• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PDF Catalogue fails to create from admin - plz help

Hello.

Not that I have a lot of stock but I love the idea of this PDF catalogue maker functionality on my site..

I've looked at the code within fpdf.php and i see

$pos=strrpos($file,'.');

if(!$pos)

$this->Error('Image file has no extension and no type was specified: '.$file);

$type=substr($file,$pos+1);

This is obviously the stumbling block when i try to create my catalogue from the admin menu..

Thing is I have no idea what to do !!

This http://djpilch.co.uk/shop/pdf_catalogue_info.php fails also - are the two connected... ?

Thanks

pilch

Pilch - Not exactly sure what your error is. In the fpdf file, there is a check for image file types, that is what you are displaying. Are you saying that the error you get is referring you to this line, or are you just concerned because the code appears to be flawed??

As to your second point, you need to generate a catalog before that error will go away.

Go ahead and post your error.

A couple of notes with this contrib (and I am in no way an expert, I'm just trying to get it working as well). You need to use jpg, jpeg, or png file types. That is what the section of code you are referencing is checking. However, it probably has something to do with the program not having the proper path to the image files.

When trying to produce a catalogue I receive.

Warning: filesize(): Stat failed for ./catalogues/catalog_1.pdf (errno=2 - No such file or directory) in /home/djpilch/public_html/shop/pdf_catalogue_info.php on line 56

pilch

This is the error you get on the catalog side of your site, correct? It is showing because you don't have the PDF file generated. What happens when you generate the PDF file in your admin?

pilch

This is the error you get on the catalog side of your site, correct? It is showing because you don't have the PDF file generated. What happens when you generate the PDF file in your admin?

Correct.

The error that I get when trying to produce a catalogue from the admin page =

FPDF error: Image file has no extension and no type was specified: /home/djpilch/public_html/shop/images/

any ideas ?

Make sure that you have no broken links. This error seems like something I've seen where the program was looking for a file that didn't exist. So make sure all the images actually exist where they are supposed to.

FPDF error: Image file has no extension and no type was specified: /home/djpilch/public_html/shop/images/
I think that you have a product (or category, etc.) with no image specified (notice that there is no filename in the error, just DIR_FS_IMAGES). Since there is no image specified, it can't find the image. If you create a transparent .png (there is a pixel_trans.gif that you could convert), then you could specify this as the missing image. That should make it just show blank space where the image would be.

You could also create a default jpeg image to use in these cases. Then that image would appear in the listing. I mention this in case it is not simple to make a transparent .png. I haven't worked with .png files much, and I may be misunderstanding their capabilities.

Hth,

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem, so I found a workaround!

I use jpg and png only for my products now, but I installed a contribution to set the default image in a category and product.

default_image_in_products_and_categories_v1.0

instead of using default.gif I just used default.jpg (a 1x1 pixel white jpg)

I used both optional database additions, and on step 6 there are 2 options, I used the first option: not relying on any chmods

I have a question though, how do I remove the 'NEW' on the 1st page? Its kinda a filler. And is there a way to add my store logo there instead?

Thanks!

Jesse Rooney

For some reason, I think it has to do with

01/31/2003 - PDF data_sheet maker Bug fix Author: Ivano Pascutti

[sunSite] [Pair]

Bug fix for: FPDF error: Image file has no extension and no type was specified: images/

var "$languages_id" was not passed to function ProductsDataSheet().

I am unable to find the actual function(s) that I could modify to fix this. Is anyone or does anyone have a printable catalog type of contrib I can download instead of this?

I am using Pdf_catalogs_V1.4

Jesse Rooney