• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Has anyone had Seperate Pricing working Perfect with MS 2.2?

Mr.Snowman

As many others I have had nothing but problems trying to get this mod to work correctly, is there anyone out there that has had it work successfully, on all aspects.???

"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough" - Og Mandino

As many others I have had nothing but problems trying to get this mod to work correctly, is there anyone out there that has had it work successfully, on all aspects.???

Not sure what you mean by "all aspects" but it seems to work for me after getting some suggestions and making the changes in:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...er=asc&start=10

What problems are you having?

Steve Haney

EWI Web Design

I finally got it working after working on it for 2 days. Then I just ran into a problem today trying to use it with Easy Populate which I'm still researching (that's how I found your entry). Almost all of the errors had more to do with setup on my system and or errors in the database. I believe there was only a couple of small typo errors in the code which may have been corrected by now.

Hopefully everything works as planned since I'm going to have to upload a few thousand products in the next few days (provided the vendors send their data to me on time).

What specific problems are you having. If I can help I will.

Michael Gilliam

Michael Gilliam

When I go into a customer profile and wish to add update them say to a new group such as wholesale, when I hit the update button I get the error

1146 - Table 'sdmysqldb.TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS' doesn't exist

select distinct customers_group_id from TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS

[TEP STOP]

I know for a fact that this table exists, as well as it is declared in database_tables.php, I have followed every step atleast 3 times, with the same result

As well when I go into modify a product, these selections boxes that are supposed to be seen to add to a specific price to a product are not there, as I said I have followed the code word for word and it does not work.

I really enjoy using oscommerce, it is a really great program with so many possibilities, and because it is open source, it was the right choice to go for my client who wants this kind of modification.

I will try it one more time and see what happens, but any other input as to why this might be is greatly appreciated.

"Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough" - Og Mandino

Mr. Snowman,

Looks like your admin/customers.php is a little whacky. For some reason the define is not being expanded. Perhaps the define is inside of the quotes.

Open up your admin/customers.php file and do a search for

select distinct customers_group_id from

Each of the lines that it is on should look like

$multiple_groups_query = tep_db_query("select distinct customers_group_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " ");

Notice how the TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS is not INSIDE of the quotes, but is added to the string with the periods.

If you don't see anything that might be causing the problem, send your customers.php file to me and I will review for you. scott AT everson D0T ws

Scott I appreciate the help on this matter, I will be testing it once I get this latest problem fixed. I had not tested the check out phase of the program, and for some reason, when I select a product, put it in the cart, and then go to checkout, it repeatedly goes back to the login page. I have posted this in general support but have not received any word back, and hopefully you could shed some light on the subject.

I never had this problem with MS1, and it appears no one else is having the problem with 2.2 but me.

my site can be seen at www.spiceractive.com/estore/catalog/index.php

Thanks

Scott I appreciate the help on this matter, I will be testing it once I get this latest problem fixed.  I had not tested the check out phase of the program, and for some reason, when I select a product, put it in the cart, and then go to checkout, it repeatedly goes back to the login page.  I have posted this in general support but have not received any word back, and hopefully you could shed some light on the subject.

I never had this problem with MS1, and it appears no one else is having the problem with 2.2 but me.

my site can be seen at www.spiceractive.com/estore/catalog/index.php

Thanks

I played with your site and added a test account. It seems that your session information is not making it from your HTTP server to your HTTPS server. I wonder if they are two different machines? Perhaps you would want to try using the database sessions. This can be enabled in your includes/configure.php file. There is a line called STORE_SESSIONS -- set it to 'mysql' (do it in your admin/includes/configure.php for the heck of it too)

Let me know..

-Scott

Scott, you are the man! You pointed me in the right direction only to find that for some reason the full path had not been entered for the https Server for the catalog in the config.php file, and that is why it kept kicking me back out, thanks a lot for the help, you don't understand how much frustration you have saved me.

Thanks again.

I am now on to installing the seperate pricing module again, I will let you know if I run into the same problems as before.