• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Oh my gosh it worked. What I don't understand is that I was having the same problems before I did another clean install. How weird. Thank you SO VERY MUCH! I wish I could pay you, you have saved me many more hours of suffering.

Thanks again! Your help is truely appreciated.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've installed a new store by duplicating an existing one (on different servers). I've tested it out pretty thoroughly and everything's working as it should, except for an error when I try to use the Header Tags Controller in Admin. I get the following error when I hit "submit"

Cannot change the mode of file (../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

Thanks much for any help.

I have header tags installled and have the product name appearing in the title tag but i want to have the manufacturers name in there as well but cant get it to work.

Can anyone help please.

Also is there anything that can tell me exactly how the header tgas contribution works so i can understand it better.

Thanks a lot

The code for displaying the manufacturers doesn't exist in the contribution yet. I have started working on it and it will be available in it will be available in the next version I do.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Good evening everyone. I am having my first problem with this contribution that I can't seem to figure out. I am able to add text to this category here...

http://www.justphish.com/index.php?cPath=23_44

However, I am trying to add text to the category titled Build Your Own here...

http://www.justphish.com/index.php?cPath=23_45

However I can't seem to get it to display. Are there any ideas why it will show in one category but it won't show up in the other.

Thanks.

If the description shows up in admin when you edit the category, then the problem would have to be in the index.php file. Be sure you made all of the chages to that file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

This contribution is awesome!

Took a while...very time-intensive to install, as I had to manually edit files courtesy of the other contribs I had installed previously, but...terrific! Does everything the instructions says it will!

Thank You very much to whomever wrote this! I have CCGV and Purchase Without Account, just to mention a few of the bigger installs, and...no problem with this. Does not seem to interact with any of the previous contribs I've installed. Thanks!

I do have a question.

I'm using a tiny bit of html code in my product titles. Just a simple line break <br>. That html line break is showing in the headers now that I've gone thru Admin and chose to 'fill all tags'; all of my items with the header tags contrib. Any way to fix that or does it even matter, with regard to search engines?

Other than that...and I assume it's inconsequential, really...doing a happy dance over this contrib! Thanks!

Andrea

W3.org specs say no html tags.

Titles may contain character entities (for accented characters, special characters, etc.), but may not contain other markup (including comments).

not sure if it will actually affect the SEO.

If the description shows up in admin when you edit the category, then the problem would have to be in the index.php file. Be sure you made all of the chages to that file.

Jack

It works for every other category I have attempted to add a description to and this is the only issue I have had thus far. I don't see how if I didn't modify the files correctly, especially the index.php, that it would work for every category except one specific one.

If it is working for all categories but one, then I would suspect that category is not set up correctly in admin. Take another look at it. Maybe you have some character in the text you added that is confusing the code. Just change it to Hello for a test.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just found it....in a previous post

QUOTE(Jack_mcs @ Jan 31 2006, 07:20 PM) *

You don't need to remove categories description if you don't want. You just have to remember that if you want to edit a category in admin, you have to turn off the Categories Description option in admin->configuration and turn it on again when you are done. It makes things a little more difficult but it may be easier than backing out the code.

Jack

EVENING!

Just thought i would have a change and have re installed oscommerce!

anyway i just started adding all the contirbutions i thought i would need everything is working fine installed

ultra_pics_v1.0

and then

HTC Admin MS2.2

but i seem to be writing over the same config files?

so only one will contribution will work at any one time.

Will i have to edit the config files myself or is there an easier way?

Will i have to edit the config files myself or is there an easier way?

Many folks use a program like winmerge or Beyond Compare to merge changes from contributions into their store. But you are in luck. Jack has painstakenly included the changes in the installation directions. Just follow the step by step file changes in the 2 direction files Install_Catalog.TXT & Install_Admin.TXT

If it is working for all categories but one, then I would suspect that category is not set up correctly in admin. Take another look at it. Maybe you have some character in the text you added that is confusing the code. Just change it to Hello for a test.

Jack

The category works just fine. I created it in the in admin using the configuration tool just like all the others and there's nothing I have done different from one to the other.

Have you looked at the examples I provided?

look in the instruction file: Install_Catalog.TXT

I believe you have missed the instruction that starts:

Around line 78:

the two examples you provided are actually produced from two different location of the index.php file. (one has subcats, one doesn't)

Edited by surfalot

Jack, sounds like you're working on a new version. so I'll pass this to you for inclusion...

There is an SQL injection possibility in the install directions and the new store copy files. The instruction that follows this in the admin install file:

Around line 675, find this section of code

In 2 places, both the "find this" and the "replace with this" code the SQL line ends with this:

'" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

should be:

'" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

same change has to be made in the catalog_for_new_shop_only/admin/categories.php.

I checked the base osC download, categories.php has the (int) there.

So what are you working on for the new version?

Thanks for that. J just made that change. I had already added the fix from the security patch for the extra slash in new products. There are a few other minor things like that that I am changing. The main change will be to add manufacturer tags. Quite a few people have asked for that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Quick question:

My advanced_search.php file has the following code:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

I am supposed to change:

[/code]<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

to this:

<?php

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.5.2

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.5.2

?>

As you can see, I have an extra line in there. Can someone please help/

Thanks!

You need to keep the one line

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

Place it after the Header Tags code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi-

I'm receiving two errors after installing this contrib. Here they are:

1) On the Category page the following code is printing out instead of the Header:

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query); ?>

2) On the Product page I am receiving this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() catalog/includes/header_tags.php on line 187

If you need more info to diagnose let me know.

Thanks!