• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

@@ArtcoInc

You could probably make use of something like this inside the module's class constructor

if ($this->enabled == true) {
     if (!tep_session_is_registered('admin')) {
        $this->enabled = false;
     }
   }

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

I realize that these are old posts, but ...

I have just added this to my v2.3.3.4 store - A great add-on indeed!

However I am having a minor problem with url encoding in emails sent from the edit_orders_ajax.php file.

The order update email that is sent out includes a link back to the order as below:

Detailed Invoice: https://www.mydomain.co.uk/account_history_info.phpEURorder_id=16743

As you can see the parameters are preceded by 'EUR' instead of '?' which obviously results in a broken link.

I think this probably has something to do with UTF8 encoding, but this is something I really know nothing about, can anybody make any suggestions as to how I could go about trying to fix this?

Thanks - Paul

Same problem... anyone have any idea?

In both admin/edit_orders.php and admin/edit_orders_ajax.php, find and comment out:

//code for plain text emails which changes the € sign to EUR, otherwise the email will show ? instead of €
    $email_order = str_replace("€","EUR",$email_order);

Malcolm

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much, John. Yes, I am using RC2a.

I don't think the thread you mentioned is related to my issue, although I might be wrong.

To clarify, my issue, as reported by multiple other members on this thread for the past few years, is this:

When there are products with attributes in the order, the total weight calculation calculates only 1 listed attribute line and skips the rest, for example:

Product-1

5pc x size 3

3pc x size 6

9pc x size 7

Product-2 (no attributes) x 10pc

Product-3 (no attributes) x 8pc

Product-4

5pc x size 7

12pc x size 9

Product-5 (no attributes) x 11pc

In this case, it will calculate the total weight of Products 2,3 & 5 just fine, as they have no attribute.

But, for products 1 and 4 it calculates only 1 from the list, so for product-1 it may calculate its weight as

either Product-1 x 5pc

or

Product-1 x 3pc

or

Product-1 x 9pc

Ignoring the rest of the attribute lines.

Same goes for product-4. It will calculate its weight as

either Product-4 x 5pc

or

Product-4 x 12pc

Weight calculations work just fine on the catalog side, the only problem is in the order editor. Any solution? (I'm really desperate...)

Having the same issue

Did anyone resolve this ?

Thank's for the community helps

Hi, got it !!
The problem is in admin/order_editor/cart.php
It calcutates the qty and the weight with the product_id but if you have attributes, the product_id is the same for two lines !!!

in your example
Product-1
5pc x size 3
3pc x size 6
9pc x size 7

The query gives 5pc, 5pc, and again 5pc instead of 5, 3 and 9 !!

You have to calculate the weight with a query based on the orders_products_id (one line per products (with different attributes) in the order)

What I have done (but I'm sure there is a better (cleaner) way to do it is :

replace

reset($this->contents);
      while (list($products_id, ) = each($this->contents)) {
        $qty = $this->contents[$products_id]['qty'];

with
reset($this->contents);

$list_orders_products_id_query = tep_db_query("select orders_products_id from " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " WHERE orders_id = '" . $_GET['oID'] . "'");
 while($list_order_products_id=tep_db_fetch_array($list_orders_products_id_query)) {
 $qty_query_sql="SELECT products_id, products_quantity, products_weight FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " WHERE orders_id = '" . $_GET['oID'] . "' AND orders_products_id = '" . $list_order_products_id['orders_products_id'] . "'";
 $qty_query = tep_db_query($qty_query_sql);
 $qty_info = tep_db_fetch_array($qty_query);

$weight_total += ($qty_info['products_quantity'] * $qty_info['products_weight']);
 }
 while (list($products_id, ) = each($this->contents)) {    

and 

replace

$this->total += tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $qty;
 this->weight += ($qty * $products_weight);
        }

with

$this->total += tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $qty;
          // $this->weight += ($qty * $products_weight);

}

$this->weight = $weight_total;

I also find out that (in my version) the ADD PRODUCT feature doesn't send the weight.... i'm on it !

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

Can't install module order_editor_for2.3_v1.3 on oscommerce_2.3.4_bootstrap.

Got error, when chose EDIT order: Fatal error: Call to a member function register() on a non-object in //////admin/edit_orders.php on line 29

Can any body comment it?

@@ArtcoInc

Hi Malcolm

Hoping you might have a solution to this..

Have just installed this addon. Looks good.

Just 1 thing. I have it installed on our live site and a test site.

The live site is secured thru a secure server, the test site isn't.

What Ive noticed is that if I update (using this addon)  thru the test site, the update email has a clickable link, however if I update thru our live site (thru secure server) the link in the update email isn't clickable, due to the https.

Is there any way I can make this link so it is clickable.

Detailed Invoice: http://www.grandpas.co.nz/BS234T/account_history_info.php?order_id=XXXXX
Detailed Invoice: https://skyhawk.mysecure.co.nz/~grandp/account_history_info.php?order_id=XXXX

Hope this makes some sense.

Would appreciate any comments

Kind regards

Grandpa

(BS234)

Edited by grandpaj

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I have installed this addon on oscommerce 2.3.4

It works great;

But I am not able to add a custom field when I edit a order;

Also when I edit the Order Totals- they do not recalculate with the Discount value field after the Sub Totals.

Help would be deeply appreciated....

Thanks in advance....

• 2 months later...

I have just done a fresh install and everything seems to be working except for Canada Posts Shipping quotes.  Other shipping modules show except for Canada Post.  Can anyone lead me in the right direction, I feel like my head might just pop off soon!

Can anyone help? We are still stuck!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

This is the thread mentioned on my order_editor.php page, but I cannot get mine to take discount coupons into account (or any discounts at all). I can get an amount such as -44.00 to show - but the total price doesnt reflect the discounted price. Am I doing something wrong?

I´ve used the order editor for a while for one of my customers.. There are a bunch of bugs in there, that would be nice if they where corrected:

Scenario: In Sweden we use Postförskott (COD) and invoicing (Epay, Klarna). Both of these have additional fees added to them. These fees are subject to VAT. COD is only applicable when using mail as shipping alternative, and is entered as payment option.

I´ve found the following bugs (in no specific order)

1. Changing payment method only update TABLE_ORDER, not TABLE_ORDER_TOTALS. Thereby swithing from e.g COD to invoice, will not show the correct order_total. Neither will it change the item in order_total. Reload_totals is never triggerd anywhere...
As showin in edit_order_ajax.php:

if ($action == 'update_order_field') {
	 tep_db_query("UPDATE " . TABLE_ORDERS . " SET " . $_GET['field'] . " = '" . oe_iconv($_GET['new_value']) . "' WHERE orders_id = '" . $_GET['oID'] . "'");

//generate responseText
	  echo $_GET['field'];
   } 

2. Adding a product will not update order_total to include fees for additional ot_* modules. Order_total is only updated when deleting a product.

3. Using e.g. COD, order editor will not include the COD nor the VAT in the total vat. Fixing it was to add a "dirty" hack in order_total_ajax.php around line 350:

if ($total_details['class'] == 'ot_fixed_payment_chg') {
                $pfavgift = $total_details['value'];
                if ($order_totals[$i]['code'] == 'ot_total'){
                  $order->info['total'] += ($pfavgift);

}
                }	

Anyone that knows how to fix this properly?

Cheers,

//Peter

Edited by Larbarn

One of my really old websites has an order editor that looks put together by the same people.. and if you minus an amount when editing the order there it works, it seems weird an older version would work better than the latest version.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to update my server since on of my sites was getting hacked pretty regularly (not an osc site). Now the order editor is giving me problems. It seems to be ending the page right after the address information. The payment method column titles are there but nothing after it. I'm not getting any errors in my log so I'm not quite sure of the actual problem. 

Here is the part that starts with the payment information: 

'payment_method' => tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_payment_method'])),
    'currency' => tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_payment_currency'])),
    'currency_value' => tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($currency_value['value'])),
    'cc_type' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_type']),
    'cc_owner' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_owner']),
	'cc_number' => tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_number'])),
    'cc_expires' => tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_expires']),
    'last_modified' => 'now()');

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS, $sql_data_array, 'update', 'orders_id = \'' . tep_db_input($oID) . '\'');
        $order_updated = true;

Any ideas on what I need to change here to get the rest of the page to load?

I have this same issue. Were you able to fix it? Do you remember how you did it?

I have a problem with this add on. I have used it for the past 2 years with no problems. Then one day it quit working, not completely but most of it. I can click on the edit and it carries me to the next screen. The only thing I can see is customer, shipping address and billing address blocks. They are populated with the customer info, but there is nothing under that. There product info, or no way to change anything.

I re-installed the version 5.07 that I was using and still no better.

Please help.

I finally figured it out! I turned on the error reporting in the application top. I had the old googlecheckout payment option. I had deleted the google checkout file which threw an error when it was trying to find it as a payment method. 

• 1 month later...

I'm in the process of adding a Dashboard module to monitor the results of my coupon efforts.  In working on that I realized that coupons were being handled in different ways....they seem to be recorded correctly when entered online (ie when a customers uses a coupon code) but in the backend...when taking an order over the phone or in store we use Order Editor and we are basically adding a nominal product (called DISCOUNT) to subtract the coupon amount from the order.  That works but in order to develop a Dashboard module I need to have the coupons handled in a consistent way. That lead me to investigating whether anyone had modified Order Editor to handle coupon codes and I couldn't but notice that the Order Editor add-on says...

PLUS! The ability to add products to an existing order, reliably update order totals, insert coupons & discounts & extra fees, update tax on individual products, edit product information on individual orders, update product quantities, product prices, and more!

Seeing that I'm wondering if there is some thing amiss with our install of Order Editor but before I delve into that I thought I would ask if anyone is using Order Editor with Coupons and are able to enter coupons without having to fudge the order like we have been doing.... I see that Sam @@Sam-AUST in a post above seems to say that Discounts coupons aren't working properly in Order Editor either.

Could someone please let me know whether Order Editor does actually handle Discount Coupons correctly. As I said maybe our install is a bit messed up.

Dan

@@Dan Cole

I gave up on using order editor to create orders a long time ago, and now just create new accounts through the front end for new customers, and use a master password to create orders for existing customers. We also have an addon we use that tells us whether the order was entered by a customer or by staff.

We still use the Order Editor to actually edit orders though :)

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

I'm in the process of adding a Dashboard module to monitor the results of my coupon efforts.  In working on that I realized that coupons were being handled in different ways....they seem to be recorded correctly when entered online (ie when a customers uses a coupon code) but in the backend...when taking an order over the phone or in store we use Order Editor and we are basically adding a nominal product (called DISCOUNT) to subtract the coupon amount from the order.  That works but in order to develop a Dashboard module I need to have the coupons handled in a consistent way. That lead me to investigating whether anyone had modified Order Editor to handle coupon codes and I couldn't but notice that the Order Editor add-on says...

Seeing that I'm wondering if there is some thing amiss with our install of Order Editor but before I delve into that I thought I would ask if anyone is using Order Editor with Coupons and are able to enter coupons without having to fudge the order like we have been doing.... I see that Sam @@Sam-AUST in a post above seems to say that Discounts coupons aren't working properly in Order Editor either.

Could someone please let me know whether Order Editor does actually handle Discount Coupons correctly. As I said maybe our install is a bit messed up.

Dan

Hi Dan, when you edit an order that has a coupon, I've never found any way to actually get it to calculate correctly, it doesn't minus the discounted amount off the order.

@@Dan Cole

I gave up on using order editor to create orders a long time ago, and now just create new accounts through the front end for new customers, and use a master password to create orders for existing customers. We also have an addon we use that tells us whether the order was entered by a customer or by staff.

We still use the Order Editor to actually edit orders though :)

@@frankl Hi Frank,

We still use it for both adding orders and editing them....with the drop down lists it proved to be rather slow when searching for a customer to create a new order but we solved that by finding the customer first in the usual OSC manner and then creating the order with a known customer id.   Can I assume that is the problem you were having and the reason for creating the order via the front end?

Dan

PLUS! The ability to add products to an existing order, reliably update order totals, insert coupons & discounts & extra fees, update tax on individual products, edit product information on individual orders, update product quantities, product prices, and more!

I think I figured out what this means.   You can add an order total item ie a coupon or whatever.  Duh!!  That would work but unfortunately it doesn't seem to take the tax into consideration.  Seems that is the reason we haven't been using it to add Discount Coupons.   Before I crawl under the hood, has anyone sorted that out?  It seems to be a long standing problem.

Dan

Hi Dan, when you edit an order that has a coupon, I've never found any way to actually get it to calculate correctly, it doesn't minus the discounted amount off the order.

Sam....what happens if you delete the coupon and then add it back again (subtract it actually) as an additional order total line item.  When I do that it adjusts the total to recognize the coupon but ignores the related tax.

Dan

@@Dan Cole

The Order Editor is just plain clunky (and you can't enter discounts, or charge credit cards!) whereas our front end is beautifully crafted and functional. Kind of a no brainer for us :)

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

The order editor is an obsolete addon but unfortunately the only order editor out there.

I would say use the order editor for simple things, like adding removing products or fixing billing and shipping addresses.

And for the rest like discounts or vouchers or points or whatever doesn't work use a dummy account with master password and place the order for the customer.