• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I've got the exact same problem with the same setup. I was using the order editor before I recoded to turn off globals, and after that, the buyer and shipping data all gets erased from the DB when I click update.

I've got the exact same problem with the same setup.  I was using the order editor before I recoded to turn off globals, and after that, the buyer and shipping data all gets erased from the DB when I click update.

So once you installed the register globals off contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2097), this started happening?

Hmmm...hoping someone can chime in here. I've got to be able to edit the orders to add shipping charges (they are calculated after the order is packed up etc) and to fix up some areas where the qty discount doesn't work quite right. Right now it's a major PITA not being able to do this.

I wish I could be so sure, but I also totally reinstalled my system due to being hacked over the Chinese New Year, so I'm not sure. But I was using the order editor with no problem, then after reinstalling everything, and turning off globals (yes using the globals off contribution), all data is gone when clicking update on the edit order form. I haven't had time to look in detail, but clearly the array should be holding the data is being returned empty and updating the database. This should not be very hard to figure out, it just needs some time.

• 3 weeks later...
I wish I could be so sure, but I also totally reinstalled my system due to being hacked over the Chinese New Year, so I'm not sure.  But I was using the order editor with no problem, then after reinstalling everything, and turning off globals (yes using the globals off contribution), all data is gone when clicking update on the edit order form.  I haven't had time to look in detail, but clearly the array should be holding the data is being returned empty and updating the database.  This should not be very hard to figure out, it just needs some time.

UPDATE: Turns out my problem was with the Register Globals being off. Someone was kind enough to post a fix in the contribution and now at least I can update orders. Still a problem applying the correct tax to the shipping (my tax rate varies depending on the location of the customer) but at least it sort of works now.

UPDATE: Turns out my problem was with the Register Globals being off. Someone was kind enough to post a fix in the contribution and now at least I can update orders. Still a problem applying the correct tax to the shipping (my tax rate varies depending on the location of the customer) but at least it sort of works now.

Hoping someone would be kind enough to help me out - I think I know what needs to be changed and where but I'm just not sure how:

$AddShippingTax gets defined earlier in the edit_orders.php file. Rather than using that to calculate the shipping tax, I want to use the same method used to determine tax for products. So in the code below, this line:

$RunningTax += (($AddShippingTax / 100) * $ot_value);

...would be modified to perform the tax query and use that instead of the pre-defined shipping tax. Any help is greatly appreciated.

// Shipping Tax
	 foreach($update_totals as $total_index => $total_details)
	 {
   extract($total_details,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"ot");
   if($ot_class == "ot_shipping")
   {
  	 $RunningTax += (($AddShippingTax / 100) * $ot_value);
   }
	 }

I've installed the newest version of the order editor. Everything installed easily, but I'm having permissions problems.

Access Denied 

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

Not sure what to do from here.

Confused worm farmer looking for assistance.

• 1 month later...

Now that I am cross-eyed, I registered to post this craziness.

Using v.1.60 by Christian Binkert

For starters, I'm not a PHP whiz and don't like what I did to "fix" this, but...

Problem was that we collect tax on shipping and it was either not being added at all or was a few pennies off in the calculation.

Tax rate is 7.25%, but adding it in admin/edit_orders.php to the $AddShippingTax as 7.8 makes the tax calculate right and the totals are correct now. So there seems to be something amiss in the code.

// Optional Tax Rates, e.g. shipping tax of 17.5% is "17.5"
 $AddCustomTax = "00.0"; // class "ot_custom", used for all unknown total modules
 $AddShippingTax = "7.8"; // class "ot_shipping"
 $AddLevelDiscountTax = "00.0"; // class "ot_lev_discount"
 $AddCustomerDiscountTax = "00.0"; // class "ot_customer_discount"

And further down in the same file I'm using:

// Update Tax and Subtotals: please choose sum WITH or WITHOUT tax, but activate only ONE version;-)
	 // $RunningSubTotal += round(tep_add_tax(($products_details["qty"] * $products_details["final_price"]), $products_details["tax"])*20, 0)/20; // version WITH tax
   $RunningSubTotal += $products_details["qty"] * $products_details["final_price"]; // version WITHOUT tax

Is there a modification to the Step-By-Step Manual Order Entry or the Attitude Simple Manual Order Entry contribution to work with the downloads controller?

At the moment, when you create an order, as far as I can make out, nothing gets added to the orders_products_download table.

I've searched the forums but cannot find anything about this question.

thanks for any input on this.

Barry

The only problem that I have with this is when it comes to modifying an order, if they have used a gift voucher to pay for it, it automatically adds the gv instead of reducing the order accordingly.

Does anyone know how to bi-pass this?

Hi all

I have the same problem and I'm wondering, if anyone found a solution for this without adding the - manualy to each voucher?

I'm using order edit with gift voucher 2.2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435/

I can only find up to version 1.56.  am I looking in the wrong place?

When I am amending the orders it is getting rid of the tax amount.  Is there a fix for this?  does the newer version do this?

I wondered the same exact thing initially. Actually, I think the latest version number's a mistake. If you scroll way down and click to download one of the earlier ones, it shows as version 1.61.

I think the latest is supposed to be 1.66

Hope that helps.

Hi Everyone,

I have found this mod so useful but the people who process the orders are having difficulty with remebering all the catagories (its a perfume shop so there are lots of different catagories) when adding a product.

Is there any way to Skip Step 1 of adding a product and change the SQL query to generate the whole product list

rather then having to go through catagories.

I have looked through all the pages here and have not seen anything similar

Any help would be so much appericated

thanks in advance

Zebra

Have uploaded version 1.61 from the contributions.

When I go to edit an order it has the subtotal as tax exclusive. I am having to calculate the tax manually if I am to edit an order.

The subtotal comes up as the tax exclusive price. Can I change it so it shows as the tax inclusive price?

• 2 weeks later...

I am using version from 18.02.2005, but the described two problems also appear with other versions:

First problem:

OrderEdit inserts in the data fields company till telephone of billing adress the field description again, which should only be printed for one time in front of the fields. Difficulty to describe, easier to have a look at the screenshot:

1.jpg

Second problem:

Regular order: article for 20.99 Euro

Order Edit cuts the value after point, so only 20 Euros appear. It is strange: When I manually add an article, the shown and calculated value is correct.

2.jpg

Has anybody similar problems?

i have installed teh latest version and i have register gloabals on as it was the default for my hosting i dint know until now.

it seems to be updating the order in the admin but the customer isnt getting an email? i then changed it to processing status and it sent the email but it didnt show the updated order as i had edited it. it still showed the original order?

one other question: how does this recharge the customer?

ah ok it is updating the order ok now :) but its not sending the customer a email notification to let let them know ive updated the order?

can i get this to work is it to do with teh register globals being on?

how do i charge the extra money or take off the money if neccessar?

is this done automatically through oscommerce?

im using worldpay to do the transactions if that helps?

sorry to post again but ive just noticed it does update the actual order total but none of the comments or notifying the customer or append the comments stuff works

anyone know how to fix this or having the same problems?

I see this code here, but since I have no knowledge of PHP I dont know how to modify it to work the way I want, commenting it out simply just doesnt work.

// 0 Quantity = Delete
   $Query = "delete from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " where orders_products_id = '$orders_products_id';";
   tep_db_query($Query);

We get a lot of emails from customers saying "I ordered this but its not on the invoice..." etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Just setup this contribute (pretty sweet :)) and used Michel Haase's tax fix and it seems to work, but I've found another little bug. I tried combing through this thread but it's gotten so long I might have missed it.

If I click the update button to save any changes I have done, any product with an attribute will get the amount added listed again. This will cascade every time I hit update. Here's an example:

-Size: Medium

*press update button*

-Size: Medium (+9.00)

*press update button again*

-Size: Medium (+$9.00)(+$9.00)

It'll keep going each time I hit the update button again. Since it always adds one, even if I delete all of them, when I hit the update button it'll add a new one. Has anyone else had this problem, and has someone found a work around? Thanks for the help.