The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I've installed Header Tags Controller v2.5.5 (that was the current version when I started my site). However, the it still holds onto the default description and keywords. I try to update them, but the default text always comes back no matter what I do. How do I fix this? Is this corrected in one of the newer versions?

I've seen other people have asked the same question, but I have not been able to find a posted solution to the problem. If someone can point me in the correct direction, I would greatly appreciate this.

<META NAME="Description" Content=" osCommerce : What\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies">

Thanks,

Barb

showing only default titles. maybe its posible to find solution?
As far as i know, it is working for eveyone else so I ahve to assume the problem is in your installation. You may need to create a test shop and install it into it just to get it working. Then compare the files.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Everyone,

I've installed Header Tags Controller v2.5.5 (that was the current version when I started my site). However, the it still holds onto the default description and keywords. I try to update them, but the default text always comes back no matter what I do. How do I fix this? Is this corrected in one of the newer versions?

I've seen other people have asked the same question, but I have not been able to find a posted solution to the problem. If someone can point me in the correct direction, I would greatly appreciate this.

<META NAME="Description" Content=" osCommerce : What\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies">

Thanks,

Barb

That was a problem in that version. It has, hopefully, been fixed in the latest version.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

As far as i know, it is working for eveyone else so I ahve to assume the problem is in your installation. You may need to create a test shop and install it into it just to get it working. Then compare the files.

Jack

I installed it as stated on install instructions nothing was missed. I installed it on fresh osc install. Everything worked good till i restored datebase. What could be wrong ? Thank you.

Hi!

I have little problem with distribution Header Tags Controller v2.5.9

After install this contribution the description of some product details no have Word Wrap. Its very wight and the site no have normal wight.

Please tell me where can I find resolve of this small bag?

Hi again,

updated to 2.5.9

And its still removing the product name in categories/products. :wacko:

any ideas where/ what files are causing this??????

is there any alterations to the database i need to do when updating from 2.5.8

is there any alterations to the database i need to do when updating from 2.5.8
No databases changes. The only change was in the categories file. Yours is missing code. It needs to be added back in.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No databases changes. The only change was in the categories file. Yours is missing code. It needs to be added back in.

Jack

gone over and checked install_admin.txt

all amendments code changes to admin /categories.php are present and correct..... :blink:

In the history file. There was a mistake in the categories file so it was replaced with a working one.

Jack

Fixes/Changes:

-> Fixed database_setup.php file. Had the wrong table definitions.

-> Fixed coding problems in the admin/categories.php file that

prevented the product name from being seen.

albeit a great contribution. But :

-> Fixed coding problems in the admin/categories.php file that

prevented the product name from being seen.

is as much help as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick :blink:

it would be beneficial to state what the changed code is wouldnt it? :unsure:

i have now got it working after replacing a backup and then changing the categories.php and then reinstalling

5 contributions... :-"

its not a dig B)

nice work otherwise.

Header Tags is one of the few, fully documented contributions of its size but I can only hold your hand for so long. It is common practice to use a compare program to compare changes to files. I pointed out the problem to you. At that point, you need to take the initiative and find the differences yourself. It is the way of contributions. If you would like to take the time to document those changes, please feel free to do so.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack.

I have a new, clean install this time around :D

I have STS V4.1 running

I have HTC version 2.5.9 installed, no install errors, all clean.

(I left the original database in place, I did not do any DB changes since my original install)

complied with all the included stuff for STS.

the only problem I'm having now is that HTC does not seem to be doing anything...

no errors when filling the header tags this time, but the headers aren't changing....

not seeing 'osCommerce' in the header bar, not seeing any changes at all.

Any Idea if I missed something this time around??

thanks in advance!

Jim B.

I have the same problem than jimbo6011...

In fact the default title and description prints but I cant get the stored infos ... ( for exemple none of the includes/language/french/header_tags.php content prints to source code)

I use a rewriting rules script, does it have something to deal with ?

Edited by c01

Hi, Jack.

I have a new, clean install this time around :D

I have STS V4.1 running

I have HTC version 2.5.9 installed, no install errors, all clean.

(I left the original database in place, I did not do any DB changes since my original install)

complied with all the included stuff for STS.

the only problem I'm having now is that HTC does not seem to be doing anything...

no errors when filling the header tags this time, but the headers aren't changing....

not seeing 'osCommerce' in the header bar, not seeing any changes at all.

Any Idea if I missed something this time around??

thanks in advance!

Jim B.

Have you disabled STS to see if Header Tags works that way?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I dont think the problem comes only from STS (except you didnt put the right code in the template your are using)... I have the same issue but I dont have STS installed.

I'm working on the header_tag file to see what I can get I'll try to give you some feedback about this.

As far as I can figure out know I think that something's wrong with the defined vars it tries to get from the /includes/language/[...]/header_tags.php

HI, Jack.

I've disabled STS, the site still works, but I'm still not seeing any changes.

here's what the top of my home page, catagory page and product page looks like.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<base href="http://XXXXXXXXX.com/catalog/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body>
<table border="1" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%">

I'm not sure if that helps.... I'm starting to get lost here :blink:

Ok, I have just discovered that the "Login.php" page, (My account)

IS working properly. I have the oscommerce page heading, and the default meta tag info.

here's the code from the top of THAT page:

<html>
<head>
 <title>osCommerce :</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="osCommerce : What\'\'\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies"/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="Hardware Software DVD Movies What\'\'\'s New Here?"/>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

Ok, I have just discovered that the "Login.php" page, (My account)

IS working properly. I have the oscommerce page heading, and the default meta tag info.

here's the code from the top of THAT page:

<html>
<head>
 <title>osCommerce :</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="osCommerce : What\'\'\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies"/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="Hardware Software DVD Movies What\'\'\'s New Here?"/>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

Well, that's good on one hand to see that it works. But the login page doesn't really need it's own tags so it doesn't make much difference. Since the login page is working though, that means that the problem is probably with the index and product_info pages. With STS disabled, they should display the Header Tags title. So you should look at the code for the index page and the Header Tags file in the shop side. If you removed admin completlely, Header Tags should still work for the index page.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons