• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Disable Right Click

And what, exactly, is the use of "disabling" the right click apart from annoying your customers?

Please don't say "to prevent downloading images from the site", as these images are already downloaded when displayed in the browser window.

People who want to save stuff to their hard disk won't be stopped by some silly attempt to "disable" the right mouse button, for everybody else it's a PITA, no more no less.

This space for rent

Some in another post requested it so I did it for them and I thought I might aswell contribute it, as others may also want to use it.

-Matt

I understand that people want it, and thanks for creating and contributing it for those people.

I do agree with Peter though, that it's a PITA for just about everyone...

These people who want this feature should really be told how much of a PITA it is... but they wanted it, you created it, thanks for your efforts... though I personally don't use the feature.

My $0.02 worth...

Tony

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

No, I dont use it either, the only reason I created was for this one person and I thought I might aswell contribute just incase others where looking for it.

-Matt

Thx for the contribution. this is a good contribution. Because my friend have some grahpic and its copyrighted. and they don't want them to download any picture off his website without premission. and using it for themselve.. I must says..

thansk

Please don't say "to prevent downloading images from the site", as these images are already downloaded when displayed in the browser window.

People who want to save stuff to their hard disk won't be stopped by some silly attempt to "disable" the right mouse button.

David,

As per the above post, make sure you and your friend know that the 'Disable Right Click' isn't foolproof. Nothing to do with the way this module is created, but ANYWHERE that uses 'Disable Right Click' isn't foolproof. If someone wants your images, they will get them...

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Thx for the contribution. this is a good contribution. Because my friend have some grahpic and its copyrighted. and they don't want them to download any picture off his website without premission. and using it for themselve.. I must says..

thansk

np I thought it would be able to help some people.

-Matt

• 2 years later...