• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I installed version 2.63. Everything was fine, but my server shut down while I was editing and I received a "No space left on device" error. Although this has not caused many problems in the past, now it erased all the pages in the text control file. I get a long error // .php define('HTTA__ON','0'); define('HTDA__ON','0'); define('HTKA__ON','0'); on and on. The error is only on my catalog and index pages. Has anyone experienced this problem? I would hate to reinstall this contribution just to have this happen every time the server has problems. My page has been generating business and this is a pretty serious problem. The admin controller will not add any pages to the text control. Any suggestions?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went ahead and reinstalled all the files. It worked. I just wonder if changing the file permissions to 777 (required to work) allows my server to automatically overwrite this contribution and if every time I end a work session I should change the permissions back to 755. But this may not be the reason it deleted anyways.

Hi Folks,

I've just install the new version 2.6.3 from april 2nd.

I get this odd message "The file isn't writable".

I try to update the text control.

Further I get this at the top

"Permissions settings for the /hsphere/local/home/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/catalog/includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755"

What file do we talk about???

Thanks in advance,

THomas

I have installed the contribution. THe following lines appear at the top of the front page.

// BOF: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// EOF: Added: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

I included these lines directly before the final ?> in the includes/application_top.php file.

// BOF: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// EOF: Added: Header Tags Controller v2.6.0

?>

I am not sure what I have done wrong. TIA Chris

You need to set it to what your images directory is set to. If you have done that, try updating something in Header Tags anyway. The message is just a warning and will not prevent the script from working. They won't work though if the permissions are wrong so the easy way to find out is to see if a change can be made.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to set it to what your images directory is set to. If you have done that, try updating something in Header Tags anyway. The message is just a warning and will not prevent the script from working. They won't work though if the permissions are wrong so the easy way to find out is to see if a change can be made.

Jack

Hi Jack,

When I press update, the next screen says

"The file isn't writable" !!!!

Any clue???

The attributes are OK I think. But what file is it that is "The file isn't writable"?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

The file that is listed in the warning. The warning is saying the file is not writeable and the error is saying the file is not writeable. The fix is to make it writeable. You may not be able to do that using an ftp program. Try it using the file manager in your hosts control panel.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The file that is listed in the warning. The warning is saying the file is not writeable and the error is saying the file is not writeable. The fix is to make it writeable. You may not be able to do that using an ftp program. Try it using the file manager in your hosts control panel.

Jack

Thanks Jack that did the trick....

However, I do still get the warning in the top!!!

How can I eliminate that one :)

Thanks in advance,

/Thomas

Yes, I type my url in place of "yourdomain.com" and it was found.

That was a typo. ... it wasn't found. I'm showing up on Yahoo but not on Google.

hi,

I've got installed sts+ht, and now I've installed a contribution that modify the same code in admin/categories, I included just the part of the code that is new to keep Header Tags untouched, but I found one thing that I'm not able to choose if change it or not, because I'm not a programer

so what it is and what is for?, what will happen if I change it? (look line in bold, the "empty" and the exclamation mark before ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) )

with the new contribution

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && empty($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

// Start adapted for product thickness shipping module

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_thickness, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

// Stop adapted for product thickness shipping module

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

with header tags

//HTC BOC

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

//HTC EOC

thank you

gatosol.jpg

Thanks Jack that did the trick....

However, I do still get the warning in the top!!!

How can I eliminate that one :)

Thanks in advance,

/Thomas

If you are still seeing the warning, it means the permissions on the images directory and the header_tags file(s) don't match. If you can't get those to match, then you can delete the code that displays the message from admin/header_tags_controller.php and admin/header_tags_english.php. Here is the code
  if (GetPermissions(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES) != Getpermissions($filename))
  $messageStack->add("Permissions settings for the $filename file appear to be incorrect. Change to " . Getpermissions(DIR_WS_IMAGES));

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi,

I've got installed sts+ht, and now I've installed a contribution that modify the same code in admin/categories, I included just the part of the code that is new to keep Header Tags untouched, but I found one thing that I'm not able to choose if change it or not, because I'm not a programer

so what it is and what is for?, what will happen if I change it? (look line in bold, the "empty" and the exclamation mark before ($HTTP_POST_VARS)) )

with the new contribution

with header tags

thank you

They are basically the same and, in this case, it doesn't matter which you use.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed everything OK but I appear to have two sets of TITLE, META DESCRIPTION and META KEYWORDS for my pages. If I view the source of a product page I see identical text repeated twice within the <HEAD> tags. Is this normal? Will it affect my rankings if it isn't normal (most likely a negative effect?). Finally, where have I gone wrong and how do I correct it?

Thanks

Do you have the HTxx boxes checked for those pages? If so, try un-checking them.

Jack

Thanks for your reply. This is an existing problem from the original Header Tags contrib, how can I untick the boxes manually via the header_tags.php (language file?) ?

If it helps, some tracking code I placed on my site has also appeared twice wihin the head area.

Fill Tags appearing incorrectly...please help

Hi Everyone,

I have just installed the contribution and everything is working well as it should be. I just have one problem - after completing 'Fill All Tags' for all categories I have the heading of the category appearing in an odd position on the screen and dont know how to correct it. You can see what I mean in this link: http://www.inmyimagination.com.au/index.php?cPath=25

I already have a title and description for the category positioned on the left using the category descriptions contribution. But after completing the 'Fill All Tags' I have another heading in large text in between the description and top right image. I want to know how to place the new heading in the top left. I can then remove the smaller heading from the descriptions file. Anyone know how to change its position though??

Thanks in advance.

The code for Categories Description and the code for Header Tags can't both be in the file since they server the same purpose. If you added the code to the index.php file for Header Tags, except for the<title> section, you will need to remove it (or remove Categories Description).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

Just installed on a clean install and I'm getting these errors when a category is selected -

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/idealmc/public_html/shop/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 115

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/idealmc/public_html/shop/includes/classes/seo.class.php:115) in /home/idealmc/public_html/shop/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1992

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/idealmc/public_html/shop/includes/classes/seo.class.php:115) in /home/idealmc/public_html/shop/includes/classes/seo.class.php on line 1993

but its fine when on the "home" page.

I've been through the install twice now but can't spot my mistake - any clues?

thanks

The code for Categories Description and the code for Header Tags can't both be in the file since they server the same purpose. If you added the code to the index.php file for Header Tags, except for the<title> section, you will need to remove it (or remove Categories Description).

Jack

Sorry I dont completley understand your answer. Are you basically saying that these two contributions can't both be installed?