• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

XMembers behaving oddly

kokuryu

Hello!

Has anyone else noticed that the discounts calculated by XMEMBERS is incorrect, or is it just me? For the life of us, we cannot figure out what formula XMEMBERS is supposedly using to calculate the discounts. The discounts seem to be all offset by a set amount. It is not any combo of the sub-total, taxes or shipping that we can think of. And the low order fee is turned off, so it should not even be adding that, but even that does not make the amount it is off by.

Also, where is the Admin front end for XMEMBERS to we can assign a customer to be a member?

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

:twisted:

xmembers odd results

I to have noticed that this module in various configurations of sort, or in various settings seems to come up with:

incorrect tax amount - seems to try to take the sub-total amount as the taxable amount even when the results show the member discount. and sorted to recalculate

when is 10% of $70 = $7.49

Basically the list goes on, something somewhere seems to either not be turned on, turned off, or an error in adding and subtraction after the member discount is given.

Would like to know if anyone else has this problem as well, as I have spent a few hours now on something that seems to have been working for others up till just recently, was there an error in the last version of this module that needs a patch???

Have at it, if I could explain in graphic detail, I would be able to resolve the problem..... :twisted:

• 5 weeks later...

Don't have a solution just yet but here is my story:

Have options to include tax and shipping set to false

Have option to recalcuate tax set to true

In this situation you must set this modules sort order higher than the tax and shipping modules.

Here's a sample order to illustrate the "wierd" behavior (discount is 10%):

Sub-Total: $585.00

Member Discount: $63.62 (this should be $58.50)

UPS Ground: $42.63

IL Tax 8.75%: 46.07

Total: $615.20

Everything above is correct except for the member discount value. The strange thing is that the code is calculating correctly with the variable that holds the discount value set to 58.50

585 - 58.5 = 526.50

526.5 * 8.75% = 46.07 (correct value for recalculated tax)

526.5 + 46.07 + 42.63 = 615.20 (correct value for total)

My eyes are too tired to keep looking at code right now...

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

Download the contribution here:

UPS Tracking

I finally removed it today....couldn't figger out how to make a customer a "member".

When posting an order, it never deducted anything for me.

Kept removing and adding it in again, thinking I must have made an error.

I'm with Heliosquare.....my eyes, my eyes! :blink:

But tomorrow is another day.......

wendy, did you alter the customers table to add the check_flag field? If not you need to do that. To make a customer a member you have to manually do so via the database (phpmyadmin, command line...) There is also an Admin add-on that someone else wrote that allows you to control membership via the Admin.

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

UPS Tracking

Glad to hear you got it working. If you are using the code "as-is" then it probably isn't calculating the values correctly (unless you choose to not recalculate tax). No idea where you live but in the US it is illegal to NOT recalculate the tax...you can only charge sales tax against the actual amount the customer is paying. With that said, there is another thread that explains a code-fix:

CLICK HERE

Here is what you want to change in ot_xmembers.php:

in the function calculate_credit() comment out the following line:

$od_amount = $od_amount + $tod_amount;

then below the commented line add:

$order->info['total'] -= $tod_amount;

Do you ship UPS?

UPS Tracking