• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Ahoy all. Sorry to break topic here, but I am looking for a way to kinda....slim down.....the headers, tags, etc with this contribution.

Basically, I am selling shirts, hats, sweatshirts, etc. And with the niche group I am selling them to, most of the searches on the web are <band name shirts> or <band name hats>.

The problem I am having is narrowing down the headers to display that header (tags, etc).

My site is http://www.demogoria.com/shop/

If you use the dropdown band list on the top left, and select Acid Bath, I have it displaying "Acid Bath Merchandise" but if you narrow it down (using the button beside the header), it STILL says "Acid Bath Merchandise" rather than "Acid Bath Shirts."

SO, is there a way around that? I would realy like to have them narrowed town more precisely.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You generally set the tags for a main keyword like that on the home page. FOr other pages, the title and meta tags should be set to the product name. If you run Fill Tags, it will handle it for you.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You generally set the tags for a main keyword like that on the home page. FOr other pages, the title and meta tags should be set to the product name. If you run Fill Tags, it will handle it for you.

Jack

Right, but doesn't help dynamically changing subcategories. Setting those fill tags just changes it to whatever you put in at the fill tag. I need the subcategory to dynamically change with what the user clicks.

Maybe I missed something?

Fill Tags filles in each category (and sub-category) with the name of the category, which is the most optimized you can get for most sites. If you want the tags to contain something else, you need to edit the tags in the admin->catalog->category.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

QUOTE(Jack_mcs @ Jul 1 2006, 07:00 AM)

You migh have a cache problem. The titles and meta tags are changing fine when I look at them.

Home PageRada Cutlery category page:

Jack

Jack,

I think this got lost in the topic. If you have a moment please see if anything comes to mind.

That site is using the old version of header tags. Way before all the text control pages and so forth. My new site is prankit.net

I linked to it in the first post and probably should have done so again since this is not the site in my forum profile.

As I said, the mod is working on the shipping, privacy, and conditions pages, but not on index and product pages.

On the text control page, what should go in the lines for product_info? Doesn't this come from product descriptions? I have entered text in the top for 'default'. I also entered text in the section for index.php. This text is showing up in includes/languages/english/header_tags in the index.php section, but only the default text shows up on the actual web page.

Thanks again for looking,

Tim

No, it didn't get lost. I just don't have any other ideas as to the problem other than what has already been mentioned.

Jack

Thanks for looking anyway. It must be an install issue. I am removing it temporarily.

Tim

No, it only uses the default title and tags now (or what you enter in). It's a good idea though. I will put it on the list for the next version.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hiya - Ive done a search and cant find an answer here so wonder if anyone can help me please?

I have this error

Warning: Division by zero in /home/storeuk/public_html/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 84

Warning: Division by zero in /home/storeuk/public_html/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 84

on all my catalog pages

i have installed everything I can think of - set my attributes to 777

Its probably something realy simple ..... please if you do know it would be very helpful

Lea

The instructions say to install the sql and then follow the instructions in the Install_Catalog.txt and to stop there and check it. Was it working at that point or did you skip that part?

Jack

I ran the script, made the changes specified in Install_Catalog.txt, then made the changes specified in Install_Admin.txt.

After I did Install_Catalog.txt, nothing had happened.. nothing was different. Same with after I did Install_Admin.txt. Nothing. :blink:

Like I said, I have a very heavily modified index.php, and some of the lines of text I was to replace were just not there. So I left them out. Do you think that's why it's not working?

-Daniel

The code for the title in <head> setion should have still been there, even in a modified site. And that code is what displays the title. So if your title isn't working, you should look there. With just that code, the few changes made on the shop side and the few files needed for the shop side (ignoring admin, in other words), the title on the index page should change.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've just installed HTC 2.5.9 and overcome an unpleasant problem. After installing I've deleted pages all_prods and products_all in admin, cause the site don't have them. And after trying to apply tags to other pages I've seen np changes. I now what's the problem - in catalog/includes/header_tags.php in main swicth all entries were gone. Not only all_prods that I've deleted but also index.php, product_info.php atd others. I've seen this problem on earlier versions of HTC, but hoped the last will not have them. Do anybody know of this and how to fix it.

I cannot reproduce that problem here. To get your site back to normal, replace the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php files. If the problem still persists with the deletion, you can delete the code from those files manually. The sections are clearly marked so it is a simple thing to do.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm having some trouble with my header tags install... when I try and change the name of a product, no matter what I do, the name will simply disappear and not display when loading the page. It comes up as a completely blank title. Can anyone help please?

Hy there,

maybe i`m wrong or blind but i cant get these link in my categorie box:

$categories_string .= '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS) . '"><b>' . ALL_PRODUCTS_LINK . "</b></a>\n";

The same with that one:

change to:

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ALL_PRODUCTS) . '" class="headerNavigation">' . BOX_HEADING_CATEGORIES . '</a><br>' );

In both situations are no link displayed. Some ideas?

Thanks and regards from Germany

slicks

Found one more odd thing - HTC can't work if the shop is not in the document root. I've added to it a page (filename pages.php), and what I got - there are four entries in includes/header_tags.php - pages.php; catalog/pages.php; /catalog/pages.php and again pages.php. Path to catalog in DOCUMENT_ROOT/catalog/pages.php.

Hello,

Sorry if this is an obvious oversight. I have installed the Header Tags controller and it is working fine. However I have now updated a product with a new price and now the Product Name has disappered. I have attempted to get it back, but cannot. It seems as though now my meta tags are installed I can no longer put have a product title. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Krisja.

Hello,

Sorry if this is an obvious oversight. I have installed the Header Tags controller and it is working fine. However I have now updated a product with a new price and now the Product Name has disappered. I have attempted to get it back, but cannot. It seems as though now my meta tags are installed I can no longer put have a product title. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Krisja.

I did the same thing.

Basically i messed up when installing this contrib and it removed the field for the product title. I'd check you've installed it correctly. I went back to my backups and tried again and it worked :thumbsup:

I hv installed HTC first, then I want to install categores admin

www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1359

however there are codes in conflict with it

The HTC code in my admin/categories.php

<?php

$categories_count = 0;

$rows = 0;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$search = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']);

// HTC BOC

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_desc_tag, cd.categories_htc_keywords_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

// HTC EOC

}

The code Categorie Admin want to modify.

<?php

$categories_count = 0;

$rows = 0;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['search'])) {

$search = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['search']);

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and cd.categories_name like '%" . tep_db_input($search) . "%' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else {

// BOF: KategorienAdmin / OLISWISS

if ($admin_cat_access == "ALL") {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

} else if ($admin_cat_access == ""){

$categories_query = tep_db_query("");

} else {

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and (c.parent_id or c.categories_id in (" . $admin_cat_access . ")) and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name");

}

// EOF: KategorienAdmin / OLISWISS

hope anyone can give me a solution.