<td class="smallText" colspan="5">' . TEXT_NO_ORDER_HISTORY . '</td>' . "\n" .
	'  </tr>' . "\n";
}
?>

This gives the appearance of being able to edit the comments, but not the actual functionality. The orders_status_history_id value is not being inserted into the input name properly.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

why don't you look how stock osc does it

that works

I'm not sure what you mean by this- we might be talking about two different things. I do like and appreciate what you've done, but what I was trying to do was a bit different. Stock osC does not offer much in the way of editing functions.

what am i doing wrong? I followed the instructions and installed everything (twice). my problem is when i click on add a product i get redirected to http://www.samag.com/. when i click the button my status gar says looking up admin, then waiting for google, then opens up http://www.samag.com/ their title is 'sys admn' Any sugestions? Anybody?

what am i doing wrong? I followed the instructions and installed everything (twice). my problem is when i click on add a product i get redirected to http://www.samag.com/. when i click the button my status gar says looking up admin, then waiting for google, then opens up http://www.samag.com/ their title is 'sys admn' Any sugestions? Anybody?

That's bizarre. What version are you using? What does the status bar of your browser read when you mouse over the "Add product" button?

i guess it should say http://ustelphonics.com/admin/edit_orders...._product&step=1 in the status bar since my site is ustelphonics.com. how do i fix that?

Line 1069 of admin/edit_orders.php should read

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . $PHP_SELF . '?oID=' . $oID . '&action=add_product&step=1">' . tep_image_button('button_add_article.gif', ADDING_TITLE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Line 1069 of admin/edit_orders.php should read

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . $PHP_SELF . '?oID=' . $oID . '&action=add_product&step=1">' . tep_image_button('button_add_article.gif', ADDING_TITLE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

That is what it reads exactly.

That is what it reads exactly.

This must be some bizarro problem having to do with different versions of PHP and/or MySQL. Possibly it's an issue with your admin/includes/configure.php file.

Try this:

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="https://www.ustelphonics.com.com/admin/edit_orders.php?oID=' . $oID . '&action=add_product&step=1">' . tep_image_button('button_add_article.gif', ADDING_TITLE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

If you don't use SSL for your admin area change that to just be http.

Edited by djmonkey1

This must be some bizarro problem having to do with different versions of PHP and/or MySQL. Possibly it's an issue with your admin/includes/configure.php file.

Try this:

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="https://www.ustelphonics.com.com/admin/edit_orders.php?oID=' . $oID . '&action=add_product&step=1">' . tep_image_button('button_add_article.gif', ADDING_TITLE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

If you don't use SSL for your admin area change that to just be http.

That worked thank you for your assistance.

There was one problem, a typo, , you have an extra .com in the address. I'm not slammin you I just thought i would let everyone know just in case they needed to use it. Thank You so much djmonkey1.

That worked thank you for your assistance.

There was one problem, a typo, , you have an extra .com in the address. I'm not slammin you I just thought i would let everyone know just in case they needed to use it. Thank You so much djmonkey1.

Typos happen!

Tell me, why you want to edit comments?

You have to have full documentation of posting with customers.

If same shop assistant promised something to customer I want to know that. But if he can to delete or edit any post it could be hard to guess who is right when something happened.

Tell me, why you want to edit comments?

You have to have full documentation of posting with customers.

If same shop assistant promised something to customer I want to know that. But if he can to delete or edit any post it could be hard to guess who is right when something happened.

I would like to be able to edit comments because I want to print the neatest invoice to my customers with the description of warranty in the comment box, before I print it out and email my customers. I do make mistake sometimes in commenting (eg. mistaken a customer who has paid but still asking for his payment), and I definitely dont want that to appear in my invoice to him. I know I can turn off the comment when printing, but I still want to include the warranty part in the comments.

Having the comments there doesnt secure the customer anything, but the final invoice to him is the ultimate proof to him. If customers find the invoice is not correct, then he can definitely reject or ask to correct it. However, a messy invoice with many comments correction on it doesnt look nice...and I do make mistake... :P

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

I would like to be able to edit comments because I want to print the neatest invoice to my customers with the description of warranty in the comment box, before I print it out and email my customers. I do make mistake sometimes in commenting (eg. mistaken a customer who has paid but still asking for his payment), and I definitely dont want that to appear in my invoice to him. I know I can turn off the comment when printing, but I still want to include the warranty part in the comments.

Having the comments there doesnt secure the customer anything, but the final invoice to him is the ultimate proof to him. If customers find the invoice is not correct, then he can definitely reject or ask to correct it. However, a messy invoice with many comments correction on it doesnt look nice...and I do make mistake... :P

The comments are not for customer security but for shop owner security. This way he can control informations sent by shop assistants.

I think, better way to include warranty is to write it in separate file and to append to invoice when print it. If editing of comments will be possible, possiblility to block this function should be avaliable to administrator.

I found a bug. The untaxed price of any product is equal to taxed price of it.

To repair this bug you should find:

'<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]' size='5' value='" . number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 2, '.', '') . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" . 
'<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</td>' . "\n" .

and to change it to:

'<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]' size='5' value='" . number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 2, '.', '') . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" . 
'<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</td>' . "\n" .

I think, the next step should be to implement JavaScript realtime recalculating of products datas (prices, sum etc.)

I found a bug. The untaxed price of any product is equal to taxed price of it.

To repair this bug you should find:

'<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format($order->products[$i]['final_price'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</td>' . "\n" .

and to change it to:

'<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . $currencies->format(tep_add_tax($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax']), true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</td>' . "\n" .

I think, the next step should be to implement JavaScript realtime recalculating of products datas (prices, sum etc.)

Which version are you using?

I've installed this contribution and it works great (I'm a newbie so the fact that I got it to work is amazing). Thanks for great instructions.

One question though...how do you edit info if someone is paying via paypal? Say for example you have given them a "coupon" and they get $5 off their purchase. How do you edit the total owing BEFORE they pay? Will they be able to edit it themselves?

I've installed this contribution and it works great (I'm a newbie so the fact that I got it to work is amazing). Thanks for great instructions.

One question though...how do you edit info if someone is paying via paypal? Say for example you have given them a "coupon" and they get $5 off their purchase. How do you edit the total owing BEFORE they pay? Will they be able to edit it themselves? [/quote

]Great! :rolleyes:

Do you mind telling us what version, date or such that you used and if it was all in one package? Thanks.

2oldNslow

I am no expert, I am only trying to help.

Always, always back up.Use several browsers like IE,

Opera, Firefox and Netscape to view your work..

The free tools work great to do osCommerce changes,

PHP Designer 05/06, NoteTab Lite, SciTE, PSPad, XAMPP,

Filezilla, 1st Page, osCommerce is #1!