• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I'm sorry, I've been reading this post and searching the forums till I'm blind. I can not seem to solve the following.

I have STS installed, and HeaderTags_V_2.5.9.

setup for both catalog and admin went fairly well.

now, anytime I use "admin-header tags-fill tags", all seems ok, until I go to any page that I have filled.

I then get the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXXXX/XXXXX.com/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 208

(My actual site path appears where the XXXXXXX/XXXXX is.)

if I clear the tags, the error goes away.

I've made sure I have clean_html_comments in the correct location, I can not find any files missng.

Jack, are you out there?? can someone please point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can just use the Update_from_V_2.5.6_to_V_2.5.7.txt file in the 2.5.9 version. The only changes from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 are include in 2.5.9 so it is a straight update.

Jack

Thanks Jack! Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but after updating to 2.5.7, should I go ahead with these files?

Update_Categories_Descriptions.txt

Update_HeaderTags_Admin_Controller.txt

Update_HeaderTags_Language.txt

I'm sorry, I've been reading this post and searching the forums till I'm blind. I can not seem to solve the following.

I have STS installed, and HeaderTags_V_2.5.9.

setup for both catalog and admin went fairly well.

now, anytime I use "admin-header tags-fill tags", all seems ok, until I go to any page that I have filled.

I then get the following error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /hsphere/local/home/XXXXXXXX/XXXXX.com/catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 208

(My actual site path appears where the XXXXXXX/XXXXX is.)

if I clear the tags, the error goes away.

I've made sure I have clean_html_comments in the correct location, I can not find any files missng.

Jack, are you out there?? can someone please point me in the right direction?

thanks in advance.

Did you perform the steps in Install_Catalog.txt regarding STS? If not, you need to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack! Maybe I'm a bit stupid, but after updating to 2.5.7, should I go ahead with these files?

Update_Categories_Descriptions.txt

Update_HeaderTags_Admin_Controller.txt

Update_HeaderTags_Language.txt

V 2.5.7, 2.5.8 and 2.5.9 are all the same except for a few bug fixes. So if you have 2.5.7 installed, then just download 2.59. and upload all of the files in the catalog directory. You will ned to compare the catalog/includes/header_tags.pgp and catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php files, since yours may have different data.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

This is a very nice contribution. I actually got it installed and working despite the fact that my store has quite a few other contributions installed already. I have one small problem that I can actually live with but I thought it worth asking about. When I include a category description on the displayed page, if there is more than one manufacturer, a drop down list box will appear on the right next to the Category Title. Beneath that will be the text of the category description. This text does not run the full width of the table as does the product listing below it. It runs up to the manufacturer's drop down box (which is in a different row) and wraps. I can find nowhere in the simple few lines of code in the index.php file why this should be so; the text should run beneath the manufacturer's drop down box. Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring?

hello Jack, thankx for all your work in this excellent contribution.

just installed the newest version, and notice the same problem, i had in the previous contribution.

in admin> header tags> text control , when i put something (some text) for product_info page.

It wont display on the products page.

could you please check it out

thankyou

Did you perform the steps in Install_Catalog.txt regarding STS? If not, you need to do that.

Jack

Hi, Jack.

Yes, I did, although in my install the page is named "sts_display_output.php", not "sts_output.php"

I don't have any file named sts_output.php.

Edited by jimbo6011

This is a very nice contribution. I actually got it installed and working despite the fact that my store has quite a few other contributions installed already. I have one small problem that I can actually live with but I thought it worth asking about. When I include a category description on the displayed page, if there is more than one manufacturer, a drop down list box will appear on the right next to the Category Title. Beneath that will be the text of the category description. This text does not run the full width of the table as does the product listing below it. It runs up to the manufacturer's drop down box (which is in a different row) and wraps. I can find nowhere in the simple few lines of code in the index.php file why this should be so; the text should run beneath the manufacturer's drop down box. Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring?
I don't use manufacturers so I only tested with the default shop setup. How do you add a second manufacturer to a product? There is a dropdown list in the product section but that only allows one selection.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello Jack, thankx for all your work in this excellent contribution.

just installed the newest version, and notice the same problem, i had in the previous contribution.

in admin> header tags> text control , when i put something (some text) for product_info page.

It wont display on the products page.

could you please check it out

thankyou

Whether or not the text displays depends upon the HT.. boxes. You need to enable HTCA for the text in those boxes and be sure you have replaced, or edited, the includes/header_tags.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, Jack.

Yes, I did, although in my install the page is named "sts_display_output.php", not "sts_output.php"

I don't have any file named sts_output.php.

That's just a typo. I seem to recall someone saying they had to remove the clean_html_comments.php line from the application_top.php file to get it working but I am not sure. You could try that though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's just a typo. I seem to recall someone saying they had to remove the clean_html_comments.php line from the application_top.php file to get it working but I am not sure. You could try that though.

Jack

Hmmm... I already had that commented out, it caused a "can not declare twice" (or similar wording) error.

I'm still stuck, the error occurs for any product, category or manufacturer that I fill the tags for.

if I clear all the tags, the error goes away.

I don't use manufacturers so I only tested with the default shop setup. How do you add a second manufacturer to a product? There is a dropdown list in the product section but that only allows one selection.

Jack

Jack,

Sorry for the confusion. Products are listed on my site when I click on a categories selection from the left column categories box. If you click on Accessories, let's say, you will see a Category Title in the middle section of the page with a description of the category under it. There are products listed on the page but under the category description. Next to the title on the right will be a manufacturer's drop down box if the products listed below are not all from one manufacturer. An example of what I mean is at my shop at

http://www.balletartsdancewear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6

This is under the Accessories category. Note: that on this site I am using the "breadcrumbs" metatag idea to handle metatags and the Categories Description contribution. You can see how the category description fills the whole space under the manufacturer's drop down box. On my home computer I have installed the Header Tags contribution which is working but the category description stops short at the left edge of the drop down box leaving a large space on the right. I have not deployed the Header Tags contribution yet to my shop because I want to make sure I fully understand how it works and how to get the most out of it. I am still wrestling with all those checkboxes on the text control page in the admin section. But the Header Tags contribution seems to allow for much more control of the product keywords and description then the "breadcrumbs" idea (it isn't deployed as a contribution so I am not calling it that) but which was fast to implement and will serve until I get the Header Tags deployed. Incidentally, on my home computer I have the Categories Description turned off in Configuration. I didn't actually remove it.

Allen

Hi everyone..

I installed header tags v.2.5.6 which worked brilliantly - thank you!

I then decided to move my site from /catalog dir. to the root. I had quite a few problems doing this, but have sorted most of them out now.. except for header tags.

In admin, when I go to header tags, this message appears at the top:

Warning: file(/kunden/homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/catalog/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 255

header tags> text control i get:

Warning: file(/kunden/homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/catalog/admin/header_tags_english.php on line 58

Fill tags doesn't display any errors but needless to say isn't working.

The error is referencing the /catalog dir - is this coded into any of the HTC files?

My admin/configure file looks like this:

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.com');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN); // absolute pate required

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/kunden/homepages/4/d456/htdocs/'); // absolute path required

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/catalog/includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . '/catalog/includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');[code]

I know there is the /catalog in the define modules and languages but that is strnagely the only way my modules and baclup database will work. But besides that, the header tags had the same error before I changed that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :) I found one person with a similar problem in this post but couldn't find the answer.

Also, should I upgrade to the new version?

Jack,

I found the solution to the problem with the category description not wrapping properly on the category page. I don't know if the problem is unique to my selection of contributions I have installed or not. But for the record, if you have a manufacturer's drop down box showing in the category description page, the line

<td ><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

should be changed to this line

<td align="left" colspan="2" class="category_desc"><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

and the text will wrap using the full width fo the center box.

I know there is the /catalog in the define modules and languages but that is strnagely the only way my modules and baclup database will work. But besides that, the header tags had the same error before I changed that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :) I found one person with a similar problem in this post but couldn't find the answer.

That is most likely the problem. If you look at the error, it is looking in the catalog directory. If you shop will only work with those lines in the confiure file, then you have a mistake somewhere and that should be fixed since it can cause problems later on. For now, you could edit the header_tags files in admin. They use those defines from the configure file to get the paths. You can change them to the actual paths.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I found the solution to the problem with the category description not wrapping properly on the category page. I don't know if the problem is unique to my selection of contributions I have installed or not. But for the record, if you have a manufacturer's drop down box showing in the category description page, the line

<td ><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

should be changed to this line

<td align="left" colspan="2" class="category_desc"><h2><?php echo $htc['htc_description']; ?></h2></td>

and the text will wrap using the full width fo the center box.

Thanks for posting the solution. Others may have the same problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

In admin, when I go to header tags, this message appears at the top:

Warning: file(/kunden/homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/catalog/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 255

header tags> text control i get:

Warning: file(/kunden/homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/4/d75936541/htdocs/catalog/admin/header_tags_english.php on line 58

Fill tags doesn't display any errors but needless to say isn't working.

The error is referencing the /catalog dir - is this coded into any of the HTC files?

The main addition to the newest version is meta tags for the manufacturer pages and (hopefully) fixed issue using single quotes on the page control section. If you didn't have a need for those, upgrading would be that important I would suspect. Feel free to look through the original upload of the latest version (15 Apr 2006), he was pretty thorough in the description of changes.

your config file should look like this if the store has been completely move to the root.

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.com');
define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.domainname.com');
define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/kunden/homepages/4/d456/htdocs/'); // where the pages are located on the server
define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/'); // absolute path required
define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN); // absolute pate required
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/'); // absolute path required
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);
define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

having /catalog/ in any of the config items should cause problems, not fix them, unless the store still exists in the /catalog/ directory also.

none of this should affect the fill tags, since it simply shuffles data in the database.

That is most likely the problem. If you look at the error, it is looking in the catalog directory. If you shop will only work with those lines in the confiure file, then you have a mistake somewhere and that should be fixed since it can cause problems later on. For now, you could edit the header_tags files in admin. They use those defines from the configure file to get the paths. You can change them to the actual paths.

Jack

Thanks for your help. It does seem however that even if I take those lines out, the HTC still has the same errors. I will have a look and see whether I can do as you suggested and change to actual paths, thanks!

Hi,

Thanks to Jack and all for your great work on this contribution.

I have a problem I could do with some help with please. I have installed the contribution but am getting this error when I click on "Catalog" in the admin panel:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/engra2/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 332

Here is the code with line 332 in bold and red (it reads case 'new_product_preview':), I would greatly appreciate some help debugging this. Thanks:

if ($action == 'insert_product') {

$insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,

'language_id' => $language_id);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);

} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

}

}

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {

tep_reset_cache_block('categories');

tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $products_id));

}

break;

case 'copy_to_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) {

$products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);

$categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']);

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'link') {

if ($categories_id != $current_category_id) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['total'] < '1') {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");

}

} else {

$messageStack->add_session(ERROR_CANNOT_LINK_TO_SAME_CATEGORY, 'error');

}

} elseif ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'duplicate') {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "', now(), " . (empty($product['products_date_available']) ? "null" : "'" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "'") . ", '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

$dup_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

//HTC BOC

$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_title_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_desc_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_keywords_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");

}

//HTC EOC

}

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");

$products_id = $dup_products_id;

}

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {

tep_reset_cache_block('categories');

tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));

break;

case 'new_product_preview':

// copy image only if modified

$products_image = new upload('products_image');

$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {

$products_image_name = $products_image->filename;

} else {

$products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');

}

break;

}

}

You probably have an extra/missing } or something like that. Compare your file with the one from the contribution. You will need to use a compare program like Winmerg to do this easily.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for your help. It does seem however that even if I take those lines out, the HTC still has the same errors. I will have a look and see whether I can do as you suggested and change to actual paths, thanks!

Well I changed to actual file paths which got rid of the errors :) but it's not working on the catalog side :(

if there are no errors showing how do I know what the problem is? or have i just forgotten to do something?

You probably have an extra/missing } or something like that. Compare your file with the one from the contribution. You will need to use a compare program like Winmerg to do this easily.

Jack

Hi JAck,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I think you are right. When doing the find/replaces required in the installation, there was one bit where I couldn't find a perfect match on the code in the installation instructions. I have a hunch there might be a small typo in the installation instructions, I will post details at the bottom of this reply.

To resolve my problem I simply used the Contribution's categories.php file, as mine did not seem to have been modified by other Contributions I have installed. Everything seems to be working fine.

Back to that problem I had with the find/replace and a possible typo:

In Install_Admin.txt there is an instruction:

-------------------

Around line 260, find these lines

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),

'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),

'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),

REPLACE it with...

----------------------------

I could not find that exact code. The code in my categories.php file ended with )); rather than ),

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),

'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),

'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]));

Not sure why, perhaps a typo in the installation instructions?

Well I changed to actual file paths which got rid of the errors :) but it's not working on the catalog side :(

if there are no errors showing how do I know what the problem is? or have i just forgotten to do something?

Even if the admin section is not instaled at all, the title on the index page should change after Header Tags is installed. If you are not seeing a change in the title from your original shop, then you need to run back throuigh the Install_Catalog.txt file to see what was missed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I could not find that exact code. The code in my categories.php file ended with )); rather than ),

'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]));

Not sure why, perhaps a typo in the installation instructions?

Good catch. That is a mistake in the instructions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons