• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

done everything and when i go to the admin i get this

1046 - No Database Selected

select configuration_key as cfgKey, configuration_value as cfgValue from configuration

[TEP STOP]

Please help

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i figured this out but now i get this

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_category_htc_title() (previously declared in /usr/home/chrisr/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:475) in /usr/home/chrisr/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php

I must be missing something. I've made all the mods and have no errors. header_tags.php gets written to ok. I've put some meta data against one of my products but it doesn't appear when i 'View Source' for that product in the catalog. It's there in the database and every time I return to that product it's in admin. It just doesn't display on the product_info.php page - and yes, I have put the modded <head> code in.

What am I doing wrong?

I must be missing something. I've made all the mods and have no errors. header_tags.php gets written to ok. I've put some meta data against one of my products but it doesn't appear when i 'View Source' for that product in the catalog. It's there in the database and every time I return to that product it's in admin. It just doesn't display on the product_info.php page - and yes, I have put the modded <head> code in.

What am I doing wrong?

I can't see any code anywhere that extracts the meta data from the products_desciption table and displays it as meta data in the product_info.php page.

catalog/includes/header_tags.php doesn't query the database at all for data for product_info.php.

Confused?!?!

From that file around line 158

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'" . " and pd.language_id ='" .  $languages_id . "'");

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

From that file around line 158
	$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'" . " and pd.language_id ='" .  $languages_id . "'");

Jack

thanks Jack - sorted. Not sure what had happened - either I'd placed the wrong file in the wrong place or something else was amiss. I replaced this file with a fresh one and bingo!

Cheers

It appears the title is not being read in. If it exists properly in the database, then the includes/header_tags.php or english/header_tags.php file are the most likely problems. Try temporairly replacing them with either the files from the archive or from your other shop.

Jack

Jochen & Fredrik - Are you changing the languages selector on the fill tags page before you run that option? It will only fill the tags for the language that is set regardless of what language your admin panel is set to.

Yes, the language selector is set to swedish. I only use one language in my shop at this moment but I will include english today.

Hi. I'm sorry to be a pest, but I need to get this issue with the title bar fixed. I put on another post the other day, but I haven't heard any feedback.

The post was number 1520

If someone could assist, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank you very much.

Bruce

Edited by bhomis

You need a program named phpmyadmin. It should be available through your host. Once in it, select your database from the left column. Then click on the SQL tab on the right. Click browse, select the file to be uploaded and click OK

The above is the normal method and you will need it for other contributions. For Heade Tags, you can also upload the database_setup.php file to your root directory, go to http://www.yoursite.com/database_setup.php and press enter. The database will be updated.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi there,

just updated my shop to to oscommerce-2.2ms2-051112. Everything works fine, except the Header Tags (version 2.55) which are not shown up in the browsers head.

The tags are in the database and the admin sections works fine. So i can clear, fill etc. the tags.

The MS2 update modifies some output functions, maybe that's the reason for not showing up header tags.

Thanks for any help!

erdm?nnchen

Hi

I have just installed the header tag controller (catalog & admin). When Igo to the new header tag page in my admin I get the below message at the top of the screen. Could this have anything to do with file permissions? If so Could you tell me how do I change them.(sorry I am very new to this)

Warning: session_start(): open(/data/session/sess_b07203362fd44aa76a3a9baee885c34b, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /data/members/paid/t/h/thexmasstocking.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/members/paid/t/h/thexmasstocking.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /data/members/paid/t/h/thexmasstocking.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Thanks in advance for any help

Mike

Hi there,

just updated my shop to to oscommerce-2.2ms2-051112. Everything works fine, except the Header Tags (version 2.55) which are not shown up in the browsers head.

The tags are in the database and the admin sections works fine. So i can clear, fill etc. the tags.

The MS2 update modifies some output functions, maybe that's the reason for not showing up header tags.

Thanks for any help!

erdm?nnchen

I just tried installing version 20051113 and the tags did disappear after installation. However, when I ran fill tags and tried it again, they came back.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I have just installed the header tag controller (catalog & admin). When Igo to the new header tag page in my admin I get the below message at the top of the screen. Could this have anything to do with file permissions? If so Could you tell me how do I change them.(sorry I am very new to this)

Warning: session_start(): open(/data/session/sess_b07203362fd44aa76a3a9baee885c34b, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /data/members/paid/t/h/thexmasstocking.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/members/paid/t/h/thexmasstocking.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /data/members/paid/t/h/thexmasstocking.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Thanks in advance for any help

Mike

That could be a permissions problem. Try changing includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php to 755 (or maybe 777).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just tried installing version 20051113 and the tags did disappear after installation. However, when I ran fill tags and tried it again, they came back.

Jack

Hi Jack, I know it ain't easy with me. I still have two problems. One with "language selector" (see previous posts) and one with the MS2-update.

What I did now, is to install a vanilla ms-updated-version. The only contrib I use right now, is your Header Tags 2.5.5. And: IT WORKS!

But only as long as i have at least 2 languages installed. Try for yourself to uninstall in admin english and espanol. So german is standard language. Header Tags are no longer written oder deleted in the database. Reinstall english and/or espanol, reset via phpmyadmin the language-ids to the originals (english=1, espanol=3) and everything works!

That's no real problem for me, cause i simple hardcode the language to german and uninstall english and espanol. So this problem is no real problem for me. It just occurs if i use one language only after uninstalling the other languages.

Okay, so your Header Tags Contrib seems to be ok. I now still have a problem with a heavily modified version of an old MS2-installation. I use around 20 Contribs in it, but it worked until i updated manually to MS-121112005 (and hardcoded language-id). Maybe there are interferences with Ultimate SEO URL 2.1c ( especially the seo.class.php due to "outsorced" link-functions), Header Tags and Update.

Well it's like hell. Didn't find the mistake after 20 hours of searching. So i have to reinstall all contribs now on the updated version.

Edited by erdm?nnchen

What happend: After installing Header Tag Controller in a new shop, only the Produkt Tags were showing up properly. The rest were showing all the same and I could not modifie them. In German and English.

What I did, I was following the installing instruction exactly. A bit too much of it. ;-)

Modifying the index.php as the instruction says. And every file in the root of the catalog, where change of TITLE is nacassary. "This applies to most of the files in your root directory (the same location where your

index.php file is located)."

That all made me think: "OK, the index.php is done!" But as I mentioned above, it didn't work properly.

After a while reading nearly this complet threat, I started thinking about the index.php.

You mighht guess it allready! Yes we do have to change in the index.php the:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

into

<?php

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.5.2

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.5.2

?>

as well!

Yes and now everything works fine!

(My first little contribution) :)

Regards

Peter

I have installed this and it seems to be working well. However, I still have one problem. In my admin menu, it says things like "BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER." Where do I fix/change this?

I found the answer to my own question. You need to add this to the admin/includes/languages/english.php file:

// header_tags_controller text in includes/boxes/header_tags_controller.php

define('BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER', 'Header Tags');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_ADD_A_PAGE', 'Page Control');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_ENGLISH', 'Text Control');

define('BOX_HEADER_TAGS_FILL_TAGS', 'Fill Tags');

I installed the wonderful Header Tags Controller last night. Everything seems to

be functioning properly and I followed the instructions very carefully, but I am

having a strange problem.

I read through a large portion of this support topic to see if anyone else has had

this problem, but I didn't see anything.

I ran the Fill Tags function and it filled in the Product Name for all 3 tags, which

might be what it is supposed to do. But, I wanted to have a more thorough

description, so I modified the 3 tags in the Header Tags Controller for one product,

so that I could see how it looked. When I View Source, I can see that it did update

all of the meta tags; however, the Product Name is now blank. It isn't blank when

you are in edit mode for the product, but when you are in Admin and view the

list of products, the name for this one product is blank; and, when you view the

product at the website, the name is also blank.

Here is the product page for the product that is missing the name:

Photo Tapestry no name

Here is another product page where I have not made any modifications

(just for comparison purposes):

Photo Blanket with everything okay

I am clueless....

I tried it will another product and it did the same

thing (Product Name was blank), but I made

sure that I cancelled it instead of clicking update.

That's a nifty trick.

*Back-up* your database to be safe.

If you run the fill tags again, does the product name come back?

if not...

Run this SQL in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE products_description SET products_head_title_tag='', products_head_desc_tag='', products_head_keywords_tag='';

This will clear all the header tags. I tested the SQL on my test store, should not be a problem.

does the product name come back then?

Thanks for the suggestions.

I first tried the Fill All Tags and it ran, but the product name was

still blank.

Then, I tried entering the SQL command and it ran successfully,

but the product name is still blank. In fact, it cleared out all of

my product tags, so I went and ran Fill All Tags and it filled all

of them except for that one product. Now, the tags for that

product are completely empty, as you can see here:

ProductNameProblem2.jpg

Just to be clear, fill tags doen't fill in the products name. If that is missing, you will need to edit the product and add it. If the name disappears after you make a change, try replacing the categories file with the one in the contribution to see if the problem still occurs. I suspect there is a problem in the file causing the name to be erased.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Just to be clear, fill tags doen't fill in the products name. If that is missing, you will need to edit the product and add it. If the name disappears after you make a change, try replacing the categories file with the one in the contribution to see if the problem still occurs. I suspect there is a problem in the file causing the name to be erased.

Jack

Hi Jack,

kirchenbauer ended up removing the Title input box when making changes to the categories.php. I think I got her fixed up.

-todd