• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

images small / big...

Dr_DK

Nope, no new field in admin for me. Just one image field.

But in phpMyAdmin I have the other field (products_bimage)!

I just ran in phpmyadmin:

ALTER TABLE `catalog`.`products` ADD `products_bimage` VARCHAR(64) AFTER `products_image`;

That's all I did... Can you send me what I need to do to install it properly?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

popup_image.php should have been changed when you installed the contribution.

catalog/popup_image.php should have this in it:

<?php

if ($products_values['products_bimage'] == '') {

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_values['products_image'], $products_values['products_name']);

} else {

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_values['products_bimage'], $products_values['products_name']);

}

?>

ok, I took out from the body of popup_image.php this:

<?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products['products_image'], $products['products_name']); ?>

and added this:

<?php 

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_values['products_image'], $products_values['products_name']); 

} else { 

echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $products_values['products_bimage'], $products_values['products_name']); 

} 

?>

That's all I have in the body of popup_image.php!

Now when I click on the "click to enlarge" nothing is showing but X, like a broken link. When I click on properties to view the URL of the image, I get http://URL/images/ and that's it...

What else am I missing? :?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

Here is a copy of my popup_image.php

<?php

/*

$Id: popup_image.php,v 1.12 2001/12/12 15:16:46 jan0815 Exp $

The Exchange Project - Community Made Shopping!

http://www.theexchangeproject.org

Copyright © 2000,2001 The Exchange Project

Big Image Modification 2002/03/04

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_bimage from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

$products_values = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<title><?php echo $products_values['products_name']; ?></title>

<base href="<?php echo (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on' ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<script language="javascript"><!--

var i=0;

function resize() {

if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape') i=40;

if (document.images[0]) window.resizeTo(document.images[0].width +30, document.images[0].height+60-i);

}

//--></script>

</head>

<body onload="resize();">

<?php

} else {

}

?>

</body>

</html>

I just went back and re-did everything.

I don't think all the files went through before!

Cause popup_image.php never updated...

Now I replaced all the original files with the ones that came with Big Image. When I go to the admin, and click on Catalog or Categories/Products, I get nothing in the main... There are no fields to add new products or categories... Everything is blank...

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

That file:

admin -> categories.php, is not showing me the fields like the original from osc...?!?!

I replaced the original one with this one from Big Image...

Now I don't have the fields on there any more...

I back up the file and it works, but this new one won't work!

Help!!!

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

This admin -> categories.php file, is it working for you guys? Or it is just messing me up? So close to the finish line... :evil:

HELP!!!

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

I've been following along with this thread, as the contribution is exactly what I've been looking for.

I did all the steps, and everything went smoothly - including the product information in the admin section.

However, when I tested, this is what I got instead of the larger image:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: remove_current_page() in /home/cgispot/public_html/catalog/popup_image.php on line 15

I am soooooo close I think. Could someone help me out just a bit.

Thanks in advance.

Nancy

Yes that is the same as the line I have.

I commented it out just to see what would happen. The popup_image page now doesn't give an error, but it shows a broken image. and I KNOW that image exists in that folder. I can't even browse to that image in a browser.

In fact, none of the images in the main images directory are showing up so I am thinking there is something I need to do with the images folder? Strange part is that images in a sub directory of images do show up.

images/oscommerce.gif does not show up even on the default page.

images/microsoft/imexplorer.gif does appear correctly.

So I am thinking it is not related to me commenting out that line, but needing to chmod the images folder?

Any ideas?

Thanks again and please excuse my newbie explanation.

Nancy

That problem you are having does sound weird...

I wouldn't know how to help you on that one, but you can check CHMOD and see if the images folder is CHMODED to 755!

I am still having the problem with admin/categories.php! For some reason I am not getting anything on that page. No buttons, no add new product, add new categorie on there... I put the original file on there, and it works just fine. So I come to thinking that the Big Images might not be compatible with MS2, but just MS1...

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Dr. DK

I was finally successful in getting this all working. Somehow the permissions had been messed up. A fix of those and all is well.

I'm not sure why you are not getting the admin/categories page to work, as it seems to work fine for me. when I add or edit a product, there is a place to put a large image.

I had been working on this whole concept of the small/large images for days, so keep working at it, I'm sure you'll be successful.

Just a question, when you uploaded your php pages, assuming you used ftp, did you upload in ASCII?

Nancy

I am getting an error on categories:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_uploaded_file() in httpdocs/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 498

Has anyone else seen this?

If so how was it fixed?

Thanks.

Archived