• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Aust post 1.7.1 problems

fubu

Hi,

I've installed Aust post 1.7.1. I'm getting warnings up the top of the page, could someone please help? Thanks in advance!

Warning: file(http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=2000&Destination_Postcode=2136&Country=US&Weight=3300&Service_Type=Air&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1) [function.file]: failed to create stream: HTTP request failed! ??!?t? in C:Program FilesAbyss Web Serverhtdocscatalogincludesmodulesshippingauspostair.php on line 67

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:Program FilesAbyss Web Serverhtdocscatalogincludesmodulesshippingauspostair.php on line 68

Normally this only happens when your server can't connect to the Austpost server.

You will see the same screen if you're testing on a local server that isn't connected to the internet.

Does it consitantly give you this error, or just some of the time?

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

I'm testing this on localhost which have internet access. When I stick the problem URL (http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=2000&Destination_Postcode=2136&Country=US&Weight=3300&Service_Type=Air&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1) reported into the web browser, I get the following:

charge=60 days=10 err_msg=OK

so it should work but somehow isn't.

• 5 months later...

Hey fubu, I'm not too sure if this will help your particular problem but it may help others...

I came accross the same error and it was caused because a customer from Canada put their post code in with a space ie. P6C 6B6. This caused an error as the auspostair.php script doesn't account for spaces. so you would either need to put a note on the account signup screen or put a little extra script in the auspostair.php :)

For interests sake I added a line to the auspostair.php :

After this line # 66

$url = "http://drc.edeliver.com.au/ratecalc.asp?Pickup_Postcode=$frompcode&Destination_Postcode=$topcode&Country=$dest_country&Weight=$sweight&Service_Type=Air&Height=100&Width=100&Length=100&Quantity=1";

Added this line

$url = str_replace(' ', "", $url); //removing whitepsace