• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

The items will only show in black for a standard installation. If you usng one of the template contributions, it won't work. As for the Home text, have you edited the text in admin->Header Tags->Text Control?

Jack

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Product descriptions are showing fine, it's just the title of the main index page. Here's the link

street-freaks.co.uk

I've changed the text in the admin section, and it works fine if, say, I click the a category link on the left hand side. Only the home page it doesn't work on.

Thanks again

Glyn

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Product descriptions are showing fine, it's just the title of the main index page. Here's the link

street-freaks.co.uk

I've changed the text in the admin section, and it works fine if, say, I click the a category link on the left hand side. Only the home page it doesn't work on.

Thanks again

Glyn

When you look at admin->Header Tags->Text Control in the index section, what is the title set to?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Can anyone help me out i'm guessin its just something simple like i'm missing a file but my item pages have been messed up like this all other pages are fine just item pages are going wrong

Visit My Website

Thanks in advance

Look at the code that was added at the end of the edits for product_info.php. My guess is that you placed it in the wrong place.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

When you look at admin->Header Tags->Text Control in the index section, what is the title set to?

Jack

In Admin->Header Tags->Text Control for the index section, the title is set to:

"Street Freaks - Official band t-shirts, hoodies, merchandise - Alternative accessories"

There's a screen grab below, if that helps.

The default page titles seem to work fine.

Thanks,

Glyn

header_tags.jpg

In Admin->Header Tags->Text Control for the index section, the title is set to:

"Street Freaks - Official band t-shirts, hoodies, merchandise - Alternative accessories"

There's a screen grab below, if that helps.

The default page titles seem to work fine.

Are you using the STS or BTS template contribution? Either way, try replacing the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php with the ones in the contribution just to see if they will work. You will need to edit the Home Page in admin again to make sure it is changed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

Hi jack thanks for the reply I checked the code on products info and couldn't find any problems one thing I did find was that the second piece of code was alot higher up the line numbers than was to be expected, is there any where I can get my hands on a edited page code to match it up with mine and see if anything is missing ?

Thanks again :)

Are you using the STS or BTS template contribution? Either way, try replacing the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php with the ones in the contribution just to see if they will work. You will need to edit the Home Page in admin again to make sure it is changed.

Jack

If I try and use header_tags.php from STS I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in ../store/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:11) in ../store/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 11

I've compared the clean_html_comments.php from the contribution with mine, and they're identical. I'm stumped...

Thanks again,

Glyn

Edited by Street-Freaks

I've compared the clean_html_comments.php from the contribution with mine, and they're identical. I'm stumped...

Thanks again,

Glyn

You should ask in the STS forum or download the install directions for STS and Header Tags from that contribution section since the install is different when using STS.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I have tried to install this contribution onto my copy of RC1. I had previously modified it, so went through each of the instructional txt files and instructions in turn.

The database edits seemed to go through ok. The catalog folder edit seemed to go through ok and some catagories were missing their titles as apparently they should till i did the admin edits.

Now I went through the admin edits one at a time but when I try and open my admin page i get the following message;

"PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_languages() in E:\users\website\catalog\admin\login.php on line 79"

Any ideas where i might have gone wrong? Any help most greatfully appreciated cheers.. John ..

Edited by ninthgoose

That's a stock function that Header Tags doesn't change. You should check the changes you made to the general.php file. You may have overwritten other code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks again,

Glyn

Be sure you have the following line of code at the beginning of your includes/header_tags.php file:

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

:thumbsup: Also, see the link in my signature below on how to install HTC with STS.

Edited by bkellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thank you for this incredible cool contribution. I can't wait to use it! However, I'm already having some problems with the installation. I hope someone can help me.

Upon installing the Database files I received these types of errors on four of the five files needed to be uploaded. Here's a sample one of them.

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_htc_description LONGTEXT NULL

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'categories_htc_description'

Basically all of the errors on the four files were caused by duplicate column names. I don't know if this was caused from the previous contribution that I have installed, CDynamics Metatags.

Should I correct these database problems now before preceding? and how do I correct this? Also, should I dismantel CDyanmic Metatags?

Thanks for any and all help on this!

Jason

You can't run cDynamic and Header Tags at the same time but I don't think they use the same database names. It is more likely you ran the Header Tags sql file twice. The database problem should be fixed before you continue since, if it is wrong, your site won't work. But all you can do at this point, unless you recall what you did, is to go into the database and delete all of the fields.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Be sure you have the following line of code at the beginning of your includes/header_tags.php file:

Thanks for that, that stopped the clean_html_comments.php problem, but now I'm back to square one, so to speak.

HTC is working fine with every single page, except for the main index page. All categories, subcategories and products are filled fine, but on the main page I just get this added to the <head> section.

<title>Home Page  - osCommerce :</title>
<meta name="Description" content="- osCommerce : What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies osCommerce : What's New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies" />
<meta name="Keywords" content="Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here?, - Hardware Software DVD Movies What's New Here?" />

This code is NOWHERE in the admin section. In Admin -> Header Tags -> Text Control, the entries for index are filled in the same as in the screenshot on the previous page.

I can't understand why it's adding the default metadata to the first index page, when it's not specified anywhere.. :-(

Thanks again for the help so far,

Glyn

Hi Jack, Thanks for the guidance before.. i had indeed stuffed up with general.php..

But.. there is more..lol..

I can now get into my admin page but i get the permissions errors.. ie set to 777.. only problem is i am on windows based server.. so any guidance?

Permissions settings for the E://users/website/catalog/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

Permissions settings for the E://users/website/catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

Cheers.. John..

Hi Jack, Thanks for the guidance before.. i had indeed stuffed up with general.php..

But.. there is more..lol..

I can now get into my admin page but i get the permissions errors.. ie set to 777.. only problem is i am on windows based server.. so any guidance?

Cheers.. John..

That code won't work on Windows. It is just a warning and doesn't mean anything if the code is working correctly so it can be ignored. If you want to make it so the warning isn't displayed, the change for that is in this thread, probably within the last five pages or so.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That code won't work on Windows. It is just a warning and doesn't mean anything if the code is working correctly so it can be ignored. If you want to make it so the warning isn't displayed, the change for that is in this thread, probably within the last five pages or so.

Jack

Hi Jack, it now appears to be working fine and dandy thanks, though with those error messages.

I have also found the thread on their removal so cheers for the guidance, I will edit them out shortly. So just wished to say a big thankyou for this contribution and the support you provide. It is greatly and sincerely appreciated. Thank you.

John

You can't run cDynamic and Header Tags at the same time but I don't think they use the same database names. It is more likely you ran the Header Tags sql file twice. The database problem should be fixed before you continue since, if it is wrong, your site won't work. But all you can do at this point, unless you recall what you did, is to go into the database and delete all of the fields.

Jack

Thanks for the fast response Jack! I think it's possible that, in the past, I started to implement this contribution but stopped. If that's the case then the database part should be done. Sorry, for being such a newbie, but how do I check to see if the correct changes were made to the database for this contribution?

Thanks so much, Jack!

Wait a minute, I see what I've done. I uploaded the database file named header.sql with no errors. I then started uploading Update_header_categories.sql, Update_header_categories_description.sql, etc. That's when I started getting the duplication errors. That's because some of the tables in these files are the same as the original header.sql.

Did I do the wrong thing by uploading all the database files in the folder? Do I still need to correct anything?

Thanks Jack.

Jason

John - I appreciate that. Thanks. :)

Jason - The header.sql is the one you should have used. The others are for updating older versions. They would not have caused any damage running them though so you should be all set as far as the database is concerned.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey, thanks for this cool contribution! I got it working 99%. I can change my metatags for categories, manufacturers, and my index page, but having a problem with the products pages. They won't change. They old tag info remains the same no matter what I do. I'm not even sure where to start to fix this! I've tried changing the info on the "fill tag" page in admin, but I'm not sure that's working either. Whenever I change something, leave the page, and go back again, the bullet goes back to "skip all tags". Is that how it's suppose to work?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks. I can't wait to get it working 100%!

Jason

If the product page isn't working correctly, it is either the code in the product_info.php file was not changed, or nt changed properly, or the includes/header_tags.php or english/header_tags.php file are corrupted. You can try replacing the last two to fix that. You will need to go over the instructions for the product page to check that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons