• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

This contribution sounds great but is there any way to create an invoice that can be emailed to a customer if changes are made and additional fees need to be collected?

Say they originally paid $50.00 and they are exchanging for a new item that is $25.00 more and we need to collect the additional fees. It would be great if we could email them an invoice and they could pay it through your checkout.. Think this is possible?

I noticed that in the original edit page, I can enter AND append comments and the comments are saved.

But in this MOD, on the new Order Edit page, no matter what I do with the comments, they are not saved.

I do have the newest version installed. The top of the file says:

edit_orders.php,v 1.21 2004/09/18 15:46:00 jrb

But I just downloaded it last night.

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying out v1.57 of this contrib and have a problem where products don't show up when I go to "Add Product"

All the categories are there and a few products show up in the corresponding drop down. But most drop downs are blank. If I select a blank space and update, the product shows up in the order but it's a guessing game. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Edited by friedmds

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the very useful contribution Order Editor v1.58 (far better than the Update Order mod) and I did some enhancements and bug fixing.

This is the changelog for version 1.59 :

- multi-language support for product options and product description

- correction of currency display during display of tax, subtotal and total (currency is displayed AFTER the amount)

- bigger display fields of payment method, product name and options values

- the option value prefix if now displayed

You can find it here : http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

Support thread : http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54032

Didier.

I'm trying out v1.57 of this contrib and have a problem where products don't show up when I go to "Add Product"

All the categories are there and a few products show up in the corresponding drop down.  But most drop downs are blank.  If I select a blank space and update, the product shows up in the order but it's a guessing game.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Probably linked to the language problem. Do you have products without a description ? I yes, download my 1.59 version. Should be fixed.

Didier.

Hi

Installed 18 Sep 2004 - Order Editor 1.58 posting of this mod.

Unfortunately the old problem of order status being set to 0 is happening. Could be a missing datalink to a table in the db, ($staus) , but even changing that to (1) in edit_orders.php does not eliminate it.

The result is my Order page is not showing the new orders, and sure enough in phpmyadmin they order status are set to zero.

Please help if you can ;o)

Great Contribution!!

I was wondering if there's a way to modify this contribution so that when you add an item, then it would update the shipping accordingly?

Thanks!! :D

@phpdistibutor : I did not liked the fact that the Order Editor allows to update the status, send emails, etc. It is just a duplication of code (cf. orders.php) and hard to maintain. So I dropped all code concerning status update etc. Have no problem anymore with the status set to "0". Cannot help you with this one. Sorry.

@mypowergear : a lot of stuff is missing in this Order Editor like the shipping modules, gift voucher (if installed). I think the shipping modules are part of the "catalog" environment and they are not available in the "admin" environment. As MS3 is coming up, I think it is too late to make those changes in this contribution as I read that admin and catalog will be merged together.

But I agree that the shipping module is missing the most because I have a lot of clients that do a mistake when choosing the shipping option. But time is missing to do this...

Didier.

I just installed the updated version (v1.59) and the updaed comments still do not work.

I noticed that in the original edit page (now the DETAILS page), I can enter AND append comments and the comments are saved.

But in this MOD, on the new Order Edit page, no matter what I do with the comments, they are not saved or appended.

In order to add comments, you have to go into the Order Details page.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Thanks Spaceboy.

@phpdistibutor : I did not liked the fact that the Order Editor allows to update the status, send emails, etc. It is just a duplication of code (cf. orders.php) and hard to maintain. So I dropped all code concerning status update etc. Have no problem anymore with the status set to "0". Cannot help you with this one. Sorry.

Me too! Use the Multi Update mod to assist change status. So you dropped all code concerning status update. Good idea.

Where are the places where it is found? When I changed my orders.php page I was under the impression I was adding a button to the edit_orders.php. Is there where the status changes are or, are they somewhere else?

I just installed the updated version (v1.59) and the updaed comments still do not work.

I noticed that in the original edit page (now the DETAILS page), I can enter AND append comments and the comments are saved.

But in this MOD, on the new Order Edit page, no matter what I do with the comments, they are not saved or appended.

In admin/edit_order.php, line 156, make the following change:

156c156
<               if (($order->info['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($comments))
---
>               if ($order->info['orders_status'] != $status)

Great mod, btw, will save me a ton of time. Looking forward to MS3, when integration of admin & catalog will mean we can also edit shipping and tax more directly! ^_^

Thanks, but that is what I already have and it does not save the comments in the order edit page, you have to add your comments in the order details page.

Edited by PopTheTop

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Hey all, I am still having problems with the Order Editor breaking the Sub-Total field on the invoice. As far as I can tell, osC uses the Sub-Total field to report the Gross price by adding up all the Total(inc) fields. This is good, this is what I want and this is obvioulsy the correct way to display a Sub-Total. The Order Editor on the other hand, reports the Sub-Total field as Net - it adds up all the Total(ex) fields. This is wrong and has been previously pointed out and still remains unfixed. I can't understand why ppl are using the Net prices. If you run a shop that uses tax, you should be using the Gross prices in your calculations. If you run a shop that doesn't use tax, you can still use the Gross prices because osC automatically makes the Gross price the same as the Net price. I'm obviously missing something because this hasn't been fixed for such a long time. Anyone care to enlighten me?

Cheers

--

Mick

I'm obviously missing something because this hasn't been fixed for such a long time.  Anyone care to enlighten me?

Instead of just crying around why don't u just say thankyou to the people that are working for just nothing? If u need something whu don't you just ask nicely? And if you BADLY need that modification why don't u try it by yourself?

my contribution: Alex's Contributions

For my update of this contribution (v1.59), I did not pay attention to the tax issues as I do not use taxes for my shop. I cannot help you with this issue.

But as Drako pointed out, why not try to fix the code and publish a new version ? We will all be happy to try out your version.

Didier.

Instead of just crying around why don't u just say thankyou to the people that are working for just nothing? If u need something whu don't you just ask nicely? And if you BADLY need that modification why don't u try it by yourself?

Well, I said thanks back when it was originally released. Don't get me wrong, I like the Order Editor, however, as I previously said, this sub totals error was identified A LONG TIME ago and I was after the reason why nothing has changed in this regard because I am obviously missing something as to the reason why.

As for asking nicely, of course I would. However, I am not asking for a fix yet, I am asking as for the reason why this hasn't been fixed.

As to your last, I did. I kludged it but this won't work for everyone, hence my request as to why this error remains unfixed. Is it just TOO hard to fix or is it due to some other reason? What am I missing?

--

Mick

For my update of this contribution (v1.59), I did not pay attention to the tax issues as I do not use taxes for my shop. I cannot help you with this issue.

But as Drako pointed out, why not try to fix the code and publish a new version ? We will all be happy to try out your version.

Didier.

Yeah no probs, thanks for letting me know as I am using v1.59.

Unfortunately, PHP and SQL are not in my resume, so it looks like I am going to have to learn if I want a fix for this problem (rather than a kludge).

Can you suggest any good tutorial sites I might start looking at?

Cheers

--

Mick

Hi Mick,

I have been a developer with a looooong time so I got around with PHP and HTML rather quickly. As a lot of people overhere, I read the code, try to understand, make changes and test a lot (well...that's what developers are supposed to do...hehe).

For your problem, I suggest to contact by PM one of the original authors of this contribution. Maybe they can have a look. If this is not possible, just buy one of those small PHP-SQL quick reference guides. It is a good start.

Good luck !

Didier.

...I just installed the updated version (v1.59) and the updated comments still do not get saved.

Anyone have this problem too or know how I can fix it?

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Yes, I have the same problem. I have to edit the item first, then use the details page to update the comments.

I also have a problem with the BACK button on the order editor page. It takes me back to the first orders page not the one I was on (ie. if I am editing an order on page 2 of the orders, pressing the BACK button takes me to page 1). Not a real big problem but it is annoying especially if you are updating a lot of orders on any other page than one.

--

Mick