• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Cool--which is how it is.

Finally I don't see anything defined twice (shown above) and that's everything you suggested up to now.

I think it works anyway even tho I have undefined variables and redefines, no? Not that I like it that way.

Again, if you have a suggest of a tool, great.

A most important question:

Is it normal that there is no BOF for the EOF after the generated meta tags ?

Thanks again,

India

There should only be a HEADING_TITLE_ENGLISH but it should be defined in your French directory.

Jack

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack,

Thanks again for your time. I'm gonna cut my losses--maybe look at creloaded. (I installed a different contrib and got new redefined constants. Something basic isn't right.)

Oh well.

Best,

India

Cool--which is how it is.

Finally I don't see anything defined twice (shown above) and that's everything you suggested up to now.

I think it works anyway even tho I have undefined variables and redefines, no? Not that I like it that way.

Again, if you have a suggest of a tool, great.

A most important question:

Is it normal that there is no BOF for the EOF after the generated meta tags ?

Thanks again,

India

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Do you have the HTTA box unchecked for product info? If you do, then that will do it. If it is checked, try turning STS off for a quick test. Does the title display correctly in the page now?

Jack

Hi jack. i have now tried to disable the function in STS system and it gives me the default title that is defined in the main language file.

now i doo see the text specified in the product info title in admin but i do not see the individual product name in the header

another ting i discovered is that in admin it seems like the contribution tries to add some info to the main title

initially

" osCommerce : What\'\'\'s New Here? - Hardware "

then after some updates it looks like this

osCommerce : What\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s New Here? - Hardware

Have you ran Fill Tags? As for the slashes, I've seen that before when slashes were netered in admin->Header Tags. The text should be entered as normal. You don't need to escape the apostrophes. You will need to remove all of those extra slashes for it to work correctly.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Have you ran Fill Tags? As for the slashes, I've seen that before when slashes were netered in admin->Header Tags. The text should be entered as normal. You don't need to escape the apostrophes. You will need to remove all of those extra slashes for it to work correctly.

Jack

Yes i have run the auto fill function but i have two languages installed english and danish and the autofill only fills the english words. but still no individual product name in the header tag.

i have tried dynamic header tag(it think its called so) and it did also not work.

i think it has something to do with the sts system

but i must admit that im partially happy with how it runs now, because it does display what i manually write in the page editor and the meta tags are accually found by the searchmachines :)

The latest version has Fill Tags in the admin section with a drop down list to fill the different languages. You may want to consider upgrading.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Are you sure it is not filling in the fields or are they just not displaying? To verify if they are being filled in, you need to look at your database with phpmyadmin. If it is a case of not displaying them, do you have the files and code added to your danish directory?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I've installed the (7 Sep 2005 - Header Tags Controller v2.5.5 Complete) version.

After installing the contrib worked perfect in all languages that I need.

Then I added files that I need (almost all pages from the catalog)

"Categories and Product" headers stoped working.

I have just installed this contribution (version 2.5.5) and it seems to be working ...

but I have tried the "Fill Tags", and it doesnt work for me ... nothing is writen into the database table (I am checking it in table - not on catalog pages)

Does anybody know what can be wrong?

Jack,

I've installed the (7 Sep 2005 - Header Tags Controller v2.5.5 Complete) version.

After installing the contrib worked perfect in all languages that I need.

Then I added files that I need (almost all pages from the catalog)

"Categories and Product" headers stoped working.

By adding the pages, do you mean you added them in admin->Header Tags? Try restoring the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php files to the original ones and verify everyting is working. Then just change some text in admin->Header Tags->Text Control and see if that works.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed this contribution (version 2.5.5) and it seems to be working ...

but I have tried the "Fill Tags", and it doesnt work for me ... nothing is writen into the database table (I am checking it in table - not on catalog pages)

Does anybody know what can be wrong?

There's nothing in the code that should be shop-dependant for fill tags so it should work. Try entering something into one of the tags via admin->catalog by editing the product. Does the entry get changed in the database then?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Need help! :'(

I installed osCommerce on my site, then add Header Tags Controller mod and Additional images.

So, after few days i change template of my osCommerce and i have error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in /home/users/s/squeeze/docs/includes/header_tags.php on line 79

After that I added to the end of application_top.php these code:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v2.5.2

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v2.5.2

so Fatal error disappeared.

But appears another error:

Warning: main(includes/modules/FILENAME_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/users/s/squeeze/docs/product_info.php on line 219

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/FILENAME_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES' (include_path='.:/home/users/s/squeeze/incs/') in /home/users/s/squeeze/docs/product_info.php on line 219

<td align="center" class="smallText">

<?php

echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'], 1, 2));

?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

line 219 <td> <?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES); ?>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2" class="infoBox">

<tr class="infoBoxContents">

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

I have that error when press on any product...

So please tell me, what should I do?

P.S. sorry 4 my english :) I'm from Russia.

When you see the created name like FILENAME_ADDITIONAL_IMAGES, it means that name has not been defined. Check the instructions for that contribution and find where it is created. It should be in your includes/filename.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

By adding the pages, do you mean you added them in admin->Header Tags? Try restoring the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php files to the original ones and verify everyting is working. Then just change some text in admin->Header Tags->Text Control and see if that works.

Jack

Jack

First I would like to thank you for tour response - It was very helpful - you were right about those two files you mentioned it was duplicate block of code that belongs to a specific file

Vlad

There's nothing in the code that should be shop-dependant for fill tags so it should work. Try entering something into one of the tags via admin->catalog by editing the product. Does the entry get changed in the database then?

Jack

I have tried to edit tags by editing product and it works fine - tags are saved in database and are corectly displayed in catalog.

But "fill tags" doesnt work.

Should it write something like "operation successful"? Because I cannot see it - when I select "Fill alll tags" and click update than it only seem that the page is reloaded and nothing happends.

Can you give me an advice?

What files is Fill tags function dependet? (or what modifications?) I will try to check them once again.

I should have added an Operation Completed message for the fill tags function. I will add that for the next release. There is nothing in that file that requires anything special. It just reads in the database and updates it. If it is not working for you, you could try using the file_tags.php file from the previous version. It does the same thing.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've installed this twice with the same result...here is the beginning of my index page.

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>

<title>Home Page   - osCommerce : </title>
 <META NAME="Description" Content="- osCommerce : What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies osCommerce : What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies">
 <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here?">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->

Why is it showing the Description and Keywords twice?

Also, there is the EOF at the bottom, but no BOF in the beginning...

I'm not sure where to look, any help is appreciated!

Great Contribution. Probably the best SEO feature and should absolutely be core code.

I ran into a problem and just can't get it to work and don't see anyone else here with it. Everything works perfectly until I want to edit a category, it's drivin me nuts. When I hit the "edit" button for a category it isappears. Using admin/categories.php for 2.5.5d Pics attached.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

I've installed this twice with the same result...here is the beginning of my index page.

Why is it showing the Description and Keywords twice?

Also, there is the EOF at the bottom, but no BOF in the beginning...

I'm not sure where to look, any help is appreciated!

My guess is that you have your index page information and the default information set to the same thing.

Jack

Great Contribution. Probably the best SEO feature and should absolutely be core code.

I ran into a problem and just can't get it to work and don't see anyone else here with it. Everything works perfectly until I want to edit a category, it's drivin me nuts. When I hit the "edit" button for a category it isappears. Using admin/categories.php for 2.5.5d Pics attached.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Are you sure it is just not off-screen? Does a scroll bar appear? If that is not the case, then there has probably been a mistake made in the categories.php file. Try replacing yours with the one in the contribution. If that works, then you know what file the problem is in. You will need to compare the two to find the actual cause.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

My guess is that you have your index page information and the default information set to the same thing.

Jack

Are you sure it is just not off-screen? Does a scroll bar appear? If that is not the case, then there has probably been a mistake made in the categories.php file. Try replacing yours with the one in the contribution. If that works, then you know what file the problem is in. You will need to compare the two to find the actual cause.

Jack

Jack;

Yes, it's not a scroll bar. And I AM using the one in the contribution.

Please help. I can't imagine I'm the only one with this problem as I am using the contribution file. :blink:

Hi all -

I'm trying to get HTC working; I'm sure it can't be as hard as this, but nothing has been very smooth about it. My current problem is this: when I click on the Header Tags box in Admin, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getsectionname() in /home/content/b/l/i/blisstrends/html/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 261

Now, if I'm following the logic flow properly (which I might not be), that function is called at least once prior to this error... so what could be wrong? Anybody else seen this?

Thanks -

Marc

Fixed it... I don't quite understand how this happened, but I had an /admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php file that didn't actually include any functions! Tres bizarre...

Hi all -

I'm trying to get HTC working; I'm sure it can't be as hard as this, but nothing has been very smooth about it. My current problem is this: when I click on the Header Tags box in Admin, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getsectionname() in /home/content/b/l/i/blisstrends/html/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 261

Now, if I'm following the logic flow properly (which I might not be), that function is called at least once prior to this error... so what could be wrong? Anybody else seen this?

Thanks -

Marc

Jack

No that's not the case. It's strange...I made the default blank for title, description, and keywords. The title will stay blank, but the description and keywords keep coming back.

So I changed the description for the home page and get this.

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>

<title>Home Page  - </title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
 <META NAME="DESCRIPTION" content="this is the home page osCommerce : What\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies">
 <META NAME="KEYWORDS" content="Hardware Software DVD Movies What\'s New Here? this is the home page">

I'm also getting this error when I click on the edit button to change product information, but not when I create a new product in a category

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in /var/www/html/products/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /var/www/html/products/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

David