• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Affiliate-Branding on MS2 Need some help PLEASE

Howdy all:

Thank you Henery for fixing the Osc-affilliate contrib. Got it running sweet as can be. Needed to add the affiliate branding contrib on top of that to satisfy my partners. Now that is one confused piece of code! Tried methods 1 and 2. Got all the permmission denied bugs out of the way but I guess the code between MS1 and MS2 are just too different for it to set up. I looked at the code in admin.diff and in install.sh and said to my self: This is way over my head! I kept getting strange things like ---: command not found, +++: command not found, @@: command not found, (didn't even know those were commands) and then the syntax errors started popping up. I love a puzzle but this is one that needs someone with a lot more knowledge than I have. :?

I hope that someone out there needs this contrib as much as I do and has the time to edit it and get it running. If you do please update the contrib and I sure would appreciate one of the first copies you send out.

Am very impressed with MS2 even with the changes required to make some of the older contribs run. I was able to edit several of the simpler ones and am very pleased with the results.

But this contrib has me whipped and I have to admit my skills just aren't up to it. :(

Kudos for everyone that helps to make this one of the best supported projects in the Open Source community. If you don't believe me just go to SourceForge and look at how many never even get an Alpha version written much less a very useable product such as this one. :!:

Wonder what is in store for MS3???????

ElLeonBlanco

"The man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery." James Joyce (1882?1941)

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the same boat that you are. My php skills aren't quite up to par with the rest of these folks...but I am learning :wink: . I have tried the same methods you have tried with no success. I spent hours using (beyond compare) a free script comparing utility, to try and figure out what the relationships were between the two.

I think my first problem was, do I edit the files or write over them and replace them with the files from the Affiliate-Branding contrib?

I tried several combinations, and came to the conclusion that I was spinning my wheels. I'm afraid this is over my head too.

Anyone know of any php crash courses?

I'm sure some php wiz will find a few snipets of code to change in it, and then it will work fine with MS2.

Also, can someone generally explain what the branding utility will do? Does it actually create the affiliate page? Or do you have to set up a folder with certain files to create it?

Thanks everyone for all your work and time. If you are like me, I know how time consuming and fun it could be all in one. Just don't let it get the best of you.

Shadow

.:) shadowmaxss (:.

shadowmaxss dot com/portal

I love loaded osc distros

Howdy!

I guess you can count me in this group as well. I would love to run this mod, but I am running MS2 and it does not seem to be compatable. :-( Is there anyone out there that has successfuly installed this under the new MS2??

PLEASE HELP!!!

I really need this one too! Problem is I just don't know where to start. I was thinking of going backwards to an earlier version that works.. but then mis out on the advantages of MS2.2 (2). I don't care much other than to have the SID problem fixed. Does anyone have OSC affiliate, affiliate branding, & SID killer working on one install? Thats all I need. Unless somone knows when the branding mod will be updated.

Jantz