• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Hello all,

I'm having a problem where the only header tags that are appearing on my site are my default ones, and none of the tags I set for individual pages are showing up. Has anyone experienced this before or know of any solutions? Thanks.

Arash

It gets asked quite often. Read backwards through this thread for how to fix it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I would go backwards since it is closer to this end. Or use google:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums header tags individual pages are showing up

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I would like to appear with the length of characters get you write because it is so important because only a certain number in the sumas taken.

<script language="JavaScript">
 var MaxLen = 80;
 function countMe(form) {
inputStr = form.products_head_title_tag.value;
strlength= inputStr.length;
if (strlength > MaxLen ) form.products_head_title_tag.value = inputStr.substring(0,MaxLen);
form.num.value = (MaxLen - form.products_head_title_tag.value.length);
form.products_head_title_tag.focus();
 }
</script>
<script>
 document.write("(max. "+MaxLen+")");
</script>
<br>
<?php echo tep_draw_input_field('num', '', 'size=3 readonly STYLE="color: red" '); ?>

As the 2 together?

'onChange="countMe(document.forms[0])" onKeyUp="countMe(document.forms[0])" '

<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '113', '2', (isset($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? stripslashes($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) : tep_get_products_head_title_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?>

great from germany

Any version of Header Tags works well with any version of oscommerce but the latest version (2.6.3) is the most bug-free. For Ultimate SEO, you should ask in its support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Has anyone been able to combine this with a gift card mod? I couldn't find anything about this in this thread.

Janna

There's really nothing to combine as long as the code you are referring to is standard code. You just need to add the Header Tags title code and add the page in Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Alright guys, great contribution, but I'm having an error here. Just installed this (correctly I think...) and everything seems to work fine....until I click on Catalog in the admin area. The url is this: http://xxx/admin/categories.php?selected_box=catalog

and the error I get is this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /xxx/xxx/xxx/admin/categories.php on line 1142

Now, I know next to nothing regarding PHP so, in my vain attempt to debug this, I managed to somehow move the line number from 50 something, to 80 something, and so on until we're finally at 1142. Also, it the error used to say unexpected T_ELSEIF, and now it says $end? The funny thing now, is in jEdit, there is actually only 1141 lines of code? Anything I'm completely overlooking here?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by zxlk21e

Try using the included categories file to see if it works, then compare the two.

Jack

Good call! I uploaded the included categories file and now everything works as it should..can I just keep this one or do I need to figure out the error with the other one and amend? I do have a custom template (not for admin though), and a sef urls contribution..

If you have made changes to that file prior to Header Tags, then they are gone now. You will need to compare the two to find the mistake you made, or just start over.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Having just installed this contribution i am now unable to edit my products in the admin>catalog page, when i click to edit a product it just goes to the add new product page. So I can't edit any of my products. Can anyone help with this please?
See my reply three posts before yours.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

After installing header tag controller v 2.6.3, seems like all is working. But I notice a few things are a bit different now. Before HTC, I was using Header Tags for novices. Yes I did completely remove it before installing HTC.

First of all, when going to admin -> catalog to edit products, the image is no longer being viewed at the bottom like before.

And second regardless what page I may be at, then whatever link i click from any info box, the top navbar will display Home -> FAQ. Then moving mouse over FAQ will display the correct url address in the task bar.

EXAMPE: click special info box, FAQ appears in top navbar but with mouse over FAQ - http://brs-giftshop.com/special.php appears in task bar.

Because, due to that my site is loaded with many mod, I used the manual install for HTC.

Have a feeling the first one was cause with HTC install but not he second problem. Have checked the breadcrumb script in files. All looks good.

Looking for an opinion. Thank you.

blr044

The first problem is due to a mistake in the categories file. See previous posts on how to troubleshoot. Header Tags doesn't change the breadcrumb other than is normal for oscommerce so that problem is due to something else.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've installed Header Tags - but just can't see to be able to use it!

I've stated on 'Text Control' what I'd like the header data to be on the home page/index, but it only shows the defaults.

And it only shows the defaults on products too.

Is it something to do with the fact that if I click 'Fill all Tags' on Fill Tags and click 'Update', then navigate away from that page, and then go back again - it's gone back to 'Skip all Tags'? Is it not remembering my preferences or is that how it should be?

The site is here:

http://www.the-gift-bazaar.co.uk

I really need to get this site SEO'd/have product names as title tags for my client, but this has absolutely done my head in today!

Please someone help!! :'(

Thanks,

Lx

Edited by lisaanne

The selection in Fill Tags isn't a preference setting. It is just a momentary setting that resets each time you go to that section. Since Fill Tags is typically ran only once, there's no reason to store the setting you choose. As for the data not changing, this gets asked failrly often. Just read backwards through the thread and you should be able to find it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This is mostly set up and working however whenever I fill in the fields in admin, e.g. 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' in manufacturers.php and click save it doesn't save to the database!

I have tried filling the fields in manually using phpmyadmin and they then show up perfectly on the site. But then when I go back into admin > manufacturers.php and 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' it's empty again - even though it is not NULL in the database.

I have the same problem for all fields in manu...php and cat...php.

Please help.

Thanks for any help/comments.

Regards,

Lewis Hill

This is mostly set up and working however whenever I fill in the fields in admin, e.g. 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' in manufacturers.php and click save it doesn't save to the database!

I have tried filling the fields in manually using phpmyadmin and they then show up perfectly on the site. But then when I go back into admin > manufacturers.php and 'Header Tags Manufacturer Keywords' it's empty again - even though it is not NULL in the database.

I have the same problem for all fields in manu...php and cat...php.

Please help.

The only thing that can cause that is the admin/manufacturers.php file. Use the one in the package to see if it works and to compare yourse against.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack,

Two questions before I try your contribution out.

1. Which version are you supporting as stable?

I only ask this because I know how other people will hack up contributions that were already perfect to begin with.

I would rather not depend on something that is still a work in progress and has known flaws.

2. Are you still working on adding fixes right now?, meaning should I wait for another update?

I would like to try out something that I don't have to come back and update later. Part of the stability question again.

Thanks,

Google Junky

Hey Jack,

Two questions before I try your contribution out.

1. Which version are you supporting as stable?

I only ask this because I know how other people will hack up contributions that were already perfect to begin with.

I would rather not depend on something that is still a work in progress and has known flaws.

2. Are you still working on adding fixes right now?, meaning should I wait for another update?

I would like to try out something that I don't have to come back and update later. Part of the stability question again.

Thanks,

Google Junky

1 - V 2.6.3 is very stable. There is one known bug in it that only affects some shops but it has not caused any major problems that I am aware of.

2 - A new version will be released soon. I expect within a week or two, although I have been thinking that for some time now. . If you can wait, it would be best to do so since there are a number of changes. I will provide upgrade instructions but they won't be as easy as a new install.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello again Jack,

I will go ahead and try out your stable version 2.6.3

If you do come out with a newer one then I will read your changelog if that is something you offer in your downloads.

Thanks for your time and energy you spend making this contribution.

Good luck in all you do,

Google Junky

Omg after I succeed in installing htc in combination with sts I have a short question:

For what is Header Tags Categories Description? I cant find it in my site code after I set a value?

There are four Tags: Title, Category Decriptionand Keywords. All seem to be there (meta name="decription", name="keywords" and <title>/title>). But Categories Decription is not aviable!

Second question: Why is Header Tags Title the <title></title> tag and not a <meta name="title" content=""></meta> tag?

Hope you can help me.