• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Family Products-MS2

I am thinking of installing this contribution but I am unsure if it will do what I want.

Will it be possible for me to assign child products to more than one parent and if so will it copy the attributes?

If this will not work it will be very redundant.

This is an example:

***parent 1 product

**child 1 product

*attributes

-red

-blue

-green

**child 2 product

*attributes

-gold

-silver

-brass

***Parent 2 product

**child 1 product

*attributes

-red

-blue

-green

**child 2 product

*attributes

-gold

-silver

-brass

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i?ve got a problem with the product listing!

i have one product in different categories. when i add two products in one family then this product will double displayed at the shop!

my english is not so good (i?am sorry!!!!!!) here is screenshot, i hope somebody would understand my problem :huh:

problem.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a new version that I wrote. It works really well, and allows you to assign "family" products to each individual product. Works SO much better than the old family products. Only problem is that I built it for a client, and one of the stipulations was that I can't release the code for free on the forums. If anyone is interested though, let me know.

Chris Sullivan

• 7 months later...

I have some questions about dis contribution.

We sell lingerie and a lot more, we have more than 3000 products. And I would like to assign 1 familie to say 500 products.

What I mean is that I would like to show by example 6 different stockings to say to 500 sets of lingerie.

Is this possible with this contribution?, I have instaled it. But the way I see it I must make a familie name for each product.

Or do I something wrong???

Hello,

I get the following error ad info pages witch are without a family. Where can I change this.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '6346

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '6346' limit 9

If anybody please has an answer.

Here is my sql tekst in the family.php

$family_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status,

s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_FAMILIES . " pf, " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and

pf.family_id = '" . (int)$family_results['family_id'] . "' and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '" .

$products_id . "'" . $where_clause2 . " order by p.products_date_added desc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_NEW_PRODUCTS);

Is there something wrong??? Please let me know i get the following error!

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '6346

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '6346' limit 9

• 9 months later...

I have just installed Family Products and am testing it out.

I hate to say this but I cant find Family Products in admin>>configuration>> or anywhere on the site. I can not see anything to do with family products on my site. I cant even configure family products. No error. Nothing as if I have not changed any code!

Have just gone through a code comparison but could not pick any difference.

What could I have missed?

Thanks

Edited by tonyh

• 3 weeks later...

i have a question (that may have been answered, but i could not find anything in my search)

does this contribution have a pulldown menu in the "add new product" page? so a product can be assigned to a family right off the bat without having to go through multiple pages to assign?

• 4 weeks later...
I have just installed Family Products and am testing it out.

I hate to say this but I cant find Family Products in admin>>configuration>> or anywhere on the site. I can not see anything to do with family products on my site. I cant even configure family products. No error. Nothing as if I have not changed any code!

Have just gone through a code comparison but could not pick any difference.

What could I have missed?

Thanks

Did you ever figure this out? I just installed this today, and I do have it show up in Admin....and I can even add new Family names...but that's all it seems to do. I presume something is missing. I don't see how to connect the products. I'm wondering after reading through this forum if it's even the right contrib for me. I want to upsell, but just want to add the option of having a printed decal clear coated....and the choice of buying a spreader to put each decal on....will this offer just the two things?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm like tonyh, I can't configure my catalog....

I can create families but I can't assign families! I just reach a blank page?????

And when I create a new product, I can't see any fields about families...

Did I miss somethong?

Thanks for your help

sub-total (tax free), Bookmark, Browse by Categories 2.5, Category box enhancement, Contact us choice 1.0.1, Featured products 1.5.5.1, MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping 1.101, Os Active Desktop 2.3, Paymenttypes 1.2, Phpmyvisites 2.1, Session counter, Skype Contact 1.0, Stats products per month 1, Store Pick Up Version 1.4, Updated spiders.txt, Who's Online Enhancement 2.00, BackButtons, Google Analytics, stats_sales_csv_1.2, google_position_1.3, Customers List Improved 1.4, boxe defilante

I forgot to tell that I use SPPC + product sort contributions...

But even on a clean install, it's doesn't work either????

I also tried to change configuration_group ID value but nothing changed...

sub-total (tax free), Bookmark, Browse by Categories 2.5, Category box enhancement, Contact us choice 1.0.1, Featured products 1.5.5.1, MultiGeoZone MultiTable Shipping 1.101, Os Active Desktop 2.3, Paymenttypes 1.2, Phpmyvisites 2.1, Session counter, Skype Contact 1.0, Stats products per month 1, Store Pick Up Version 1.4, Updated spiders.txt, Who's Online Enhancement 2.00, BackButtons, Google Analytics, stats_sales_csv_1.2, google_position_1.3, Customers List Improved 1.4, boxe defilante

I just installed the contrib and it seems to all work fine except I get SQL error messages for any products which are not assigned to any family (most of the products!) :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '908'

select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, if(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as products_price from products_families pf, products p left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and () and p.products_id = pf.products_id and p.products_id != '908' limit 6

I guess this is a simple error not checking for something.. but i dunno how to fix it yet.. any clues ?

Thanks

mark

Regards

Mark Brindle

Hi Chique,

ok ive found the problem in includes\modules\family_products.php

This file is seperated into sections based on the type of display format you choose from admin - i chose 'box' and 'random' so line 64 onwards controls teh products being listed from familys.

The code does not check for no familys - ie products that are not in a family. This is bad as i think this would be the norm for most sites - i.e some familys but not too many and not every product.

The fix i did for my site is around line 80 - look for start of first query return:

if (tep_db_num_rows($family_name_query) == '1') {
$family_results = tep_db_fetch_array($family_name_query);

Ive added BEFORE THIS:

if (tep_db_num_rows($family_name_query) > 0) {

and then at the end of this section of code at around line 128:

new contentBox($info_box_contents);
echo '<p>';
}
}
?>

Just add another } to close the if statement so you have:

echo '<p>';
}
}
}
?>

If you choose other options from admin other then 'box' and 'random' then you will need to do something similar to the other statements in this file using these options.

The problem was the $where_clause was getting left as a blank '' so the sql query failed with 'and () and ' instead of '...and (something in here) and ..'

works for me now.

Someone else out there may be able to code this better and update the contrib. I can hack it but dont think its very elegant.

Regards

Mark Brindle

Hi Chique,

ok ive found the problem in includes\modules\family_products.php

This file is seperated into sections based on the type of display format you choose from admin - i chose 'box' and 'random' so line 64 onwards controls teh products being listed from familys.

The code does not check for no familys - ie products that are not in a family. This is bad as i think this would be the norm for most sites - i.e some familys but not too many and not every product.

The fix i did for my site is around line 80 - look for start of first query return:

if (tep_db_num_rows($family_name_query) == '1') {
$family_results = tep_db_fetch_array($family_name_query);

Ive added BEFORE THIS:

if (tep_db_num_rows($family_name_query) > 0) {

and then at the end of this section of code at around line 128:

echo '<p>';
}
}
?>

Just add another } to close the if statement so you have:

echo '<p>';
}
}
}
?>

If you choose other options from admin other then 'box' and 'random' then you will need to do something similar to the other statements in this file using these options.

The problem was the $where_clause was getting left as a blank '' so the sql query failed with 'and () and ' instead of '...and (something in here) and ..'

works for me now.

Someone else out there may be able to code this better and update the contrib. I can hack it but dont think its very elegant.

Thank You very much for posting this. I will leave my settings like yours and hope an update will be posted for the proper full fix so I can use the other options.

:thumbsup:

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

I have already installed the Family products contribution.

I am in the process of installing the Xsell contribution as well. However there is a small problem; a section of code has been commented out but Xsell needs to use it. I am not sure how to proceed. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the code I am referring to.

PS: I am very new to PhP and code work.

CODE from my site with Family Products already installed:

<?php

/* This has been commented out for use with Family Products v3.0

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

echo tep_cache_also_purchased(3600);

} else {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ALSO_PURCHASED_PRODUCTS);

} */

}

?>

Code from Xsell that I need to put in my site code:

STEP 4

Modify catalog/product_info.php to include xsell_products.php above also_purchased.

So search for this section

<?php

if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {

} else {

}

}

?>

And change it to this

<?php

//added for cross -sell

if ( (USE_CACHE == 'true') && !SID) {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);

} else {

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);

}

}

?>

Thanks,

Rod Johnson

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris,

Is there a way to do two things to your great mod.?

The first is to allow the admin to delete just one product from a family without having to delete the family and start over?

(like if a product was discontinued and you want to remove just that product)

Second.

Is there a way to get BUY NOW buttons in the family displayed products?

Thanks for any help!

Hi;

I'm trying to integrate F.P. 3.3 into the Basic Template System. Can you help?

In step 7.) where we are to Replace the following code in /catalog/product_info.php:

<?php

if ((USE_CACHE == 'true') && empty($SID)) {

} else {

}

}

?>

BTS has removed this code. I have looked for it in the BTS files but cannot find it. Does anyone know where it is or what else to do with this step 7?

Thanks!