• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I have Installed this contribution sucsessfully;

UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods for specific categories of products for osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2

Modified contribution by: Alexander Dimelow

Based on the Original “UK Royal Mail & Overseas Shipping Methods 21st Aug Prices” contribution:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4473

everything seems to work OK .. but when i need to Edit an Order this error occours

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_categories_name() in /public_html/osctestshop/includes/modules/shipping/parcelforce48.php on line 89

i have Order Editor also installed Mod 1435

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1435

i would gues that the problem is in the edit_orders.php and not in the parcelforce48.php

any chance of a little help ?

First I want to say this is a great contrib paired with order editor.

Today I have discovered a shortcoming.

When using order editor/manual order maker, if you are starting a customer off from scratch, it does not create a customer account which is quite a pitfall.

Weeee, having created/edited a number of orders already, this is ...shall we say....irritating.

A customer called today and wanted to place another order, and a search for his account ensued - result - no account!

So no associated order(s).

If you plan to enter/edit orders, I highly recommend that you add Admin Create Account 1.0 contrib.

As long as you create a customer account as the first step, there will be an ongoing orders record.

Corey

I used an earlier version of the Order Editor contribution and it worked fine. I just set up another store with MS2 and installed what appeared to be the latest version

order_editor_5_0_6 and the install went ok, but whenever I try to edit an order and click the edit button, I get an internal error from the program

when it accesses: /catalog/admin/edit_orders.php?oID=8 (or any other ID=order#

I get the following message:

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

The website cannot display the page

HTTP 500

Most likely causes:

•The website is under maintenance.

•The website has a programming error.

What you can try:

Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

Please note, my php is version 5.2.6

Any help would be appreciated, I just can't see what is causing this error.

Edited by lordofcb

Well, I got the order editor to work, edited some orders, seemed to work ok. But then, I went back to my catalog to add some new products in and I see that everything has changed on the product page. I can only see/edit about half the page. The same is true if I edit existing items. The item edit opens up and only shows half the page of information for the item. Of course I had to uninstall order editor then, cant go without products. Any idea what may cause such a problem?

I do have the header tags seo installed, which does add some extra input fields for tags and such onto the product entry page.

If you ever wanted to update any part of an order's information, add new products to an order, insert new information like coupons, change taxes on a specific product, and so on, here's the tool. I truly hope this makes life easier for some of you.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1435

- Jonathan

Hi there,

Great Contributuion.

I've just installed the full vers 5.066.

Now, any price adjustments I make to a product, and also postage costs are in their respective sub-total boxes, but the Final Total won't alter. I am fairly new at this, but would anyone have an idea where I have gone wrong?

Thanks,

pete.

Hi there,

Great Contributuion.

Now, any price adjustments I make to a product, and also postage costs are in their respective sub-total boxes, but the Final Total won't alter. I am fairly new at this, but would anyone have an idea where I have gone wrong?

Thanks,

pete.

or be able to point me in the right direction...

Hi there,

Great Contributuion.

Thanks,

pete.

So I know that there are others that asked this before but I am still struggling to find a solution to the discount/tax/total calculations.

These are some serious flaws to this contribution and I would like to see if anyone had luck fixing these problems.

I AM WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE IF THEY CAN FIND A SOLUTION. DJmonkey, or anyone else, I will give you a generous donation if you can help me.

1. When you enter a discount amount, and click update, the tax does not calculate correctly.

Example:

(If tax rate is 5.6%)

Sub-total: 100.00

discount: - 10.00

Tax: 5.60 (THis should be 5.04)

Total: 95.60

So it is calculating the tax on the subtotal and not including the discount.

2. I use discount coupons contribution. If the customer creates an order and uses a coupon, it works just fine but if you update the order, it completely ignores the discount amount.

Examples:

(This is how it looks before you click update, completely correct!)

Sub-Total: 100.00

Discount coupon: -10.00

Tax: 5.04

Total: 95.04

(THis is what happens after you click update)

Discount Coupon: -10.00

Tax: 5.60

Total: 105.60

I have read just about every post and there are some fixes that people found. Unfortunatly, I am using the latest build of order editor and every fix that I found does not apply to the current build. The code seems to be completely different and I cannot adapt it to work correctly.

I think these problems are both related to each other so hopefully there is an easy way to get them both to work correctly.

