• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

move, copy and delete multiple products in one step

hi all,

i've developped a simple tool to move, delete and copy multiple products in one step.

Anybody interested?

Where can i send it to for public download?

sr

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I have attempted an install but have found that you have a "categories_status" in your categories table that I do not seem to have.

Is this a part of this contrib, or another?

As you can probably tell, I am not a coder, and hope that this question is not so simple to solve that I look like an idiot.

Oh yea, could you please place a link in the contributions listing to this forum topic, so any new users can find this without an in-depth search.

This is the result I get in the Admin:

1054 - Unknown column 'c.categories_status' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.categories_status from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

Thanks

Hi,

oh! Sorry! Well - another great feature of mine: I can deactivate whole categories. That's what the table cell categories_status stands for.

Now I've staged an update without this table cell. It should work well, I guess.

Please, webmaster, you can throw the first version away. Or can I do that myself?

greetings

Stefan

Version 2.0 of the tool out now (includes an extended delete capability).

And, by the way, all of you who work with the osc 2.2MS2 should consider that the function tep_array_merge is now just array_merge in MS2.

I've written some remarks on the use of the tool down at the bottom of the page of the tool. And I recommend reading them once again, especially while using the delete feature of the tool. (People have mailed me, wondering why their products had been deleted or even haven't completely been deleted but not to be seen any more, without warning. Well - I have warned them, haven't I?)

greetings

sr

wow, you must have read my mind... in the future... or something like that! :lol:

I was busy moving crap around today and really really really would have appreciated this about 6 hours ago! But now that I've found it I'll take a look. It's definitely something that I was going to look at coding after my annoying experience this afternoon...

Good job!

-al

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you for the nice Add-On.

Can I delete categories with this Add-On?

I Can define Products but no Categories.

Categories where for me the best.

THX

snopy

PS: My English ist Bat, Iam german. Sorry

• 1 month later...

Hello, I have installed this contr and i see the link in admin catalog but when i press it it takes me to a "page not found" please help where as i would love for this mod.

Please help!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice mod, quick install, played with it a little and it appears to be working good and looks very useful. I have a OSC 2.2 1/28/03 daily release.

Instructions could be a little more clear for newbies but overall very good contrib.

Re: "admin - copy, move and delete multiple products" contribution, for the author or anyone using it (my apologies for such a long post)...

I'd really like to use/install this contribution, but I simply cannot properly follow the included install instructions. Is someone able to explain these install steps a little more clearly? No offense is intended, but, as someone who is still a "newbie" to php/css, the following is how I "see" the install steps:

1. This is clear enough, I think.

2. Does this link belong in admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php?

3. Products_multi.php define goes into admin/includes/application_top.php?

4. What? Two new stylesheets? Are these supposed to be put into admin/includes/stylesheet.css?

5. See number 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Install steps from "products_mulit.txt":

2003-07-31 / sr / [email protected]

products_multi.php / version 2.0

tool for deleting / copying / moving multiple products based on categories.php

1. - copy the file products_multi.php to the admin-dir and the language-files in the corresponding dirs (rename them there to products_multi.php).

2. - link it to catalog.php with a line like:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">multi prods move/copy</a><br>' .

3. - insert to application_top.php somewhere at the files-defs:

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_MULTI', 'products_multi.php');

4. - two new stylesheets for a good warning:

.dataTableContentRed { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #CC0000; }

.dataTableContentRedAlert { font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color: #FF0000; font-weight: bold; }

5. - gif in dir: images/icons

the gif and some ideas how to develop the tool i owe to the wonderful phpMyAdmin-application.

have fun testing and keep me informed if you have developped it further

sr

NB!

the function tep_array_merge seems to be missing in some newer versions of the osc-shop, esp. oscommerce-2.2ms2

well - here it is, please add it to the /admin/includes/functions/general.php :

function tep_array_merge($array1, $array2, $array3 = '') {

if ($array3 == '') $array3 = array();

if (function_exists('array_merge')) {

$array_merged = array_merge($array1, $array2, $array3);

} else {

while (list($key, $val) = each($array1)) $array_merged[$key] = $val;

while (list($key, $val) = each($array2)) $array_merged[$key] = $val;

if (sizeof($array3) > 0) while (list($key, $val) = each($array3)) $array_merged[$key] = $val;

}

return (array) $array_merged;

}

then everything should work well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This contribution appears to be one of the more USEFUL and well-put-together contributions, and it looks like it would be important to have on hand when it comes time to adding or removing products from a site. Contributions (like this) that save TIME are of utmost importance, I think.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you :) .

Sorry for the post here

I have a problem with the install - the last post said that there were explanations required

can someone pls reply as i am missing a require or define call somewhere as I get the following error at the top of multi_products.php with this really useful tool

TABLE_HEADING_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS (Prod.-No.) / TABLE_HEADING_STATUS TABLE_HEADING_ACTION

thanks

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

• 2 months later...

Nice tool.

Perhaps it can include list products by last update?

I import a list of my current products from another database in bulk. The problem is on the osC database I can't see which are the old products.

This way when I import all my current products I can see which are old products by those that were not updated and then select them all for deletion.

At the moment I have to use a list and go through all the products and delete one by one.

Hi, I would like to use this contrim, but as another person said earlier, the instructions are very ambigous for Newbies. I can't follow the included instructions at all. Could someone please offer a more detailed, simpler set of install instructions? Please. Pretty Please! :)

Thanks,

Dazed and confused :blink:

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have this contribution installed and running but am experiencing a problem. When I copy a product to one or more categories, more than one of the same product shows up in my Featured Items for Month x section of my store. This happens even with the link option selected when making the copy. Each copy is being seen by osCommerce as an individual product. Any help is appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great contribution. Definetly one of the most useful of all the contributions. Should really be part of the next release.

Thanks to Stefan. very excellent super tool.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all GREAT CONTRIBUTION! I've been using it for some time now and it works great.

Now to my question . . .

I've upgraded my store with the b2b suite (incl. separate pricing per customer). And now when i trie to use the mulit move I just get a header and no products . . .

anoyone got any ideas?

/Lars

• 5 weeks later...

I've gone through the installation procedures, and the "multi prods move/copy" option is showing up in my admin menus. But when I click on the link, it lands me at admin/forbiden.php, and says "No Right Permission Access

?Please contact your Web Administrator to request

?more access or if you found any problem."

I checked the permissions on products_multi.php and even tried making it 777, but still got the same error. Anyone know how to fix it? I need to delete heaps of products and am a bit stuck.

Thanks,

Greg

• 1 month later...
I've gone through the installation procedures, and the "multi prods move/copy" option is showing up in my admin menus. But when I click on the link, it lands me at admin/forbiden.php, and says "No Right Permission Access

?Please contact your Web Administrator to request

?more access or if you found any problem."

I checked the permissions on products_multi.php and even tried making it 777, but still got the same error. Anyone know how to fix it? I need to delete heaps of products and am a bit stuck.

Thanks,

Greg

Sounds like you have Admin Acess with Levels installed. Try looking at admin/file access and giving yourself access to the files if this is the case.

David

First of all GREAT CONTRIBUTION! I've been using it for some time now and it works great.

Now to my question . . .

I've upgraded my store with the b2b suite (incl. separate pricing per customer). And now when i trie to use the mulit move I just get a header and no products . . .

anoyone got any ideas?

/Lars

I have the same problem on my very modified store which does not include B2BSuite. (I have Faqdesk, Newsdesk,Print Order, Shop by Price w/ Admin, SaleMaker, Easypopulate,Specials on mainpage by default, XSell, Admin Levels w/ Access controll, Information Manager and much more).

David

Archived