a lot of coding ...

greetings

fant

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi all,

i've developped a simple tool to move, delete and copy multiple products in one step.

Anybody interested?

Where can i send it to for public download?

sr

Hi

Sounds good .. will it still be possible to BULK LINK products between more than one catagory or just MOVE them

I want to have lots of the same items in 2 catagories - I use the move / link option at the moment ... will this allow me to do it in one step

Roy

Hey everyone!!! I'm getting this error after installing. What's up? How do I fix this problem?

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_array_merge() in c:\program files\easyphp1-7\www\catalog\*****\products_multi.php on line 162"

THank you,

-Alex

Errors that this contrib gives:

1) Make sure that your code hasn't been obfusicated. i.e. check that its still line separated.

i.e.

include('includes/application_top.php');

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

etc

NOT

include('includes/application_top.php'); include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php'); etc

2) Line 1 means 'first line of actual code' not the first line in the file:

i.e. /* xxxxxxxxxxxx is not the first line of code, include('includes/application_top.php'); is

3) make sure you have added define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI', 'products_multi.php'); to your admin/includes/application_top.php

4) DO NOT ADD the crap to admin/includes/functions/general.php

5) modify all calls to tep_array_merge in products_multi.php to array_merge

6) it *should* now work

--HV

Errors that this contrib gives:

1) Make sure that your code hasn't been obfusicated.  i.e. check that its still line separated.

i.e.

include('includes/application_top.php');

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

etc

NOT

include('includes/application_top.php'); include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php'); etc

This applies to both the ../../admin/products_multi.php as well as ../../admin/includes/languages/english/products_multi.php

i just used multiple products manager contribution to copy a bunch of products to other catagories. the problem i have is that all these products are now linked and needed pure copies of the products that were not linked together. i need them to stand alone in there own catagories. any idea how i can unbreak the links and still preserve the seperate products in their respective catagories?

i brought this over now that i found the right place

• 1 month later...

:blush:

Hi Joris,

you're right. The products aren't really copied, they are simply linked to

more then one category. I've never intended anything else while programming

the contrib.

Of course, the contrib could be modified to make real copies, but that means

a lot of coding ...

greetings

fant

replace in admin/inlcudes/languages/english/products_multi.php

define('TEXT_INFO_HEADING_COPY_TO', 'Copy To');

by

define('TEXT_INFO_HEADING_COPY_TO', 'Link To');

So there is less misunderstanding, great contribution, thanks a bunch.

I feel so small making this synthax update. :blush:

I was thinking of doing this to get the "Copy To" to show as "Link To" so that I don't forget what it does

tried this, but didn't work, I am fiddling, don't really know what I am doing, so now I'll wait for some expert advice on what I was trying to do.

by

Great contribution, hope this can be worked out as well as a fool proof delete safeguard as previously suggested.

:blush:

by

So there is less misunderstanding, great contribution, thanks a bunch.

I feel so small making this synthax update. :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

I just complete trying to install the Products Multi contribution. I am getting this error when accessing admin/products_multi.php -

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/products_multi.php on line 1"

Any ideas? I started over at the beginning and went through the instructions the second time to make sure I had not missed something but still get the same error.

I am using the Easy Populate contribution. Have these been known to interfere with each other?

Will

• 3 weeks later...
I just complete trying to install the Products Multi contribution.  I am getting this error when accessing admin/products_multi.php -

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in /home/wesco/public_html/admin/products_multi.php on line 1"

Any ideas?  I started over at the beginning and went through the instructions the second time to make sure I had not missed something but still get the same error.

I am using the Easy Populate contribution.  Have these been known to interfere with each other?

Will

Will, have you had any luck fixing this yet because I have just tried to install this in my cart and I am having exactly the same error

Does anyone know how to fix this error that I get when i try and access this contribution in the admin screen

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in public_html/admin/products_multi.php on line 1"

Can someone please help. I think that I have followed all of the instructions correctly but not sure where I am going wrong

• 2 weeks later...

following instructions:

Step 3 - In /admin/includes/filenames.php add the following line:

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI', 'products_multi.php');

I don't have an /admin/includes/filenames.php. Is there somewhere else it might be? thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to fix this error that I get when i try and access this contribution in the admin screen

"Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_REQUIRE in public_html/admin/products_multi.php on line 1"

Can someone please help. I think that I have followed all of the instructions correctly but not sure where I am going wrong

Re-upload file produc_multi.php (in folder "admin" and "admin/includes/languages/english") with BINARY MOD.

Re-upload file produc_multi.php (in folder "admin" and "admin/includes/languages/english") with BINARY MOD.

I'm having the same problem, and uploading the file again in binary mode didn't work either.

I'm having the same problem, and uploading the file again in binary mode didn't work either.

Hi guys. I ended up fixing it by putting the latest contribution on instead Version 2.15 can be found at http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,products_multi

It works great and dont have any problems any more

Thanks for everyones help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I've installed the last version and it works fine for me except when I use the search function :

-> For instance I look for products name that start with "screen".

-> the search results appear

-> but I am unable to move the products selected to a categoy

It seems that we cannot use the "move" & "copy" tool with the products listed from the search function.

Does anyone out there meet this pb?

