• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I have uploaded a personalised version of 1.59 (I called it 1.59a).

The upload ONLY contains a personalised version of the catalog/admin/edit_orders.php page.

Same as 1.59, but with comments and status code removed to reduce probabilities of errors and duplication of code. Also included a slight mod to the update of the credit card fields, the update subtotal field (for Australian tax) and the back button (thanks Didier). I made the changes to the comments and status fields because I find the orders.php a better page to update the order comments and status as I have other contributions linked to these fields from that page.

Try it out if your game and since I know very little PHP and SQL, I'd appreciate any errors being pointed out.

Cheers

Mick K

I'm using version 1.59 (because 1.60 seems to be made for CRE LOADED, not default OScommerce) and was having database incompatibility issues.

When I want to add products to the order, the page does not list any products. I believe 1.60 was trying to fix this problem, but can someone let me know what code needs to be edited or possibly repost a fixed version of the order editor?

THanks.

I'm curious as to what fixed the error with the headers (Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/premope/public_html/os/admin/includes/classes/order.php:107) in /home/premope/public_html/os/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18) that someone mentioned earlier?

None of my general/order/edit_order files seem to have unclosed php tags, so I'm not sure what's going on?

• 2 weeks later...

This nice contribution seems not to work if you have 2 different kinds of VAT (tax) in your order.

Has anyone solved the problem with the tax yet?

Otherwise seems a great contrib, but now it's completely useless for me...

It seems that if there is taxed products all the taxes will appear on every tax subtotal.

So for example:

Product 1, tax (22%) price 1.00 --> tax=0.22

Product 2, tax (8%) price 1.00 --> tax=0.08

Total tax 0.3

In sub totals:

tax 8% = 0.3

tax 22% = 0.3

= 0.6

Has anyone solved this problem yet?

Regards,

Alex

Well, I finally did something about the rounding errors that always appear after you add a product. The rounding occurs because the unit price on the edit_orders.php page is trunciated to 2 decimals when it really should be 4 (because it is stored as 4 in the database as Product Price (Net)). If anyone else suffers from rounding errors after adding a product you can fix it by modifying the following line in edit_orders.php (around line 733):

' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]' size='5' value='" . number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 2, '.', '') . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .

To:

' <td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]' size='7' value='" . number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 4, '.', '') . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .

This only displays the Unit Price as 4 decimals on the edit orders page. The other pages (Invoice, Packing Slip and Orders page still display 2 decimals as it should).

On an apparently related issue....

on the order detail block in the order editor (CRE loaded with Order Editor 1.6) the far right total column is ZERO when the final_price inolved is the result of attribute values.

When it is free of attrivutes the line total seems to work fine.

In both cases the The overall order total seems to be working fine as it shows the correct total regardless of line totals = 0

Any thoughts on that issue.

However, while this isn't really related to this contribution, here are some ideas that I've implemented and found extremely useful:

I've found that having a "paid" database flag/field is helpful, especially when people are sending in checks or money orders, or when credit cards aren't processed during checkout. Currently, I have that paid flag, and in my orders list, if an order is paid for, I have a $ sign next to the order.

I also use the Overlib Javascript library to allow me to view the comments right from the order list. Here's a partial screenshot of my orders list.

mods.gif

Some of those are real time-savers. I've also added a "cancelled" status so that I can keep track of how many orders are cancelled instead of just deleting them.

- Jonathan

Jonathan, if you post it that would be greatly appreciated.

Any chance of getting the code you have shown in your image here that gives those status flags?  Also including the javascript for the comments would be an excellent thing to get a hold of.

And what mod are you running that gives you a specific tracking number field?

Scot, Have you fond the code for this function yet?

// Fredrik

Has anyone got the contribution Custom PC Creator to work with this order editing tool?

I have v1.59 installed and when I try to edit an order with a custom created item, it only lists the item name and none of the chosen options in the order editor.

Can someone help me with this?

Edited by PopTheTop

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

I just installed 1.6a, and it works.

My only concern after testing is that you cannot notify a customer if you do not change the order status. Say for example that I would like to keep a customer's order status the same, change their shipping address, and email them - this does not work.

In order to email (notify customer), you need to change the status of the order itself.

Anyone have a quick fix for this? This would really save some admin time.

Hi,

as I had a previous version installed, I just copied the new files and nearly everything works great.

There is only one thing: We run a multilingual shop. When I add products to an order, all the available options are shown in the customers language. As soon as I accept the product, they are turned back in the admin language, which is German.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Thx, Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

Is v.1.60a A full install?

I installed this contrib for the first time ever from v.1.60a (Jan 5 2005)

yet there isnt any noticable addition in my admin panel, as if the contribution was not installed.

Advice needed,

John

Has anyone got the contribution Custom PC Creator to work with this order editing tool?

I have v1.59 installed and when I try to edit an order with a custom created item, it only lists the item name and none of the chosen options in the order editor.

Can someone help me with this?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great contribution. I just upgraded to the 1.6a version and works fantastic. There is still one problem I am trying to solve: it does not recognize specials prices. I also saw someone asked previously in this thread, but can't find any answers. Anyone know how to make it find the specials price if the item is on special?

"Your focus is your reality"

Hi!

We also have a setup with prices being displayed including tax.

The Problem is, that any updated order than adds the tax again to the total and outputs a wron order total.

Any ideas??

BTW. It's version v1.60 Just downloaded today, Jan 21st, 05

Anyone have an idea?

I've installed it and it's great except you cannot delete products from orders (needs to be done when people change something for something else that's out of stock). I have also found it doesn't notify the customer when you ask it to.

I just installed this contribution, yet when i got to edit an order, all of the text in the edit window is in german. I am not sure why this is, and i do not quite know how to fix it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Christian

I got this awsome mod installed and working all for I am not getting this in my header, Tring to find the error but not seeing it?

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/aquarium/public_html/cart/admin/includes/filenames.php:56) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/cart/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

and then when I click the adit button to save the changes I get

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/cart/admin/includes/filenames.php:56) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/cart/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/cart/admin/includes/filenames.php:56) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/cart/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Edited by marinefiend

Awsome mod! Glad I found it. Easy install.

However, I'm having a small problem. When I update the order it rounds out the sub-total. I don't charge tax or anything and my items are priced at $11.99. The order I was trying to edit sub-total is $23.98. And after I click "update" the amount rounds up to $24.00.

Any idea why this is happening?

I'm using 2.2...

Edited by diva_uno

Ive also got a order total related problem.

When making an order update it no longer adds tax to the COD fee. (Cash on Delivery module). It still shows the price with tax included but it never adds this tax to the total tax sum.

Any hints on where to look for this problem would be appreciated. :)

Edited by Reckie

Ive also got a order total related problem.

When making an order update it no longer adds tax to the COD fee. (Cash on Delivery module). It still shows the price with tax included but it never adds this tax to the total tax sum.

Any hints on where to look for this problem would be appreciated. :)

Added to say i display all prices with tax included and then list the the total tax at the very bottom.

Total exclusive shipping: 1000

Shipping: 100

COD fee: 50

Total: 1150

Included Tax: 230

However, upon editing of order it does not add the COD tax to the Included Tax, like this.

Total exclusive shipping: 1000

Shipping: 100

COD fee: 50 <---- still shows COD fee with tax included

Total: 1150

Included Tax: 220 <------ COD tax not included in total