• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

An update to my post at midnight on the 18th.

I used Beyond Compare to compare my /admin/categories.php file with the contributions file. I have added the Attributes Set contribution, and I have added the quantity discount contribution into this file.

Aside from lines added by one of the other contributions, I only found 3 differences in my file, other than things like spaces at the end of a line.

On line 403 of the contribution file, there is:

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

My file is the same, but doesn't have the ! in front of HTTP_POST_VARS. I added it and the error didnt go away.

My file has an (int) in front of $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] at the end of line 688 of the contribution:

$product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");

I removed the (int) and still had the error.

On line 937 of the contribution file,

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right"><?php if (isset($pInfo) && is_object($pInfo) && ($products['products_id'] == $pInfo->products_id)) { echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_arrow_right.gif', ''); } else { echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFO) . '</a>'; } ?> </td>

In my file, I added the following for the attribute set contribution between the <td class="dataTableContent" align="right"> and the <? php ....

<?php //JJG Atribute Sets - Begin

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_EDIT, 'pID=' . $products['products_id'].'&cPath='.$_GET['cPath']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icon_attribute_sets.gif', IMAGE_ICON_ATTRIBUTE_SETS) . '</a>';

//JJG Atribute Sets - End

?>

I switched the 2 php statements around, and it made no difference. I still got the error message.

All the files in the Header Tags contribution atleast exist on the site, including the ones in the includes directory.

Not sure where to go from here. The attribute sets and quantity discount contributions are compatible, but if I add in header tags, does it break things?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Scott

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've installed 2.4.9 (some references to 2.4.7 in the install instructions still) and all seems fine.

I have installed 2.4.5 on another install and that seems fine, but now on my new install the category headings seem to be in a plain black font, whereas before they stayed in the grey colour that is default.

Does that make sense?

Can someone tell me how to change the font - or where I have gone wrong.

This is what I added to stylesheet.css

h1 {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 20px;

font-weight: bold;

}

h2 {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 14px;

}

Thanks for any help.

Floob.

The heading use the h1 class while the sub-headings use the h2 class. Just add

color: #d0d0d0;

or what color you want, to change the color. If you didn't use these these classes before then you probably were using the pageheading class so you can just copy the color setting from it to either of these classes.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hey i just did a 1st install of HTC. I accidently posted in the wrong area so the problem i posted is here http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156234 I have problems with the right column disapearing after i installed HTC!! More detail is in that link, with visual reference.

Thanks,

:thumbsup:

I fixed my previous problem by manually adding a zzzz.php enty.

A new problem. I just realized that my default Heading Title (in the content section, not the META) on the Index.php page ("What's new here?") is no longer showing up. The category titles are functioning properly, but the index.php page no longer has a Heading Title. Is there an easy fix for this?

The heading use the h1 class while the sub-headings use the h2 class. Just add
color: #d0d0d0;

or what color you want, to change the color. If you didn't use these these classes before then you probably were using the pageheading class so you can just copy the color setting from it to either of these classes.

Jack

Thanks. Thats Perfect.

Hello,

I still have a problem with this great contribution and hope to get an answer here perhaps from the programmer himself.

First I had the problem that I could not get the correct categorie headings for the current languages.

So I changed back some code in Index.php:

Two times I changed following code back to the code of the categories describtion contribution code which was already installed:

<td><h1><?php echo $category['category_head_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>

The categories heading are ok now: Correct Heading for the current language.

The new problem is:

Using the fill_tags.php also the meta tags for the category overview(product listing; index.php/cpath/..) are fullfilled.

But unfortunately for the English side it also uses the german categories name, discription, and keywords for meta information.

There is already a solution known for this problem.

Best regards,

Hondo

Hi,

One question I have is what is the new category field used for?

I see title, keyword, and description. But now there is a new description field?

Thanks

Allen.

I need some help, this should be real easy for the header tags experienced. On the text control page in admin I see HTTA, HTDA, HTKA, HTCA.

I was told :

HTTA = header tag title all

HTDA= header tag description all

HTKA= header tag keyword all

What is HTCA?

What is supposed to happen when I check the boxes next to these options?

Does a check mean that it will use the default settings or does the check mean it will use the settings for that particular page?

Confused...

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

I have right now HeaderTags_V_2.4.6 install and would like to either uninstall it all or upgrade it. The reason for the uninstall is because It looks like I'm having problems when I install the PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT v0.82. So what I wanted to try is to first install the PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT v0.82 then install the latest version of HeaderTags_V_2.4.9 because I saw something on the forum about 2.5 being no good. Please advise. Thank you

I have right now HeaderTags_V_2.4.6 install and would like to either uninstall it all or upgrade it.  The reason for the uninstall is because It looks like I'm having problems when I install the PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT v0.82.  So what I wanted to try is to first install the PURCHASE WITHOUT ACCOUNT v0.82 then install the latest version of HeaderTags_V_2.4.9 because I saw something on the forum about 2.5 being no good.  Please advise.  Thank you

For what its worth, I have header tags 2.4.6 installed and I have just recently installed PWA. They same to work fine together for me.

What problems are you having?

Moon

For what its worth, I have header tags 2.4.6 installed and I have just recently installed PWA. They same to work fine together for me.

What problems are you having?

Moon

There are some lines in the PWA that want me to copy over but I see That there is something there already. Here is the post That i did about 2 days ago please take a look at it if you can http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156355&hl=

There are some lines in the PWA that want me to copy over but I see That there is something there already.? Here is the post That i did about 2 days ago please take a look at it if you can http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=156355&hl=

I used the login that came with PWA and copied in the header tags script where it was needed. In the header tags install instructions you will see additional information for adding header tag controller to new pages. Just do as it says...

Moon

Edited by moonbeam

I used the login that came with PWA and copied in the header tags script where it was needed. In the header tags install instructions you will see additional information for adding header tag controller to new pages. Just do as it says...

Moon

Lets say I just copied over the login that came with the PWA that should be fine correct and not add the Header tag controller for that file?

It has header tags, just not the controller. You can manually apply your header tags in the code. Or you can copy in the code needed for the controller from the install instructions that came with the header tags contribution. It's real easy to do, have a look at those instructions.

The more pages you have header tags on the better. I don't see the harm in not having the controller on the login page but, I'm sure others would contest. I say, If you are happy with what you have...Rock on!

Hope this helps...

Moon

Edited by moonbeam

It has header tags, just not the controller. You can manually apply your header tags in the code. Or you can copy in the code needed for the controller from the install instructions that came with the header tags contribution.  It's real easy to do, have a look at those instructions.

The more pages you have header tags on the better. I don't see the harm in not having the controller on the login page but, I'm sure others would contest. I say, If you are happy with what you have...Rock on!

Hope this helps...

Moon

thanks

I need some help, this should be real easy for the header tags experienced. On the text control page in admin I see HTTA, HTDA, HTKA, HTCA.

I was told :

What is HTCA?

Does a check mean that it will use the default settings or does the check mean it will use the settings for that particular page?

Confused...

Moon

Anyone know the answer to this?

Moon

Hi,

One question I have is what is the new category field used for?

I see title, keyword, and description. But now there is a new description field?

Thanks

Allen.

That's is a categories description field. If you don't put anything in it, just the category name will be shown. If you add something there, it will be displayed below the category. The more text on a page, the better, as far as the SE's are concerned. So adding keyword rich text to each category page will help with your positioning in the listings.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I was told :

What is HTCA?

Confused...

Moon

HTCA (c = categories) only currently works for the index page. It was added because some people use the category name in the title and it wasn't being displayed properly. I doubt that it will be used for any other pages but thought it best to add the code for handling it for any page when I added the admin section.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I was fiddling with my header tag controller today and for some reason now all the pages have taken on the default settings in the text controller. No matter what I do all the pages on my site show nothing but the default tags. Anyone have a clue as to what I have done?

Moon

I have just uploaded version 2.5.1. The only change made to it was in admin/header_tags_controller.php. When a page was added that should have been entered as the last file in the includes/header_tags.php file, it would place the code in the wrong place and cause a page load failure. To upgrade your version (only if you have one with this option in it), just replace the admin/header_tags_controller.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I still have a problem with this great contribution and hope to get an answer here perhaps from the programmer himself.

First I had the problem that I could not get the correct categorie headings for the current  languages.

So I changed back some code in Index.php:

Two times I changed following code back to the code of the categories describtion contribution code which was already installed:

<td><h1><?php echo $category['category_head_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>

The categories heading are ok now: Correct Heading for the current language.

The new problem is:

Using the fill_tags.php also the meta tags for the category overview(product listing; index.php/cpath/..) are fullfilled.

But unfortunately for the English side it also uses the german categories name, discription, and keywords for meta information.

There is already a solution known for this problem.

Best regards,

Hondo

Hello Jack,

Do you comprehend my above-mentioned problem and would be so kind to assist me, please?

Hondo