• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Image Resize v1.5

dreamscape

Hey ~ Im really interested in this mod, but I cant seem to get it working. I have read all 5 pages of this thread & reread. I have followed all the advice, but I too have the debugger on & its not giving me ANY errors. I am using 2.2 Milestone 2 also. Its acting as tho its not there, except I can go into my admin and change the configurations, but still nothing works. Its probably something I have done, but without errors I dont know where to begin looking. I have pre-exsisting products. Some didnt have pictures so I have uploaded a picture in them & clicked on update and it did not do anything except add the JPG image into the image directory, as usual. It did not copy into the images_big directory. What could I be doing wrong? I know I must be missing some vital step or something! Thanks in advance for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I have a little problem with the Image Risize v1.5. Always if I want to upload a image (products), I don't get the filename. The array is full, only the filename is empty.

I have started now the debug mode and this is the result:

Image has to be resized; checking for gd-lib

NO GD-Lib found

Now, what I can do to correct this? :unsure:

best thanks

David

Edited by dho

• 2 months later...

Hi,

first of all I wanted to say that your module is working great! I use it on a 2.2 version and with GD 1.8. I even got the big image issue resolved, thanks to this thread.

I am facing another issue now (not really a problem or error):

I would have to upload about 3000 articles via sql (phpmyadmin). This is no problem. But I want to upload the images (via FTP), too. Would the solution be, to upload all big images to the big_images folder and would the script then automatically resize the pictures for every article? I wanted to ask before trying it out... I don't really want to manually insert all articles.... :-)

Thanks..

BTW, I personally believe NetPBM or ImageMagick delivers a much better quality of reduced image sizes (gallery.menalto.com). But I know that not everybody has a dedicated server bla bla... Just an idea, maybe, if you have some time and energy, to offer a Image_Resize version with support for NetPBM or ImageMagick.

Anyway, thanks again for this great mod...

Best regards, Titus.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I have installed Image_Resize 1.5 and the thumbnail creation is working beautifully. Thank you for this great contribution. However, it will not display the big image in the popup. If you right-click over the image and view its properties you will see it is calling the image from store/images, rather than store/images/images_big

I think I have discovered the problem but I don't know how to fix it:

On the path to the big_images folder it is adding an extra level of my catalog name. Ex. "/home/luminous/public_html/store/store/images/images_big/fwc-m_Sky_RS.jpg There should only be one /store in that string.

This is what my popup_image.php file looks like:

<?php
 $image_subdir = DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES_BIG;
 if (substr($image_subdir, -1) != '/') $image_subdir .= '/';

// if you have problems showing the big image, remove the slashes and check the path
 $sImageDefault = DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_values['products_image'];
 $sImageBig = DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $products_values['products_image'];
 $sImagefile = DIR_FS_CATALOG . $sImageBig;

echo $sImagefile . "<br>";
 echo $sImageDefault . "<br>";
 echo $sImageBig . "<br>";
 echo $image_subdir . "<br>";
 $image = is_file($sImagefile) ? $sImageBig : $sImageDefault;
 echo tep_image($image, $products_values['products_name']);
?>

I added the extra echo statements in there trying to find where that extra /store was coming from.

My store can be seen in action at http://www.luminousgifts.com/store Please forgive the messy appearance, I am still in the early stages of customizing the look.

Help? :unsure:

Thank you,

-Alane

are the thumbs and "small images" supposed to be the same?

I dont get any errors, but the "small pic" shows up for the thumb and pop up big image also. I have tried the suggestions in this thread to no avail. One other thing that seems odd, even though the files in images_big are chmod to 777 when I try to delete them I get permission denied.

Any clues, I think this mod will be great if I can just get the bugs out on my end. Others have it working, so I know I must be missing something.

Thank you to the contributer.

houstond:

Did you find a solution for your problem? Sounds like you are experiencing the same thing as I was. I have resorted to this:

(in popup_image.php)

FIND:

$image = is_file($sImagefile) ? $sImageBig : $sImageDefault;

REPLACE WITH

$image = $sImageBig;

This forces the the page to go to the images_big directory for the image.

Not the fix I was hoping for but until someone who knows what is happening chimes in it will have to do. Only thing is, you MUST have an image in you IMAGES_BIG directory for it to call, otherwise you will end up with a broken images. Apparently Image Resize will not process gifs, so if you use that format for product images I don't think this fix will work.

If you found a real fix for it I would love to know.

-Alane

Not yet, my brother is working on it. He is trying to either fix it, find another mod that will work for us, or if the first two options fail he will build a mod to do it. Either way I will post the results here. Thanks for the tip, that will help in the mean time.

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem, just replaced

$image = ((is_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $products_values['products_image'])) ? DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $products_values['products_image'] : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_values['products_image']);

with

$image = ((is_file(DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $products_values['products_image'])) ? DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $products_values['products_image'] : DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $products_values['products_image']);

in popup_image.php, and it works :)

Hey guys, ok i did a fresh installation of ms2 and then the second i got the fresh ms2 i installed this. Now every time i enter admin i get 2 error messages,

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sphinx04/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1313) in /home/sphinx04/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/sphinx04/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1313) in /home/sphinx04/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

i have no clue on what to do, i edited everything exactly like you guys said, i even think i have this whole topic memorized

help? ... PLEASE????

Problem: if I want to add / update a product using an image that is already used by another product then the image is not added. Image Resize works fine for adding new products with new images.

I've run with debug mode on and the output looks correct - all directory names and image name are correct, but the image preview thumbnail in admin just shows 'http://www.storename.com/images/'. Ditto for the image in catalog.

All image directories are '777' permission.

MS2 store, GDLIB v2.0.15, PHP 4.3.4, MySQL 4.0.18.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

David.

David

• 3 weeks later...

change

$sImageBig = DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $products_values['products_image'];

to

$sImageBig = DIR_WS_IMAGES_BIG . $image_subdir . $products_values['products_image'];

and the images_big folder is used for popups!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I just installed the Image Resize 1.5 today and I have some questions.

I am using a MS2 Milestone recent download.

1. Why does the sql file in the package create a thumbs directory field in the database and admin if it is not used anymore? I would REALLY like to use it to keep my product images separate from the cart images in the main images directory.

2. Comparing general.php files, I noticed that the categories images deletion is not included in the replacement code from install notes. Is this something missed?

If anyone can help me make use of the thumbs folder, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure others will too.

Regardless.. thanks for the contribution in the first place or else I would still be loading nasty thumbnail sizes.

Chris

• 1 month later...

My problem is different. I don't think it is working at all. I followed the directions and read through this whole topic several times. the Images_big directory is not getting created at all. I can upload images fine and it uploads to my images directory but it is full size and is not being resized. Any ideas?

Also, debugging doesn't work.

Edited by voman

Oh please help, I am so frustrated! I installed Image_resize v1.5, and everything is working properly except now when I go to the admin catalog section, it looks like the admin stylesheet isn't loading. The resize function is working properly on the site, and the and the admin section fuctions properly. It just doesn't load the grey boxes/fonts etc. I have gone over the code as best as I am able, and can't find any errors. However, when I take the following line out of the admin/catagoeries

$products_image->set_resize(true);

the category section of the admin looks normal. Put it back in and Bam! admin looks funky again. Could someone please give me a hint? I just don't understand how the contribution could be working properly, but just screwing up the way the admin looks. Does it matter? What does this mean?

I still can't get the big images to delete.

I have changed the section of code from

if ($duplicate_image['total'] < 2) {

if (file_exists(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $product_image['products_image'])) {

@unlink(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $product_image['products_image']);

}

$image_subdir = BIG_IMAGE_SUBDIR;

if (file_exists(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $product_image['products_image'])) {

@unlink(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $product_image['products_image']);

}

}

to

if ($duplicate_image['total'] < 2) {

if (file_exists(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $product_image['products_image'])) {

@unlink(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $product_image['products_image']);

}

$image_subdir = DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES_BIG;

if (file_exists(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $product_image['products_image'])) {

@unlink(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $image_subdir . $product_image['products_image']);

}

}

Any ideas? Everything works well apart from this last little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well everything is working perfectly under BTS v.1.3 but i have a question about transparent png-files. I want to have rounded edges on some images but the cutted pixels apear black on my site. Someone knows how to adjust this to just cutted pixels... :blink:

PS: my settings in Photoshop are good.

• 4 months later...

I have a problem with ImageResize 1.5 MS2:

Here's the error I'm getting:

"Starting in_resize_image()

temp_pic:/tmp/phpneZ7mp

image_new:/www/XXXXX/shop/images/cap.jpg

width:360

Image has to be resized; checking for gd-lib

GD-Lib found start resizing

Image Format:6

GD-Lib Image Format not supportet"

GD Support enabled

GD Version bundled (2.0.23 compatible)

FreeType Support enabled

FreeType Linkage with freetype

GIF Read Support enabled

JPG Support enabled

PNG Support enabled

WBMP Support enabled

XBM Support enabled

what can I do?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi to ALL!

I wanna ask about compatibility Image Resize and WYSIWYG HTMLArea MS2 v1.7.

Does any work with two this contrib? I have one problem with it - I couldn't upload an image using Image Resize if WYSIWIG enable in Admin. And it's work perfectly when WYSIWIG is disable. Any suggestions to fix it?

I fix it by deleting function Upload products image in WYSIWYG. WYSIWYG PRODUCTS DESCRIPTION should be set Enable in Admin always. So I just modified respected to image upload conditions HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE in /admin/categories.php (Disable go to Enable) and removed command

editor_generate('products_image',config);

In result I place here my modified install instruction about changes in /admin/categories.php only for uploading product image by Image Resize. All other functions of WYSIWYG are work perfectly. I hope it help someone. :) All other instructions for other modified files must be performed to the original isntructions! Don't forget this! ;)

STEP 1.1a --> OPEN: /admin/categories.php
 ===========================================================================
=========
 Look/search for this around line 80:
=========

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
       }

=========
   And REPLACE that line with this::
=========

if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE == 'Disable') {
         if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {
           tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
         }
       } else {
         if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_image'] != 'none')) {
           tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_image']) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");
         }
       }

STEP 1.1b --> FIND: /admin/categories.php
=========
 Look/search for this around line 313:
=========

case 'new_product_preview':
// copy image only if modified
       $products_image = new upload('products_image');
       $products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);
       if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {
         $products_image_name = $products_image->filename;
       } else {
         $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
       }
       break;
   }
 }

=========
   And REPLACE with this:
=========

case 'new_product_preview':
       if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE == 'Enable') {
         // copy image only if modified
         $products_image = new upload('products_image');
         $products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

//BOF Image Resize
  $products_image->set_resize(true);
//EOF Image Resize

if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {
           $products_image_name = $products_image->filename;
         } else {
           $products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');
         }
       } else {
         if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {
           $products_image_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'];
         } else {
         }
       }
       break;
   }
 }

STEP 1.1c --> FIND: /admin/categories.php
=========
 Look/search for this around line 337:
=========

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
 <script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
 </head>

=========
   And directly ABOVE IT add this:
=========

<script language="Javascript1.2"><!-- // load htmlarea
// MaxiDVD Added WYSIWYG HTML Area Box + Admin Function v1.7 - 2.2 MS2 Products Description HTML - Head
       _editor_url = "<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_ADMIN; ?>htmlarea/";  // URL to htmlarea files
         var win_ie_ver = parseFloat(navigator.appVersion.split("MSIE")[1]);
          if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Mac')        >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; }
           if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Windows CE') >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; }
            if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Opera')      >= 0) { win_ie_ver = 0; }
        <?php if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_BASIC_PD == 'Basic'){ ?>  if (win_ie_ver >= 5.5) {
        document.write('<scr' + 'ipt src="' +_editor_url+ 'editor_basic.js"');
        document.write(' language="Javascript1.2"></scr' + 'ipt>');
           } else { document.write('<scr'+'ipt>function editor_generate() { return false; }</scr'+'ipt>'); }
        <?php } else{ ?> if (win_ie_ver >= 5.5) {
        document.write('<scr' + 'ipt src="' +_editor_url+ 'editor_advanced.js"');
        document.write(' language="Javascript1.2"></scr' + 'ipt>');
           } else { document.write('<scr'+'ipt>function editor_generate() { return false; }</scr'+'ipt>'); }
        <?php }?>
// --></script>

STEP 1.1d --> FIND: /admin/categories.php
=========
 Look/search for this around line 596:
=========

<tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE; ?></td>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_file_field('products_image') . '<br>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . $pInfo->products_image . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_previous_image', $pInfo->products_image); ?></td>
         </tr>

=========
   And REPLACE with this:
=========

<tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE; ?></td>
       <?php if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE == 'Enable') { ?>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_file_field('products_image') . '<br>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . $pInfo->products_image . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_previous_image', $pInfo->products_image); ?></td>
       <?php }else{ ?>
           <td class="main"><?php echo '<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td class="main">' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . '  </td><td class="main">' . tep_draw_textarea_field('products_image', 'soft', '70', '2', $pInfo->products_image) . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_previous_image', $pInfo->products_image) . '</td></tr></table>'; ?></td>
       <?php } ?>
         </tr>

STEP 1.1e --> FIND: /admin/categories.php
=========
 Look/search for this around line 631:
=========

</table></form>

=========
 And directly UNDERNEATH IT add this:
=========

<?php
//MaxiDVD Added WYSIWYG HTML Area Box + Admin Function v1.7 - 2.2 MS2 Products Description HTML - </form>
  if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE == 'Disable') {} else { ?>
           <script language="JavaScript1.2" defer>
            var config = new Object();  // create new config object
            config.width = "<?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_WIDTH; ?>px";
            config.height = "<?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_HEIGHT; ?>px";
            config.bodyStyle = 'background-color: <?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_BG_COLOUR; ?>; font-family: "<?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_FONT_TYPE; ?>"; color: <?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_FONT_COLOUR; ?>; font-size: <?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_FONT_SIZE; ?>pt;';
            config.debug = <?php echo HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DEBUG; ?>;
         <?php for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) { ?>
            editor_generate('products_description[<?php echo $languages[$i]['id']; ?>]',config);
         <?php } ?>
            config.height = "35px";
            config.bodyStyle = 'background-color: white; font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 12px;';
            config.toolbar = [ ['InsertImageURL'] ];
            config.OscImageRoot = '<?= trim(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES) ?>';
            </script>
<?php } ?>

STEP 1.1f --> FIND: /admin/categories.php
=========
 Look/search for this around line 962:
=========

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $cInfo->categories_image, $cInfo->categories_name) . '<br>' . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . '<br><b>' . $cInfo->categories_image . '</b>');

=========
 And REPLACE with this:
=========

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . $cInfo->categories_image, $cInfo->categories_name) . '<br>' . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES . '<br><b>' . $cInfo->categories_image . '</b>');
       if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE == 'Disable') {
         $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_EDIT_CATEGORIES_IMAGE . '<br>' . tep_draw_file_field('categories_image'));
       }else{
         $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_EDIT_CATEGORIES_IMAGE . '<br>' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_image', 'soft', '30', '1', $cInfo->categories_image));
       }

STEP 1.1g --> FIND: /admin/categories.php
=========
 Look/search for this around line 1051:
=========

} else { // create category/product info
         $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . EMPTY_CATEGORY . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_NO_CHILD_CATEGORIES_OR_PRODUCTS);
       }
       break;
   }

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {
     echo '            <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;
     echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '            </td>' . "\n";
   }
?>

=========
 And REPLACE with:
=========

} else { // create category/product info
         $heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . EMPTY_CATEGORY . '</b>');

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_NO_CHILD_CATEGORIES_OR_PRODUCTS);
       }
       break;
   }

if ( (tep_not_null($heading)) && (tep_not_null($contents)) ) {
     echo '            <td width="25%" valign="top">' . "\n";

$box = new box;
     echo $box->infoBox($heading, $contents);

echo '            </td>' . "\n";

// Add neccessary JS for WYSIWYG editor of category image
     if($action=='edit_category'){
       if (HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DISABLE != 'Disable'){
         echo '
                 <script language="JavaScript1.2" defer>
                 var config = new Object();  // create new config object
                 config.width  = "250px";
                 config.height = "35px";
                 config.bodyStyle = "background-color: white; font-family: Arial; color: black; font-size: 12px;";
                 config.debug = ' . HTML_AREA_WYSIWYG_DEBUG . ';
                 config.toolbar = [ ["InsertImageURL"] ];
                 config.OscImageRoot = "' . trim(HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES) . '";
                 editor_generate("categories_image",config);
                </script>
              ';
       }
     }

}
?>

@  END /ADMIN/CATEGORIES.PHP - SAVE AND CLOSE FILE @

• 2 months later...
well the way osCommerce works is it gets the thumbnail images from the main dir... nothing really I can do about that other than petition the dev team to change it so the thumbs are in their own subdir by default.

you *can* put thumbs in a subdir if you include that in the filename (like upload: c:my picsmy storethumbs/picture.jpg"... BUT, that makes the filename "thumbs/picture.jpg" which would really complicate things for the image resize because it would want to put the big image in "images_big/thumbs/picture.jpg"... which makes no sense... NOW, if the images are in category sub-folders then this does make sense and will keep you organized:

thumbnail: "dvds/picture.jpg"

big image: "images_big/dvds/picture.jpg"

Information on how to upload images (thumbnails) into their own subdir:

http://wiki.oscommerce.com/helpHowtoUploadImages

The link not work, it is possible to lay out the decision here