• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I am getting an Error and a Fatal Error on line 111 on the Application Top page when opening the Admin window.

I remember something about it saying someting about clean html not existing.

I quickly changed persissions and then that did not wok so I reset them all back and uploaded the original application_top page.

Wud I do?

Line 111 is early on in the file. If that is the Header Tags code, it needs to go towards the bottom of the file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I went to Yahoo to do a site submission and they are now doing a verify. I have to put a copy of the META tag listed below and paste it in my site's home page in the first <HEAD> section of the page, before the first <BODY> section

<META name="y_key" content="xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" />

Where do I do this at???

Thank you

Michael

Hello,

I went to Yahoo to do a site submission and they are now doing a verify. I have to put a copy of the META tag listed below and paste it in my site's home page in the first <HEAD> section of the page, before the first <BODY> section

Where do I do this at???

Thank you

Michael

Hello,

Where do I do this at???

Thank you

Michael

It should go in the includes/header_tags.php file. You will the other meta tags at the bottom. You have to format it so it works for php. Follow one of the others to see how to do that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you Jack.

It should go in the includes/header_tags.php file. You will the other meta tags at the bottom. You have to format it so it works for php. Follow one of the others to see how to do that.

Jack

The following is how I added the code. I'm not a programmer so please tell me if I added it correctly.

echo ' <title>' . $tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $tags_array['desc'] . '" />' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $tags_array['keywords'] . '" />' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="robots" content="noodp" />' . "\n";

echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '" />'."\n";

//y_key is for yahoo

echo ' <META name="y_key" content="***************" /> . "\n";

//NOTE: If you want your email add to your source code, remove the two slashes on the

//following line of code. This serves no useful purpose and is not suggested tobe used

//echo ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL . '"/>' . "\n";

echo '<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->' . "\n";

Also, From my research Yahoo is going through some serious upgrades right now. This might explain why I keep going from being in the top 3 to not being listed. Example - I do a search and I'm #1 and 10 minutes later I do the same search and I don't show up. I have no problems with google. I stay #1 with them constant.

Again Jack, Thank you very much!!!

Hello, I installed HTC Ver 2.6.3 on my test server and it has been working fine for a month. Today I moved my site from my test server into production server. At first the site looks fine. However when I checked the categories links, it gave me this error:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

The page only shows the category title and it does not show any of the products in that particular category.

I was wondering if someone can take a look at it. Thanks beforehand!

My site is: http://www.dctcenter.com

Jay

No, there's no limit. A problem like this was mentioned previously but I have not been able to get it to fail. As I recall that person had deleted some of the pages that come set up already. If that is the case for you, then try replacing the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php (both shop side) and try it again without deleting anything. If it still failes, try adding one page at a time and then checking it. If you can get it to fail, please let me know know what page you are trying to add so I can test it here.

Jack

I have upgraded from v2.5.9 to 2.6.3. Everything appeared to work perfected at first, but I started to see the problem with Page Control causing lost tags for some of my pages, viewable in Text Control. After reading the posts from several weeks ago between Jack_mcs and DeadDingo, I copied in the original files in the 2.6.3 distribution (includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php). I was careful not to delete any of the pages which were pre-defined.

At first I thought that that had fixed it, but after creating 5 or 6 new pages with Page Control, I added contact_us.php. I have no reason to think that the problem has anything to do with this page specifically, but after adding this page, Text Control displayed several of the pages I recently added with missing keyword tags. Several others had keyword tags descriptions moved to neighboring pages.

Looking at the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file I notice that the define tags for contact_us.php have been inserted between the last two define tags of another page.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

-Ron

I have upgraded from v2.5.9 to 2.6.3. Everything appeared to work perfected at first, but I started to see the problem with Page Control causing lost tags for some of my pages, viewable in Text Control. After reading the posts from several weeks ago between Jack_mcs and DeadDingo, I copied in the original files in the 2.6.3 distribution (includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php). I was careful not to delete any of the pages which were pre-defined.

At first I thought that that had fixed it, but after creating 5 or 6 new pages with Page Control, I added contact_us.php. I have no reason to think that the problem has anything to do with this page specifically, but after adding this page, Text Control displayed several of the pages I recently added with missing keyword tags. Several others had keyword tags descriptions moved to neighboring pages.

Looking at the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file I notice that the define tags for contact_us.php have been inserted between the last two define tags of another page.

Does anyone have any more information on this?

-Ron

Hi

I too have noticed that after adding a page the keyword description tags had moved to the neighbouring page (in my admin panel) I just re-typed the wrong ones :-" I do not fully understand it all & just follow Jacks expert instructions & hope all is right. What do I need to look at to check it IS all ok please? I haven't changed anything from the contribution. Do I need to revert to a previous file?

Thanks

Julie

OK my edit didn't show :angry:

I have V2.6.2 installed & not V2.6.3

I suppose I need to upgrade, but is the above not fixed in this version either?

Thanks

Ron - Julie - This problem has been mentioned here before. Unfortunately, I can't duplicate it. There is most likely a bug in the code that causes the insertion to not work properly but until I can duplicate the problem, I can't fix it. If you, or anyone, can cause it to consistently fail, please let me know the required steps to do so and I will take a look at it. In the meantime, all you can do is manually edit the files if that happens.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ron - Julie - This problem has been mentioned here before. Unfortunately, I can't duplicate it. There is most likely a bug in the code that causes the insertion to not work properly but until I can duplicate the problem, I can't fix it. If you, or anyone, can cause it to consistently fail, please let me know the required steps to do so and I will take a look at it. In the meantime, all you can do is manually edit the files if that happens.

Jack

OK Jack

I don't know how to cause it to fail, :blush: so I will watch this space MORE closely! To be honest I hadn't realised it was a problem until now. I will try & do your latest upgrade soon & read the previous posts now I know what I am looking for. I wish I had more time to keep on top of all this & which makes your continued support for this is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Julie

OK Jack

I don't know how to cause it to fail, :blush: so I will watch this space MORE closely! To be honest I hadn't realised it was a problem until now. I will try & do your latest upgrade soon & read the previous posts now I know what I am looking for. I wish I had more time to keep on top of all this & which makes your continued support for this is greatly appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks

Julie

I don't know how to cause the problem, either. It shouldn't be too hard, if I have time. Now that it has occurred, even though I clean up the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file, it occurs virtually every time I add a new page with Page Control. New pages are added between the last two define lines of the previous page. I have to edit the above file after every new page is added, or it gets pretty messy.

How does the program pick the insertion point in the header_tags file when it adds a new page? It seems that it is inserting new pages one line short of the end of a record. In other words, it gets inserted after 5 define lines instead of after line 6. As in this example, after adding the new page widgets.php...

// pagename.php
define('HTTA_PAGENAME_ON','0');
define('HTDA_PAGENAME_ON','0');
define('HTKA_PAGENAME_ON','0');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PAGENAME','Pagename Title');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_PAGENAME','Pagename Description Line');
// widgets.php
define('HTTA_WIDGETS_ON','0');
define('HTDA_WIDGETS_ON','0');
define('HTKA_WIDGETS_ON','0');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_WIDGETS','Widgets Title');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_WIDGETS','Widgets Description Line');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_WIDGETS','Widgetkey1, Widgetkey2, Widgetkey3');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_PAGENAME','Pagenamekey1, Pagenamekey2, Pagenamekey3');

Ron

It's been a while since I coded it but it is probably searching for the // and inserting before it. You might want to compare your file (before the code is corrupted) with the one included to see if there are any major differences (or does it fail the first time you add a page on a new header_tags file?).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It's been a while since I coded it but it is probably searching for the // and inserting before it. You might want to compare your file (before the code is corrupted) with the one included to see if there are any major differences (or does it fail the first time you add a page on a new header_tags file?).

Jack

Hi Jack,

Ok, I can break it by adding two new pages to the original files. The original file (includes/languages/english/header_tags.php) has all of the pages nicely spaced out with a blank line between each. When I add a new page, it doesn't insert a blank line between it and the page right before it.

To recreate the problem I am having:

1) Start with the original header_tags file.

2) Add a page which falls alphabetically between the first two predefined pages, allprods.php and index.php Here I have added clocks.php:

// allprods.php
define('HTTA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title
define('HTKA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL in Keywords
define('HTDA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL in Description
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALLPRODS', '');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALLPRODS','');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALLPRODS','');
// clocks.php
define('HTTA_CLOCKS_ON','0');
define('HTDA_CLOCKS_ON','0');
define('HTKA_CLOCKS_ON','0');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_CLOCKS','Clocks Title');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_CLOCKS','Clocks Description Line');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_CLOCKS','Clockskey1, Clockskey2, Clockskey3');

// index.php
define('HTTA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title
define('HTKA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL in Keywords
define('HTDA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL in Description
define('HTTA_CAT_DEFAULT_ON', '0'); //Include HEADER_TITLE_DEFAULT in CATEGORY DISPLAY
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT', 'Home Page');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT','- osCommerce : What\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT','- Hardware Software DVD Movies What\'s New Here?');

3) Then I add a page which falls between allprods.php and clocks.php. Here I have added calendars.php. Note the location of the keywords tag for allprods.php:

// allprods.php
define('HTTA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title
define('HTKA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL in Keywords
define('HTDA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL in Description
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALLPRODS', '');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALLPRODS','');
// calendars.php
define('HTTA_CALENDARS_ON','0');
define('HTDA_CALENDARS_ON','0');
define('HTKA_CALENDARS_ON','0');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_CALENDARS,'Calendars Title');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_CALENDARS','Calendars Description Line');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_CALENDARS','Calendarskey1, Calendarskey2, Calendarskey3');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALLPRODS','');
// clocks.php
define('HTTA_CLOCKS_ON','0');
define('HTDA_CLOCKS_ON','0');
define('HTKA_CLOCKS_ON','0');
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_CLOCKS','Clocks Title');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_CLOCKS','Clocks Description Line');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_CLOCKS','Clockskey1, Clockskey2, Clockskey3');

// index.php
define('HTTA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title
define('HTKA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL in Keywords
define('HTDA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL in Description
define('HTTA_CAT_DEFAULT_ON', '0'); //Include HEADER_TITLE_DEFAULT in CATEGORY DISPLAY
define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT', 'Home Page');
define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT','- osCommerce : What\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies');
define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT','- Hardware Software DVD Movies What\'s New Here?');

I am sorry for the length of the post, but I would really like to know if this is the results you get following the above steps, or if I have somehow introduced a bug into my site while upgrading.

-Ron

If I add pages as you describe it works fine here. I don't you introduced a bug. The problem is probably with Header Tags since others have mentioned it. Why it fails on your server and not mine is the mystery. I suppose it could be related to the php version. Just for the heck of it, please give this a try. In admin/header_tags_controller.php, find this line of code

$engArray['keyword'] = sprintf("define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_%s','%s');\n", $fileUpper, $args['keyword']);

and change it to

$engArray['keyword'] = sprintf("define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_%s','%s');\n\n", $fileUpper, $args['keyword']);

Does that make a difference?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If I add pages as you describe it works fine here. I don't you introduced a bug. The problem is probably with Header Tags since others have mentioned it. Why it fails on your server and not mine is the mystery. I suppose it could be related to the php version. Just for the heck of it, please give this a try. In admin/header_tags_controller.php, find this line of code
	  $engArray['keyword'] = sprintf("define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_%s','%s');\n", $fileUpper, $args['keyword']);

and change it to

$engArray['keyword'] = sprintf("define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_%s','%s');\n\n", $fileUpper, $args['keyword']);

Does that make a difference?

Jack

Your suggested change causes 2 blank lines to be inserted at the end of the new page instead of just 1. I just noticed that commenting out the line about 10 lines above your line in the same file

$insertPoint--;

like this

//		$insertPoint--;

seems to work when done in conjunction with your suggestion.

I just discovered that the delete page function on Page Control deletes a page but leaves the blank line, resulting in 2 blank lines in the header_tags file every time a page is deleted.

Ron

I just discovered that the delete page function on Page Control deletes a page but leaves the blank line, resulting in 2 blank lines in the header_tags file every time a page is deleted.

Ron

When I change this code (about line 183 in admin/header_tags_controller.php)

else
	{
	  array_splice($fp, $delStart, $delStop);
	  WriteHeaderTagsFile($filenameEng, $fp);

to this

else
	{
	  $delStop++;
	  array_splice($fp, $delStart, $delStop);
	  WriteHeaderTagsFile($filenameEng, $fp);

the delete function appears to work.

Ron

Hello Fellow oscommerce users.

I have been working on this all day and after reading hundreds of posts I am still the none wiser. Seems no-one is having this problem.

Everything seems to work with regards to adding new products but when Im in the admin area this is what I see:

eg1.gif

but if I click on the main heade: BOX_HEADING_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER

I get the error: Warning: require(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER) [function.require.php]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\welovedeli.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\admin\header_tags_controller.php on line 15

Fatal error: require() [function.require.php]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER' (include_path='.;C:\PHP5\php') in D:\welovedeli.co.uk\wwwroot\catalog\admin\header_tags_controller.php on line 15

I know I am close to getting this to work if anyone has any suggestions?

Best Regards

M

Edited by jeellison

Ok so I have fixed the headings so it displays the correct text but when i click the links, i get the same error as above.

Soo close.

Thanks

You haven't made all of the required changes. Be sure to read through the install files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thank you for your help. With the 3 changes previously discussed, this seems to be working for me. Do you have any additional comments? I do hope you can find out why only some installations do this.

Ron

Hi Jack,

Yes, you were right, I put some of your code in the wrong file. Everything seems to be working now. This is great thanks.

Just one thing, how do I remove the category heading from each page as they have now re-appeared?

Im sure ill work it out.

Thanks