• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

i really appreciate the response jack. but it didn't clear up my problem though. Its very strange with the stock contribution categories.php file it still doesn't display the products when they are added.

The admin section adds them and uploads them fine (as before), it even shows the preview as working fine. To top it i can see the products in the catalog when looking at a category but the page is blank when i click on the product

Here is a example test category, you'll see the top two don't have pages but the bottom one does because it was added before HTC

My Website

Cheers for any help

Have you ran fill tags?If so, then I suggest replacing the header tags files in the shop since that code is not working as it should.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ran fill tags?If so, then I suggest replacing the header tags files in the shop since that code is not working as it should.

Jack

hi jack, i replaced all the files that come with the contribution, but no joy.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by fill tags, i have already run the sql update and the chmod's are correct.

Now for the interesting part, i know that bellow is wrong and that theres shouldn't be a repeat of the sql_data_array

Categories.php

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),
     //HTC BOC
     $sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),
          'categories_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
          'categories_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
          'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
          'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id])), 
          'categories_seo_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_seo_url_array[$language_id]));
     //HTC EOC 

if i remove either one of the requests the admin catalog doesnt display, why would this be?

hi everyone,

I am extremely new to this php stuff. I download the Header Tag Control Contribution and I need some help. I was reading this line of instructions and counld not get it :

1 - Install the data base changes.

There are two easy ways to install them. First, you can

use a program named phpmyadmin to upload them. It is

most likely available on your host. There is a lof of

information about it on the forums if you need it and

can be found by searching for phpmyadmin.

I am using netfirms as a hosting and I think they provide MyadminPHP. I download the contribution and found my hosting does provide MyadminPHP. The problem is I don't know what to do because this is my first time learning how to install database stuff. My question is: how can i upload database files from the contributions (Header Tag Controll) using MyadminPHP provided from my host?thanks in advance

ps: this is a very first step from the Header Tag Contribution instruction. I might need more help....

Teaching is learning.

hi jack, i replaced all the files that come with the contribution, but no joy.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by fill tags, i have already run the sql update and the chmod's are correct.

admin->Header Tags->Fill Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hi everyone,

I am extremely new to this php stuff. I download the Header Tag Control Contribution and I need some help. I was reading this line of instructions and counld not get it :

1 - Install the data base changes.

There are two easy ways to install them. First, you can

use a program named phpmyadmin to upload them. It is

most likely available on your host. There is a lof of

information about it on the forums if you need it and

can be found by searching for phpmyadmin.

I am using netfirms as a hosting and I think they provide MyadminPHP. I download the contribution and found my hosting does provide MyadminPHP. The problem is I don't know what to do because this is my first time learning how to install database stuff. My question is: how can i upload database files from the contributions (Header Tag Controll) using MyadminPHP provided from my host?thanks in advance

ps: this is a very first step from the Header Tag Contribution instruction. I might need more help....

It's easier to use the included file. Upload database_setup.php to your server then go to http://yoursite.com/database_setup.php and you are done.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

I am not sure if this was asked before , but I could not find anything definitive in my searches. I installed All Producst to my OSC 2.2 Rc2 store with HTC 2.6.3.

However, when try to click on the link from my store page, I get the following errors:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:11) in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 11

I don't knw how to fix this. Can someone help?

Thanks

Lionel

HTC looks like is a great cont if I could get it working. So far the product.php, index.php are work great, but I having a little problem in adding php pages such as about_us.php, conditions.php or any other page that was not originally listed in HTC. The problem is that the source code meta tags are empty on the actual page but there is info in the HTC admin text control. What I find strange is that when HTTA or any of the other text control boxes are checked, say for about_us.php or conditions.php, and there is text in the default title, desc, keyword I find the default metatags show up in the source code. When uncheck and there’s is text in the text controll boxes, say for about_us.php, conditions.php, or ..., the metatags are empty.

What I've done so far is reinstalled HTC, manually updated msq. Is it possible that other add-ons are affecting the install, I have an Extra product fields, BOC (an extra image add on). Or am have I missed something on the install. Thanks www.esdesignjewelry.com

Hello,

I am not sure if this was asked before , but I could not find anything definitive in my searches. I installed All Producst to my OSC 2.2 Rc2 store with HTC 2.6.3.

However, when try to click on the link from my store page, I get the following errors:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:11) in /homepages/21/d202393536/htdocs/wii/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 11

I don't knw how to fix this. Can someone help?

Thanks

Lionel

If you installed All Products with Images it should work fine. If you are using STS, then you need to look at the instructions for it to find the fix for that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

HTC looks like is a great cont if I could get it working. So far the product.php, index.php are work great, but I having a little problem in adding php pages such as about_us.php, conditions.php or any other page that was not originally listed in HTC. The problem is that the source code meta tags are empty on the actual page but there is info in the HTC admin text control. What I find strange is that when HTTA or any of the other text control boxes are checked, say for about_us.php or conditions.php, and there is text in the default title, desc, keyword I find the default metatags show up in the source code. When uncheck and there’s is text in the text controll boxes, say for about_us.php, conditions.php, or ..., the metatags are empty.

What I've done so far is reinstalled HTC, manually updated msq. Is it possible that other add-ons are affecting the install, I have an Extra product fields, BOC (an extra image add on). Or am have I missed something on the install. Thanks www.esdesignjewelry.com

Have you change the title code in those other pages? If not, see the Install_Catalog.txt file for how to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi guys..

i had htc working perfectly with sts . i was using htc2.6.3 and sts 2.5.2 bundle.i updated sts to 4.5.5.following the upgrade mention in sts contrib. Sts still works fine. but header tags are no longer working.

i checked the databse and if i select fill and clear the tables are being wriiten accordingly.

Then i used beyound compare and the orignal htc and sts bundle. and undid all the changes. but i cant seem to get the header tags to show up. i also keep getting this message in admin

Error Permissions settings for the /kunden/homepages/17/d189999914/htdocs/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

i used filezilla and chmod file to 755. i even tried 777 and still get this silly error message.

dont know what i have done to upset it..when i upgraded sts i simply changed the core sts files. never touched htc..

any clue any one..

hi guys..

i had htc working perfectly with sts . i was using htc2.6.3 and sts 2.5.2 bundle.i updated sts to 4.5.5.following the upgrade mention in sts contrib. Sts still works fine. but header tags are no longer working.

i checked the databse and if i select fill and clear the tables are being wriiten accordingly.

Then i used beyound compare and the orignal htc and sts bundle. and undid all the changes. but i cant seem to get the header tags to show up. i also keep getting this message in admin

Error Permissions settings for the /kunden/homepages/17/d189999914/htdocs/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

i used filezilla and chmod file to 755. i even tried 777 and still get this silly error message.

dont know what i have done to upset it..when i upgraded sts i simply changed the core sts files. never touched htc..

any clue any one..

i fix the file permission error by using a different ftp client but still got no header tags.

in sts my setting are

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

i fix the file permission error by using a different ftp client but still got no header tags.

in sts my setting are

Files for normal template

sts_user_code.php;headertags.php

You should ask in the STS forum. I don't use STS so can't help with that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi guys..

any clue any one..

This should have been a very simple upgrade if you made the code changes manually and not just copied over files. If you had STS & HTC working prior to the STS upgrade, then all you would have needed to do was merge in the STSv4.5.5 code changes which do not effect HTC at all.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

If you installed All Products with Images it should work fine. If you are using STS, then you need to look at the instructions for it to find the fix for that.

Jack

Thanks, I figured it out from another post in the HTC section. All I did was

in includes/header_tags.php i changed the following:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

That did the trick

Have you change the title code in those other pages? If not, see the Install_Catalog.txt file for how to do that.

Jack

Hi Jack, yes made changes to those pages but had not gone on to do other page besides about_us.php because I could not get to about_us.php work. I have now checked and done most of the of the other pages with no problems. But can not get about_us.php to work. Not sure why? Install look ok, have check both header_tag file, they seem ok to? Any thoughts as to why only about_us.php is not working? Thanks Richard

Hi Jack, yes made changes to those pages but had not gone on to do other page besides about_us.php because I could not get to about_us.php work. I have now checked and done most of the of the other pages with no problems. But can not get about_us.php to work. Not sure why? Install look ok, have check both header_tag file, they seem ok to? Any thoughts as to why only about_us.php is not working? Thanks Richard
Look in includes/header_tags.php for FILENAME_ABOUT_US and make sure it matches the entry in includes/filename.php. They should match.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's easier to use the included file. Upload database_setup.php to your server then go to http://yoursite.com/database_setup.php and you are done.

Jack

can you please show me the basic how to do it?i tried to upload the database_set up file to the same directory with the index page but when i enter it...there were some errors occured.?????????????????????????

Teaching is learning.

I did explain how to use it. That is all that is needed. You may get errors when it is ran since it uses stock oscommerce code, which your shop may not have. But as long as you get the database uploaded message, it worked fine.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi i have got problem.. i can see part of a code on my index website:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

have a look http://www.comptechnology.co.uk

Right i have done that but the thing is i cant change or create Name of Product... any ideas ? Can it have something to do with Php5 or MySQL 5?

Anyone?!?!?! Please!!! its very important i can create new products cuz i cant put in product name !

Hello,

How did you get rid of that:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

I have the same error on some of the pages, not on all of them! Can you please tell me what have you done that solved this?

Thanks,

Pietonul.

Hello,

How did you get rid of that:

I have the same error on some of the pages, not on all of them! Can you please tell me what have you done that solved this?

Thanks,

Pietonul.

I supouse u have got < in ur top left hand corner find it in index.php of the catalog/ and add ? after that

instead of that < u want to have that <? in ur index.php

Edited by viperek

I got this message when i tried to upload database_setup.php:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0402/d16/s34/b02ad14c/www/mysite.com/database_setup.php on line 13

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mnt/w0402/d16/s34/b02ad14c/www/mysite.com/database_setup.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/nf/lib/php') in /mnt/w0402/d16/s34/b02ad14c/www/mysite.com/database_setup.php on line 13

What should I do?Can anyone help please?

Edited by crazyweb

Teaching is learning.