• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Header Tags will work with any contribution except the Categories Description one so the problem is in your installation. I'm curious why you are putting so much effort into an outdated contibution that has bugs and is no longer being updated though?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious why you are putting so much effort into an outdated contibution that has bugs and is no longer being updated though?
Oh no! I wasnt aware of that. What would you recommend? I only usedit because it was easy to install and worked well (for me at least). This problem is very recent...

Open Source Newsletter: PhPList

Open Source Questionnaire: Lime Survey

For any contribution, you should always check in the contribution section for updates when you are having problems since the latest update may contain the fix. In the contribution area for this one, it explains that it was replaced with Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

To be honest I was quiet happy with Header Tags. And I would like to fix it rather than: uninstall it (I dont even know how to uninstall sql data) and install a new, possibly more complicated, version.

I am trying my best to get my head around this problem. I am just sure that trying to uninstall this and installing another version would increase my difficulties rather than solve my problems.

If this file (above) looks OK to you, I will now go back through my backups in 2 week steps and compare the single files until I see something thats could cause the problem. I know this might sound silly to someone who knows what they are doing on php but so far I can only go by before and after situations and I have no idea what would "deactivate" the contrubtion only for the product information pages.

Edited by NewBudda

Then you are pretty much on your own. I will provide minor support for this contribution but it is too much work for me to dig out old files and figure out where the problem might be. Good luck.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

OK, i give up. I have spent hours on this but not gotten anywhere.

Could you helpme uninstalling this contribution? How do I gt rid of teh sql entry?

To uninstall the files, reverse the steps you did while installing it. For the database, you need to edit it manually to remove the changes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

What a mess. I just installed the HTC and now I get an error message trying to get into the store and the admin section tells me page not longer be found. My main page error mes. is

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /oscommerce/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:11) in/oscommerce/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 24

Pat

That error is due to some of the code being included twice. You'll need to figure out where that is happening. I suggest you back it out though and use Header Tags SEO instead. This contribution is no longer being updated and is far inferior to Header Tags SEO.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 1 month later...

Hello Jack

I'm using your header tags version v2.5.5.

I installed it myself with no problems for ageas.

Ive paid a lot of developers to work on the site over the last year, and today I noticed after adding a load of new products, these featatures are no lonbger working

Header Tags Category Title

Header Tags Category Description

Header Tags Category Keywords

Header Tags Categories Description

(I can manually add text in the boxes and it saves but the fill tags doesnt work)

Fill tags for all the products on product_info.php

And Meta Tag Information in categories.php

Ive spent all morning checking the code, and have reinstalled version V2.6.3 3 times this afternoon.

If I reinstall and follow your instructions to the letter, everything is how it should be.

Can you help at all pls? The lack of Product Description in the Page Header Description: in categories.php is having a big impact on search engine results :(

before in reinstalled V2.6.3, obviously a lot of the header tags had already been filled from a while ago.

Now that I have installed V2.6.3, none of the header tags are being filled which makes me thing its nothing to do with the install at all.

Is there any other files the header tags rely on that I could check?

Since it was working before and isn't now, the people that worked on your site must have changed something to cause the problem. It could be that they changed the permissions on the Header Tags files so that they are not being written correctly. But this version has not been actively supported for about two years. I will try to help if you want to stick with it but I may not be of much help without actually looking at the code, due to it being so long since I looked at it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Since it was working before and isn't now, the people that worked on your site must have changed something to cause the problem. It could be that they changed the permissions on the Header Tags files so that they are not being written correctly. But this version has not been actively supported for about two years. I will try to help if you want to stick with it but I may not be of much help without actually looking at the code, due to it being so long since I looked at it.

Jack

The header tags are set to 755, everything seems to be working, no errors anywhere just the fill tags doesnt work, when I click fill tags the page does a short refresh but nothing happens to the actual tags

if I update the product through admin, the header tags are updated and show the correct product header, but the meta info does get updated.

So its kinda working, although not via the fill tags page

You need to set the permissions to what they are set to for the images directory, assuming you can upload images. Other than that, I can't think of any reason why Fill Tags wouldn't work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack I'd like to stick with it please, im using your latest SEO Header Tags on other sites, the problem with this site is im using an older version of SEO URL's which is not compatible with the new SEO Header Tags. If I upgrade SEO URLS to the latest version so I can use SEO Header tags, then all my url's fall out of google and it would take up to a year to index the site again.

I dont know if you offer paid support or not, I'll pay your rate to fix this for me please.

• 7 months later...

Hi Jack,

I'm running V2.6.3 and I went to fix an annoying issue today which has been there for a long time. The problem was that index.php appeared to be using keywords from another pages settings so I had always had to leave them blank. I decided to delete the offending page in HTC in admin where the rogue keywords were coming from and as soon I did that I get this on the view source of my index.php

<meta name="Keywords" content="HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT" />

I haven't touched anything other than what I explained above. How can I resolve to get the correct keywords on index.php?

Cheers

I'm feeling lucky today......maybe someone will answer my post!

I do try and answer a simple post when I can just to give something back.

------------------------------------------------

PM me? - I'm not for hire

Looks like you are missing one of the definitions from the contribution. I no longer support this contribution, unless it is something obvious like this, since it has too many problems and is limited in what it can do. I suggest you upgrade to Header Tags SEO.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Looks like you are missing one of the definitions from the contribution. I no longer support this contribution, unless it is something obvious like this, since it has too many problems and is limited in what it can do. I suggest you upgrade to Header Tags SEO.

Upgrading wasn't on my priority list at the moment.

Any clues as to which missing definition/ file we're looking at as this is only affecting index.php? Not aware of any other issues on my install and it has been installed for a long time!

Thanks

Upgrading wasn't on my priority list at the moment.

Any clues as to which missing definition/ file we're looking at as this is only affecting index.php? Not aware of any other issues on my install and it has been installed for a long time!

Thanks

No worries, I found the issue in includes/languages/english/header_tags.php where the definitions had been mixed up (presumably when I added the offending page) so it's all sorted now.

Thanks and I'll look to upgrading when I have more time.

Cheers

• 8 months later...

hi, i installed HeaderTags_V_2.6.2, it works great, but one problem:

no meta tags in product info pages.

Help, please

You may have missed the <head> changes for that page.

I'm curious why you would install a contribution that hasn't been supported for close to three years and that has a note to use Header Tags SEO instead?

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons