osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not a Header Tags problem. It is due to some other contribution. Either the other one wasn't installed correctly or something was overwritten when Header Tags was installed. You'll need to go back over the install or ask in the proper support thread.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello,

i have installed the conrtib and it works fine so far. Only problem is, that when I update a product description with product attributes selected, i get the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'products_options_values_sort_order' in 'field list'

select products_options_values_sort_order from products_options_values_to_products_options WHERE products_options_values_id ='101'

[TEP STOP]

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

That's not a Header Tags problem. It is due to some other contribution. Either the other one wasn't installed correctly or something was overwritten when Header Tags was installed. You'll need to go back over the install or ask in the proper support thread.

Jack

Well if I don't check any attributes the product updates without any errors. But I haven't had that error before installing the header tags contrib and went over the installation very carefully and couldn't find any mistakes.

If you are only seeing the text and no input boxes then, yes, you probably made a mistake. There is a categories file in the contribution that you can try or use to compare against to help isolate the problem.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks a lot for your contribution. I have just installed it Today and it seemed it was all right. However right now I was trying to edit a product and I got a warning: no file uploaded. Actually the Product Name has disappeared! There is no way I can insert it again. Do you have an idea what might have I done wrong ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

BrazilianLink

The warning is probably the standard one for images and doesn't mean anything. The field disappearing means a mistake was made in the installation with the admin/categories.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've been searching all over this board and can't find a solution to my problem. I was hoping someone could give me some more direction.

I'm getting the fallowing error message: fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() in public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 7

From reading the other messages on this board that this is because I have tep_get_header_tag_products_title declared twice or are calling it twice. I just don't know where to look for the other place I am calling it. I do have STS installed but I can't seem to find any help in their installation instructions. I have now been working on this problem for two days, I know I'm slow :), and would appreciate any help or added direction.

It is most likely due to the STS install. Did you follow the install instructions in the STS/Header Tags package in the STS contributions section? Other than that, I can't help you since I don't use STS. You may want to try posting in the STS thread. I'm sure Bill will help you once he sees it and that may happen quicker if posted there.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It is most likely due to the STS install. Did you follow the install instructions in the STS/Header Tags package in the STS contributions section? Other than that, I can't help you since I don't use STS. You may want to try posting in the STS thread. I'm sure Bill will help you once he sees it and that may happen quicker if posted there.

Jack

Thanks for the quick reply, and all your help with this contribution so far Jack. I will post on STS and let this board what I find just in case someone comes looking for the solution on this board in the future.

The warning is probably the standard one for images and doesn't mean anything. The field disappearing means a mistake was made in the installation with the admin/categories.php file.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thank you, I fixed the problem in admin/categories.php as you said.

Cheers,

BrazilianLink

Hi All,

I have been running the Header Tags contrib for a while but, have noticed that with the SEO Urls contribution active my header tags are being ignored for the categories and product info pages of the catalog. Now my google results are not scoring as well as they have done!

I guess the problem is related to the URLs used for SEO.

A category listing page has this url with SEO turned OFF.

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_205

and header tags ARE working....

A category listing page has this url with SEO turned ON.

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/-c-2_205.html

and header tags are NOT working....

The same is true for the product info pages.

A product info page had this url with SEO turned OFF.

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/product_info...roducts_id=1579

and header tags ARE working....

A product info page has this url with SEO turned ON.

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/systemadvisorysign-p-1579.html

and header tags are NOT working....

Are there any thoughts on how to best accommadate the very nice header tags contribution and the also good SEO contribution ?

:-"

There are somewhere around sever url rewrite contributions. Do you know which one you have? I know one of them didn't work well with Header Tags but most do. In any event, the problem isn't with Header Tags so the question should be asked in the support thread for whatever contribution it is.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello!

dont know what to 2...just tried it 3 times without any good news...

1.) when I wann start database_setup.php this apears:

Looks like Header Tags is already installed. Aborting...

but I did not install it??!

I thought the reason is that I have goods in my shop and it is not empty - thats why I tried

to go on and made every step...

also I tried to make an update via phpadmin and also this does not work...

had anyone the same troubles?!?

nice greets and thanks a lot

hi again!

well i found the problem but i dont know how .. but anyway - the problem with

"Looks like Header Tags is already installed. Aborting..."

is right now no problem any more...seems that i did it once cause in dbase everything is installed...

BUT now I have another problem cause I think I changed every file right - when I go to admin this comes in:

Warning: main(includes/boxes/categories.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/71/site706/web/oscommerce/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 16

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/categories.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/71/site706/web/oscommerce/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 16

Warning: main(includes/boxes/manufacturers.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/71/site706/web/oscommerce/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/boxes/manufacturers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/71/site706/web/oscommerce/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Warning: main(includes/boxes/whats_new.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.sites/71/site706/web/oscommerce/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 25

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/whats_new.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/.sites/71/site706/web/oscommerce/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 25

I also checked the filepermission and all was changed to 755 what was written in documentation!

Hope now you can help me 2 ;)

nice greets!!!

Hi, Jack. My problem went away on its own, which is really weird but I'm pretty sure it was cause by the fallowing suggestion from bill on the sts board: Solution: Remove the include of header_tags.php from each file in your store as it is NOT needed when using STS. STS will automatically pull in the meta data for each page so you should not manually insert the HTC code as is suggested in the HTC installation text.

Thanks for all the help with that.

I have just barely ran into a new problem and am struggling to find the answer. In the admin, when I click new category there is text for "Category Name:" but no field to type in the category name underneath. Everything else seems fine in the section including category image and the blank field to search for the image. Where in the code is this located. If I were to guess it would be in the fallowing location in admin/categories.php but I'm not sure how to get my empty field back or if this is even really the correct location:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
	  $categories_name_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_name'];

//HTC BOC
	  $categories_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_title_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_desc_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_keywords_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_description'];
	  //HTC EOC

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

//HTC BOC
  $sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]),
	   'categories_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id]));
  //HTC EOC

Any help and/or troubleshooting tips appreciated! I'll get his stuff down one day.

Sorry, just working through this stuff. I realize that I should have replaced

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

But when I do, I get an error message: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /admin/categories.php on line 78

Here is how I now have the code, where did I go wrong?:

$languages = tep_get_languages();
	for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
	  $categories_name_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_name'];

//HTC BOC
	  $categories_htc_title_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_title_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_desc_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_desc_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_keywords_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_keywords_tag'];
	  $categories_htc_description_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_htc_description'];
	  //HTC EOC

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

//HTC BOC

////////////////////////////////////////////////below section giving me the error message, the line right below is line 78////////////////////////////////////////

'categories_htc_title_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) ?   tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_title_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_desc_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_desc_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_keywords_tag' => (tep_not_null($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) ? tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_keywords_array[$language_id]) :  tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id])),
	   'categories_htc_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_htc_description_array[$language_id]));
  //HTC EOC

Edited by pulp2

So sorry for posting, I compared my code on more time to the code in the contribution and couldn't find it. So I just copied and pasted the whole thing one more time and it worked. I'm still trying to learn how to troubleshoot and I get really frantic, sorry for the false alarms.

I am still having my original problem of no text area under "Category Name:" in admin. I'll keep truckin, please let me know if anyone knows where I can find the right bit of code to troubleshoot.

Woohoo, I have just found the location of the missing text area. I found it around line 1200 of code. When I replace this:

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
	  // HTC BOC
	  $category_htc_title_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	  $category_htc_desc_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	  $category_htc_keywords_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_htc_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']');
	  $category_htc_description_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_textarea_field('categories_htc_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'hard', 30, 5, '');
	  // HTC EOC
	}

With the original code:

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($languages); $i < $n; $i++) {
	  $category_inputs_string .= '<br>' . tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']) . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('categories_name[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', tep_get_category_name($cInfo->categories_id, $languages[$i]['id']));

}

I get my text area back under "category name:" in admin-->categories-->new category

I still can't figure out how to make the HTC code work with the original code. Can anyone help?

Edited by pulp2

I still can't figure out how to make the HTC code work with the original code. Can anyone help?

Bill (pulp2),

PM me your admin/categories.php file and I will look it over to try to find the problem. Please don't post the code in text form, just send me a link to download that file. Better yet, just send the file as an attachment in the email.

Thanks,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Regarding SEO URLS and HTC

Here is the rewrite set that Im currently using.....

I will ask in the SEO forum as well... as to how folks happily combine the 2 contribs...

You suggest that a different rewrite set may be floating about... I will go take a look for some.

Thanks for the info..

There are somewhere around sever url rewrite contributions. Do you know which one you have? I know one of them didn't work well with Header Tags but most do. In any event, the problem isn't with Header Tags so the question should be asked in the support thread for whatever contribution it is.

Jack

# Ultimate SEO URLs BEGIN

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

# Ultimate SEO URLs END

Regarding SEO URLS and HTC

Here is the rewrite set that Im currently using.....

I will ask in the SEO forum as well... as to how folks happily combine the 2 contribs...

You suggest that a different rewrite set may be floating about... I will go take a look for some.

What I meant to type in that message was that "there are somewhere around seven url rewrite contributions." The code you displayed is fine for Ultimate SEO and Header Tags and should work fine. If you are using Ultimate SEO, this url, http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/-c-2_205.html, indicates a problem with the class. You should look at the contribuitons section for it and give the new class a try.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

You are correct that the url shown in my orginal post indicated a mismatch between the class and the mysql versions (according to the posted fix), or at least indicated the SEO contrib was no fully re-writing the URL, and I have changed to the SEO class that gives the more complete url eg

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/systemcompon...es-c-2_205.html

However I still get no Header tags for the Categories or Product item pages. The Index page happily gets a set of header tags.

When I hover on a product info page link this URL is displayed in the status bar

http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/product_info...;products_id=46

My Header tag product_info page set up I have the product_info page set to use all the options

product_info HTTA: HTDA: HTKA: HTCA: HTPA:

Off to the Ultimate SEO contrib forum....

Cheers.

What I meant to type in that message was that "there are somewhere around seven url rewrite contributions." The code you displayed is fine for Ultimate SEO and Header Tags and should work fine. If you are using Ultimate SEO, this url, http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/-c-2_205.html, indicates a problem with the class. You should look at the contribuitons section for it and give the new class a try.

Jack

Hi - I'm currently installing this contribution, at step 2 catalog, currently trying to find (in index.php):

<td class="pageHeading" valign="top"><?php echo $products_name; ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

However it is not there. I have the following contributions installed; Basic Blue Template, Page Heading Title, PayPal IPN.

Has anyone experienced this - or able to offer guidance before I break my shop?

Many thanks, sean.