• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contirbution Update] Header Tags Controller 2 for MS 2.2

Farrukh

• 1 month later...

Installed on 2.2MS2. I installed according to the instructions am getting the following error:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pigtails/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 14

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pigtails/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 14

Installed on 2.2MS2. I installed according to the instructions am getting the following error:

Warning: main(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/pigtails/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 14

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_FUNCTIONSheader_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/pigtails/public_html/includes/application_top.php on line 14

You are missing the header_tags.php file

It wasnt the header_tags.php the instructions for the code to install on application_top were wrong.

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// Also used by: WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

I made it read:

require('functions/header_tags.php');

require('functions/clean_html_comments.php'); and it worked,

maybe it was just the new version

• 3 weeks later...

When I add meta's to a particular product through the Edit Boxes in the edit product section of the admin tool, I get this strange error :

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/osskins/public_html/includes/header_tags.php on line 79

When installed Header Tags Controller 2.1 for MS 2.2 I get the following errors:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /opt/guide/www.domainname.com/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:13) in /opt/guide/www.domainname.com/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 13

Also I am using STS 1.6.

Anyone got an idea how to solve this.

THNX in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'functions/header_tags.php' (include_path='') in /home/sites/site5/web/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 26

I rewrite with Matt code but still no work, please help me how to fix this ???

I'm using Header Tags Controller v2.0.

:(

~ @ Everything in your Hands @ ~

• 1 month later...

TABLE CHANGES:

Add the following new fields to products_description table. NOTE: The lengths can be anything you perfer to use.

products_head_title_tag varchar 80

products_head_desc_tag longtext 300

products_head_keywords_tag longtext 300

I don't know where is the products_description table. Which file do I look in??

Thanks

I don't know where is the products_description table.  Which file do I look in??

It's not in any php files, these are fields to be added to the products_description table in your MySQL database.

My host has Cpanel, so I ran PHPMyAdmin to modify the database. Took me a while to figure it out, since php and MySQL are new to me - just hacking my way (and blowing it up) as I learn. ;)

• 8 months later...

I m being lazy right now, also it's 2am and I can't see anymore.

Proper SEO requires your meta to be the following order in your code of your page.

1. Title

2. Keywords

3. Description

Currently with this mod I have it as

1. Description

2. Kewords

3. Title

I've tryed switching the order in headertags.php and nothing happens.

Anyone got any tricks to share? Really appreciated.

Many Blessings and warmest regards to anyone that can help.

Thanks,

Brad