• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

A new version has been uploaded. It contains the following changes:

- Fixed mistakes in the install instructions.

- Fixed problem with the specials page where the default keywords were always being appended to the keywords string, regardless of the HTKA setting.

- Fixed typo in includes/header_tags.php for about us section.

- Fixed code in admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php file for write function - misspelled variable

- Fixed spelling mistake in includes/header_tags.php for product_reviews.

- Added fix to index code so the category and manufacturer descriptions cover the whole width of the page (per fix mentioned on the forum).

- Added German and Spanish files provided in other versions.

- Added missing code in includes/languages/english/header_tags.php for products_reviews_write.php.

- Added new switch option, HTPA, for product_info page. When set, the category name for the product will be added to the title and meta tags.

- Added option to check permissions settings.

- Removed debug statement from header_tags_controller.php file.

- Removed code for products_all in includes/header_tags.php since it is for an out-dated contribution.

- Changed code in Page Control to prevent deletion of special case pages.

- Changed code to allow page names with a dash to be added in Page Control.

- Changed fill tags code to account for error found by drachenpaps.

- Cleaned up instructions, removed unused code from files.

Jack

Jack,

Thanks so much for doing this. It fixed the problem that I have been working on for almost two weeks. Now the 3 contributions HTC, Ultimate SEO, and Product-Short Descriptions work great.

Rick

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE HELP !

Receive an error when opening "catalog" in admin.....

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/o/xxxxxxx.nl/HTML/admin/categories.php on line 744

Can somebody tell me whats wrong in here (line 744 is in bold)

<!-- HTC BOC //-->

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];

$products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];

$products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

// HTC EOC

I'm getting the same exact error. I used my Beyond Compare software to match the codes, double checked the install instructions, and am still getting a parse error... did you find the answer to your problem? Here's the line my error is on: Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/XXXXXX/admin/categories.php on line 789:

<!-- HTC BOC //-->

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];

$products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];

$products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

// HTC EOC

Header Tags should work with any shop. Although in most templates, you have to edit the code more than is in the instructions to get it to fully work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Please help!

I was asking before about the file allprods.php and I can not find it anywhere. It is giving me an error message in the text control section of the header tags admin. I still need advice on this but...

now I've come across an even bigger problem.... after I installed the header tags the website was working fine for the product pages and displaying the "product name" now after I try and edit the tags individually for each product I update the page then the product name disappears. I can't get it to show again either. I tried just clicking on another product and then not editing it at all but just updating it and again the product name disappears. Please help, i am totally lost on what to do. Thank you.

Meredith

Hi everybody,

I installed the latest version (26 Nov) and in the Admin section I now get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getpermissions() in /home/tennants/public_html/cleaning/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 20

Could anybody please help? I went through the install instructions several times and cannot find what I am doing wrong?

The permissions for catalog/includes/header_tags.php and

catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php have also been set so I cannot imagine why it is giving me this message

Many thanks in advance

Please help!

I was asking before about the file allprods.php and I can not find it anywhere. It is giving me an error message in the text control section of the header tags admin. I still need advice on this but...

now I've come across an even bigger problem.... after I installed the header tags the website was working fine for the product pages and displaying the "product name" now after I try and edit the tags individually for each product I update the page then the product name disappears. I can't get it to show again either. I tried just clicking on another product and then not editing it at all but just updating it and again the product name disappears. Please help, i am totally lost on what to do. Thank you.

Meredith

This has been mentioned several times and each time it turned out to be a mistake in the admin/categories.php file. You can replace your file with the one in the contribution just to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then comapre the two files to see where the problem is at.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi everybody,

I installed the latest version (26 Nov) and in the Admin section I now get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getpermissions() in /home/tennants/public_html/cleaning/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 20

Could anybody please help? I went through the install instructions several times and cannot find what I am doing wrong?

The permissions for catalog/includes/header_tags.php and

catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php have also been set so I cannot imagine why it is giving me this message

Many thanks in advance

That function is in the admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php file. Be sure you have uploaded it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all, One quick note. I think this is a great idea and a super contribution - Thanks! The only problem is that it does not seem compatible with oscommerce-2.2ms2

I did install Easy Populater 2.79b-MS2 first and then tried this after, but not sure if that was an issue. Unfortunately I am not a programmer. I can follow instruction (such as edits), but cannot create them. I should have copied down the error messages. But it said something about a T seperator being invalid. (Only the catagories.php files appeared broken and caused problems.)

I actually tried 3 times butto no avail, so I hope someone has a newer version up their sleeve? That would be nice.

This makes me wonder if there is an issue with the edits of the categories.php files.

I hope any other with issues could help out?

That would be welcomed. Thank you!

Hello,

I've a little problem with your contribution.

When I go to product_info.php, the meta-tags are these by default.

How changing this ?

Sorry for my language, I'm French.

This has been mentioned several times and each time it turned out to be a mistake in the admin/categories.php file. You can replace your file with the one in the contribution just to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then comapre the two files to see where the problem is at.

Jack

The file you are refering to "admin/categories.php is not in the contribution, i am working with an existing shop. I noticed there was one in the one for "new shops only", I used it and it fixed the problem with the product name not show up but I am still having problems with the allprods.php issue. Can you help me with this?

Hi all, One quick note. I think this is a great idea and a super contribution - Thanks! The only problem is that it does not seem compatible with oscommerce-2.2ms2

I did install Easy Populater 2.79b-MS2 first and then tried this after, but not sure if that was an issue. Unfortunately I am not a programmer. I can follow instruction (such as edits), but cannot create them. I should have copied down the error messages. But it said something about a T seperator being invalid. (Only the catagories.php files appeared broken and caused problems.)

I actually tried 3 times butto no avail, so I hope someone has a newer version up their sleeve? That would be nice.

This makes me wonder if there is an issue with the edits of the categories.php files.

I hope any other with issues could help out?

That would be welcomed. Thank you!

Header Tags works fine with almost all contributions. The error you mention indicates a mistake in the categories.php file. You can use the one in the contribution, if oyu haven't made any other changes to the file, or you can use it to compare with yours.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I've a little problem with your contribution.

When I go to product_info.php, the meta-tags are these by default.

How changing this ?

Sorry for my language, I'm French.

I don't understand what the problem is but did you run Fill Tags?

Kacl

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I've installed the STS w/HeaderTags and it appears that the Header Tags are not working. It's probably some stupid thing I'm doing wrong but when I go to text control, the titles allprods, index, product_info, etc are all in red and the text I put in those boxes is not showing up. The only thing that's working for me are the defaults. I also tried to choose "Fill products meta description with Products Description?" but it's not working either. Can you please help me?

It sounds like you didn't make the change to the head section of those files as explained in Install_Catalog.txt.

Jack

Arrrg! I thought this would have already been done since the STS came w/ the Header Tags! :'(

Ok, I made the changes specified in Install_Catalog.txt but now I'm getting an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /homepages/9/d98284952/htdocs/baby/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:13) in /homepages/9/d98284952/htdocs/baby/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 13

I know it says to change some things in the sts_output.php file but I can't find it????

I can't help you with STS. You could post the question in the support thread for STS or download the version of STS that comes with Header Tags installed and compare the differences.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Arrrg! I thought this would have already been done since the STS came w/ the Header Tags! :'(

Ok, I made the changes specified in Install_Catalog.txt but now I'm getting an error:

I know it says to change some things in the sts_output.php file but I can't find it????

I think you screwed up the bundled version by not following the instructions that came with the bundle to make the two co-exist together. You can not install the full version of HTC along with STS and not have problems.

The bundled version will make HTC work fully as long as you have followed the supplied instructions. It appears you are missing some files. You also either did not add the following code to your catalog/includes/header_tags.php file:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

You may have also forgot to set the correct permissions to the files mentioned in the install text.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I think you screwed up the bundled version by not following the instructions that came with the bundle to make the two co-exist together. You can not install the full version of HTC along with STS and not have problems.

The bundled version will make HTC work fully as long as you have followed the supplied instructions. It appears you are missing some files. You also either did not add the following code to your catalog/includes/header_tags.php file:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

You may have also forgot to set the correct permissions to the files mentioned in the install text.

Ok, I'm tired of messing with this. Can someone do this for me? I'll pay. But does it mean I will lose my template and images and the other contributions I've had installed?

:D For users of the Simple Template System and the great Header Tags Controller contributions:

I have bundled STSv4.3.2 and the latest version of HTCv2.6.0 into one seamless installation. You can find it on the STS contribution site.

It includes update documentation as well as all of the updates and fixes for both contributions. Because of the file size 300k limit at oscommerce.com, you will need to download two files: one with the files, the other with the documentation.

This contribution has not been a rush job, but one of intense testing and ease of use. :blink:

A special thanks to Jack for the recent updates to HTCv2.6.0. :thumbsup:

Enjoy!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Just installed the latest vers 261

Spend a long time doing that - and I got it to work----

but,

I'm using Maxi DVD HTML Editor on my manufacturers.php and categories.php page....?

All is gone? And i cannot get to upload pictures exactly where i want to - as I'm used to

Can anybody explain to me how and perhaps what code NOT to change to keep my upload fields as they were - please

Helle :-)

Exstra questions:

1) When I click on txt control / "Header Tags - English" I can't change language to Danish

2) When I reenter Fill Tags / Header Tags - Fill Tags - it doesn't remember what I chose last time?

Is that surposed to be like that??

Helle :-) *fightning with this*

Just installed the latest vers 261

Spend a long time doing that - and I got it to work----

but,

I'm using Maxi DVD HTML Editor on my manufacturers.php and categories.php page....?

All is gone? And i cannot get to upload pictures exactly where i want to - as I'm used to

Can anybody explain to me how and perhaps what code NOT to change to keep my upload fields as they were - please

Helle :-)

got it - used vers 260 for install *maybe I'm too tired - but this worked*