• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

ok i installed everything top to bottom, now but i do not see a bit of of headers tags out there, nothing new has been included in my admin, it remains the same as it was, what should i do? i uploaded each file carefully. i dont see anything in my admin, what do i do, i even went to edit a product but there too it was not to be seen

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok now i have made changes to admin/categories.php , but now i am struggling in this part of admin/manufacturers.php :

FIND (around line 224)

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_URL . $manufacturer_inputs_string);

ADD under it

// HTC BOC

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Title' . $manufacturer_htc_title_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_desc_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' . $manufacturer_htc_keywords_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_description_string);

// HTC EOC

but i find two codes of this $contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_URL . $manufacturer_inputs_string);

so very difficult how to do

see my manufacturers.php code

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_URL . $manufacturer_inputs_string);

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<br>' . tep_image_submit('button_save.gif', IMAGE_SAVE) . ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, 'page=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] . '&mID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['mID']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>');

break;

case 'edit':

$heading[] = array('text' => '<b>' . TEXT_HEADING_EDIT_MANUFACTURER . '</b>');

$contents = array('form' => tep_draw_form('manufacturers', FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, 'page=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'] . '&mID=' . $mInfo->manufacturers_id . '&action=save', 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'));

$contents[] = array('text' => TEXT_EDIT_INTRO);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_NAME . '<br>' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_name', $mInfo->manufacturers_name));

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_MANUFACTURERS_IMAGE . '<br>' . tep_draw_file_field('manufacturers_image') . '<br>' . $mInfo->manufacturers_image);

$manufacturer_inputs_string = '';

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

$manufacturer_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('manufacturers_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_manufacturer_url($mInfo->manufacturers_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

}

this has become very difficult for me to come to a decision, hope you help

gourav

hi but there just written to add the extra text after the code in line 224. it's written no where that there will be two insatances of the code to, i have completed everything else but am struggling with this, any ideas

your readme which says this

FIND (around line 224)

ADD under it

// HTC BOC

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Title' . $manufacturer_htc_title_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_desc_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' . $manufacturer_htc_keywords_string);

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Manufacturer Description' . $manufacturer_htc_description_string);

// HTC EOC

There is a complete categories.php file included with the contribution. Take a look at it and compare it to yours. Download the free Winmerge program to make comparing easier.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

ok one more thing, i want to change the style in which the title appears:

Page Name - Site Name

i want it to change to

Site Name - Page Name

just want to make it opposite i.e. bring the site name forward and page name backward

You can do that by editing the includes/header_tags.php file. However, I wouldn't suggest it since it will negatively effect your search engine placement.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

ok now what do i change in this

echo ' <title>' . $tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $tags_array['desc'] . '"/>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $tags_array['keywords'] . '"/>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' .

to make site name come before the page name.

Does anyone know how to turn off the Header Tags Controller in the Admin along with Text Control and Fill Tags. One of the employees accidentally hit the "Clear all tags" on the Fill Tags page and it erased all the below Tags that I manually put in when I added the product and categories:

Header Tags Category Title

Header Tags Category Description

Header Tags Category Keywords

i have solved the manufacturers.php problem. I have one more question: i have given default keywords and even special keywords to products_info, but they only display the products name, i have tried filing th tags, cleared the tags, fill if empty and all sorts of stuff, but that doesnot change from products name to the keywords that i define. last question ,i see that betwenn page name and site name , there comes a "-" , this is fine, but i have other pages included, for which i need to add "-" and it doesn't come automatically, please can you tell me which code to change./copy

Does anyone know how to turn off the Header Tags Controller in the Admin along with Text Control and Fill Tags. One of the employees accidentally hit the "Clear all tags" on the Fill Tags page and it erased all the below Tags that I manually put in when I added the product and categories:

Header Tags Category Title

Header Tags Category Description

Header Tags Category Keywords

You can't. It sounds like you need to have the Admin Administrator contribution installed. That lets you control which section of admin different people can access.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i have solved the manufacturers.php problem. I have one more question: i have given default keywords and even special keywords to products_info, but they only display the products name, i have tried filing th tags, cleared the tags, fill if empty and all sorts of stuff, but that doesnot change from products name to the keywords that i define. last question ,i see that betwenn page name and site name , there comes a "-" , this is fine, but i have other pages included, for which i need to add "-" and it doesn't come automatically, please can you tell me which code to change./copy
That's in includes/header_tags.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

the header_tags is a big file to mess with, can you please tell me what to edit in it to do the two things i need, it will be very helpful

header_tags.php

<?php

/*

/catalog/includes/header_tags.php

WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Generator v2.0

Add META TAGS and Modify TITLE

NOTE: Globally replace all fields in products table with current product name just to get things started:

In phpMyAdmin use: UPDATE products_description set PRODUCTS_HEAD_TITLE_TAG = PRODUCTS_NAME

Shoppe Enhancement Controller - Copyright © 2003 WebMakers.com

Linda McGrath - [email protected]

*/

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'header_tags.php');

$tags_array = array();

// Define specific settings per page:

switch (true) {

// ALLPRODS.PHP

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_ALLPRODS) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_ALLPRODS) ):

$the_category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

$the_category = tep_db_fetch_array($the_category_query);

$the_manufacturers_query= tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$the_manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($the_manufacturers_query);

if (HTDA_ALLPRODS_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALLPRODS . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALLPRODS;

}

if (HTKA_ALLPRODS_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALLPRODS;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALLPRODS;

}

if (HTTA_ALLPRODS_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALLPRODS . ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL . " " . $the_category['categories_name'] . $the_manufacturers['manufacturers_name'];

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALLPRODS;

}

break;

// products_all.PHP

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL) ):

$the_category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");

$the_manufacturers_query= tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$the_manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($the_manufacturers_query);

if (HTDA_PRODUCTS_ALL_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCTS_ALL . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCTS_ALL;

}

if (HTKA_PRODUCTS_ALL_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCTS_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCTS_ALL;

}

if (HTTA_ALLPRODS_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCTS_ALL . ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL . " " . $the_category['categories_name'] . $the_manufacturers['manufacturers_name'];

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCTS_ALL;

}

break;

// INDEX.PHP

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_DEFAULT) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_DEFAULT) ):

$showCatTags = false;

if ($category_depth == 'nested' || $category_depth == 'products') {

$the_category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name as name, categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$showCatTags = true;

} else if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$the_category_query= tep_db_query("select m.manufacturers_name as name, mi.manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, mi.manufacturers_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id where m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$showCatTags = true;

} else {

$the_category_query = tep_db_query("select categories_name as name, categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

}

if (HTDA_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {

if ($showCatTags == true) {

if (HTTA_CAT_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['desc']= $the_category['htc_desc_tag'] . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= $the_category['htc_desc_tag'] . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= $the_category['htc_desc_tag'] . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= $the_category['htc_desc_tag'];

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT;

}

}

if (HTKA_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_category['htc_keywords_tag'] . ', ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_category['htc_keywords_tag'] . ', ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT;

}

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL . ', ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT;

}

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_category['htc_keywords_tag'] . ', ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_category['htc_keywords_tag'];

}

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT;

}

}

if (HTTA_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['title']= $the_category['htc_title_tag'] .' '. HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT . " " . $the_manufacturers['manufacturers_name'] . ' - ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['title']= $the_category['htc_title_tag'] .' '. $the_manufacturers['manufacturers_htc_title_tag'] . ' - ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

}

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT . " " . $the_category['name'] . $the_manufacturers['manufacturers_htc_title_tag'] . ' - ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

}

} else {

$tags_array['title']= $the_category['htc_title_tag'] . ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT;

} else {

$tags_array['title']= $the_category['htc_title_tag'];

}

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT;

}

}

break;

// PRODUCT_INFO.PHP

case ( strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO) ):

// $the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'" . " and pd.language_id ='" . $languages_id . "'");

$the_product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($the_product_info_query);

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'])) {

if (HTTA_CAT_PRODUCT_DEFAULT_ON=='1') {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO;

}

if (HTDA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' || empty($tags_array['desc'])) {

$tags_array['desc'].= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= $the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'];

$tags_array['desc'] .= ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO;

}

if ( HTDA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['desc'] .= ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

}

}

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'])) {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO;

}

if ( HTKA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' || empty($tags_array['keywords'])) {

$tags_array['keywords'].= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

}

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$tags_array['keywords'] .= ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO;

}

if ( HTKA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['keywords'] .= ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

}

}

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'])) { //if not HTC title in product

if (HTTA_CAT_PRODUCT_DEFAULT_ON=='1') { //if HTCA checked

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO; //show title for this section

}

if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' || empty($tags_array['title'])) { //if default switch on or no entry

$tags_array['title'].= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL; //include the default text

}

} else {

$tags_array['title']= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']);

$tags_array['title'] .= ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO;

}

if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['title'] .= ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

}

}

break;

// PRODUCTS_NEW.PHP

case ( strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) ):

if ( HEAD_DESC_TAG_WHATS_NEW!='' ) {

if ( HTDA_WHATS_NEW_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_WHATS_NEW . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_WHATS_NEW;

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

}

if ( HEAD_KEY_TAG_WHATS_NEW!='' ) {

if ( HTKA_WHATS_NEW_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_WHATS_NEW . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_WHATS_NEW;

}

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

}

if ( HEAD_TITLE_TAG_WHATS_NEW!='' ) {

if ( HTTA_WHATS_NEW_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_WHATS_NEW . ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_WHATS_NEW;

}

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

}

break;

// SPECIALS.PHP

case ( strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_SPECIALS) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_SPECIALS) ):

if ( HEAD_DESC_TAG_SPECIALS!='' ) {

if ( HTDA_SPECIALS_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_SPECIALS . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_SPECIALS;

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

}

if ( HEAD_KEY_TAG_SPECIALS=='' ) {

// Build a list of ALL specials product names to put in keywords

$new = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and s.products_id = p.products_id and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added DESC ");

$row = 0;

$the_specials='';

while ($new_values = tep_db_fetch_array($new)) {

$the_specials .= clean_html_comments($new_values['products_name']) . ', ';

}

if ( HTKA_SPECIALS_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_specials . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_specials;

}

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_SPECIALS . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

}

if ( HEAD_TITLE_TAG_SPECIALS!='' ) {

if ( HTTA_SPECIALS_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_SPECIALS . ' ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_SPECIALS;

}

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

}

break;

// PRODUCTS_REVIEWS_INFO.PHP and PRODUCTS_REVIEWS.PHP

case((basename($PHP_SELF)==FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS) or (basename($PHP_SELF)==FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO)):

if ( HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO=='' ) {

if ( HTDA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['desc']= tep_get_header_tag_products_desc($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= tep_get_header_tag_products_desc($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']);

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO;

}

if ( HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO=='' ) {

if ( HTKA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['keywords']= tep_get_header_tag_products_keywords($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= tep_get_header_tag_products_keywords($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']);

}

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO;

}

if ( HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO=='' ) {

if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['title']= ' Reviews: ' . tep_get_header_tag_products_title($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['title']= tep_get_header_tag_products_title($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']);

}

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO;

}

break;

// PRODUCTS_REVIEWS_WRITE.PHP

case((basename($PHP_SELF)==FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE)):

if ( HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE=='' ) {

if ( HTDA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['desc']= tep_get_header_tag_products_desc($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . ' ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= tep_get_header_tag_products_desc($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']);

}

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE;

}

if ( HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE=='' ) {

if ( HTKA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['keywords']= tep_get_header_tag_products_keywords($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . ' ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= tep_get_header_tag_products_keywords($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']);

}

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE;

}

if ( HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE=='' ) {

if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['title']= ' Reviews: ' . tep_get_header_tag_products_title($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['title']= tep_get_header_tag_products_title($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']);

}

} else {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_WRITE;

}

break;

// about_us.PHP - was default.php

case (strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_ABOUT_US) or strstr($PHP_SELF, FILENAME_ABOUT_US) ):

$tags_array = tep_header_tag_page(HTTA_ABOUTUS_ON, HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ABOUTUS,

HTDA_ABOUTUS_ON, HEAD_DESC_TAG_ABOUTUS,

HTKA_ABOUTUS_ON, HEAD_KEY_TAG_ABOUTUS );

break;

// ALL OTHER PAGES NOT DEFINED ABOVE

default:

$tags_array['desc'] = HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

$tags_array['keywords'] = HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

$tags_array['title'] = HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

break;

}

echo ' <title>' . $tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $tags_array['desc'] . '"/>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $tags_array['keywords'] . '"/>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '"/>'."\n";

//NOTE: If you want your email add to your source code, remove the two slashes on the

//following line of code. This serves no useful purpose and is not suggested tobe used

//echo ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL . '"/>' . "\n";

echo '<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->' . "\n";

?>

You can't. It sounds like you need to have the Admin Administrator contribution installed. That lets you control which section of admin different people can access.

Jack

Some how my "Products Page Title" is not working. Here is the problem I am having. I type in what I want for the Products Page Title in admin/categories.php?cPath=21_52&pID=637&action=new_product, Now this should become my Product Page Tile. But the title that appears is the "Default Title" in header_tags_english.php

Does anyone know how to fix this? I only want the Titles, Descriptions, and Keywords to be pulled from product pages that I created via admin/categories.php?cPath=21_52&pID=637&action=new_product

Everything was working before, but the "Clear all tags" radio buttons were pressed in admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php

Thanks for your time.

Did my best to follow the instructions to the letter, but I've got an error when I attempt to access my site.

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

select categories_name as name, categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag as htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag as htc_keywords_tag from categories_description where categories_id = '0' and language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

As best as I can tell, the Admin section is operating fine.

Can you identify the source file of the error or make a suggestion for a fix?

Thanks for the help!

Jack,

What is the significance of allprods.php? I have it listed (in red) in admin but it isn't a page I have. :huh:

Thanks!

It's a contribution that helps with SEO. Not all shops have it installed but part of the code for it was always included in Header Tags so I dind't want to delete it for compatibility reasons. It's marked in red because the allprods.file doesn't exist in your shop, or it is missing the Header Tags code. If you don't have it installed, and don't plan to, then delete the sections of code labelled allprods in includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php. If you do install it, the code it for All Producs with Images, not the other All Products contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Some how my "Products Page Title" is not working. Here is the problem I am having. I type in what I want for the Products Page Title in admin/categories.php?cPath=21_52&pID=637&action=new_product, Now this should become my Product Page Tile. But the title that appears is the "Default Title" in header_tags_english.php

Does anyone know how to fix this? I only want the Titles, Descriptions, and Keywords to be pulled from product pages that I created via admin/categories.php?cPath=21_52&pID=637&action=new_product

Everything was working before, but the "Clear all tags" radio buttons were pressed in admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php

Thanks for your time.

If you have the HT.. boxes checked in admin->Header Tags->Text Control, the default title will be added. That might be your problem. If not, does it only fail on new poducts?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did my best to follow the instructions to the letter, but I've got an error when I attempt to access my site.

1054 - Unknown column 'categories_htc_title_tag' in 'field list'

It sounds like you didn't uplaod the database changes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sounds like you didn't uplaod the database changes.

Jack

That did the trick.

I had errors earlier when I ran the database_setup.php so I went in and started running the queries manually. The first several showed that they had already been run, so I stopped without checking them all assuming that they had all run. Went back now and ran them all and found several that had not completed.

Thanks for the help.

If you have the HT.. boxes checked in admin->Header Tags->Text Control, the default title will be added. That might be your problem. If not, does it only fail on new poducts?

Jack

It is failing on all my products. It's like the Default Title, Default Descriptions, and Default Keyword(s) in admin->Header Tags->Text Control is overriding all the Tags that I added on the product and category pages in the admin under Catalog.

What doesn't make since is that I have this contribution installed on three other sites and they all work fine. The only thing that is different between the sites is the Clear All Tags button was pressed deleting all the titles, descriptions, and keywords for 1,800 products. I do have a mysql backup from before the tags were deleted and restored it but that did not help.

I'm over the fact that I can not get the old titles/keywords back. So I have now used the Fill All Tags and generated new tags. These new generated tags appear in Admin portion of the website catalog. But they do not show up on the website. The only thing that appears is the Default Title, Default Descriptions, and Default Keyword(s) in admin->Header Tags->Text Control for every single page.

Really I do not even want to use the Header Tags Portion of the Admin. I just want to add my page titles, descriptions, and keywords on the same page that I add my products and categories (admin/categories.php) So there is now way to turn off the defaults that are in Text Control and have this info pulled from the catalog pages?

hi jack, i have the title for my products coming as

Product Name Site Name , there is no way i can edit it, how do i add a "-" in between product name &site name

Find the code where you added the site name and insert
' - '.

before it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The defaults can be turned off with the HT.. boxes. If yours is not working that way, then there must be a problem with the code. Clearing the tags wouldn't change how the code works so I don't see how it could work before but not now. It sounds like the code in your shop was changed. If you go to the product edit page in admin and see the title and meta tag information you want to see there, then it has to display on the shop side too since the same database is being read in. if it doesn't, then the code on the shop side is at fault.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The defaults can be turned off with the HT.. boxes. If yours is not working that way, then there must be a problem with the code. Clearing the tags wouldn't change how the code works so I don't see how it could work before but not now. It sounds like the code in your shop was changed. If you go to the product edit page in admin and see the title and meta tag information you want to see there, then it has to display on the shop side too since the same database is being read in. if it doesn't, then the code on the shop side is at fault.

Jack

Jack,

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. java script:emoticon(':thumbsup:', 'smid_16') I did upgrade from ver 2.5.5 to 2.5.7/9 about two weeks ago. Could it be possable that I I missed something during the upgrade. The biggest problem I had with the upgrade was the lack of instruction in the Update_Doc. I downloaded version 2.5.9 and the last update file that was "Update_from_V_2.5.6_to_V_2.5.7.txt." So does that mean I am actually running 2.5.7 or 2.5.9?

For my update I followed all the instructions very carefully.

I did not install the French header_tags_controller.php or header_tags_popup_help.php but I don't think that matters.

Also when I did the update I only added Update_header_manufacturers.sql. Was I suppose to add the Update_header_categories.sql, Update_header_categories_description.sql, and Update_header_language.sql? The Update_Doc's mentioned nothing about updating any sql files.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks,

-Brian