• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Even if the admin section is not instaled at all, the title on the index page should change after Header Tags is installed. If you are not seeing a change in the title from your original shop, then you need to run back throuigh the Install_Catalog.txt file to see what was missed.

Jack

Ok.. understood.. I should get the catalog side working before thinking about the admin!

When I installed it initally it was working fine.. it was only when I moved my site that it stopped working... so I don't think there is anything missing.. but just the file paths are wrong. Which files on the catalog side would I need to change the file paths on to get them to work? had a look at includes/header_tag.php but not sure which filenames to change as I don't have the same errors as I did with the admin side.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. understood.. I should get the catalog side working before thinking about the admin!

When I installed it initally it was working fine.. it was only when I moved my site that it stopped working... so I don't think there is anything missing.. but just the file paths are wrong. Which files on the catalog side would I need to change the file paths on to get them to work? had a look at includes/header_tag.php but not sure which filenames to change as I don't have the same errors as I did with the admin side.

All sorted now! Seems I've been a complete muppet! When I moved my site I had problems with the modules.. and STS Plus had been 're-set' and didn't have the headertags.php in the 'files to use' so the catalog wasn't actually using HTC! Thanks for all your help.. sorry for posting the stupid mistake.. although the admin errors were there and wouldn't have solved those without your help! :) Thank you!

Hello Jack,

I have just updated htc from 2.5.5 to 2.5.9 and have run into a couple problems. The first may be related to the second.

In index.php where i am supposed to

FIND (around line 301)

<td><h2><?php echo $category['categories_htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

I have found that this line doesn't exist where it should; however this line of code does appear for me on line 86 and remained unchanged.

and REPLACE with

<td><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

so this line has not been updated.

Now when i go to the index page i am running this error:

parse error, unexpected $ in /home/****/public_html/index.php on line 375

the interesting part of this error is that the line this directs to is blank after the closing ?>

Your thoughts will be more than appreciated...

I wanted to say wonderful work on maintaining this contribution. It must take you a lot of time and dedication to deal with people like me who don't know php very well.

Thanks for all the hard work!

aaron

If there is that much of a difference in the line numbers, I have to think that your index file has been strongly edited, possibly rearranged to place the center column above the left, or, if you are using a template, that section of code was probably removed completly. The new code depends upon some code before it. If you don't have that code there, then it will fail. I can't be any more specific than that since you aren't using a standard file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sorry, I've been reading this post and searching the forums till I'm blind. I can not seem to solve the following.

I have STS installed, and HeaderTags_V_2.5.9.

setup for both catalog and admin went fairly well.

now, anytime I use "admin-header tags-fill tags", all seems ok, until I go to any page that I have filled.

I then get the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXXXX/XXXXX.com/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 208

(My actual site path appears where the XXXXXXX/XXXXX is.)

if I clear the tags, the error goes away.

I've made sure I have clean_html_comments in the correct location, I can not find any files missng.

Jack, are you out there?? can someone please point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance.

Hi again, Jack. :'(

I'm still having issues with this. I have double checked everything from the admin setup portion,

but it still throws this same error. is it possible to back out the changes to the database and start again there?

(I DID of course back up my DB and site,) or would it be better to just revert to the backed up database,

or do you think I should start fresh by reverting the entire site and database, and try again??

your help and patience is more than appreciated. :rolleyes:

I doubt that the database has anything to do with the problem. Plus, if it is a live site, restoring it may cause a loss of data. I think the problem is in the shop side. If you are using STS Plus, there is some other file that needs to be installed, from what I understand. No matter which STS version it is, you mght want to try asking in that support thread. Maybe someone has installed them bith and can help you. I am not familiar with STS Plus but in STS, you can set the output to not use the template. You might want to try that. If it woks, then it means the problem is with STS. If it still fails, then the problem is with Header Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Great contribution, thanks.

But I got a problem: disappeared all images in admin/catalog, catalog images and product images, no link from admin/catalog to catalog/images: The requested URL /home/blablabla/public_html/images/obxmwgcf.gif was not found on this server. . But on the main page everithing OK. Can someone suggest how to get images back. :)

Edited by Cattom

hi,

i have installed haedertags v 2.5.9

also i use STS 4.1

after installing no error messages in admin or catalog.

but when i ckeck the side by w3c validator

i got this messages.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Error Line 7 column 128: document type does not allow element "META" here.

...Software DVD Movies What's New Here?"/>

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).

Error Line 8 column 72: document type does not allow element "META" here.

...Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know what to do.

ignore or react ?

thanks.

bg

Michael

Hi all,

Ive installer HTC contrib and it all seems fine.

i think i undrestand how to add metadata to the pages using the admin tool but it dosent seem to work as expected.

it works fine for the index page:

set default title/ desc/ keywords.

then add extra keywords for specific page.

now when i add a page in page control i.e. about_us.php

and add extra keywords etc these are not added only the default ones show.

i have checked HTTA: HTDA: HTKA:

any ideas what going on???

or have i mis understood the instuctions.

Be sure you have added the Header Tags code into the head section of the about us page.

Jack

yeah done that.

not a problem now ive just manually added the meta tags / page titles to the pages.

the contrib does what i want it to do i.e. add meta / title to product pages...

when i trying to delete product_info.php page i getting this error ?

its normal or its some kind of bug ?

Deleting product_info.php is not allowed

and when i edit product_info meta tags using text control function i getting no changes. its just showing default title.

Edited by codex

Hello :-)

I've installed HTC too and no errors but a strange problem :

Products titles have suddenly disappeared from both front and back end (??)

It happened just after having installed HTC.

Names disappear ONLY for new products or when I modify one.

Anyone with this problem ? Is it related to the database changes ?

Thanks a lot

Cyril

when i trying to delete product_info.php page i getting this error ?

its normal or its some kind of bug ?

Deleting product_info.php is not allowed

and when i edit product_info meta tags using text control function i getting no changes. its just showing default title.

If you delete the product_info page entry, you will seriously damage Header Tags ability to optimize your site. You need to understand that product_info is a special case. You don't need to edit it normally. If you leave it alone and run fill tags, then your products will be setup as they should be. If you do want to edit them, you can do each one in the catalog->product edit window. If you want to add text to each product page (not recomended), then you use Text Control. You have to have the HTTA and/or HTCA boxes checked.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello :-)

I've installed HTC too and no errors but a strange problem :

Products titles have suddenly disappeared from both front and back end (??)

It happened just after having installed HTC.

Names disappear ONLY for new products or when I modify one.

Anyone with this problem ? Is it related to the database changes ?

Thanks a lot

Cyril

You are using product title and product name to refer to the same thing. Since they are different, I can't follow what the problem is. But if you are not using V 2.5.9, then there was a problem with product name disappearing. Maybe that is your problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Quick question did the 3.0 version ever get fixed

Just curious

The latest version is 2.5.9 so I don't know which version you mean.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This was fixed in 2.5.9 as mentioned in the last page or so. You will need to replace, or edit, your admin/categories.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons