osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Hi,

I'm trying to add tags for a new page, but keep getting the following error:

Page name is invalid -> canon-pixma-ink-cartridges

Any idea what may be wrong?

I'm pretty sure my permissions are set correctly.

Floob.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jack

Found the parts for products. Great stuff.

I understand about the switch part you explained but what is HTDA HTKA and HTCA all about?

Thanks

HTDA - description

HTKA - keywords

HTCA - categories

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I'm trying to add tags for a new page, but keep getting the following error:

Page name is invalid -> canon-pixma-ink-cartridges

Any idea what may be wrong?

I'm pretty sure my permissions are set correctly.

Floob.

I tried it here and it worked OK. Are you adding the name as shown: canon-pixma-ink-cartridges?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All,

I have just installed this contrib. All went well until i tried to fill header tags :-( I recieve the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select categories_name, categories_id, categories_htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag, language_id from categories_description where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I noice a few similar posts to this, but none with this exact error. Can someone please advise where i may of gone wrong please.

Many Thanks

Mike A

I tried it here and it worked OK. Are you adding the name as shown: canon-pixma-ink-cartridges?

Jack

Yep - tried with and without .php

This also exists in the 'Check Missing pages' option.

This is a new page I have created with a definition in the filenames.php and has an equivalent file in the /languages/... directory.

Still getting invalid message. Any ideas? Permissions / Filename / File Content ?

Floob.

It means your database doesn't have the required chanes. Did you run the included database file?

Jack

Jack

Ahh thanks jack - i had run the install, but youve helped me notice my mistake. I had copied my catalog folder to a development folder (so i can test installs first) i hadnt repointed the admin configure.php to the development database. It therefore couldnt find the updates as they arent in my live databse yet.

Thanks for your help

MikeA

Hi,

I just installed Ultimate SEO urls and Header tags 2.5.9.1 and I get the following error in the admin section:

Warning: call_user_func(tep_reset_cache_data_seo_urls) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/tennants/public_html/cleaning/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1199

Could someone please advise how this could be fixed?

Thanks

Marinda

My guess is that Ultimate SEO is not installed correctly. This isn't a Header Tags problem though. You should ask in the Ultimate SEO support thread if going back through the insttructions doesn't help you find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed Header Tags V2.5.9.1 . I am getting no error codes but my Product Tags are not getting updated. I get the default on each page. My Category, Manufacturer, and Product Header Titles and description displayed on my pages are fine, but no Meta changes.

I have compared the code, reinstalled the vanilla categories.php and still no update. Any suggestions on where to look for the problem. I do have the Product_Short_description installed which modifies admin/Categories.php, but the code seems clean.

Also one other oddity that I noticed, when I update a category or sub-category and click update I need to reselect the image or I lose it. Could this indicate a problem?

I have searched the forums for some assistance and have come up blank.

THanks in advance for any thoughts.

Rick

Hi there

i seem to have developed a problem.

In my add products section I now no longer have the 3 header tags boxes to fill in. i have the admin and looking at my pages they seem to contain the data.

Help!!!! What I have I done.

I have recently installed the ulimate SEO URL contribution and then a sitemap contribution so maybe it has something to do with this?

my site is JBO Solutions please help!!

Thanks a lot

Olly

Did you run fill tags? Are you using STS?

Jack

I'm not using STS. I ran fill tags when I first installed HTC a while back and it was all working well. These new contribs that I installed yesterday work well except I am missing these 3 boxes in my admin now.

Thanks

Hi there

i seem to have developed a problem.

In my add products section I now no longer have the 3 header tags boxes to fill in. i have the admin and looking at my pages they seem to contain the data.

That only be due to the admin/catagories.php file. Try comparing yours to the one included in the contribution to find what has changed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That only be due to the admin/catagories.php file. Try comparing yours to the one included in the contribution to find what has changed.

Jack

ok, great. I know one of these contribs definitely changed part of this file so I will do this now.

Thanks a lot

Jack

Hi Jack. This solvdd the problem. Thanks a lot.

Going back to the switches. I really don;t understand them. As i manually fill in all the tags on my products shall I just have them all switched off?

Thanks

The switches just attaches the default title and/or meta tags. If you want them attached to the ones you enter, enable the switches. If not, then don't enable them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

hmm, I just tried a page with no '-' in the name and it worked fine.

Any idea why hyphens would not work on my install but they do on yours?

Would it be the way I defined them in filename.php - or something else?

It should not allow it. I just tested it again and found that I had that code disabled for testing purposes. I had put checks in to prevent certain filenames from being entered since they break the code in includes/header_tags.php. I'm sorry for the confusion.

But I don't think the tags for that page will display properly since the code for the page is built from the name entered. Since the name is not valid (not a real filename), the code will not find the right section to load. You would need to change the section of code for that page in includes/header_tags.php for it to work properly.

What happens is that if you enter a name like test-file, the code generates the defined filename for it, which comes out as

FILENAME_TEST-FILE

which is invalid. But if you enter it in as testfile, the generated code is

FILENAME_TESTFILE

which is invalid. The correct definition should be

FILENAME_TEST_FILE

So I need to change the code to handle these better. But in the meantime, you will need to edit the file so the names are correct.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

PLEASE HELP !

Receive an error when opening "catalog" in admin.....

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/o/xxxxxxx.nl/HTML/admin/categories.php on line 744

Can somebody tell me whats wrong in here (line 744 is in bold)

<!-- HTC BOC //-->

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];

$products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];

$products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

// HTC EOC

Grtz

HanZ

-----------

Life is simple, only people make it complicated...

Louis Couperus, Dutch writer (1863-1923)

Hi All,

I can?t bring category and products tags to work.

Although, I received confirmation that: All Category tags have been filled. and All Product tags have been filled. I can?t get them to work. All what I got is a default or empty setting. I played with HTCA in all possible ways. There are no errors. All features are installed: for products - 3 boxes,

Fill Tags, Text Control and Page control.

What's wrong?

Andrew

Hi

Just installed ver 2.5.9 . all went ok , a few probs but most worked out.

Noticed this was a problem for me though...

in the admin install instructions...

Around line 394, find this lines

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

Replace with the following

//HTC BOC
  if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

A ! found its way in on that replace line , don't know if it's supposed to be there , but i got an error with it in place.

anyone have HTC working with Tinymce installed for product descriptions?

My HTC tag entry boxes have all turned into WYSIWYG editors :o , they work ok , but i now have 4 Tinymce boxes all lined up on my product info page in admin :blink: and its a bit overkill ...

i tried changing the HTC entries "tep_draw_textarea_field" in admin catagories to "tep_draw_input_field" , this removed the tinymce boxes , but left the text "soft" pre filled and although i can enter new tags that do show on the pages , they aren't remembered when i return to admin...they just revert back to "soft".

can i edit other files to have these as input fields rather that text area ?

cheers

PLEASE HELP !

Receive an error when opening "catalog" in admin.....

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/o/xxxxxxx.nl/HTML/admin/categories.php on line 744

Can somebody tell me whats wrong in here (line 744 is in bold)

<!-- HTC BOC //-->

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];

$products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];

$products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

// HTC EOC

The problem isn't with that line. There is a mistake earlier in the code that is condusing the parser and it is just picking that as a possible failure. You will need to check the edits you made prior to that line. Using a compare program is an easy way to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All,

I can?t bring category and products tags to work.

Although, I received confirmation that: All Category tags have been filled. and All Product tags have been filled. I can?t get them to work. All what I got is a default or empty setting. I played with HTCA in all possible ways. There are no errors. All features are installed: for products - 3 boxes,

Fill Tags, Text Control and Page control.

What's wrong?

Andrew

Does "I can?t get them to work" refer to them not displaying on the shop side or on the admin side?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does "I can�t get them to work" refer to them not displaying on the shop side or on the admin side?

Jack

Hi Jack ,

Thanks for your prompt response .

Admin side works fine. I am able to write and later on to update: a Title , Description and Keywords.

Shop side doesn’t work.

Andrew