Thanks!

OSC2.2

Hi, I need help with the contrib.

If I copy products to an other category, they are created as an instance.

I need the function to create the copy as a new product, just like in oscommerce categories.

Could someone give me some code to change the tool?

Its even enough if the function copy(instance) will be removed by copy(to new product).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I seemed to fix it, but I had to install the admin/includes/languages/english/products_multi.php and admin/products_multi.php from version 2.1

When I downloaded the zip file for version 2.15, the php was all run together in line 1, which is why I was getting the errors. I tried downloading it again, and same thing happened. So if you guys want to do the same, it'll probably fix the problem.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

This is a wonderful tool that I have needed. I got the contribution to work perfectly in my test osCommerce store. When I saw it was ok, I then did all the mods in my osC MAX version that is live. I Know everything is correct as I mostly copy and pasted the code needed and Triple checked that all files and mods are in the correct plae. BUT, when I go to the admin, it is not there. I am totally stumped as it works perfectly in my osCommerce site.

Does this contribution not work in the MAX version of osCommerce?????

Thanks to any that reply. I really want to use this, but right now can't figure out why it works in one and not the other.

Kriss

We are having a similar problem with osCRE 6.15.

Installed every change carefully as noted in the attached files. Even scoured the previous version and found some missing instructions to change the following:

admin/inlcudes/languages/english/products_multi.php

and

/admin/includes/application_top.php

Neither of which were noted in the 2.15 update.

But alas, we have no menu link in our ADMIN area. Nothing seems to be damaged in any way. That's a good thing when adding new MODs. But, as there is no menu link, we cannot verify if the MOD is working nor use it yet.

So, in a nutshell, we need to figure how to get the link into the ADMIN area. Any ideas folks..???

Thanks, SuperKids

We are having a similar problem with osCRE 6.15.

Installed every change carefully as noted in the attached files.  Even scoured the previous version and found some missing instructions to change the following:

admin/inlcudes/languages/english/products_multi.php

and

/admin/includes/application_top.php

Neither of which were noted in the 2.15 update.

But alas, we have no menu link in our ADMIN area.  Nothing seems to be damaged in any way.  That's a good thing when adding new MODs.  But, as there is no menu link, we cannot verify if the MOD is working nor use it yet.

So, in a nutshell, we need to figure how to get the link into the ADMIN area.  Any ideas folks..???

Thanks, SuperKids

I've just installed this mod on oscmax and the issue seemed to be here for my client's version - The following line is to be added to the catalog.php -

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_MULTI . '</a><br>' .

However the format for adding links in this version is using: tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_MULTI) .

However that does not work. I ended up using the first example and adding it in this manner:

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED).

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_MULTI . '</a>');

Now the link shows up. Also if you have admin controller installed you will need to add the file, products_multi.php to the admin files table in the database to have access to the new function.

Now all that said... I have it installed and all seems to be working, but I must not be doing something right. I have a massive amount of subcategories that I need to link products also listed in the main categories to. I choose the products showing in the main list by clicking the check mark next to the product, then click on the folder next to the subcategory to link them to. The screen refreshes showing the subcategory name, a link or move to selection and a go button. I click the "go" in order to copy the selected items.. but nothing happens. No products are linked. Am I doing something wrong here? I really need this function or I will grow old and grey before I get all the products properly related.

Thanks in advance for any light anyone could shed on its operation with me.

Ruth in AZ

I've just installed this mod on oscmax and the issue seemed to be here for my client's version -  The following line is to be added to the catalog.php -

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_MULTI . '</a><br>' .

However the format for adding links in this version is using: tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI, BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_MULTI) . 

However that does not work.  I ended up using the first example and adding it in this manner: 

tep_admin_files_boxes(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED).

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_MULTI . '</a>');

Now the link shows up.  Also if you have admin controller installed you will need to add the file, products_multi.php to the admin files table in the database to have access to the new function.

Now all that said... I have it installed and all seems to be working, but I must not be doing something right.  I have a massive amount of subcategories that I need to link products also listed in the main categories to.  I choose the products showing in the main list by clicking the check mark next to the product, then click on the folder next to the subcategory to link them to.  The screen refreshes showing the subcategory name, a link or move to selection and a go button.  I click the "go" in order to copy the selected items.. but nothing happens.  No products are linked.  Am I doing something wrong here?  I really need this function or I will grow old and grey before I get all the products properly related.

Thanks in advance for any light anyone could shed on its operation with me.

Ruth in AZ

I figured out my issue... lol... my product list is so long I wasn't seeing the correct menu. It works in oscMax if anyone is interested!! Yea!!!

• 4 weeks later...

This is a brilliant mod. Thanks to all who contributed.

There are some bugs in the layout of 2 files from v2.15 so I recommend downloading v2.1 as well.

Use these two files below (from v2.1) to replace the files with the same name from v2.15

* admin/includes/languages/english/products_multi.php

* admin/products_multi.php

Also use a plain text editor (like notepad, as opposed to Word) when editing the files that need changes.

Thanks again. The multiple delete function saved me hours of work. Should've been more careful when uploading with EasyPopulate :P

It'll be nice to see both contrib's included in the next version.

Archived