• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate Pricing Per Customer v3.5

scendent

Looks fine to me. I assume the piece of code that determines the variable $customer_group_id is in the beginning of the file (just above <!doctype htm public etc.)? See below:

Well Thanks..... that was it. In the file that comes with the 4.0 package it is further down the file, see below... and after reading the code it would only be called if ($product_check['total'] < 1)

<?php
/*
 $Id: product_info.php,v 1.97 2003/07/01 14:34:54 hpdl Exp $
 adapted for Separate Pricing Per Customer v3.6 2005/01/26

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO);

$product_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
 $product_check = tep_db_fetch_array($product_check_query);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
<script language="javascript"><!--
function popupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,res
izable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=100,height=100,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,le
ft=150')
}
//--></script>
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><?php echo tep_draw_form('cart_quantity', tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product')); ?><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<?php
 if ($product_check['total'] < 1) {
  // BOF Separate Price per Customer
 if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_id')) { 
 $customer_group_id = '0';
 } else {
  $customer_group_id = $sppc_customer_group_id;
 }
  // EOF Separate Price per Customer
?>
  <tr>

Thanks for the help. :D

hi all

i just installed SPPC on a clean install of oscommerce and i'm getting some errors.

First, the steps i took to do the install are:

1. Copy the contents of the catalog folder into the store. I used cuteftp and it replaced all files that were already there and i assume left the ones that were not in the catalog folder

used phpmyadmin to upload and run the install script and it ran successfully. I noticed that i now have two databases. 1 named 'oscommerce' and the other named 'oscommerce_2436880810'. The oscommerce database does contain customers_groups but the other does not.

In the admin page when i click on customers i get the error

1146 - Table 'oscommerce_2436880810.customers_groups' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from customers c left join address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id left join customers_groups cg on c.customers_group_id = cg.customers_group_id

[TEP STOP]

I don't understand why its using the oscommerce_2436880810 db instead of the oscommerce one.

When i go to customer groups(which actually shows up in admin :) ) i get

select count(*) as total from customers_groups g

[TEP STOP]

same table again. and i go to edit a product and i get

select customers_group_id, customers_group_name from customers_groups where customers_group_id != '0' order by customers_group_id

I think there are a couple of other places i get this.

on the store front, a little bit of the page loads(header and cattree) then i get this error under the left cattree

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'where clause'

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '2161' and status and customers_group_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

What am i missing here? Is there a reason why i ended up with two databases and i keep trying to access the wrong one? Any help would be greatly appretiated.

ignore that, apparently i have two copies of most of the databases and the one that's actually in use is the one with the numbers next to it not the original oscommerce one.

This is one great contribution and i just happened to have a client who wanted exactly this. One question though. When a visitor gets to the site and they are not registered or not logged in, what price do they see? If it became necessary, would it be possible to force customers to log in before viewing any products? I haven't done much with either php or oscommerce so i'm not up to par with what's available for it.

Has anyone got the Minimum Order Amount working for the SPPC mod yet?

I've installed the Minimum Order mod fine but can't assign it to only one group. I'm not a programmer but have added the below based on a few posts I've read. It unfortunately doesn't seem to work.

checkout_confirmation.php, checkout_payment.php, checkout_shipping.php & checkout_process.php.

// check order total minimum retail
if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 200 && $customer_group_id == '2') {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'));
}

shopping_cart.php

<?php
// minimum order total
if ($cart->show_total() < 200 && $customer_group_id == '2') {
?>

I'm hoping there is an easy fix or hopefully a mod but can't find it?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

somebody up above mentioned that there are still some bugs with this contribution -- is there a bug list maintained somewhere, and are these bugs bad enough that they don't allow for a public release of ones shop after installing SPCC or are there workarounds?

i tried skimming through about 25 pages of this 75 page topic but as far as i could tell most of the errors were on installation...

thanks anyone who can let me know before i get into installing this one!

Question:

What files do i need to change and what changes do i need to make in order for the customer assignment to groups to be automated. I want to assign them to groups based on their email address' extension(.com, .gov, .us,.net, etc

Is there a way to display the default (retail) Qty Price Breaks as well as the Qty Price Breaks for the group that you are logged in as?

For instance, Joe Public views the site and see's retail price (and there is no bulk discounts), however, a retailer logs in, and see's Wholesale Price.

I have Show Price list for SPPC 4.1 version 1.0, so the logged in retailer now sees

• List Price: $20.00
  • Your Price: $10.00

However, I also want them to see...

• 10 units: $8.00 each
  • 20 units: $6.00 each

Can anyone help? At some stage in setting this up, I got a table at the top of the product page with qty breaks and percentage saved... this would be great to appear based on the customer group...

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Hello-

Great contribution, thanks! I'm having a small problem however- in admin for my wholesale groups I've checked the "Set payment modules for this customer group" and selected "Payment Terms" as the only payment module (Payment Terms is just COD with a different name). But, on checkout_payment.php, both Payment Terms and Check/Money Order are still displayed. I'm a little perplexed as to where to look to see if I missed something, as I'm not sure where the code that really controls this would be.

TIA

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I've installed the Minimum Order mod fine but can't assign it to only one group. I'm not a programmer but have added the below based on a few posts I've read. It unfortunately doesn't seem to work.

checkout_confirmation.php, checkout_payment.php, checkout_shipping.php & checkout_process.php.

The code you and Marcus used is correct, but my guess is that the variable $customer_group just isn't available for the code, so it gets ignored.

The easiest solution would be to use the global session variable directly e.g.:

// check order total minimum retail
if ($order->info['subtotal'] < 200 && $_SESSION['sppc_customer_group_id'] == '2') {
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART, '', 'NONSSL'));
}

Otherwise you would need to add to the code of that page:

// BOF Separate Price per Customer
 } else {
 }
  // EOF Separate Price per Customer

Tim,

Is there a way to display the default (retail) Qty Price Breaks as well as the Qty Price Breaks for the group that you are logged in as?
That's rather involved, since the code in PriceFormatter goes straight for the prices for the customer group. It doesn't first query the retail ones (so you could store those) and then replace them with the ones for the customer group.

Stew,

I'm a little perplexed as to where to look to see if I missed something, as I'm not sure where the code that really controls this would be.
Actually, it is just a small piece of code that is to be found in the top part of includes/classes/payment.php. In that class the payment modules are "loaded" and that is where SPPC interferes with its code. Only there.

Check the database too, in the table customers_groups to see what is in the field "group_payment_allowed" for that customer group.

What files do i need to change and what changes do i need to make in order for the customer assignment to groups to be automated. I want to assign them to groups based on their email address' extension(.com, .gov, .us,.net, etc
Basically, you only need to change create_account.php (there were posts about that, starting around page 59 of this thread). Look for (around line 195 in create_account.php):

if ( ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true' && tep_not_null($company_tax_id)  ) { 
  $sql_data_array['customers_group_ra'] = '1';
  }
  // EOF Separate Pricing Per Customer

If you add code around there, to check on the extension of the email address and based on that add a

$sql_data_array['customers_group_id'] = '##';

you should be able to get it working.

In a default installation it relies on the fact that the default value for that field is '0' when an account is created (so it doesn't need to be added to the sql_data_array since that is how all new acccounts start: as retail).

Tim,

That's rather involved, since the code in PriceFormatter goes straight for the prices for the customer group. It doesn't first query the retail ones (so you could store those) and then replace them with the ones for the customer group.

Thanks Jan,

I'ld be happy just to the price breaks for the logged in customer group... how do I do that?

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Jan, I added my code in there and now it assigns all new accounts to the right groups. I also did that little mod mentioned a few pages back to correct the session variables so the customer doesn't have to logout and login.

Great job and thank you to all who put time into making this contribution.

Tim,

That comes standard with Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer for which Show Price list for SPPC 4.1 v1.0 has an add-on to show the list price.

Hi Jan,

Is it possible to mix the two? ie. Show the list price and group price as per Show Price list for SPPC 4.1 v1.0, as well as showing the Qty breaks for the group logged in.

ie.

When viewing as default (public), I would see:

- Retail Unit Price: X

When logged in as Group A, I would see:

- Group A Unit Price: Y

- Group A 6 units Price: Z

or when logged in as Group B, I would see:

- Group B Unit Price: Y

- Group B 6 units Price: Z

Vheers,

Tim

I managed to install this contribution with no errors using Winmerge.. what a lifesaver that was as I had done some fairly heavy modifications to some of the code already.

Where it gets tricky is that I've installed the "default specials" contribution so that I have some specials displayed on the main index page. Big problem -- if I add a special under "dealer" pricing, it's coming up on my main page under the default specials for retail customers that aren't logged in even. I tried looking at the code but it's beyond the simple fixing I'm capable of doing. Can anyone help adapt the code to work with SPPC ?

The "default specials" code is in /includes/modules/default_specials.php and it's short so I've posted the whole file that's called from within index.php.

Thanks in advance for any help!

<?php
/*
 $Id: default_specials.php,v 2.0 2003/06/13

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- default_specials //-->

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => TABLE_HEADING_DEFAULT_SPECIALS);

/*	new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);  */
?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr>
<td>
   <?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DEFAULT_SPECIALS . '	' . '<a href="specials.php"> <b>[view all specials]</b></a>'; ?>
 </td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
  <td height="1" bgcolor="#000000"></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<?php

$new = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_SPECIAL_PRODUCTS);

$info_box_contents = array();
 $row = 0;
 $col = 0;
 while ($default_specials = tep_db_fetch_array($new)) {
$default_specials['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($default_specials['products_id']);
$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
									   'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
									   'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $default_specials["products_id"]) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'small/' . $default_specials['products_image'], $default_specials['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $default_specials['products_id']) . '">' . $default_specials['products_name'] . '</a><br><s>' . 'Reg ' . $currencies->display_price($default_specials['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($default_specials['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . 'Sale ' . $currency .  $currencies->display_price($default_specials['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($default_specials['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>');
$col ++;
if ($col > 2) {
  $col = 0;
  $row ++;
}
 }
 new contentBox($info_box_contents);
?>

<!-- default_specials_eof //-->

Stew,

Actually, it is just a small piece of code that is to be found in the top part of includes/classes/payment.php. In that class the payment modules are "loaded" and that is where SPPC interferes with its code. Only there.

Ha! That's exactly it! I missed that file! Thanks!

Here's my new question: :D

I've cobbled together a contribution that I like to call Add Multiple Products to Cart, in columns, for SPPC. It's a hodgepodge of other people's work that looks really cool in operation:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3606/

But, product attributes are not showing up anywhere- I don't even know where they're supposed to be. In the description of the original Add Multiple Products contribution by Ian C Wilson, he mentions product attributes. Apparently they were lost somewhere along the line during updates by a few other people. They are in version 1.0 (the original original mod by Mr. Wilson himself), but the differences in the code between v1.0 and v1.2 are so extreme to my eyes I don't know where to begin.

Obviously this is beyond SPPC but if you (or anyone!) could take a look at it and come up with something, I will bow down to you.... :D

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Big problem -- if I add a special under "dealer" pricing, it's coming up on my main page under the default specials for retail customers that aren't logged in even. I tried looking at the code but it's beyond the simple fixing I'm capable of doing.
Actually, you could have found the code for that in catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php. Just change the $new = tep_db_query("select..... MAX_DISPLAY_SPECIAL_PRODUCTS); with

} else {
 }

if ($customer_group_id == '0')  {
$new = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_model from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_SPECIAL_PRODUCTS);
} else {
$new = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, IF(pg.customers_group_price IS NOT NULL,pg.customers_group_price, p.products_price) as products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " pg using (products_id, customers_group_id) where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id and pd.products_id = s.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' and s.customers_group_id= '".$customer_group_id."' order by s.specials_date_added DESC limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_SPECIAL_PRODUCTS);
}

big brown eyes,

As far as I can see Chemo's great contribution for slashing the large number of queries used by that method only needs a small modification. This worked for me (compare with the file tax.php to see where to put it):

? ? ? ? $tax_rate = ($tax_multiplier - 1.0) * 100;
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?$tax_rate = 0;
? ? ? ?}
// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer, tax exempt modification
? ?global $sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt;
? ?
? ? if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt')) { 
? ? $customer_group_tax_exempt = '0';
? ? } else {
? ? $customer_group_tax_exempt = $sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt;
? ? }
? ?
? ? if ($customer_group_tax_exempt == '1') {
? ? ?$tax_rate = 0;
? ? }
// EOF Separate Pricing Per Customer, tax exempt modification
? ? ? ?$this->tax_rates[$class_id][$country_id][$zone_id]['rate'] = $tax_rate;
? ? ?}

? ? ?return $this->tax_rates[$class_id][$country_id][$zone_id]['rate'];
? ?}

Jan,

what was done in regards to the general.php file during the install? Orginally that file contains the following SPPC code:

global $customer_zone_id, $customer_country_id, $sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt;

if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt')) { 
$customer_group_tax_exempt = '0';
} else {
$customer_group_tax_exempt = $sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt;
}

if ($customer_group_tax_exempt == '1') {
return 0;
}

after adding your changes to the tax.php file, is it ok just to delete that out of the general.php file and simply add the code as per the tax contrib install directions? To clearify....this:

function tep_get_tax_rate($class_id, $country_id = -1, $zone_id = -1) {
global $customer_zone_id, $customer_country_id, $sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt;

} else {
}

return 0;
}
if ( ($country_id == -1) && ($zone_id == -1) ) {
if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$country_id = STORE_COUNTRY;
$zone_id = STORE_ZONE;
} else {
$country_id = $customer_country_id;
$zone_id = $customer_zone_id;
}
}

$tax_query = tep_db_query("select sum(tax_rate) as tax_rate from " . TABLE_TAX_RATES . " tr left join " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " za on (tr.tax_zone_id = za.geo_zone_id) left join " . TABLE_GEO_ZONES . " tz on (tz.geo_zone_id = tr.tax_zone_id) where (za.zone_country_id is null or za.zone_country_id = '0' or za.zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country_id . "') and (za.zone_id is null or za.zone_id = '0' or za.zone_id = '" . (int)$zone_id . "') and tr.tax_class_id = '" . (int)$class_id . "' group by tr.tax_priority");
if (tep_db_num_rows($tax_query)) {
$tax_multiplier = 1.0;
while ($tax = tep_db_fetch_array($tax_query)) {
$tax_multiplier *= 1.0 + ($tax['tax_rate'] / 100);
}
return ($tax_multiplier - 1.0) * 100;
} else {
return 0;
}
}

would be totally replaced by this:

function tep_get_tax_rate($class_id, $country_id = -1, $zone_id = -1) {
global $customer_zone_id, $customer_country_id, $osC_Tax;
return $osC_Tax->getTaxRate($class_id, $country_id, $zone_id);
}

so the following code needs removed from general.php, but the rest of the SPPC code in general.php remains untouched, correct?

} else {
}

return 0;
}

Thanks. I just wanna make sure nothing gets hosed up.

so the following code needs removed from general.php, but the rest of the SPPC code in general.php remains untouched, correct?
Not exactly, with the mod in the tax.php that you know of, and following the directions in the contribution by exchanging the two functions: tep_get_tax_rate and tep_get_tax_description, everything should work fine for SPPC. The rest of the modifications in general.php (such as tep_get_products_special_price) should be left alone.

Always have a backup available though ;)

Actually, you could have found the code for that in catalog/includes/boxes/specials.php. Just change the $new = tep_db_query("select..... MAX_DISPLAY_SPECIAL_PRODUCTS); with

<snip>

Hi JanZ, thanks for the reply. But it didn't seem to make a difference. Let me make sure I understood you. In the file /includes/modules/default_specials.php I took out the original line $new=... and replaced it with the code you suggested.

Did I do it correctly? Because it didn't make any difference... the dealer special still showed up on the main page when I wasn't logged in as a dealer.

Just to be clear, this isn't the usual /includes/boxes/specials.php file, but another contribution called "default_specials" that appears on my main page and shows 9 of the last added specials...

Any other thoughts? What else can I give you to help you figure out out?

Thanks

Robert

Aartech Canada