• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I am working on the final release of 5.0 however I have no ETA as of yet.

Due to the dearth of bug reports from BETA 1, I'm skipping BETA 2 and going straight to the final release. At this point I'm thinking that either not many people are using it or the bugs already fixed are the big ones.

As mentioned in the previously stated plans for the now defunct BETA 2, the final release will have bug fixes as necessary, an Add a Product function that works without JavaScript, cleaned up and streamlined AJAX code, the ability to toggle the AJAX features on/off via admin, and as always will contain all source code or your money back!

If you have any comments, suggestions, bug reports, feature requests, gripes, etc, please don't hesitate to post here.

Installed V5 Beta 1 and after applying all the patches it is working really well for me with a couple of exceptions:

1. My currency symbol is £ (pounds sterling). When I first enter Order Editor the symbol is displayed correctly, however, whenever I do an update the symbol is redisplayed but with a strange carat A in front. This is a pretty minor issue

2. The email sent to the customer when the order is changed also has the carat A in front of the currency symbol. This is a more worrying problem as it is customer facing

3. Finally I have an issue with tax (VAT). In Europe, where I have a customer whose VAT number I know and have verified then I ship without tax and in this special case, the tax on the shipping is zero also. Otherwise tax on shipping is calculated as normal. There seems to be no way to cover this situation unless I'm missing something.

I'd be very grateful if anyone can suggest fixes for the above.

Thanks

Nigel

I have order editor 3.0.1.2 installed and everything is working fine accept for one thing, I can't add products. When I click on the button add a product, I go to step 1, I see a field with choose a product. that's it, no dropdown menu or something else. I only have the back button in the corner.

It worked with version 2.6.3.

I'm using IE7 and Safari and it's the same with both.

I have php5, mysql 5 and register globals=off. I don't understand, because the rest of the order editor is working fine.

greetings Claudia

Installed V5 Beta 1 and after applying all the patches it is working really well for me with a couple of exceptions:

1. My currency symbol is £ (pounds sterling). When I first enter Order Editor the symbol is displayed correctly, however, whenever I do an update the symbol is redisplayed but with a strange carat A in front. This is a pretty minor issue

2. The email sent to the customer when the order is changed also has the carat A in front of the currency symbol. This is a more worrying problem as it is customer facing

3. Finally I have an issue with tax (VAT). In Europe, where I have a customer whose VAT number I know and have verified then I ship without tax and in this special case, the tax on the shipping is zero also. Otherwise tax on shipping is calculated as normal. There seems to be no way to cover this situation unless I'm missing something.

Thanks

Nigel

This has been addressed with one of the bug fixes.

here is the link to the spot in this forum

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1111625

I hope this helps

I have order editor 3.0.1.2 installed and everything is working fine accept for one thing, I can't add products. When I click on the button add a product, I go to step 1, I see a field with choose a product. that's it, no dropdown menu or something else. I only have the back button in the corner.

It worked with version 2.6.3.

I'm using IE7 and Safari and it's the same with both.

I have php5, mysql 5 and register globals=off. I don't understand, because the rest of the order editor is working fine.

greetings Claudia

I allready found it. I have to fill in the beginning of a productnr and then I'll get a list.

gr Claudia

This has been addressed with one of the bug fixes.

here is the link to the spot in this forum

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...p;#entry1111625

I hope this helps

Thanks for the response, but that's actually a different (although I suspect related) problem. I've already applied the patch above to fix the problem with odd characters in the shipping description field. My problem is with currency symbols (specifically the pounds sterling symbol) in both the order editing screen and the notification emails.

Nigel

Thanks

Nigel

1 and 2 are probably the same bug; I'll look into this.

3 sounds like you have a custom code somewhere to check the VAT number against an entry in the database and give the customer tax exempt status. You will have to build this custom code into Order Editor as well. I could be of more help if I knew the name of the contribution you used for this, where the custom code is located, etc.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

The non-object is $easy_discount. The member functions in this case would be ->count() and ->get_all(). You would have to re-create the $easy_discount class within Order Editor to get this to work; there are general instructions on how to do this included install.txt file that comes with the Easy Discount contribution.

It is possible that this is all you have to do: in admin/edit_orders.php find near the top of the file find

require(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'http_client.php');

then, on a new line immediately below that one, add this code:

require(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'easy_discount.php');

Next, perform that exact same procedure within admin/edit_orders_ajax.php.

Make sure you get all the bug fixes listed in my signature.

Firstly, thanks for your help Stew.

I have made the recommended changes and went through all the bug fixers as suggested.

However, the problem is still there.

You mention re-creating the $easy_discount class that is mention in the general instructions... I tried doing the following:

Find the following code in both edit_orders.php and edit_orders_ajax.php

// Include currencies class
 require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
 $currencies = new currencies();

a new line immediately below that one, I added this code:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('easy_discount')) {
 tep_session_register('easy_discount');
 $easy_discount = new easy_discount();
}

If that is the case, then i now receive an error saying

Fatal error: Unknown(): The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition easy_discount of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ the session was started in ../httpdocs/includes/modules/order_total/ot_easy_discount.php on line 17

Cheers!

Firstly, thanks for your help Stew.

I have made the recommended changes and went through all the bug fixers as suggested.

However, the problem is still there.

You mention re-creating the $easy_discount class that is mention in the general instructions... I tried doing the following:

Find the following code in both edit_orders.php and edit_orders_ajax.php

// Include currencies class
  require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');
  $currencies = new currencies();

a new line immediately below that one, I added this code:

}

If that is the case, then i now receive an error saying

Cheers!

What happens if you delete the added code

}

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

What happens if you delete the added code
}

The original message still appears

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in ../httpdocs/includes/modules/order_total/ot_easy_discount.php on line 17

Even with "require(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'easy_discount.php');" included

Thanks for the response, but that's actually a different (although I suspect related) problem. I've already applied the patch above to fix the problem with odd characters in the shipping description field. My problem is with currency symbols (specifically the pounds sterling symbol) in both the order editing screen and the notification emails.

Nigel

I can't reproduce the  showing up next to the £ bug. I've tried inserting the pound symbol as both just the symbol via cut and paste and also by typing in the html tag £ for it, both work fine.

Where are you seeing the  show up?

Is their any plans of merging the manual order maker into 5.0?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

The original message still appears

Even with "require(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'easy_discount.php');" included

Instead of

}

use

Is their any plans of merging the manual order maker into 5.0?

I don't have any plans to do this, however insaini may have mentioned something along those lines.

Edited by djmonkey1

No disrespect because this is a great contribution but if you are going to upgrade this contribution then why take out such a great feature in the manual order maker. Isn't that like taking a step back?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

I can't reproduce the  showing up next to the £ bug. I've tried inserting the pound symbol as both just the symbol via cut and paste and also by typing in the html tag £ for it, both work fine.

Where are you seeing the  show up?

It appears both on the edit order screen itself (but only after updates, not at the first load) and also in the email that goes out to customers when you press the update email request.

1 and 2 are probably the same bug; I'll look into this.

3 sounds like you have a custom code somewhere to check the VAT number against an entry in the database and give the customer tax exempt status. You will have to build this custom code into Order Editor as well. I could be of more help if I knew the name of the contribution you used for this, where the custom code is located, etc.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this. I'm using the TVA Intracomm contribution. However, I'm not really asking for the integration of this code, just a means to zero the entire tax on a per order basis, manually. Making the tax field writeable would be more than adequate, if possible.

No disrespect because this is a great contribution but if you are going to upgrade this contribution then why take out such a great feature in the manual order maker. Isn't that like taking a step back?

Order Editor 5.0 is not a revision of Order Editor 4.0. The 4.x and 5.x releases were developed independently, and, linearly speaking, are both updates to the 3.x series of Order Editor. As such they would best be considered parallel forks.

Personally I've always considered Order Editor as a stand-alone contribution designed around the editing of orders already placed. Order Editor 4.0, as far as I know, is the only version of the contribution ever released that goes beyond that.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this. I'm using the TVA Intracomm contribution. However, I'm not really asking for the integration of this code, just a means to zero the entire tax on a per order basis, manually. Making the tax field writeable would be more than adequate, if possible.

Each products tax field is writable. Unfortunately there is no such thing as a shipping_tax field; such a field was included with earlier editions of Order Editor as a workaround but has been removed in 5.0 (and 4.0 as well I believe).

As for dollar amount tax total field being editable, it wouldn't matter if it was because the entry would just be overwritten by the output of the ot_tax module.

It appears both on the edit order screen itself (but only after updates, not at the first load) and also in the email that goes out to customers when you press the update email request.

What operating system and web browser are you using?

Order Editor 5.0 is not a revision of Order Editor 4.0. The 4.x and 5.x releases were developed independently, and, linearly speaking, are both updates to the 3.x series of Order Editor. As such they would best be considered parallel forks.

Personally I've always considered Order Editor as a stand-alone contribution designed around the editing of orders already placed. Order Editor 4.0, as far as I know, is the only version of the contribution ever released that goes beyond that.

Ok thanks for clearing that up I get what you are saying now. It was originally just an order editor then with 4.X added manual order maker. You just upgraded from the 3.X is what you are saying correct.

Ok well before uninstall 4.0.2 and install 5.0 can you tell me if this will work with 5.0?

Manual Order Maker

Because it says "Also requires Order Editor" just wanted to make sure the two will work together before I go through all the trouble.

-Thanks

Ok thanks for clearing that up I get what you are saying now. It was originally just an order editor then with 4.X added manual order maker. You just upgraded from the 3.X is what you are saying correct.

Ok well before uninstall 4.0.2 and install 5.0 can you tell me if this will work with 5.0?

Manual Order Maker

Because it says "Also requires Order Editor" just wanted to make sure the two will work together before I go through all the trouble.

-Thanks

It looks like Manual Order Maker won't work at all unless you have Order Editor , at least according to the install instructions that come with Manual Order Maker. That's a strange way to make a contribution. No wonder insaini just went the obvious next step and combined them into one package.

Instead of
}

use

Hey Stew,

The recommended code did the trick!

Thanks heaps!

The whole thing works like a charm (even without easy discount). Esp with Aust Post Calculator!

Once again, thank you.

It looks like Manual Order Maker won't work at all unless you have Order Editor , at least according to the install instructions that come with Manual Order Maker. That's a strange way to make a contribution. No wonder insaini just went the obvious next step and combined them into one package.

Yea I noticed that. So do you think 5.0 will work with this or do you think these will be merged in the future. I am just trying save some time from installing two contributions if you know what I mean.

well i have strange problem ..

Order Totals column is duplicating with every entry there, and numbers are not added below. No matter what i enter shipping costs and tax are not added to product price :(

<a href="http://www.vstopnice.com/vstopnice2.png">screenshot</a>

Edited by gregy