osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Dynamic MoPics v2.2

dreamscape

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent contribution, however i have a question.

How do you delete and get rid of a picture once loaded?

I tried deleting the pic from the server, but it still shows the logo, Image not available, click here to Enlarge.

The Only way i found was to delete the whole product and start again.

Shurely tehir must have an easier way.

I just installed your new version I think I'm confused, but let me see if I got this right...I only want thumb and big pic, I left out the addition to products_info, I have a folder created by mo pics called images_big, it is currently chmod'd to 755, I have tried to chmod 777 but it says I don't have permission. I have cpanel and can chmod all the other folders.....

Back to where we were, I have thumbs already created(thumbproduct.jpg) and big images(product.jpg). Do I now need to change the name of my thumbs(IE:product1.jpg)? I would need thumbs to be in catalog/images and big images in catalog/images/images_big right?

Also, I have easy populate and didn't see any changes to DB adding a second image field....or did I miss something??

Any help would be appreciated

Also, I have easy populate and didn't see any changes to DB adding a second image field....or did I miss something??

that is correct... if you had to put in the database what each of your other images were, it would be dynamic, would it? :wink:

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

I have a folder created by mo pics called images_big, it is currently chmod'd to 755, I have tried to chmod 777 but it says I don't have permission. I have cpanel and can chmod all the other folders.....

this is why you should not let scripts create directories. You are not going to be able to delete it either. If a script creates a directory, it is owned by the server (could be apache, nobody, unknown, etc depending on the setup). You are none of those users, therefore, you do not have permission to edit that folder.

- Edmund Burke

Back to where we were, I have thumbs already created(thumbproduct.jpg) and big images(product.jpg). Do I now need to change the name of my thumbs(IE:product1.jpg)? I would need thumbs to be in catalog/images and big images in catalog/images/images_big right?

only the main product thumb and big image?

you could get away with leaving the name thumbproduct.jpg if you set the thumb dir to "thumb" and set main thumb in subdir to "true"... even though it is not there and that directory really does not exist, it will chop off the "thumb" and look for images/images_big/product.jpg as the big image in popup_image.php.

If you renamed your thumb to product1.jpg, then the big image would also have to be name product1.jpg

- Edmund Burke

Excellent contribution, however i have a question.

How do you delete and get rid of a picture once loaded?

I tried deleting the pic from the server, but it still shows the logo, Image not available, click here to Enlarge.

The Only way i found was to delete the whole product and start again.

Shurely tehir must have an easier way.

are we talking about the main thumbnail or the extra image?? if the extra images, they can just be deleted from the server.

If the main product image, that is NOT a function of this module. That is stock osCommerce functionality and to get rid of it, you have to change that in admin by either uploading a new image or as you said "starting over"

- Edmund Burke

you could get away with leaving the name thumbproduct.jpg if you set the thumb dir to "thumb" and set main thumb in subdir to "true"... even though it is not there and that directory really does not exist, it will chop off the "thumb" and look for images/images_big/product.jpg as the big image in popup_image.php.

Like so?

amic MoPics

Title Value Action

Big Images Directory images_big/

Thumbnail Images Directory thumb

Main Thumbnail In Thumb Directory true

Number of Pics per Row 1

Mo Pics Extension

Main Big Pic Extension

Mo Pics Thumbnail Image Type jpg

Mo Pics Big Image Type jpg

this is why you should not let scripts create directories. You are not going to be able to delete it either. If a script creates a directory, it is owned by the server (could be apache, nobody, unknown, etc depending on the setup). You are none of those users, therefore, you do not have permission to edit that folder.

I contacted my host and they are going to chmod it for me, it was set to nobody. I had no idea it was going to do that.

that is correct... if you had to put in the database what each of your other images were, it would be dynamic, would it?

I still need 2 fields for uploading the pics?? v_products_images and v_products_bimages?

Sorry..I'm still pretty new to this stuff :oops:

I still need 2 fields for uploading the pics?? v_products_images and v_products_bimages?

Sorry..I'm still pretty new to this stuff :oops:

No the only field used is the regular image field (v_products_image)... then based on your settings, it looks for big pic for the popup and finds the other pics if you are using that part (again based on the settings). That is why its called "dynamic" moPics. If you want to put each image (big & small) into the DB then you will need the regular moPics contribution.

- Edmund Burke

that is correct... if you had to put in the database what each of your other images were, it would be dynamic, would it?

**EDIT** that should read:

that is correct... if you had to put in the database what each of your other images were (big or small), it would NOT be dynamic, would it?

- Edmund Burke

**EDIT** that should read:

that is correct... if you had to put in the database what each of your other images were (big or small), it would NOT be dynamic, would it?

I got that part! LOL

Thanks for your help!!!

I deleted the image from the server, but it still shows a box sayng image not available, click here to enlarge.

Have a look here http://www.worldmagicshop.com/store/produc...1&products_id=1

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Your popup points to popup_image1.php for that image. This is a big give-away that you are using the regular moPics contribution and the image is defined in the database. Please contact the author of that mod or post in an appropriate thread to receive the help you need. This thread deals ONLY with the DYNAMIC MoPics contribution... NOT the regular one.

- Edmund Burke

Hey Dreamscape...

I am sorry I wasn't able to get back at you.... I got the MoPics Working great...

After it began working I starting having this problem... Could you help with this?

Well, I don't know why this shows up and I don't know how to get rid off it.

Everytime I click to enlarge I get the entire link where the picture is located at the top of it...

For example:

I click on enlarge then on the pop up window this shows up with the picture,

/home/mysite/public_html/catalog/images/images_big/lv-210.gif

Is there a way to get rid off that? Is it possible to only have the picture instead of that entire link? :?:

HI,

first thanx for that great contrib ! After hours of try and error (I simply coud not fix dummy problems) I got it running perfectly. As the questions in this thread are often the same, I post You my results, may be it helps others:

1. The pop_up:

in catalog/popup_image.php replace $_GET with $HTTP_GET_VARS

(has something to do with the safe URL ...whatever)

2. Disturbing path in the popup:

in catalog/popup_image.php uncomment-->

echo DIR_FS_CATALOG - $image_path . $image_base . $image_addon . $image_ext . '<br>';

so it looks like

//echo DIR_FS_CATALOG - $image_path . $image_base . $image_addon . $image_ext . '<br>';

3. I had mega troubles with the paths in the admin, the folders in image dir etc.

My working settings are:

Big Dir: images_big/

thumb Dir: thumbs/

Main Thumbs in Thumb dir: false

Mo pics extension: _pic

Image type: as you like jpg or gif

You have to create the images_big and the thumbs DIR in catalog/images/...

4. How to name the thumbs and bigimages:

for the 1st pic:

thumb: 1.jpg (located in the image dir, not the thumbs dir !!!!!!!!!)

bigimage: 1.jpg (located in the images_big dir !!!!!!)

for the following pics and thumbs (bigpics in the images_big dir, thumbs in the thumbs dir)

add.thumb1: 1_pic1.jpg add.Big1: 1_pic1.jpg

add.thumb2: 1_pic2.jpg add.Big2: 1_pic2.jpg

and so on, feel free to change names and paths following og structure.

I hope that helps a bit :D

If anybody knows the solution how to put the "MAIN THUMB" in the thumbs.dir I would be happy to know.

If anybody knows how to organize the catalog/product_info.php

that the online appearance is

1. product + options,

2. DynamicMoPics and

3. the infos done by the contrib "additional_informations 1.2"

4. reviews etc.

I would be happy again. My Problem is, that the add.info doesnt work placed in any other position except directly under -->

echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']

JAKO

Jakobus,

I did the uncomment and it work... I appreciate the time you took to answer this. I was hoping someone would read the post.

I could now honestly say that I got the MoPics working fine entirely... Very good contribution...

I Appreciate it a bunch, thanks Dreamscape and Jakobus.

:bigups: :thumbsup:

Dark

Hi

I have problem with Mo-pics when I click "Click to enlarge" pop up window showing image and text path of the image

Please help how can I get rid of this text path

Yes it has been discussed about 4 times in this thread... oh wait, I bet you didn't even bother to read the thread before posting... one of the times it is discussed is about 2 replies up from yours... thanks.

- Edmund Burke

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dreamscape,

I'm wondering if you can help me out. I think I have the name configurations set correctly. But I'm getting a red x in my pop-up window. I should have a relatively clean install, but I wonder If I've done something with the coding. When I look at the properties for the picture with the red x, it is not the correct name configuration.

This is the picture that I've tried the dynamic mo pics:

The Picture

My main image=

catalog/images

03fransu.jpg

I've loaded test images with the following name configurations to

catalog/images/images_big

03fransu1_big.jpg

03fransu2_big.jpg

03fransu3_big.jpg

catalog/images/thumbs

03fransu_pic1.jpg

03fransu_pic2.jpg

03fransu_pic3.jpg

My configurations look like this:

Thumbnail Images Directory thumbs/

Number of Pics per Row 4

Mo Pics Extension _pic

Main Big Pic Extension _big

Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Anne

that configuration is quite incorrect.

My main image=

catalog/images

03fransu.jpg

that looks ok

I've loaded test images with the following name configurations to

catalog/images/images_big

03fransu1_big.jpg

03fransu2_big.jpg

03fransu3_big.jpg

no that is quite incorrect... the big extra images should be the same name as the extra thumbs: 03fransu_pic1.jpg, etc... the "_big" extention is only used for the main thumb as some people were naming there main big image "image_big.jpg"... thats why I put that option in there.

catalog/images/thumbs

03fransu_pic1.jpg

03fransu_pic2.jpg

03fransu_pic3.jpg

this looks ok.

My configurations look like this:

Thumbnail Images Directory thumbs/

Number of Pics per Row 4

Mo Pics Extension _pic

Main Big Pic Extension _big

a few things wrong here. "Main Thumbnail In Thumb Directory" should be false, as you have your main product thumbnails in "images/" (oscommerce default) and not "images/thumbs"... also you do not appear to be using "Main Big Pic Extension" so that should just be blank.

- Edmund Burke