osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

6 minutes ago, Tsimi said:

@BrockleyJohn

Never mind. Used winmerge and saw it.

yep - some are (int) casts for the ids and everything else is tep_db_input

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

25 minutes ago, Peper said:

Does not work properly,  going in circles

Have you tried it on an order with a shipping subtotal?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

@Tsimi No, not working in ajax for me.

When ajax is enabled, then when i click the plus sign to add a line, i can type in name for the line and once i click over to price block ajax updates but that line is discarded and gone.

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

@Tsimi Tried yours as well

.. then when i click the plus sign to add a line, i can type in name for the line and once i click over to price block ajax updates but that line is discarded and gone.

Getting the Phoenix off the ground

Then I guess we'll have to wait for a better Order Editor then. I also tested it further and it is buggy. Sometimes it adds tax sometimes not all. When I place a new order and edit that order the first time it works. If I edit it again it doesn't update the tax anymore.

The Order Editor was never 100% working as it should. It is bloated with tons of unnecessary code to support various add-ons.
I guess use it to change address,  add/remove products and that's it. Regarding the tax just edit that inside the DB manually if it has to be.

It sucks I know but the Order Editor situation has been like this since.... ever.

But this is not something u must live with. You can either debug it and fix it for your own shop/s (as I did, but I can't share my fixes here as they are tailored for my needs) or hire someone to do it for you.

It doesn't as I don't charge taxes, but my files do contain many fixes to other bugs including weight calculation bugs. I don't use the AJAX module either.

Besides, I don't really have time to un-tailor code unfortunately. My advice is still a good one.

Edited by dr_lucas

@dr_lucas if you send me your edit_orders file I can look at merging in your bug fixes to the latest version and  @Peper can test it.

For the tax enhancement, we'll have to see how much work is involved...

My revised files contain proprietarty code, thus I can't share them as-is unfortunately. And it's not only edit_orders that was modified, but multiple files AFAICR.

Trust me, if I could share them, I would have done so without being requested.

I made some kind of 'modularization' of this addon time ago and I'm currently using it.

When I found several errors I split the module into templates, actions and common functions because I found many patches were being applied on the ajax page or in the standard one over time and both codes made different things, so I made both to run under the same code - that way any fix will affect both versions and code is much more readable and workable.

As dr_lucas I also use some custom fields and mods and I didn't find the time to make a version for download that doesn't have all of those mods. Also, I use QTPro. One of the big flaws on this addon is that it messes the stock quantities when adding or substracting units for a product with attributes. This is because oscommerce doesn't save database id for attributes in the database but instead saves attribute localized names. I've fixed it by adding a new field on the database that contains product attribute id that is saved on checkout - so later can be used with this addon to fix stock when you add or substract quantities of an order.

Anyway I can share it if some of you want to work on it. Just let me know.

1 hour ago, piernas said:

@BrockleyJohn just downloaded your files to test them on a blank oscommerce and found that it searches for images under /order_editor/images directory while in the zip file those are stored under /images

It explains why my test site doesn't have the pretty icons in Pierre's screenshot! I was commissioned to make a light-touch install of it so didn't go deeply into the actual editor itself, just plugged a lot of obvious holes and made sure that it stood up and appeared to work.

That said I'm quite happy to apply bug fixes, test and put them to the apps area, so keep them coming.

I can confirm that moving the images folder from where it was in the previous package does make them appear.

...but it turns out the javascript expects the images to be where they were in the package.

Time to start making a list! Perhaps your version of the editor might make a better starting point @piernas. Is it on github?

I don't think to add code for compatibility with other add-ons is the right way to go.
Order Editor should should be simple and clean as possible and work with stock osC features. Any required support or modification should be written down inside a install manual as OPTIONAL.
Not everyone is using QTPro or SPPC or SSPP or whatever all those add-ons are called.

Right now there is code to support; shipping label pdf, google maps + direction, pdf invoice admin 1.6.2, Send Html Email and I think QTPro.

That all should be stripped out and make Order Editor as simple as possible. People can modify their own Order Editor version later to support the add-ons they need.

Just my 2 cents.

@Tsimi I've no argument with that. A modularised approach with common code between the edit and ajax files is a very good idea too, and if well structured could readily support additional addons which would typically only hit one of the functional areas (eg. add/remove products for QTPro, SPPC, probably SSPP).

Hi,

I have installed the order-editor on my OSC 2.3.4.1 and i have next error.

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/edit_orders.phpoID=2 was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What could be my mistake?

Many thanks,