I am using step by step manual order also. I did notice something wierd that order editor is doing. Maybe it is related to the problem. When the step by step manual order creates a new order, it automatically adds a "Discount" line item called "OT_discount" in the orders_total Table in MYSQL. If you edit the order at all, it actually changes this field to OT_custom_1 for some reason.

So any help that you can offer will be appreciated and generously rewarded. Thanks in advance!

I upgraded this mod to the last full version. It seems to work but when I edited a customers order it completely deleted the order with the paypal confirmation! I also seem to have triple fields for subtotal, discount, delivery and total. Also there is no option for paypal.

Any ideas?

I have installed the Order Editor 5.06 for my MS2 shop, and it edits the orders fine, but now I have a big problem which I have been going nuts trying to figure out what happened and where.

Since installing the order editor, nobody can enter new orders. I have a test id, and tested it several times myself and everything goes fine until I reach the order:

First, I add an item, it goes to shopping cart ok, then I checkout..

It goes to checkout_shipping, next goes to checkout_payment, then finally to checkout_confirmation, all information appears fine, yet as soon as I hit confirm order

it goes to an HP500 fail error page saying unable to open the checkout_process.php page, the browser address is all correct with correct Oscid and the page is there. Any idea why it would fail on this page? As I remember, during installation all that was changed was the single line added under 'payment_method' => $order->info['payment_method'],

in that file.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Well I fixed the first issue by shutting off the ajax. Now when I edit an order by adding a new product to it, it updates on the edit page but does not update the main order page! The total is updated but the osc standard order review page, admin/orders.php, does not list the part number or description. I also now have two edit buttons one that re-directs to orders.php and another that re-directs to edit_orders.php.

Is there any support for this mod?

So I know that there are others that asked this before but I am still struggling to find a solution to the discount/tax/total calculations.

1. When you enter a discount amount, and click update, the tax does not calculate correctly.

Example:

(If tax rate is 5.6%)

same problem here without the discount coupons addon

also on update it makes the second input (the one that says "tax") blank

Thank you for your constribution

Edited by osthinker

• 2 weeks later...

please help...

I need to add one more button in the order editor that can be use to send an email to my staff about the order detail. This button will send all the order detail to my staff to follow up the packaging and shipmet.

it will nice to see someone help me with this.... ;)

thanks

These are some serious flaws to this contribution and I would like to see if anyone had luck fixing these problems.

I AM WILLING TO PAY SOMEONE IF THEY CAN FIND A SOLUTION. DJmonkey, or anyone else, I will give you a generous donation if you can help me.

Example:

(If tax rate is 5.6%)

2. I use discount coupons contribution. If the customer creates an order and uses a coupon, it works just fine but if you update the order, it completely ignores the discount amount.

Examples:

(This is how it looks before you click update, completely correct!)

Discount coupon: -10.00

Tax: 5.04

Total: 95.04

(THis is what happens after you click update)

Discount Coupon: -10.00

Tax: 5.60

Total: 105.60

I have read just about every post and there are some fixes that people found. Unfortunatly, I am using the latest build of order editor and every fix that I found does not apply to the current build. The code seems to be completely different and I cannot adapt it to work correctly.

I think these problems are both related to each other so hopefully there is an easy way to get them both to work correctly.

I am using step by step manual order also. I did notice something wierd that order editor is doing. Maybe it is related to the problem. When the step by step manual order creates a new order, it automatically adds a "Discount" line item called "OT_discount" in the orders_total Table in MYSQL. If you edit the order at all, it actually changes this field to OT_custom_1 for some reason.

So any help that you can offer will be appreciated and generously rewarded. Thanks in advance!

I am having the same problem and really need a solution to this. Anyone have any ideas? I am willing to make a contribution as well! If I can't find a fix, I'll have to uninstall this which would be a bummer. :(

Edited by mom2twins

Okay well I came up with a fix for the discount coupon problem.

When I downloaded and installed Order Editor, I also downloaded and installed "Proper QT Pro add-on for Order Editor V2" that was also listed on the Order Editor add on page.

Proper QT Pro add-on for Order Editor is what is causing the coupon codes to not be applied after you edit an order. To fix this, I simply got rid of Proper QT Pro add-on for Order Editor by re-uploading the new files that originally came with Order Editor, thus overwriting the files that were modified with Proper QT Pro add-on for Order Editor.

Without the Proper QT Pro add on, I am not able to have an extremely accurate stock amount, but that is not something that is as important to me as being able to have the coupon codes and the correct order totals when using Order Editor. So, you win some you lose some. Hopefully this will work for others who were having this same problem! :)

I installed Order Editor 5.0.61 and have a problem with an error.

When I try to edit an order, this error comes up: Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_round_up() in /home/********/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 162. I am using USPS Methods 4.3.1, where line 162: $shipping_ounces = tep_round_up((16 * ($shipping_weight - floor($shipping_weight))), 2);, has something to do with rounding up weight since USPS doesn't allow zero weight. The orders I tried to edit have zero weight and 4.4 ounces of weight with same error.

Any ideas? Someone must have had this issue before. I can't check the funtionality further until I can get past this error. Thanks!

I just installed this and came up with the error below when I click the edit button in an order.

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method shipping::get_shiptotal() in /store/includes/modules/shipping/indvship.php on line 53"

Any help?

Line 53 in indvship.php reads as $shiptotal = $shipping_modules->get_shiptotal();

Edited by Stealth1

I installed Order Editor 5.0.61 and have a problem with an error.

When I try to edit an order, this error comes up: Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_round_up() in /home/********/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 162. I am using USPS Methods 4.3.1, where line 162: $shipping_ounces = tep_round_up((16 * ($shipping_weight - floor($shipping_weight))), 2);, has something to do with rounding up weight since USPS doesn't allow zero weight. The orders I tried to edit have zero weight and 4.4 ounces of weight with same error.

Any ideas? Someone must have had this issue before. I can't check the funtionality further until I can get past this error. Thanks!

It's been a week and no response :( I had to remove this add-on. Is anyone really getting this add-on to work? I had an unresolvable error as soon as I tried to edit an order, call to an undefined function tep_round_up() on line 162 of the USPS Methods 4.3.1 add on module, usps.php. I haven't had an issue with USPS Methods before. No one has ideas??? Being able to edit orders is rather important and I would sure have liked to have this thing running. Has the tax issues been resolved? I read a lot of issues with people having troubles with adding correct tax.

It's been a week and no response :( I had to remove this add-on. Is anyone really getting this add-on to work? I had an unresolvable error as soon as I tried to edit an order, call to an undefined function tep_round_up() on line 162 of the USPS Methods 4.3.1 add on module, usps.php. I haven't had an issue with USPS Methods before. No one has ideas??? Being able to edit orders is rather important and I would sure have liked to have this thing running. Has the tax issues been resolved? I read a lot of issues with people having troubles with adding correct tax.

Ha ha, I took the long way around the barn and figured this out. It works perfect now. I googled "tep_round_up" and found a solution buried in the forums here. Anyone with USPS Methods V4.3.1 will need to add this to their catalog/admin/includes/funtions/general.php file: (I put it around where USPS Methods are located.)

////

// Round up function for non whole numbers by GREG DEETH

// The value for the precision variable determines how many digits after the decimal and rounds the last digit up to the next value

// Precision = 0 -> xx.xxxx = x+

// Precision = 1 -> xx.xxxx = xx.+

// Precision = 2 -> xx.xxxx = xx.x+

function tep_round_up($number, $precision) {

$number_whole = '';

$num_left_dec = 0;

$num_right_dec = 0;

$num_digits = strlen($number);

$number_out = '';

$i = 0;

while ($i + 1 <= strlen($number))

{

$current_digit = substr($number, $i, ($i + 1) - $num_digits);

if ($current_digit == '.') {

$i = $num_digits + 1;

$num_left_dec = strlen($number_whole);

$num_right_dec = ($num_left_dec + 1) - $num_digits;

} else {

$number_whole = $number_whole . $current_digit;

$i = $i + 1;

}

}

if ($num_digits > 3 && $precision < ($num_digits - $num_left_dec - 1) && $precision >= 0) {

$i = $precision;

$addable = 1;

while ($i > 0) {

$addable = $addable * .1;

$i = $i - 1;

}

$number_out = substr($number, 0, $num_right_dec + $precision) + $addable;

} else {

$number_out = $number;

}

return $number_out;

}

Hi... I hae setup the order editing adon and seems to work great... exactly what i needed! I do have one problem... i cant seem to figure out how to take payment! I do not have a live store, only testing so maybe ive not setup something elseware... I think, while creating an order, i should be able to enter the Credit Card and process it...but am missing something!

Thanks in advance for help!

Hi... I hae setup the order editing adon and seems to work great... exactly what i needed! I do have one problem... i cant seem to figure out how to take payment! I do not have a live store, only testing so maybe ive not setup something elseware... I think, while creating an order, i should be able to enter the Credit Card and process it...but am missing something!

Thanks in advance for help!

So after much trial and error it turned out to be simple.. i installed another payment method, assigned it as the methon to show the CC fields, then changed the se setting back to Credit Card (Not for production use)....

The only question i have is, once a live payment module is installed, and i enter the credit card numbers, how do i actually process the card? (what button do i need to push sorta thing)

Thanks!

Hello

please advice where to look for correction of calculation

problem is in admin/orders.php only, catalog side is right

it displays for example:

tax 18%

excl tax 23.00EUR

incl tax 27.14EUR

total excl 23.00EUR

total incl 27.14EUR

actual price excl tax is 27,73

actual price incl tax is 28

should be:

tax 18%

excl tax 23.73EUR

incl tax 28.00EUR

total excl 23.73EUR

total incl 28.00EUR

I suggest wrong calculation formulas are

28 - (28 x 0.18) = 23

23 x 1,18 = 27,14

Have you tried to add the same product twice? It won't add the weight of the 2 lines

For example. Product Model 001, lets say it weights 1kilo.

50 x mod 001 = 50kilos

49 x mod 001 = 49

Total = 99 kilos and 99 units

Well, the system will only consider the last line, and it would come up with a:

Total= 49 kilos and 49 units.

Be careful with this. Have anyone fixed this?

Thanks

Okay well I came up with a fix for the discount coupon problem.

When I downloaded and installed Order Editor, I also downloaded and installed "Proper QT Pro add-on for Order Editor V2" that was also listed on the Order Editor add on page.

Proper QT Pro add-on for Order Editor is what is causing the coupon codes to not be applied after you edit an order. To fix this, I simply got rid of Proper QT Pro add-on for Order Editor by re-uploading the new files that originally came with Order Editor, thus overwriting the files that were modified with Proper QT Pro add-on for Order Editor.

Without the Proper QT Pro add on, I am not able to have an extremely accurate stock amount, but that is not something that is as important to me as being able to have the coupon codes and the correct order totals when using Order Editor. So, you win some you lose some. Hopefully this will work for others who were having this same problem! :)

Need to correct my post because I inistigated issue and have more details. Hope someone can help with

I found what php script inserts in DB table order_products - final_price field values rounded to .00 (ie 15,25 to 15.00, 23,72 to 23.00)

This is a point where all miscalculations begin

Future investigation led me to includes/classes/shoping_cart.php where

'final_price' => ($products_price + $this->attributes_price($products_id)),

Why this formula rounds "final price"?

Sure "products_price" is correct in DB so where to look next?

Hello

please advice where to look for correction of calculation

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Hello,

I just installed Order Editor order_editor_5_0_7 and qtpro4.6.1 and found a small bug. So everything works fine... I place an order in the shop, fine clothing in vaious colors an sizes. Then I open order editor, deleting products, edit qty., add new products,... the Stock for all colors and sizes is perfectly updated. So here comes the bug: Now I open orders.php and delete the whole order. Now the stock from the new products I added with order editor is not updated.

Anyone had the same ploblem or a solution for that?

life long and knusper! Thank you!

life long and knusper

Hello Hello,

I just installed Order Editor order_editor_5_0_7 and qtpro4.6.1 and found a small bug. So everything works fine... I place an order in the shop, fine clothing in vaious colors an sizes. Then I open order editor, deleting products, edit qty., add new products,... the Stock for all colors and sizes is perfectly updated. So here comes the bug: Now I open orders.php and delete the whole order. Now the stock from the new products I added with order editor is not updated.

Anyone had the same ploblem or a solution for that?

life long and knusper! Thank you!

can you confirm that it is ONLY the products added with the Order editor?

If you delete an order that was never edited, it works fine?