• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Can anyone tell me where I can find the module mentioned below? I've looked all over the place and can't find anything like it. I had Header Tags installed first and working, then added STS Plus and the header information isn't changing anymore. Thanks a ton.

- To have Header Tags working with STS PLUS, you need to install a module. You can get the module from the same page as the Header Tags contribution.

- Rigadin

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me where I can find the module mentioned below? I've looked all over the place and can't find anything like it. I had Header Tags installed first and working, then added STS Plus and the header information isn't changing anymore. Thanks a ton.
The statement, "you need to install a module" sure doesn't make a lot of sense. You should ask in the support thread for that contribution. Maybe the author would be willing to explain it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I explained how to do this somewhere in this thread. Basically, you need to run the update categories and update categories description sql files, replace your includes/header_tags.php with the newer one and make all of the new changes to admin.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I have updated my sql files and the includes/header_tags.php file. I'm working on the updates to the admin, but I've already run into a snag. I've updated admin/categories.php, but now I'm getting the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'c.category_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.date_added, c.last_modified, c.category_head_title_tag, c.category_head_desc_tag, c.category_head_keywords_tag from categories c, categories_description cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order, cd.categories_name

My categories_descriptions table has the following fields: categories_name, categories_heading_title, categories_description, categories_htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag and categories_htc_description.

Any idea where I've gotten off track?

Thanks!!

You need to remove the code that was there before that relates to the category changes. When the change was made to the database to move the category fields from one table to another, the name was changed from category_head... to categoies_head... to differentiate the different versions. If you use a compare program and compare your categories file with the one in the contribution, you should be able to find the code pretty easily.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

quote: <

HELP!!

I Just installed Header Tags Controller 2.5.6, and get this error when I click onto my catalog link within the admin section:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /home/specopst/public_html/shop/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 1148

When I open categories.php and look, I see that the error refers to the very last line in the file. This is the code which is there:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

I followed the instructions, to the "T". I also used a file-comparison program to confirm that all of the correct adjustments were made to the categories.php file. I am able to see and go into the new "header tags" section as well as it's three sub-sections. I am also able to complete the "default title/description/keywords area, and at least improve from the canned OSc text. Any tips as to how I can create new "pages" to facilitate individualized page tags for each of my categories would also be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

>quote

I had exactly the same problem, I then used the admin/categories.php that comes with my version Header_Tags_V2.5.6 and it works fine now. Urte

hello,

i installed STS plus and Header Tags Controller 2.5.6 now its the second time and same. Headers do not change. No errors no nothing. I made all changes. There are no errors just do not add any headers. Admin panel working normaly i can type and save all changes but when i open catalog nothing happens.

installed contributions STS plus and header tags. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE!

thank you in advance.

You need to remove the code that was there before that relates to the category changes....

Jack

Thanks!! I pretty much started over like it was a new contribution and it seems to be working. :)

Couple of questions:

1. When I'm editing a category in the Admin, should I see the "Meta Tag Information" fields like I do when editing a product? I was expecting those fields to be present, but they are not.

2. How do you enter Meta Tag info for a page you have added? I went to the header tags controller page and clicked "update" under "Check Missing Pages". I see the page I want to add Meta info to listed in the dropdown, but I don't quite get how to add the info. I'm sure the directions are here in the forum, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Thanks!!!

1 - The tags for categories show up when you edit a category, not a product.

2 - You need to add the page in Page Control. Enter the name as the page is named. So contact_us.php would be contact_us, not contact us.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

1 - The tags for categories show up when you edit a category, not a product.

When I edit a product, I see the fields to edit the meta tag information for the product. However, when I edit a category, I do not see any fields to edit the category's meta tag information. You're saying I should also see meta tag info fields for categories, right? If so, do you have any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

2 - You need to add the page in Page Control. Enter the name as the page is named. So contact_us.php would be contact_us, not contact us.

I have a page named fundraising.php, and I've added it via page control. When I click on "Text Control", I see the page listed, and the Title field has the title listed. However, when I view the fundraising.php page, I do not see the Title. I do see the Default title, so it is partially working. Any suggestions??

Thanks again!!

1 - Do you have the categories description contribution installed? If you do, that will override Header Tags. If not, then you probably made a mistake when installing into cateogires.php. Try uploading the one in the contribution and see it if works then.

2 - Adding a page in Header Tags just means to add the page name to the list. It doesn't create an actual page or add any code to it. So you need to edit that file and add the title code as described in Install_Catalog.txt.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

From what I have been told, there is a file or change that needs to be installed with Header Tags for it to work. Apparently that was uploaded into the files section but was deleted for some reason. You will need to ask the author of STS Plus, or whoever posted it, to provide it again.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Can you take a visit to my store?

http://shashinki.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=35

It looks like I only get the product title in my meta tag keywords and descriptions. Both are using only the product name only.

I was hoping that the meta descriptions can include the description of my product...

Is this how this HTC works? Or I am missing something?

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

1 - Do you have the categories description contribution installed? If you do, that will override Header Tags. If not, then you probably made a mistake when installing into cateogires.php. Try uploading the one in the contribution and see it if works then.

Yep, I do have cat descriptions installed. I didn't even realize they used the same code. Bummer. Is there a workaround that allows both contributions to be used, or do you know of another way to add text before your products are displayed in a category?

2 - Adding a page in Header Tags just means to add the page name to the list. It doesn't create an actual page or add any code to it. So you need to edit that file and add the title code as described in Install_Catalog.txt.

Sorry, I'm a little slow on this one. Okay, I have a page named fundraising.php. I went to "Page Control" and typed in fundraising as the page name and entered meta tag info for that page. Do I now need to do something to the fundraising.php page, or is that taken care of since my site uses STS?

Thanks!

Hi Jack,

Can you take a visit to my store?

http://shashinki.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=35

It looks like I only get the product title in my meta tag keywords and descriptions. Both are using only the product name only.

I was hoping that the meta descriptions can include the description of my product...

Is this how this HTC works? Or I am missing something?

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

That's how it works. The new version will have an option to override that from Fill Tags but I'm not sure when I will have thast completed. In the meantime, the description tag can be edited in admin->catalog but that would take a lot of time if you have more than a few products to do.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yep, I do have cat descriptions installed. I didn't even realize they used the same code. Bummer. Is there a workaround that allows both contributions to be used, or do you know of another way to add text before your products are displayed in a category?

Sorry, I'm a little slow on this one. Okay, I have a page named fundraising.php. I went to "Page Control" and typed in fundraising as the page name and entered meta tag info for that page. Do I now need to do something to the fundraising.php page, or is that taken care of since my site uses STS?

Thanks!

1 - If Categories Description is installed correctly (not changed when Header Tags was installed), then it will work fine and display the description as you want. Both contributions will work fine together but that one section of code can only use one of them.

2 - It's been a while since I messed with STS but I think you still need to edit the individual files to include the Header Tags code. Try it and see what happens. It only takes a few minutes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hallo again,

I have the same problem of my test installation (whit English) on my home PC. How store you the settings from fill tags? By re open the fill tag selected was ever skip all tag is this okay?

The settings in the German header control was okay he switch from 0 to 1 if I change by Text Control are he use ever the first default from Text Control, or a problem in the switch case Function (include header control)?

Regards

Schrotti

I'm sorry but I don't understand. Part of the answer for the first question is that fill tags saves the changes to the database.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's how it works. The new version will have an option to override that from Fill Tags but I'm not sure when I will have thast completed. In the meantime, the description tag can be edited in admin->catalog but that would take a lot of time if you have more than a few products to do.

Jack

Thanks. I was hoping to have automatic fill mode instead of having to fill all the description tags one by one myself...I have more than a hundred products now... :(

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

The fill tags will fill in the description but will fill it in with the product name which is usually the best way to optimize the page anyway.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If you are asking what table Fill Tags updates, that would be categories_description and products_description.

Jack

Hmm ?

I see in this table?s only the key and title tag, not the settings from the Fill Tag Site (the site whit the ckeck boxes)