• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

You could try adding the name while in the database. If it displays properly in the shop, then that will at least cut the possible causes of the problem in half. If it doesn't display properly, then there is a problem in your shop files (as opposed to the admin files). If it does display properly, then the problem is in the admin files. And that takes you back to the categories.php file since that is what controls updating the database. Try replacing the categories file with a stock one, or your original one if you have it. If that works, then you will need to continue working on it to isolate the problem.

Jack

Thus enters why I am confused. I manually added the text into the DB, and the text is displayed in the catalog just fine. However, I am copying over the admin\categories.php file into admin\categories.php from the "catalog_for_new_shop_only" folder. Just to make sure, I delete admin\categories.php from the website to make sure that the file is uploaded properly. I then try to edit a product, and it still doesn't display the product name. I don't even see it when you click on the Preview button after typing in all that stuff. So, I look at the source of the Preview page, and I see this in the form name="update_product" section

<input type="hidden" name="products_name[1]">

I see where there isn't a value= section in it.

So, I go and download a new osCommerce package because I didn't keep it. I upload that admin\categories.php file into the admin directory. I then add a new product, and the title gets put on the Preview page correctly, as well as in the db, and thus on the catalog page.

I am trying to use HeaderTags_V_2.5.8. Does that help clarify what's wrong? Or do I just need to keep with the original categories.php and Fill Tags whenever I create a new product?

Edited by en_shua

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what to suggest. It sounds like you did everything correctly and the problem should be the categories.php file. But if you replaced that and it didn't work, then I don't know what else to suggest other than digging into the code or possible creating a test site with just new files and the ones from the contribuiton so that only Header Tags is installed. It would have to work at that point and you could try swapping things until the problem was isolated.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't know what to suggest. It sounds like you did everything correctly and the problem should be the categories.php file. But if you replaced that and it didn't work, then I don't know what else to suggest other than digging into the code or possible creating a test site with just new files and the ones from the contribuiton so that only Header Tags is installed. It would have to work at that point and you could try swapping things until the problem was isolated.

Jack

Well, since I'm making this site for a friend, I'm probably just going to leave it at the original categories.php, and just tell him that once he's added/edited a product, to go and populate the fields. I think that will make more sense to him.

Thanks a bunch for your help!

en-shua, I've got the exact same problem as you. And i've done a clean install without any success. Trouble is i need to get this working cos its for a client and i need the metatags and product descriptions. Could i ask how you updated the database and what hosting company you are using? I've a hunch it may be something to do with this.

Hey I got the same problem and when you veiw the page source for the product there isnt anything in it about any meta tags. Where are you suppose to see the <title><description> at just in the admin

Any suggestions

There is a coding mistake in the categories.php file included with the contribution. The following file should work. Please let me know if it fixes the problem.

<?php

/*

$Id: categories.php,v 1.146 2003/07/11 14:40:27 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

$currencies = new currencies();

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'setflag':

if ( ($HTTP_GET_VARS['flag'] == '0') || ($HTTP_GET_VARS['flag'] == '1') ) {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) {

tep_set_product_status($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'], $HTTP_GET_VARS['flag']);

}

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {

tep_reset_cache_block('categories');

tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] . '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']));

break;

case 'insert_category':

case 'update_category':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) $categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']);

$sort_order = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['sort_order']);

$sql_data_array = array('sort_order' => $sort_order);

if ($action == 'insert_category') {

$insert_sql_data = array('parent_id' => $current_category_id,

'date_added' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES, $sql_data_array);

$categories_id = tep_db_insert_id();

} elseif ($action == 'update_category') {

$update_sql_data = array('last_modified' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $update_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES, $sql_data_array, 'update', "categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

}

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_name_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_name'];

//HTC BOC

$categories_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_title_tag'];

$categories_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_desc_tag'];

$categories_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_keywords_tag'];

$categories_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_description'];

//HTC EOC

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

//HTC BOC

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),

'categories_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),

'categories_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),

'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),

'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id]));

//HTC EOC

$insert_sql_data = array('categories_id' => $categories_id,

'language_id' => $languages[$i]['id']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");

}

}

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&cID=' . $categories_id));

break;

case 'delete_category_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) {

$categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']);

$categories = tep_get_category_tree($categories_id, '', '0', '', true);

$products = array();

$products_delete = array();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($categories); $i<$n; $i++) {

$product_ids_query = tep_db_query("select products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories[$i]['id'] . "'");

while ($product_ids = tep_db_fetch_array($product_ids_query)) {

$products[$product_ids['products_id']]['categories'][] = $categories[$i]['id'];

}

}

reset($products);

while (list($key, $value) = each($products)) {

$category_ids = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($value['categories']); $i<$n; $i++) {

$category_ids .= "'" . (int)$value['categories'][$i] . "', ";

}

$category_ids = substr($category_ids, 0, -2);

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$key . "' and categories_id not in (" . $category_ids . ")");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['total'] < '1') {

$products_delete[$key] = $key;

}

}

// removing categories can be a lengthy process

tep_set_time_limit(0);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($categories); $i<$n; $i++) {

tep_remove_category($categories[$i]['id']);

}

reset($products_delete);

while (list($key) = each($products_delete)) {

tep_remove_product($key);

}

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath));

break;

case 'delete_product_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['product_categories']) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['product_categories'])) {

$product_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);

$product_categories = $HTTP_POST_VARS['product_categories'];

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($product_categories); $i<$n; $i++) {

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$product_categories[$i] . "'");

}

$product_categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");

$product_categories = tep_db_fetch_array($product_categories_query);

if ($product_categories['total'] == '0') {

tep_remove_product($product_id);

}

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath));

break;

case 'move_category_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'] != $HTTP_POST_VARS['move_to_category_id'])) {

$new_parent_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['move_to_category_id']);

$path = explode('_', tep_get_generated_category_path_ids($new_parent_id));

if (in_array($categories_id, $path)) {

$messageStack->add_session(ERROR_CANNOT_MOVE_CATEGORY_TO_PARENT, 'error');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&cID=' . $categories_id));

} else {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set parent_id = '" . (int)$new_parent_id . "', last_modified = now() where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $new_parent_id . '&cID=' . $categories_id));

}

}

break;

case 'move_product_confirm':

$products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);

$new_parent_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['move_to_category_id']);

$duplicate_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$new_parent_id . "'");

$duplicate_check = tep_db_fetch_array($duplicate_check_query);

if ($duplicate_check['total'] < 1) tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " set categories_id = '" . (int)$new_parent_id . "' where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $new_parent_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));

break;

case 'insert_product':

case 'update_product':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['edit_x']) || isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['edit_y'])) {

$action = 'new_product';

} else {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) $products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']);

$products_date_available = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_date_available']);

$products_date_available = (date('Y-m-d') < $products_date_available) ? $products_date_available : 'null';

$sql_data_array = array('products_quantity' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_quantity']),

'products_model' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_model']),

'products_price' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_price']),

'products_date_available' => $products_date_available,

'products_weight' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_weight']),

'products_status' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_status']),

'products_tax_class_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_tax_class_id']),

'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']));

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {

$sql_data_array['products_image'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']);

}

if ($action == 'insert_product') {

$insert_sql_data = array('products_date_added' => 'now()');

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

$products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$current_category_id . "')");

} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {

$update_sql_data = array('products_last_modified' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $update_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

}

//HTC BOC

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),

'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),

'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),

'products_head_title_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),

'products_head_desc_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])),

'products_head_keywords_tag' => ((tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id])) ? tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id]) : tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id])));

//HTC EOC

if ($action == 'insert_product') {

$insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,

'language_id' => $language_id);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);

} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

}

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $products_id));

}

break;

case 'copy_to_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) {

$products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'link') {

if ($categories_id != $current_category_id) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['total'] < '1') {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");

}

} else {

$messageStack->add_session(ERROR_CANNOT_LINK_TO_SAME_CATEGORY, 'error');

}

} elseif ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'duplicate') {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

$dup_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

//HTC BOC

$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_title_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_desc_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_keywords_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");

}

//HTC EOC

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");

$products_id = $dup_products_id;

}

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));

break;

case 'new_product_preview':

// copy image only if modified

$products_image = new upload('products_image');

$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {

$products_image_name = $products_image->filename;

} else {

$products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');

}

break;

}

}

// check if the catalog image directory exists

if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

if (!is_writeable(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) $messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'error');

} else {

$messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST, 'error');

}

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

<div id="spiffycalendar" class="text"></div>

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top">

<?php

if ($action == 'new_product') {

$parameters = array('products_name' => '',

'products_description' => '',

'products_url' => '',

'products_id' => '',

'products_quantity' => '',

'products_model' => '',

'products_image' => '',

'products_price' => '',

'products_weight' => '',

'products_date_added' => '',

'products_last_modified' => '',

'products_date_available' => '',

'products_status' => '',

'products_tax_class_id' => '',

'manufacturers_id' => '');

$pInfo = new objectInfo($parameters);

//HTC BOC

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

//HTC EOC

$pInfo->objectInfo($product);

} elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo->objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

}

$manufacturers_array = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_NONE));

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name");

while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {

$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'],

'text' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']);

}

$tax_class_array = array(array('id' => '0', 'text' => TEXT_NONE));

$tax_class_query = tep_db_query("select tax_class_id, tax_class_title from " . TABLE_TAX_CLASS . " order by tax_class_title");

while ($tax_class = tep_db_fetch_array($tax_class_query)) {

$tax_class_array[] = array('id' => $tax_class['tax_class_id'],

'text' => $tax_class['tax_class_title']);

}

if (!isset($pInfo->products_status)) $pInfo->products_status = '1';

switch ($pInfo->products_status) {

case '0': $in_status = false; $out_status = true; break;

case '1':

default: $in_status = true; $out_status = false;

}

?>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/javascript/spiffyCal/spiffyCal_v2_1.css">

<script language="JavaScript" src="includes/javascript/spiffyCal/spiffyCal_v2_1.js"></script>

<script language="javascript"><!--

var dateAvailable = new ctlSpiffyCalendarBox("dateAvailable", "new_product", "products_date_available","btnDate1","<?php echo $pInfo->products_date_available; ?>",scBTNMODE_CUSTOMBLUE);

//--></script>

var tax_rates = new Array();

<?php

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($tax_class_array); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ($tax_class_array[$i]['id'] > 0) {

echo 'tax_rates["' . $tax_class_array[$i]['id'] . '"] = ' . tep_get_tax_rate_value($tax_class_array[$i]['id']) . ';' . "\n";

}

}

?>

function doRound(x, places) {

return Math.round(x * Math.pow(10, places)) / Math.pow(10, places);

}

function getTaxRate() {

var selected_value = document.forms["new_product"].products_tax_class_id.selectedIndex;

var parameterVal = document.forms["new_product"].products_tax_class_id[selected_value].value;

if ( (parameterVal > 0) && (tax_rates[parameterVal] > 0) ) {

return tax_rates[parameterVal];

} else {

return 0;

}

}

function updateGross() {

var taxRate = getTaxRate();

var grossValue = document.forms["new_product"].products_price.value;

if (taxRate > 0) {

grossValue = grossValue * ((taxRate / 100) + 1);

}

document.forms["new_product"].products_price_gross.value = doRound(grossValue, 4);

}

function updateNet() {

var taxRate = getTaxRate();

var netValue = document.forms["new_product"].products_price_gross.value;

if (taxRate > 0) {

netValue = netValue / ((taxRate / 100) + 1);

}

document.forms["new_product"].products_price.value = doRound(netValue, 4);

}

//--></script>

<?php echo tep_draw_form('new_product', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) ? '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] : '') . '&action=new_product_preview', 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'); ?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_NEW_PRODUCT, tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id)); ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_STATUS; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_radio_field('products_status', '1', $in_status) . ' ' . TEXT_PRODUCT_AVAILABLE . ' ' . tep_draw_radio_field('products_status', '0', $out_status) . ' ' . TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_AVAILABLE; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DATE_AVAILABLE; ?><br><small>(YYYY-MM-DD)</small></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' '; ?><script language="javascript">dateAvailable.writeControl(); dateAvailable.dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd";</script></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MANUFACTURER; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', $manufacturers_array, $pInfo->manufacturers_id); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_NAME; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_name[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_TAX_CLASS; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('products_tax_class_id', $tax_class_array, $pInfo->products_tax_class_id, 'onchange="updateGross()"'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_NET; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price', $pInfo->products_price, 'onKeyUp="updateGross()"'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_GROSS; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price_gross', $pInfo->products_price, 'OnKeyUp="updateNet()"'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

updateGross();

//--></script>

<!-- HTC BOC //-->

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_title_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr></td>

</tr>

<!-- HTC EOC //-->

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_quantity', $pInfo->products_quantity); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_model', $pInfo->products_model); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_IMAGE; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_file_field('products_image') . '<br>' . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . $pInfo->products_image . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_previous_image', $pInfo->products_image); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_URL . '<br><small>' . TEXT_PRODUCTS_URL_WITHOUT_HTTP . '</small>'; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_url[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_url[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_url($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_WEIGHT; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_weight', $pInfo->products_weight); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_date_added', (tep_not_null($pInfo->products_date_added) ? $pInfo->products_date_added : date('Y-m-d'))) . tep_image_submit('button_preview.gif', IMAGE_PREVIEW) . '  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) ? '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] : '')) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_cancel.gif', IMAGE_CANCEL) . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

</table></form>

<!-- HTC BOC //-->

<?php

} elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {

if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];

$products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];

$products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

} else {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

// HTC EOC

$pInfo = new objectInfo($product);

$products_image_name = $pInfo->products_image;

}

$form_action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) ? 'update_product' : 'insert_product';

echo tep_draw_form($form_action, FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) ? '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] : '') . '&action=' . $form_action, 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"');

// HTC BOC

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['read']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['read'] == 'only')) {

$pInfo->products_name = tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

$pInfo->products_description = tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

$pInfo->products_head_title_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_keywords_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_url = tep_get_products_url($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']);

} else {

$pInfo->products_name = tep_db_prepare_input($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_description = tep_db_prepare_input($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_title_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_desc_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_head_keywords_tag = tep_db_prepare_input($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]);

$pInfo->products_url = tep_db_prepare_input($products_url[$languages[$i]['id']]);

}

// HTC EOC

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I can confirm from a quick test that this updated categories file seems to work fine for me, and the product name is added to the products descriptins table in the database. yay! Please note that the above is not the complete file and is missing the bottom section (due to size limitations i assume). The bottom section from the categories file supplied with the HTC needs to be spliced together with the new top section above and everything should work fine.

nice one, jack_mcs!

First off I would also like to say this contribution kicks AS*!!! thumbsup.gif

I beleive that I have 99% of it is working.

When I use the categories.php page to edit the tags for a catagory it does not update the Database.

I do not receive any error either?

First off I would also like to say this contribution kicks AS*!!! thumbsup.gif

I beleive that I have 99% of it is working.

When I use the categories.php page to edit the tags for a catagory it does not update the Database.

I do not receive any error either?

Are you saying that if you were to look at the database, that the fields are not populated? Or, are you saying that some fields do not appear populated when viewing your store?

Are you saying that if you were to look at the database, that the fields are not populated? Or, are you saying that some fields do not appear populated when viewing your store?

I looked at the database and no entry is happening.

Are you using the file from prior to today's update?

I ran a "Beyond Compare" on the install I used and yesterdays update. It did not find any differences.

I ran a "Beyond Compare" on the install I used and yesterdays update. It did not find any differences.

I beleive that this is the suspect code

//HTC BOC

$categories_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_title_tag'];

$categories_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_desc_tag'];

$categories_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_keywords_tag'];

$categories_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_description'];

//HTC EOC

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

$insert_sql_data = array('categories_id' => $categories_id,

'language_id' => $languages[$i]['id']);

//HTC BOC

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),

'categories_htc_title_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]),

'categories_htc_desc_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]),

'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]),

'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id]));

//HTC EOC

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");

}

}

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

}

//begin Header Tags Controller

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set category_head_title_tag = '" . $htc_title . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set category_head_desc_tag = '" . $htc_desc . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set category_head_keywords_tag = '" . $htc_keywords . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

//end Header Tags Controller

Hi! i just noticed the new HTC 2.5.9. I'm using 2.5.5 rght now and would like to update.

Should I follow the steps in Update_from_V_2.5.5_to_V_2.5.6.txt and then Update_from_V_2.5.6_to_V_2.5.7.txt ? And after that? Sorry, I just did not understand which files to look in for instructions.

Try comparing it to the file in version 2.5.9. The error you are describing has to do with the categories.php file so you could try the one from the contribution just to be sure that is where the problem is at.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi! i just noticed the new HTC 2.5.9. I'm using 2.5.5 rght now and would like to update.

Should I follow the steps in Update_from_V_2.5.5_to_V_2.5.6.txt and then Update_from_V_2.5.6_to_V_2.5.7.txt ? And after that? Sorry, I just did not understand which files to look in for instructions.

You can just use the Update_from_V_2.5.6_to_V_2.5.7.txt file in the 2.5.9 version. The only changes from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 are include in 2.5.9 so it is a straight update.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I see the changes need to be made in the admin->catagories.php file. Does the database_setup.php change affect users of HTC 2.5.8? Besides the catagories changes are there and database changes?

Thanks

Todd

I see the changes need to be made in the admin->catagories.php file. Does the database_setup.php change affect users of HTC 2.5.8? Besides the catagories changes are there and database changes?

Thanks

Todd

V 2.5.9 was uploaded because there was a mistake in the included admin/categories.php file. Some people use this when they install so if they used v 2.5.8, it would break their shops. If you installed v 2.5.8 without using the included file (if you did it by the instructions), then there is no reason for you to change anything.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Does someone have a working catagory.php that I could use to compare with?
If you mean the admin/categories.php file, it is in the V 2.5.9 package.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons