• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

For anyone else getting the Administrator Login prompt when trying to make changes

to customers orders - I have found that if I do login again the update if performed correctly!

Also when I switched off the use ajax functionality (admin - Configuration - Order Editor -

set 'Allow the use of AJAX to update order information?' to false)

it works OK.

Hope this is of some help to someone.....

I was getting a blank page and and an error using free shipping by categories module.

if you get this error in your web logs...

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_categories_name() in /patph/to/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/freecats.php on line 74

add to admin/includes/functions/general.php

function tep_get_categories_name($cID, $language = ''){

global $languages_id;

if (!tep_not_null($language))

$language = $languages_id;

$cname = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query('select categories_name from '.TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION.' where categories_id="'.$cID.'" and language_id="'.$language.'"'));

return $cname['categories_name'];

}

I found the fix on an OSC netherlands forum.

http://forums.oscommerce.nl/index.php?showtopic=17881

Thank you for this! I'm glad I searched the forums before trying to figure it out myself!!!

ot_tax missing after using order_editor 5.0.6_6 to edit an order :(

Hi. I wanted to use order_editor to edit my orders - as the normal OSC order editor can't handle shipping without a VAT charge.

I edited an order - but now the ot_tax entry in the orders_total table is missing for that order :(

I tried searching this thread for notes on this, but I can't figure out how to see which (of the 29 pages - with many posts on each) actually mentions ot_tax.. Anyone know how to see the posts in this thread, that mentions ot_tax ?

Any help is appreciated - I am a programmer - I'm just not experienced with the order_editor code.. I was hoping someone could give me a pointer.

I'll glady insert trigger_error("whatever info you want",E_USER_WARNING); lines in the code to pull out data that could help.

Every time I click edit on an order I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_round_up() in *************/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 162

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Every time I click edit on an order I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_round_up() in *************/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 162

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fixed.......

Apparently USPS Methods 4.3.0 added a round up feature that caused the error.

I installed version 4.2.1 and the error is gone.

To make it more clear, when I add a product in the order editor the price defaults to retail regardless of the customer group. Is there a way to reflect the special pricing in this dropdown? It's important to mention that although the incorrect price shows in the dropdown when I add the product the correct price for the customer group is calculated in the order.

Thanks again.

Anyone have a solution to this please?

When I click on the edit button for the configuration option: "Select your credit card payment method" I get the following error 'dumped inline' above the list and I cannot edit the payment method as the rest of the page is subsequently broken.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_pull_down_payment_methods() in /home/springs/public_html/store/catalog/admin/configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm upgrading to Order Editor 5.061 from 2.9.1. I used Admin Comments Toolbar 4.0 extensively, anmd dread having to manually type each repetitive comment over and over again. Now, with the ability to edit the comments in 5.061, Admin Comments Too;lbar ptts its remarks into the first comments field. Naturally I want it to add it only to the New Comments textarea.

I know its simply a matter vof identifying the appropriate field, but I have zip knowledge on dcument elements. Admin Toolbar seems fairly popular, and I'm sure the issue has been solved. But, I can't seem to find the specifics. Any help here? Martin

I'm upgrading to Order Editor 5.061 from 2.9.1. I used Admin Comments Toolbar 4.0 extensively, and dread having to manually type each repetitive comment over and over again. Now, with the ability to edit the comments in 5.061, Admin Comments Toolbar puts its remarks into the first comments field. Naturally I want it to add it only to the New Comments textarea.

I know its simply a matter vof identifying the appropriate field, but I have zip knowledge on dcument elements. Admin Toolbar seems fairly popular, and I'm sure the issue has been solved. But, I can't seem to find the specifics. Any help here?

All Right, I'm thinking out loud. How do I designate the last element in the textareas array? If you change

var myTextarea = textareas.item(0);

you can designate the textarea where the comment will be placed:

var myTextarea = textareas.item(5);

will put it in the last textarea (if you have 3 comments 0, 1, 2, 3).

So, how do I designate the last element number?

TIA

Martin

When I click on the edit button for the configuration option: "Select your credit card payment method" I get the following error 'dumped inline' above the list and I cannot edit the payment method as the rest of the page is subsequently broken.

I pretty much have the same problem. When I try to edit that area in Admin > Config > Order Edit > Select..., the place where you should be making the change disappears and the page is broken. I receive no errors though.

I checked every file to make sure there were no spaces after the final ?> and found none, but I'm sure the problem a missing character, or something simple (I hope, anyway).

Can anyone help?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I have installed this and its all working fine.

How do you use it though ?

I wanted this to adjust Shipping costs before a customer goes through checkout. But you cannot edit the customers order until they have been through checkout, once through checkout there is no point. :blink:

I have payments through Protx and Paypal. Am I missing something here please.

In my test account, I can go through checkout, select PayPal. And get directed to the paypal site. Once there I click "Return to Store"

I can then edit that order and add the extra postage. BUT when I go back through checkout again it defaults the postage to the table rates.

Is this how this great addon is supposed to work or have I configured it wrong.

Thanks. :blush:

If I change the price of a product in edit_orders.php I get:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/httpdocs/admin/edit_orders_ajax.php on line 218

This is on line 218:

if (tep_not_null($shipping['id'])) {

Anyone?

Hello,

I've installed Order Editor (5_0_6_6) and now my 'orders' list is blank. Nothing shows at all except the heading 'Orders'.

Any suggestions as to what might be happening - or how to pin down whats going on?

Using OsCommerce ver 2.2.

Thanks in advance.

PS - I have run the installation numerous times (ie restored my admin to pre-order editor backup then re-installed several times).

Fixed.......

Apparently USPS Methods 4.3.0 added a round up feature that caused the error.

I installed version 4.2.1 and the error is gone.

I've got the exact same error. I'm glad I found your post! I hope I can fix this quickly just as you did.

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok i just installed USPS 4.2.1 and now I can edit orders.

WOW!

This contribution really kicks ass!

I'm having some trouble using this, when adding products to an order I get 0 products.

We do not use categories on the store so that might have something to do with it, although it has an option for All Categories/All Products.

What I tried is to search and by entering the letter 'a' I get all the products to come up in Step 2, then I can select.

I really think this is a fabulous contribution and I'm glad I installed it!

Cheers~

Anyone with QTpro & Order Editing working together & willing to share their changes or files? I'm trying to sort it out myself but it seems silly to reinvent the wheel!

Hello all!

(This is my first post - please be kind)

I have 5.0.6.6 installed and everything looks good except when I click the button to send out an e-mail with the changes, I get a green bar to say its gone but nothing goes out.

I look in the maillog (tail -f) as I click the button and nothing is being processed.

When I send a mail from the tools menu it goes out (can see it in maillog) and the mail arrives.

Any suggestions where to look please?

-Flynn-

Hi.

I recently stumbled on this contribution to OSC and it looked like it would help a great deal!

However, when i click on the "edit" button in orders.php, i get an empty page. This page has the address: http://www.mywebsite.com/catalog/admin/edi...rs.php?oID=nnnn (where nnnn is the order number).

The source for the page (right click and show source code) is

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

This is installed on a shared server and i don't have access to the PHP logs (unless i'm too noob to find them!) The site works fine apart from this issue and has been modified a little.

Any help in getting this working would be most appreciated!!

Cheers

Dan

Hi,

ive installed this contrib on a couple of sites but only just realised it wasnt quite working fully. There appears to be a bug in the javascript function oe_js_zone_list found in order_editor/functions.php

I have been looking at latst versions and will start backtracking to older versions of this. The comments in the file say:

//originally written by Josh Dechant for the MOECTOE suite

///tweaked by djmonkey1 for Order Editor 2.7 and up

essentially what is happening is the function seems to be printing out an extra } else } at the end of the function and tis means most of the rest of the javascript functions in that file are not correctly declared. IE and firefox both give out javascript errors but firefox is only helpful one. Ive tried with Ajax on and off and get same error.

The syntax error causes loads of other errors javascript errors, such that setCustomOTVisibility isnt then defined and so i cannot do anything like add a discount field to an order etc.

The function declaration is:

///originally written by Josh Dechant for the MOECTOE suite
 ///tweaked by djmonkey1 for Order Editor 2.7 and up   
 function oe_js_zone_list($country, $form, $field, $id, $id2) {
   $countries_query = tep_db_query("select distinct zone_country_id from " . TABLE_ZONES . " order by zone_country_id");
   $num_country = 1;
   $output_string = '';
   while ($countries = tep_db_fetch_array($countries_query)) {
     if ($num_country == 1) {
       $output_string .= '  if (' . $country . ' == "' . $countries['zone_country_id'] . '") {' . "\n";
     } else {
       $output_string .= '  } else if (' . $country . ' == "' . $countries['zone_country_id'] . '") {' . "\n";
     }

$states_query = tep_db_query("select zone_name, zone_id from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = '" . $countries['zone_country_id'] . "' order by zone_name");

$num_state = 1;
     while ($states = tep_db_fetch_array($states_query)) {
       if ($num_state == '1') $output_string .= '    ' . $form . '[' . $field . '].options[0] = new Option("' . PLEASE_SELECT . '", "");' . "\n";
       $output_string .= '    ' . $form . '[' . $field . '].options[' . $num_state . '] = new Option("' . $states['zone_name'] . '", "' . $states['zone_id'] . '");' . "\n";
       $num_state++;
     }
     $output_string .= '    setStateVisibility(' . $id . ', "hidden", ' . $id2 . ');' . "\n";
     $num_country++;
   }
   $output_string .= '  } else {' . "\n" .
                     '    ' . $form . '[' . $field . '].options[0] = new Option("' . ENTRY_TYPE_BELOW . '", "");' . "\n" .
                     '    setStateVisibility(' . $id . ', "visible", ' . $id2 . ');' . "\n" . 
                     '  }' . "\n";

return $output_string;
 }

the problem seems to be this bit:

$output_string .= '  } else {' . "\n" .
                     '    ' . $form . '[' . $field . '].options[0] = new Option("' . ENTRY_TYPE_BELOW . '", "");' . "\n" .
                     '    setStateVisibility(' . $id . ', "visible", ' . $id2 . ');' . "\n" . 
                     '  }' . "\n";

the code doesnt work if num_state doesnt have a value .

This is a UK site I have it installed on, and we dont use states ! we dont have zones either because we have one sales tax for the country, same as in rest of Europe.

I should be able to fix this up now that ive had to write it up in this format i realise what is causing the problem..! But if anyone can do a quick workaround that would be great. Thanks

mark

Regards

Mark Brindle

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_pull_down_payment_methods() in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\configuration.php(125) : eval()'d code on line 1

I saw that more people are having this same problem does anyone know how to fix this error ?

It shows in admin (CMS), configuration, order editor when pressing the Edit button to try and change the Credit Card payment used.

This is the code showing catalog\admin\configuration.php on line 125

eval('$value_field = ' . $cInfo->set_function . '"' . htmlspecialchars($cInfo->configuration_value) . '");');

Edited by Mr.JTX

id look for where this is defined tep_cfg_pull_down_payment_methods() itself rather then the error message.

possibly similar problem to me in that some of the javascript isnt getting to the computer due to the code not trapping errors, so the functions dont get defined fully

Regards

Mark Brindle

Has anyone managed to get discounts working properly ?

Im using easy discount, but im really struggling to integrate this in - at the moment it doesnt get added or subtracted from the total once you edit an order - so it breaks the original discount value as well! so i can put anything in that value as it uses ot_easy_discount and the edit_order.php code lets it live there but doesnt recalculate the value of the discount. every way ive tried of integrating the easy_discount code results in errors for trying to use easy_discount values in the code.

Im going to keep trying for a little while longer before i give up!

Also tax doesnt get calculated properly either. if i add a custom discount, this gets taken off the total properly, but the tax amount always relates to the original value of the order - which isnt correct for tax. the tax should be recalculated based on the discount being taken off the original total. I can probably fix that but if anyone has fixed it already id be keen to find out how.

aside from that it works well - only when ajax turned off om admin though.

thanks

Regards

Mark Brindle