• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Special order mod

jgkiefer

Just came across this post whilst searching, and I'm looking for exactly this thing...

If I find anything while searching, I'll add to this thread, if not, this post will bump it back up to the top so maybe somebody who can help will see it :)

Nope, couldn't find a thing.

This would be a GREAT mod.

Basically, here's what I'm looking for...

Let's say I've got a product on my site that costs $125 each. A friend of mine calls me up n' says "hey man, I wanna order like 20 of these.. can you do me a deal?", so I tell him "Sure, if you're getting that many, I can do you them for 100 bucks each"... Then he asks me to add X, Y & Z to the order.

I want to be able to go into the site, and assuming he already has a user account on the system, create a new order in his name, with the products, at my revised price, get the shipping all in, etc..

Then, send him an E-Mail saying "hey, click this, if the order looks cool with you, go to the checkout."

Is there anything like this out there right now? Can this be easily done?

I have a similar need though with a sligt twist. I get customers coming up to me in person and buying stuff. If it is a bulk order then the price will be discounted, if I have the stock with me it will be free shipping. In either case I have to create the order myself on the system. At the moment this process seems very cumbersome. Looking for a shortcut.

Wish list for custom order mod.

Orders must stay in the database so customers can retrieve them in their personal accounts area.

Only admin and the custom customer has access to the custom products.

Custom products must not show up in the site search results. (or Froogle feeds)

Well I guess this is a start. I am sure others have more to add.

I am not a coder but I am offering to help somehow. :o

I have a similar need though with a sligt twist.

That's another reason why I'm looking for this too...

The sites I'm currently developing are in the reptile industry, and a lot of the clients that I'm now doing sites for go to a LOT of reptile shows & expos. Often, other vendors at the shows will come up, to work out a deal or whatever, and if they don't have enough stock with them to cover the requirements, they'll get their E-Mail, phone number, whatever, and contact them after the show to arrange payment, shipping, etc..

Being able to just jot down the order details at the show, then fill in the details on the store when they get home, and finally just E-Mail the guy to say "Hey, your order's ready, just go to this URL"... That'd be great. :)

Maybe if somebody's willing to write this, we could all chip in to cover costs.

Nope, couldn't find a thing.

This would be a GREAT mod.

Basically, here's what I'm looking for...

Let's say I've got a product on my site that costs $125 each.  A friend of mine calls me up n' says "hey man, I wanna order like 20 of these.. can you do me a deal?", so I tell him "Sure, if you're getting that many, I can do you them for 100 bucks each"... Then he asks me to add X, Y & Z to the order.

I want to be able to go into the site, and assuming he already has a user account on the system, create a new order in his name, with the products, at my revised price, get the shipping all in, etc..

Then, send him an E-Mail saying "hey, click this, if the order looks cool with you, go to the checkout."

Is there anything like this out there right now?  Can this be easily done?

This is actually fairly easy. All you really have to do is write a script that will input the products into the customers_basket and customers_basket_attributes tables, and the next time they log on all of the items will be in their shopping cart. From there they can either checkout or empty their cart.

HTH,

-Chris

Chris Sullivan

That's a good idea adding it to the customer's basket. I would expect though that at checkout it would get assigned the standard price without taking account any special deal that had been negociated. Would it be hard to add that feature?

Copy the individual product to top category, set it for the package deal - number of prods and price, use hidden prods mod to make it available only to that customer, send the customer the link and voila

There has to be an easier way.

Is there a mod to create a hidden category? Then just create a custom category called custom orders. That way we could create custom products/packages with hidden product? That way we would have some predefined packages/products for the admin and also a list of all custom order packages/products.

Does this seem realistic?

• 3 weeks later...

For custom bulk discounts, negociated prices or non-standard delivery I thought the easiest way would be to have the customer enter the transaction as normal and to send them an additional product or coupon code that would adjust the total price up or down. If necessary things could be tidied up by admin.

I've had a hunt around credit class, gift voucher, payment type surcharge but I'm not sure if any of these fit the bill.

There are some payment discount and surcharge fee contributions but this one would apply regardless of payment method but be specific to the shipping method. Probably simplest if the staring point were to be free shipping. It also needs to be simple - just a flat fee not a percentage.

Is there such a contribution?

Please.. can someone please develope a contribution for special order or manually orders. Where we admin can enter it and send it to them and have them order it thru their acccount or we can do it for them I really need something like this, cuz i love to do all my accounting and invoive on OSC....

please anyone got this working please let me know

thanks

Please.. can someone please develope a contribution for special order or manually orders. Where we admin can enter it and send it to them and have them order it thru their acccount or we can do it for them.

I really would like to see this developed also.

OK it is a bit laborious but you can do this by simply using a hidden product - on my system any top-level product is automatically hidden unless you set it active.

Just send the customer a link to the hidden product. The customer adds the product to their cart, checks out and pays. Then admin then might wish to edit the order and adjust the stock eg.

Suppose the custom order were for 50 mobile phone batteries for the Nokia 3310 for a total cost of ?200 including delivery. Admin would need to go in to the regular product and reduce the stock by 50 and also amend the customer's order to delete the order for 1 custom product and replace it with an order for 50 regular ones at a special price.

You are not getting this..

what if you want to charge a certain amount of price for that. I mean don't use the osc shop prices. Special orders or Manually order, are orders, customer requested, and which you build it for them and charge a total prices for the whole packages..

Say they shop on your site.. a system. and it cost. $1000.00 now with this specail order, you can add up the total stuff in your osc shop and it will be $1000,

Our main goal is to set a price not in the osc shop. a custom price.. where customer and just go ahead and order it... Everything gotta be custom.. just like typing out a invoices for a customer.. but instead do it in OSC shop. and send it them to like that..

how??

• 2 weeks later...
Just came across this post whilst searching, and I'm looking for exactly this thing...

If I find anything while searching, I'll add to this thread, if not, this post will bump it back up to the top so maybe somebody who can help will see it :)

This new contribution seem to be just what we're looking for.

Manual Order Entry System

:D