• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

n!ce

few bugs @ tax, hope i can explain it with my english....

-) when you click on "edit" you see the product price without tax, but the shipping price is with tax, what happend is that you add the tax twice to the shipping costs!

-) i think nearly everyone in austria/germany uses the "cod_fee_calculation" mod, so there is a extra line for the cod fee added. Same thing for this, you have to add tax to this fee! (This fee is also displayed with tax at the edit screen, but there is nothing added).

What i mean is when you look at the edit module:

Product-Price (w.o. tax)

Shipping (w.o.tax, no it is displayed with tax)

C.O.D Fee (same like shipping)

-----------

Tax

---------

Sum

Added a Screenshot H E R E

Zwischensumme = Sub Total

Versandkosten = Shipping

Nachnahmegeb?hr = COD Fee

Mehrwertsteuer = Tax

Thx in advance, great mod!

Hmmm...

I dont follow you there, this is not how it is working for me.

Are you running your store to display prices inc Tax?

All my prices in the edit module are displayed without tax, and then calculated with tax on updating.

Hallo,

first of all... Thanks for the fast programming of a new release.

Now I have some wishes :D :

1. :? Is it possible to have a searching for products during you add new products. I have alot of products and it's not very easy to finde them in the dropdownboxes. A search after 'products_name' or better also after 'products_model'

2. :shock: Would be nice to have the possibility to have the functions from edit order status also in edit orders. Not only showing the information.

3. :?: Why you have bild the Adresstables one below the other ?

The release bevore they were side by side. That lokked better.

Thanks Matthias

Hmmm...

I dont follow you there, this is not how it is working for me.

Are you running your store to display prices inc Tax?

All my prices in the edit module are displayed without tax, and then calculated with tax on updating.

yes, my prices are displayed with tax. litte bit a mess with the tax :)

- ) when i push the "edit" button, the article price is displayed without tax, the sub-sum with tax. then, when i push the "refresh" button without changing anything, the sub-sum is displayed without tax.

the shipping costs and cod fees are displayed with tax every time, and the shipping cost tax is added twice.. :S

3. :?: Why you have bild the Adresstables one below the other ?

The release bevore they were side by side. That lokked better.

The last release only had 2 address sections for alteration.

This has one for seperate Invoicing Address, Delievery Address and Billing Address. You wont fit all 3 side by side.

Just alter it though if you need to.

Set the back alongside if thats how you prefer it.

Any chance you can add the ability to Create orders as well.

We need the ability to manually create orders for customers. When they call by phone and give us their credit card info and the items they want, I want to be able to enter that into my store.

Thanks for any info

Any chance you can add the ability to Create orders as well.

We need the ability to manually create orders for customers. When they call by phone and give us their credit card info and the items they want, I want to be able to enter that into my store.

Thanks for any info

have you tried the manual order entry module contrib?

Hope there is a way for fixing the tax issues on your contrib so that all sums are displayed without tax and then all additional lines created are calculated with the tax

Okay. I'll try to answer everyone's questions.

First, End: The "Choose a product" dropdown is populated by using the products_to_categories table. You may either be selecting a category that is empty, or your tables are set up differently. Keep in mind that in most stores, products are assigned to only a specific category. So, for instance, let's say you had the category "Books." However, you have a ton of books, so you don't really assign any products to just "Books." Instead, you create sub-categories like "Science Fiction," "Romance," and "Non-Fiction." And you assign books to those specific categories.

Now, if you select the "Books" category when adding a product, you won't see any books, because all the products are in their specific categories, so you'd need to select "Science Fiction" or "Romance" or "Non-Fiction" to be able to see any products.

Just a thought. I don't know if that's right or not. If you're still having trouble, send another message.

cgchris99: Yes, I've already added plans to make a "Create Order" tool, based on this one. However, I need to make sure we've got the tax problems fixed first. Otherwise, international stores aren't going to be able to create orders without having to do some major tweaks to the tax.

As for the mods in the screenshot, not really. They aren't "add-ons" - rather, they're modifications to the existing code. And I can foresee all sorts of trouble when people replace their existing orders.php with my modified one. However, I can tell you HOW to add each flag. (I later noticed that in osC 2.2, that one "note" icon is already set to take you to the details screen)

Bodyfeelings:

Regarding Wish #1, yes, I'm sure I could incorporate something like that. I don't know if I can put it in the next release, though.

Wish #2: I'm not sure what you mean. Please explain a bit better.

Wish #3: CC is correct. There wasn't enough room to have 3 sets of address tables next to each other. I agree that it did look better the other way, though. <shrug> Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be.

GFW:

- ) when i push the "edit" button, the article price is displayed without tax, the sub-sum with tax. then, when i push the "refresh" button without changing anything, the sub-sum is displayed without tax.  

the shipping costs and cod fees are displayed with tax every time, and the shipping cost tax is added twice.. :S

Is there any way I could access your store admin to see this? I realize that it would involve trusting me with your data, but I promise I won't try to screw anything up. :)

To All Having Problems With Tax, Especially International Stores: Right now, the tax is being calculated just based on a flat rate for shipping, and an individual percentage for each item. I'll need to be able to find out specifically how you want the tax processed. This may mean giving me some sort of access to your store, along with a description of how the tax is correctly calculated in your store/checkout. Send me a PM or an e-mail if you want me to take a look.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Download osCommerce Order Editor v1.2 Here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

@jonathan

Wish #2: I'm not sure what you mean. Please explain a bit better.  

You have implemented the orderstatus information in the screen. But you only show it. You are not able to change ore add something. (You can't send and add a new text with a new status.

Exmaple:

A customer calls you and want to quit the complet order before deliver. Than I can go to edit_oder and delete all products from his order and than I also want to set the statust of the order from pending to reversal and sed this information to the customer with a bit of text.

Same way you can do it in the orders.php during edit.

I hope I have explained better now ....

Thanks Matthias

bodyfeelings:

So you want to be able to change an order's status and add comments?

What version of osCommerce Order Editor did you download? You should be able to edit the order status and add comments in version 1.1 of the tool.

- Jonathan

Download osCommerce Order Editor v1.2 Here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

I have installed this contribution on an older V of OSC Pre MS.

Everything works until I try to save a changed order.

I get this error.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'comments =

I am a non programmer and am lost!

Here are some V # if it helps.

PHP Version 4.3.2

Linux 2.4.18-27.7.xsmp

MySQL 4.0.13

$Id: default.php,v 1.79 2002/11/23 02:08:10 thomasamoulton Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

This is a GREAT contribution and hope you great folks can help.

I would also like to have the ability to add an order from this contribution as discussed in this thread.

Thank,

-Ed

I was about to install this contribution but I seem already to have a file called edit_orders.php. I think it is part of the orders_editable contribution for updating order status and printing invoices.

Is it easy to change the name of the file?

I just downloaded this -- the install was SO simple, and this feature should have been in the original mod -- a CORNERstone to any e-commerce solution! FABULOUS idea and expert job of putting it together.

That said... :evil:

I have been able to change totals, etc., but not add a new product. I get the drop down menus (a great, smooth way to do this, too, I might say), I make a selection, and... it never adds. Any suggestions?

Yikes!

I also noticed...

when you change the quantity of an item in the edit_orders screen, it does not seem to modify the STOCK of the item in the database. Is this correct? Then... does it or does it not add a deleted item back into your inventory? Maybe it's just me, given the previous issue (above post), but if it's not, this would be VERY important, as it could quickly throw one's stock out of whack.

Yikes!

Okay this is a retarded question I know...but I am trying to check out the edit order features. When looking at a customer's order, he wants to add items to his order (he used m.o)...it gives this error:

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

I'm running my own server and logged in to the admin panel...what's up?

Also...as someone else asked earlier...how can I add an order manually? Anyone? Thanks.

Austin519