• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate Pricing Per Customer v3.5

scendent

I'm needing someone to help me with a problem I'm having on a CRE Loaded install of SPPC 3.5... I can't get the specials price to push to the cart. Am willing to pay a qualified PHP programmer who has the quick fix. Please send me a private email. I'm on deadline and need help quick!

Thanks, Anna

Hello all.

I just installed SPPC and it works fine.  I would like to set my own percentage per group and don't see that option in the admin.  Is there another place to set this?

Maybe you can help me. I installed v4.1 I have made changes to all of the areas. When I visit the shopping cart it has tax added to all of the prices. The Retail setting is set to "Show prices without tax" Furthermore, when I log in with a dummy account set up as a different customer group, the pricing doesn't change in the shopping cart.

I am a newbie so any help is greatly appreciated.

Carrie

Maybe you can help me. I installed v4.1 I have made changes to all of the areas. When I visit the shopping cart it has tax added to all of the prices. The Retail setting is set to "Show prices without tax" Furthermore, when I log in with a dummy account set up as a different customer group, the pricing doesn't change in the shopping cart.

I am a newbie so any help is greatly appreciated.

Carrie

Hi, For Carrie, MediaGirl, Clesha and the others who have basics question about SPPC, I recommend you to read all the excellent "Separate Pricing 4.1 - What it Solves, What it Does & How it Works" Documentation made by Marvin. Maybe it gonna answer your problems. :blush:

John

--------------------

osCommerce 2.3.4 Bootstrap Edge

Can some one please take a look at my post from Aug 3rd.. no on has answered me.. JanL must be on vacation or something.. maybe someone else can help out here?? I really need to move along!!

thanks

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=672329

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

Can some one please take a look at my post from Aug 3rd.. no on has answered me.. JanL must be on vacation or something.. maybe someone else can help out here?? I really need to move along!!

thanks

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=672329

Debbie D
Franklin County, VA "Moonshine Capitol of the World"
osCmax Mobile Template oscmaxtemplates.com

Master Products and Separate Pricing Per Customer

I have SPPC 4.11 installed and want to add Master Products. Although I'm not really a programmer, I took a look at the files to see if I could do this myself. After comparing the index.php files, I'm already confused. And there are 14 files to modify.

Has anyone published a contribution or set of step-by-step instructions on how to do this? Or, if you have successfully done this, can you post the code that needs to be modified?

Thanks in advance.

Attributes and SPPC?

I *think* I understand this, but I'd like to run it by the group before I jump to possibly bad conclusions.

Let's say I have Widgets that come in Large and Small sizes. I'd like to define the Widget as one Product, but my pricing is like this:

Retail Wholesale

Small Widget $25 $10

Large Widget $50 $20

I'd like to use the osC Attribute feature, so I don't have to define separate Products (use the same picture and description, etc.), but I don't think I can do that--because my Retail price difference between the Small and Large Widgets is +$25, while my Wholesale difference is +$10.

I hope I'm missing something, so if someone can tell me what it is, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Mike in Key West

Hello,

This looks like one of the best contribs out there, and, to me, the biggest part of that is the documentation. This really raises the bar for contrib documentation (or rather, I should say, all other contribs fail miserably at a minimum standard of decency with their docs).

Anyway, I was hoping someone could tell me if SPPC (latest ver 4.1?) is compatible with the newest Easy Populate.

In the Easy Populate, there is a member of a Multiple Price per Product mod or feature -- does that refer to this contrib? If not, will Easy Populate perhaps clobber some of the database info that this contrib relies on to keep all the customer groups and pricing structures intact?

For example, I think in SPPC you can set a group to be at 10% off retail. But how would Easy Populate download that into the spreadsheet -- would it list 10% in a given field, or would it have no idea about any of the pricing that was not in the default customer group?

i have this code:

my problem is after the TABLE_CUSTOMERS

$customers_query_raw = "select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_country_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c, " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " a where a.customers_id = c.customers_id and a.address_book_id = c.customers_default_address_id " . $search . $sortorder;
// EOM mod

and this is the new from sppc 4.11

// BOF customer_sort_admin_v1 adapted for Separate Pricing Per Customer
  $customers_query_raw = "select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, c.customers_group_id, c.customers_group_ra, a.entry_country_id, a.entry_company, cg.customers_group_name from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c left join " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id left join customers_groups cg on c.customers_group_id = cg.customers_group_id " . $search . " order by $order";
  // c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname";

this is my idea, is this o.k. ?

$customers_query_raw = "select c.customers_id, c.customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname, c.customers_email_address, a.entry_country_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c, " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " a where a.customers_id = c.customers_id and a.address_book_id = c.customers_default_address_id " . $search . $sortorder;

can one create the new line,please ?

Edited by nervens?ge

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to not let the person choose what group they want when setting up their account.

I want to have everyone who signs up for an account to be retail.

And later, after contacting us for further info regarding prefered customers discount, club discounts, wholesale.

If they qualify, Could I manully place them in.

I'll be working on trying to figure it out, but if anyone has suggestions it WBG.

Debbie,

when the account is changed to wholesale (#3 in my case) I get an email but it's not correctly including the info (it will be a you have been approved for wholesale content).

It looks like you haven't defined the EMAIL_SUBJECT and EMAIL_WELCOME3 in the correct file (a file that will be included when this page is loaded). You should do a define of those in admin/includes/languages/english/customers.php

Also I was hoping to turn off the RA light when this is accomplished..
You used the correct syntax, but too late in the code to be included in the tep_db_perform above.

If you rearrange things a bit, it should work.

$old_customers_group_id = $_POST['old_customers_group_id'];
if ($old_customers_group_id <= 2 && $customers_group_id >= 3) {
   ? $sql_data_array['customers_group_ra'] = '0'; //trying to turn off RA light
} end if ($old_customers_group_id <= 2 && $customers_group_id >= 3)

? ? ? ?tep_db_perform(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, $sql_data_array, 'update', "customers_id = '" . (int)$customers_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$default_address_id . "'");

if ($old_customers_group_id <= 2 && $customers_group_id >= 3) {
$name = $customers_firstname . $customers_lastname;
// perhaps email_text should start with greeting: Dear mr./mrs " . $customers_lastname . ",\n\n
$email_text = EMAIL_WELCOME3;
tep_mail($name, $customers_email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT, $email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
} // end if ($old_customers_group_id <= 2 && $customers_group_id >= 3)

the only thing I see you have changed in the address_book_process.php is the adding of the following line :
 ? ? if (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true') $entry['entry_company_tax_id'] = $company_tax_id;

What this line is supposed to do because I don't see any difference when adding this line ?

That particular line is needed for includes/modules/address_book_details.php. What happens is that the page reloads after you have chosen the country. The array $entry collects all that has been entered by the customer so far to include that in the new page after reloading. If a tax_id has been entered you don't want the customer to do that again, therefore this line was added.

I would like to set my own percentage per group and don't see that option in the admin.  Is there another place to set this?

Clesha,

There is no place in SPPC to set a discount percentage, it is set product per product in the admin section. If you have a lot of products it might be worthwhile to formulate the right mysql query to get all the discounted prices/products_id's/customer_group_id into the table products_groups at once using phpMyAdmin.

Something like (haven't tested this) insert into products_groups select (p.products_price * 0.9) as customers_group_price, p.products_id, '2' as customers_group_id from products p; assuming 10% is the discount for the customer group with id 2.

I have SPPC 4.11 installed and want to add Master Products. Although I'm not really a programmer, I took a look at the files to see if I could do this myself. After comparing the index.php files, I'm already confused. And there are 14 files to modify.

Has anyone published a contribution or set of step-by-step instructions on how to do this? Or, if you have successfully done this, can you post the code that needs to be modified?

JanZ, I'm a bit confused regarding the behaviour of SPPC.

I thought customer_group_id_1 was always retail, and then 2 and 3 and 4 and so forth were the custom ones.

But I created only one extra group, and when I download my products using Easy Populate (with the approved tweaks to it to get it to work with SPPC), I am seeing weird behaviour.

The retail price is in v_products_price, whereas the discount price I set up for my group is showing up in v_customers_price_1 with v_customers_group_id set to 1.

Is this an Easy Populate issue or is this how they're stored in the DB? I guess I need to learn phpmyadmin to be able to go and check. But I did run the install SQL script and everything went perfect -- and although I had a couple contribs before I installed SPPC, every single file in the new-installation folder was still stock osC on my system so I just overwrote them.

raddygast,

I thought customer_group_id_1 was always retail, and then 2 and 3 and 4 and so forth were the custom ones.
No, the default (retail) is 0.
The retail price is in v_products_price, whereas the discount price I set up for my group is showing up in v_customers_price_1 with v_customers_group_id set to 1.

Sounds OK to me, although I have never used or looked at EasyPopulate. There have been changes to SPPC (dropping the unnecessary column with the retail price in the table products_groups to be precise) that EasyPopulate is/was (?) not aware of. Check page 62 63 for links to forums posts on that. Edited by JanZ

Mike,

Attributes and SPPC?

Half finished. The catalog side can be found in this post on page 54 but the admin side is lacking. You would need to do this manually using phpMyAdmin to find the id of the attribute for the article and use that to put the price for the attribute in a new table (together with customer_group_id, products_id, etc.)

I have not even started on the admin part :(

MediaGirl/Anna,

I'm needing someone to help me with a problem I'm having on a CRE Loaded install of SPPC 3.5..

SPPC 3.5 had big problems with special prices, mostly on the admin side though (I think). Version 3.5 and 4 are quite different. Best would be to upgrade but that must be tricky in your case...

Mark,

According to this post of RobinsonDixon it appears to be doable. I haven't seen any instructions on it. The admin/categories.php must be an absolute horror I assume :(

Mike,

Half finished. The catalog side can be found in this post on page 54 but the admin side is lacking. You would need to do this manually using phpMyAdmin to find the id of the attribute for the article and use that to put the price for the attribute in a new table (together with customer_group_id, products_id, etc.)

I have not even started on the admin part  :(

Thanks, Jan. I see where you're going on this and it looks fine. But I now realize that my client would have other problems (beyond the pricing) with using Attributes. Inventory management is a big issue for them, as they frequently go out of stock on products and they want a prospective buyer to be aware of that. By using Attributes (e.g., for Small and Large Widgets in my earlier example), the system really can't track the stock status of Small vs. Large Widgets.

I believe there are contributions that *might* help with this, but it seems to me to be too much of a hack to try to make all that work. It seems to me that Attributes were an afterthough in osC.

I appreciate your "housekeeping", by responding to my message from a couple of pages ago.

Mike in Key West

Klaus,

i have this code:

my problem is after the TABLE_CUSTOMERS

// EOM mod

Joining TABLE_CUSTOMERS and TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK this way instead of using a left join is OK but this query is not if you want to retain the use of the "sorting arrows" in the SPPC version of the page customers.php (not enough information pulled from the database).

Instead of the "order by $order" you want to use "$sortorder" from some other mod in admin/customers.php? As you can see around line 1061 and further $order is used for sorting on first name, last name, company name, and customer_id. You will break that.

Richard,

Just out of curiosity, is there a way to not let the person choose what group they want when setting up their account.

As a matter of fact this is the default behaviour of SPPC. The questions raised a few pages back are from users who want to deviate from this and have some automatic mechanism to put a customer in a group when they register.

Just a quick question. I recently modified my invoice.php and packing_slip.php to include the order number. I have just noticed that after installing SPPC the invoice shows an extra four fields for Tax. Everything is listed as 0% because I'm not listing tax yet.

I know I didn't overwrite invoice.php when I installed SPPC, because the order number is still showing. So the question is, how come this page is suddenly showing the tax field, and how do I get rid of it?

These are the fields:

Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex)

And this is where they're coming from from invoice.php. Question is why were they not showing up earlier prior to SPPC?

<tr>
   <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
     <tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
       <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" colspan="2"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS; ?></td>
       <td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
       <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TAX; ?></td>
       <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
       <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_PRICE_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
       <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_EXCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
       <td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="right"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_INCLUDING_TAX; ?></td>
     </tr>

Edited by raddygast