• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table width problem with MS2.2 MS2

dsmcphee

I've just installed MS2.2 MS2 and have refered to the only information I can find regarding the changing of the store table width and centering. This is at http://wiki.oscommerce.com/helpModsTableWidth But this relates to the old MS2.2 where you had default.php. Now it's index.php.

So, having made the changes I required (width 750 and centered), plus the changes to header and footer.php, the front catalog page displays OK, but if you click on say Privacy Policy or any other link the header and footer displays correctly, and the body reverts back to the 100% setting.

I was assuming that the change I made was going to reflect across all pages. But as the renaming of default.php by the OSCommerece team meant that every single file now has to be changed ? Or maybe I'm missing something.

as you posted the ling on the bottom it sys

You can do a find and replace in your editor and replace all the pages that have the same code as above at once.

Next, you must change the same settings in header.php and footer.php in your /catalog/includes directory.

Another way is to add a table set to a specified width to each file in the catalog/ folder ... copying the header, body, and footer into that table.

i guess that's wahat it means :wink:

not to be rude or anything :lol:

The more you do, the more you learn

Doing a search and replace would change every single table from 100% to 750. That would kind of screw everything up right ?

The contribution looks good but reading throhugh the post, I was wondering if all the bugs mentioned were fixed in version 1.

Archived