• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Hi,

I have just spent days loading and unloading Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2 and continue to have a problem with one set of code. I have loaded all the files as instructed and modified the required ones as well but each time I replace this bit of code :

:)

<?php

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_NAME; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', (isset($products_name[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_name[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_name($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

:( With this code:

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_title_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr></td>

</tr>

It breaks my new product page by omitting Product Name Field and replacing it with multiple description fields and duplicate meta title, meta description and meta keyword fields.

I am a newbee at this but this shouldn't be so difficult If anyone can shed some light on what I'm doing wrong I sure would appriciate it.

Thanks,

Don

My Webpage

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, great contribution. Extremely helpful.

I'm new to PHP and OSC in general and, frankly, I don't know what I'm doing. My questions are pretty simple, I'm sure, to those of you who know what you are doing.

First off, my site is http://www.unlimitedperfumes.com

As you can see, "Unlimited Perfumes" appears in the title of all the pages. What I want to know is:

1) How do I remove "Unlimited Perfumes" from all the pages that are not the home page only?

2) I want my category pages to read "Womens Discount" then the category name then "perfume." This would read, for example "Womens Discount Armani perfume" if we were in Armani category.

3) My product pages ONLY show "Unlimited Perfumes" in the title. How come they aren't showing the product name at all? I have Master/Slave contribution installed. Could this be it? My product pages are only showing Masters (by design)...could this be it as well?

Any help for this newbie (me), from you great folks, would be GREATLY appreciated.

JP

I have the Header Tags Controller installed, and I clicked on the spanish flag to check stuff, and it loaded the page, but it's not the theme/template I'm using; it's got a white background. At the top of the page it says:

Parse error: parse error in /home/virtual/site24/fst/var/www/html/store/includes/languages/espanol/header_tags.php on line 28

Now, line 28 reads thus:

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT','g?tico, horror, goth, regalos asustadizos, g?ticos, halloween, almac?n g?tico, c?ltico, fantas?a, gothic, frecuentada, vampiro, almac?n, vampiros, compra, bruja, tienda, decoraci?n, brujas, venta, decoraciones, libros, colgante, ankh, colgantes, esta?o, te, plata, ankhs, camisa, joyer?a, camisas, ropa, camisetas, colmillos, tshirts, colmillos del vampiro, camisa de t, no-ficcio'n, camisas de t, colmillos del vamp, camisa de la te, cr?neo, camisas de la te, almac?n g?tico, sanguinarius, almac?n del vampiro, colmillo, serpiente, drag?n, cobra, dragones, cr?neos, serpientes, costumbre, vampfangs, colmillos baratos, de encargo, comprable, realistas, dientes del vampiro, colmillos realistas, acr?lico, dracula, colmillos de acr?lico, fantom, kit termopl?stico, que moldea, ficci?n, kits que moldean, fantasma, espantap?jaros, hombre lobo, hornilla del incienso, werewolf, libro, incienso, esta?o, hornillas del incienso, plata, figurine, nonfiction, figurines');

Do I need to go and makes the \ escape sequence thing for the special characters like ?, ? and so forth? Is that what's giving me the problem?

Also, the german part doesn't look quite right either ( http://www.sanguinarius.org/store/index.php/language/de ) -- the page has to scroll to the right, and I see stuff like

TABLE_HEADING_PRICE: $6.95  and TEXT_MORE_INFO

but, I suspect THAT last problem comes fromthe Wolfen Featured Sets thing, so I won't go into it here.

--Sanguinarius

If you're reading this, I'm probably pulling my hair out. ;>

*waiting for osCommerce 3.0 alpha 6* (I'm after the coupons.)

Never mind. I fiddled around with it, taking the keywords out, to see if it would work, and it did. Then I put them back in, and it didn't work, so I looked at the keywords for maybe a / or something, and found "ficcio'n" instead of "ficci?n". Bubblefish, er, I mean Babelfish, made the special characters for the rest of the words. Go figure...

--Sanguinarius

If you're reading this, I'm probably pulling my hair out. ;>

*waiting for osCommerce 3.0 alpha 6* (I'm after the coupons.)

Hi i have the header tags contribution installed, but a problem occurred when i installed the HTMLArea 3.0 contribution. For admin/categories.php, it not only turned the description box into a rich html edit box, but also did the same thing with the 3 header tags text boxes.

There are others who have also encountered this problem. What's the fix?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thank you.

George

[email protected]

732-794-6225

Fatal Error with new Header Tags Controller Install:

I'm attempting to get Header Tags Controller v2.3 working in conjunction with a site running STS. I'm getting a fatal error that I haven't been able to find a fix or pointer to where I should be looking for the problem.

If hearder_tags.php exists in includes/ I get the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /home/scargo/public_html/cart/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:13) in /home/scargo/public_html/cart/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 13

Does anyone have advice as to where I should be looking for my mistake? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I have HTC v2 installed okay - the tag settings on the product pages work - but any changes I make to the two header_tags files do not show up. Can anyone help? Is this just a configuration issue?

If I'm using HTC, should I leave the includes/meta_tags file empty?

Fatal Error with new Header Tags Controller Install:

If hearder_tags.php exists in includes/ I get the following fatal error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /home/scargo/public_html/cart/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:13) in /home/scargo/public_html/cart/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 13

Does anyone have advice as to where I should be looking for my mistake?  Thanks!

I'm seem to recall there was a problem with the function being declared twice. Go into sts_display_output.php, find the following line and remove it

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

That should do it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have HTC v2 installed okay - the tag settings on the product pages work - but any changes I make to the two header_tags files do not show up. Can anyone help? Is this just a configuration issue?

If I'm using HTC, should I leave the includes/meta_tags file empty?

What kind of changes are you making that are not showing up?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

"What kind of changes are you making that are not showing up? "

Jack, when I insert my title, desc and keyword text in the header_php files, they don't appear in a browser (using view source).

I have HTC v 2.0 and checked that it, and that the updates, appear to have been installed correctly. The database tables are correct.

I got this loaded version of OSC from someone else, with HTC preinstalled.

Thanks for the help.

Nevermind, I got the problem solved. The mainpage_tpl.php file needed some extra code from the HTC updates. If anyone else has this problem, PM me and I'll give it to you. Thanks.

"What kind of changes are you making that are not showing up? "

Jack, when I insert my title, desc and keyword text in the header_php files, they don't appear in a browser (using view source).

I have HTC v 2.0 and checked that it, and that the updates, appear to have been installed correctly. The database tables are correct.

I got this loaded version of OSC from someone else, with HTC preinstalled.

Thanks for the help.

I installed the Header Tags Controller, and now my Admin area is messed up. When I login it no longer goes to the Admin control area, but just lists my files. When I enter the catalog/admin/index.php area, I am able to access most of the links, but the Catalog and Orders areas appear to be empty, even though the database contains product and customer files. When I click on the Catalog link, I get an error that says:

Parse error: parse error in /public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 724

The links in the Admin area and most of the images also do not display correctly.

The meta-tags appear fine on my pages, and the front end of the site seems fine, I just can't seem to figure out why my admin area is messed up.

I also have the following contributions installed: Actual Attribute Price, ThumbAds, Category Box Enhancement, Customer Testimonials, InfoPages, and WYSIWYG HTML Area

Please help! Thanks!

Edited by lsamp

If the last thing you did before your shop broke was install this contribution, then a mistake was probably made with the install. You need to go back over the instructions very carefully. Notice from the following clip from the instructions

Find the following (approx line 743)

<?php
 } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {
   if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
     $pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
     $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
     $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
     $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
  } else {
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");
     $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);
   }

Replace with the following     

<?php
 } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {
   if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
     $pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
     $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
     $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
     $products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];
     $products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];
     $products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];
     $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
   } else {
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");
     $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);  

See how in the first part it shows the code ending in a } but in the second it doesn't. If you added/deleted the bracket, you will get such an error. The easiest solution is usually just to replace the file from your backup and do that part of the installation over.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I just installed this contribution. Everything went fine but in reviews I now get this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_header_tag_products_desc() in /var/www/html/includes/header_tags.php on line 169

Where do I have to define tep_get_header_tag_products_desc()? I can't work it out

Any advice

Thank you

I just uploaded a new version here.The following changes were made:

->The instructions still had the missing title; bug. Fixed.

-> Changed the order of how the title is displayed in catalog/header_tags.php.

The previous method displayed the site title before the page title which

partially defeats the purpose of the contribution.

-> Changed the instructions to remove the meta tag http-equiv from the

catalog files.

-> Changed the catalog/header_tags.php file to include the meta tag http-equiv.

-> Changed the order of the tags in catalog/header_tags.php so that the title is

displayed first. This provides better results with the search engines.

-> Moved the META NAME="Reply-to" line so that it displays below the title. Note

that this tag should really just be deleted since, nowadays, it only serves to

increease the amount of spam you receive. If you do use it, be sure to encrypt

your email address. See my contribution EmailEncoder on how to do this.

It also contains optional code to include the manufacturers name in the title if you need this option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for making the contribution even better. One favor though, I have the previous header tags controller installed, so I'd like to know what files were changed and the blocks of code that were changed from the previous version.

Also, I'm still encountering a problem with this contribution and the HTMLAREA 3 contribution because each meta tag textarea box shows the html buttons within it, which is not right. Has anyone encountered this and solved it?

-george

Thanks for making the contribution even better.  One favor though, I have the previous header tags controller installed, so I'd like to know what files were changed and the blocks of code that were changed from the previous version.

Yes, I should have stated that. The only file that was changed is the includes/header_tags.php file. If you have not added any new entries to the original, then you can just copy it over. Otherwise, you will need to add your entries. If you do install it, you should go through your catalog files and remove the meta tag http-equiv statement so that you don't end up with two of them. The only other change was for the missing ; in the title but that as long as you have HTC installed, that won't matter.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am going to install Header Tags Controller, but there are lots different version.

Can anyone tell me which version of Header Tags Controller more stable please?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,207

Thanks!! :blink:

Jack_mcs' version is the latest and he has been helping me with my install for days! : ) (Good guy)

I would suggest it myself and I would also suggest that if you have Simple Template System you first copy the files over, run the SQL script and see what works. Also, there is a script in the top of header_tags.php in catalog/includes (see below) that you should run. It adds some data into the new fields in the database so that you can see some results before adding the admin section.

// NOTE: Globally replace all fields in products table with current product name just to get things started:
// In phpMyAdmin use: UPDATE products_description set PRODUCTS_HEAD_TITLE_TAG = PRODUCTS_NAME

If you do not have a good way to modify your SQL database I HIGHLY reccomend phpMyAdmin. It is so easy it is not funny and you can download it from download.com free! ( I think it is free forever but if not you can at least use it a while for free : )

If you do not have STS (Simple Template System) you should consider it. It has some HTC functions built in and will save you from modifying some 35 pages. Fortunately I installed STS before even knowing about HTC so it saved me some work. :thumbsup:

Craig

I am trying to install STS (STS-2_01); however, there is a question.

From README file,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: configure-SAMPLE.php is included in the ZIP file, but you will have to

reenter all your configuration settings if you use it. It is easier

to just add the STS lines at the bottom of the file to the bottom of your

existing /catalog/includes/configure.php file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure how to make this change? Could you give me a suggestion? ;)

hi, i seem to be getting the following Error when i select a product from the main page.

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_head_title_tag' in 'field list'
select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '44' and pd.products_id = '44' and pd.language_id ='1'

[TEP STOP]

I have downloaded my database and added the following:

Add the following code to your database or import "header.sql" (Talon177)
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_title_tag VARCHAR(80) NULL;
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_desc_tag LONGTEXT NULL;
ALTER TABLE products_description ADD products_head_keywords_tag LONGTEXT NULL;

Then i uploaded the following files which came with the header controller download into the following directories.

/catalog/includes/header_tags.php
/catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php
/catalog/includes/languages/espanol/header_tags.php
/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php
/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php

I then opened up the application_top.php and added

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.
require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');
// Also used by: WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v1.0

After doing this i went to /catalog and deleted the following code:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 
<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

and replaced it with:

<?php
// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
// Replaced by header_tags.php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
?>

What have i missed or screwed up on?

Chris

Director

ProPowders.com.au

Your Online Health Supplement Store

I am trying to install STS (STS-2_01); however, there is a question.

From README file,

NOTE: configure-SAMPLE.php is included in the ZIP file, but you will have to

reenter all your configuration settings if you use it.  It is easier

to just add the STS lines at the bottom of the file to the bottom of your

existing /catalog/includes/configure.php file.

I am not sure how to make this change? Could you give me a suggestion? ;)

The file is saying that if you have made any changes at all to your configure.php file you should add the lines of code manually. You would just add them right before the ?>

Change this:

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'ckstore');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'call.123');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'ckstore');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

To this:

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'ckstore');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'call.123');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'ckstore');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

// STS: ADD: Define Simple Template System files
 define('STS_START_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_start_capture.php');
 define('STS_STOP_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_stop_capture.php'); 
 define('STS_RESTART_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_restart_capture.php');
 define('STS_TEMPLATE_DIR', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_templates/');
 define('STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_template.html'); 
 define('STS_DISPLAY_OUTPUT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_display_output.php');
 define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');
 define('STS_PRODUCT_INFO', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_product_info.php');
// STS: EOADD
?>

You are basically just moving the ?> down and adding their code above it.

Let me know how it goes!

Craig

hi, i seem to be getting the following Error when i select a product from the main page. What have i missed or screwed up on?

Do you have other mods such as STS or anything like that installed?

You said you "downloaded" your database and "added" the following", what does that mean? If you made the changes manually you may have made a mistake. It is best to backup your database and then run the script against your live database (IMO).

Remember, the changes (in this case) that you make to the database will not cause any errors, as far as OScommerce is concerned this is extra data if HTC is not installed. You are getting the error either because you have not made the databases changes correctly or you have modified your code incorrectly OR you have another mod installed that is interfering. My bet is on the database error.

Let us know these answers and if you made any progress.

Craig