• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

?? "make payable to" for checks/money orders ??

Dragonmom

Well, I got a check for a purchase- but I had to send it back because it wasa made out to my store and I don't have a business account. I need to make checks payable to my name, but I do NOT want to change my store name, and there is no place to edit the checks/moneyorders module from admin. In languages/modules/checks.php there are calls for variables which I am afraid to touch.

wadda i dooo? :roll:

psst... wanna buy a wand?

Ooh ooh I know this one!

Configuration

Modules

payment

Click on "Check/Money Order"

edit

Make Payable To:

PS: I'd also edit one of the template form emails -- in the confirmation I'd be sure to emphasize MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO ...

in includes/languages/english/modules/payment/moneyorder.php

Change

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'Make Payable To:<br><br>' . nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS) . '<br><br>' . 'Your order will not ship until we receive payment.');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER', "Make Payable To:nn" . STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . "nn" . 'Your order will not ship until we receive payment.');

To:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', '<strong>Make Payable To:</strong><<br><br>' . nl2br(STORE_NAME_ADDRESS) . '<br><br>' . 'Your order will not ship until we receive payment.');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER', "<strong>Make Payable To:</strong>nn" . STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . "nn" . 'Your order will not ship until we receive payment.');

or whatever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

but, wizardsandwars, the file STORE_NAME_ADDRESS takes its information from the admin store config files. I have a name for my store, but I can't deposit checks made out in the name of the store- I need them to be in my name, not the store's name.

I hacked the file and it works. I doubt it's proper php language now, but it does work...

psst... wanna buy a wand?

Lol,

The two ways to approach it is to either define another variable with the store owner you wish to include and change the variable that the description uses, or hardcode the store owner you wnat to use directly into the description.[/u]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived