• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I got problems.

It is fucnctioning but not in the way it should.

Anyone have any ideas. Such a shame because I can see it has worked great for others,

and I can get it to work if I add Meta data to pages like "Contact Us" etc , that all works fine.

I look forward to any suggestions.

Looks like great Contribution. I'm running this on a local host at home so I cant post links to the site.

Here's an example of how its not working.

I enter the data

untitled-1.gif

Update here

untitled-2.gif

When I go back this is what I get it seems to have written the catagory name into the

other fields.

untitled-3.gif

If I look at the catagory the default <Meta> Page Titile appears and Meta Keywords and Description

havent changed they are also the default.

result.gif

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Chris

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THATS DONE IT!

I owe you a drink. /me tips hat. I was sure I had tried replacing those files

and was sure it was something more complex. :rolleyes:

Looks like they somehow got corrupted I tried replacing many other files bit obviously not those.

All is working. Thanks so much for your time Jack . . . over Christmas too :)

Hello everyone,

i installed this module and while it was fine for the catalog part, after making the changes and uploading them for the admin section, the admin end does not load. The page just stays blank. I tried it in Firefox and IE and same issue. It used to work before i made the admin end update. I made all changes as per the specifications. Can someone please guide me here. The catalog part works fine still and when i edit a product header title etc in the db, i am able to view it in the front end.

Thanks

AJ

Which part of the admin section does not load - the header Tags tool or the catalog page?

Jack

the catalog page does not load at all Jack. Everytime i try to login, it just loads a blank page. no error messages are displayed.

thanks

AJ

You may have uploaded the admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php file over the admin/categories.php file. If that is not it, try replacing your admin/categories.php file with the one in the contribution. If that works, then compare the two files to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You may have uploaded the admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php file over the admin/categories.php file. If that is not it, try replacing your admin/categories.php file with the one in the contribution. If that works, then compare the two files to find the problem.

Jack

Jack. I tried copying the categories.php from the install but still no luck. The page just loads blank and does not seem to work at all. Could you help me on this. thanks for all ur help.

AJ

I tried copying the categories.php from the install but still no luck. The page just loads blank and does not seem to work at all.

Try clearing your browser cache and reloading the /admin/categories.php from the HTC package. If that doesn't work, I would back-out the HTC changes to your /admin/categories.php (or restore your backup of this file). Then reinstall each code section for HTC and check the page after each code section you insert/change. You should be able to narrow down where the problem is this way.

I had the same problem... It isnt that it is loading a blank page, the /admin/categories.php file is bombing out. After careful review, I found this:

$contents
	// HTC BOC
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Title' . $category_htc_title_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Description' . $category_htc_desc_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Category Keywords' . $category_htc_keywords_string);
	$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . 'Header Tags Categories Description' . $category_htc_description_string);

Where the lone $contents was bombing it out. I pasted some code in "bonehead" mode :D

In your case, I would say that you may have unintentionally deleted a bracket, added an extra one, or something that is causing it to totally bomb.

On mine, everything worked as expected aside from the categories.php. If that is your only problem, you've got malformed or missing code somewhere....

Jack. I tried copying the categories.php from the install but still no luck. The page just loads blank and does not seem to work at all. Could you help me on this. thanks for all ur help.

AJ

Did you also replace the admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php file?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello.

Great contribution. Cant believe how easy and useful this is :thumbsup:

One short question. To make the tags work for other languages do I then have to copy :

catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

to example

catalog/includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php

and edit the file for danish keywords ?

The reason why is when you enter the site through english you should see english titles, keywords etc. and if you enter through the danish version you should see danish titles, keywords etc.

It seems like I only can add the tags for English in Text control menu of the admin

Happy new year to everybody!

Yes, you would need to copy those files. You should also do the same in the admin section and make the changes to the danish.php file as mentioned for the english.php file. There is also a fix for a bug mentioned in the last page or two for the languages in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yesterday I installed version Header Tags 2.5.5 on my site (new install - not an upgrade) and it appeared to be working well; however, when I selected a few other categories and subcategories in the store I get the following code displayed vice the header tag description:

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query); ?>

I have tried for the better part of a day to determine what is causing the problem, but I must admit my knowledge is limited with PHP and osCommerce. I suspect that it is something minor. Any suggestions how to get the description to display correctly, vice the code? Thanks in advance for your help.

Terry

In the install directions: Install_Catalog.TXT

Search for the text: Around line 247

This is the step that got messed up. You see a ?> tag at the very begining of the "what to look for" section.

I suspect you inserted the following code after that first ?> tag instead of replacing it. That's my guess.

In the install directions: Install_Catalog.TXT

Search for the text: Around line 247

This is the step that got messed up. You see a ?> tag at the very begining of the "what to look for" section.

I suspect you inserted the following code after that first ?> tag instead of replacing it. That's my guess.

That fixed the problem, many thanks. It works great!

Terry

Did you also replace the admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php file?

Jack

I tried that and it didnt work out. So what i did what was restore the admin folder to the original files and then copied one by one the changes till it finally worked. The file which was causing me issues is application_top.php in the /catalog/includes/ folder. Everytime i copied that file to the main site, the admin would only load a blank page. When i replace that with the original OSC file, then admin works fine. The contrib is working right now without me uploading the new ver of the application_top.php. Any suggestions, why this could have been happening?

Thanks

AJ

The application_top file in catalog/includes should not have any effect on your admin at all. You could delete it completely and your admin section would still work. Are ou sure you didn't make the change to the application_top file in admin? That should not be changed by Header Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I took the plunge and installed this contribution today - the first contribution I have installed for my new store. So far, no error messages or anything.

*fingers and toes crossed*

It only took me a total of 2 hours (amid interruptions from hubby, resting eyes, etc).

Not too shabby for someone with limited exposure to PHP and such.

Sorry, just feeling good about myself in doing the install of the contribution with no problems nor help.

I am so smart, I am so smart....

S - M - R - T I mean, S-M-A-R-T

~Homer Simpson

I've just finished installing the contrib.. one small problem.. the new fields are not showing up in my administration pages so I can't add header information to my products..

I've been over ita ll about 3 times and it all looks OK.. does anyone have an idea what could be going wrong? I had to do it all manually as I have short descriptions installed and couldn't just copy and paste the code - I had to dedit the short desc stuff back in again.

The new headers etc are being pulled from the database OK..

I'm confused!

:blink: :blink: :blink: :huh:

Just to specify.. the "Header Tags" in the left column are OK.. it's just the fields that should appear on the page to edit the categories and the products that are missing.

I have checked the categories.php and the code for them is in there.. it's just not showing up!! :'(

Does the short description contribution have an on/off setting in admin? I know that the Categories Description contribution will prevent the fields from showing unless it is turned off first. Maybe that is the case here?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I was wondering about the following, I installed headertags on my site.

On the admin side I have a area to fill in the categorie description, however on the catalog side the description is not showing under the subcategories.

Is there a possibillity to get them to show under/above the categories pictures and also on the productlisting page above the listings.

example what I mean with Categorie Pics

example what I mean with Listing pages

Denice

Edited by jewelrytrends